April 26, 2024, 01:27:32 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 630086 times)

giggsy11

Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #1020 on: April 26, 2010, 04:00:41 PM »
I doh kno bout dis Mikel thing nah.  I honestly have never been impressed by him.  I think he is solid but I doh see any offensive intuition in him.

Watch yuh mouth, dise Chow steps son-he invest years of watching and scouting with young Mikel. He even gettin a cut!  :devil:

These is fellas who obviously only see him play in a Chelsea shirt and nothing else.  "No dribbling skills.  No offensive intuition."  Even as fellow Chelsea fans ah hadda tell dem dey full ah shit. 
If I show them the tape of the U-20 World Cup Final where he was leaving Argentinians in his wake whole game they would be singin' another song. 
Mikel is playing the role Chelsea is asking him to play, and that's it.  It speaks of his versatility that he is an offensive (attacking midfielder) for his country at youth and senior levels and Chelsea has him playing a defensive midfield.....and he is considered one of the best (at least in the EPL) at his position.  Allyuh men need to do some real research.

Buss out the tapes/You tube Chow educate them.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 26, 2010, 06:02:55 PM »
I doh kno bout dis Mikel thing nah.  I honestly have never been impressed by him.  I think he is solid but I doh see any offensive intuition in him.

Same here.. If anything i could see him move a lil further up and get involved in more of the creative play like how he looks for Nigeria.. But outside of his CDM role, never really see him pipe on from distance or thread a bess ball.. Essien is the man that could easily operate in attacking midfield though.. He could probably play anywhere, goalkeeper and all..

Mikel still plenty better than Song though.  :devil: :devil:
:devil: :devil:
I was just reading quietly until you threw this bait.

Anyway, I was really conflicted about 'if not us then who?' I decided that as much as I dislike the buy a championship mentality of Chelsea, I would rather you win the PL title.

Like someone else said, please prevent SAF from winning the title with one of his shittiest teams ever!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 27, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »

Watch yuh mouth, dise Chow steps son-he invest years of watching and scouting with young Mikel. He even gettin a cut!  :devil:

These is fellas who obviously only see him play in a Chelsea shirt and nothing else.  "No dribbling skills.  No offensive intuition."  Even as fellow Chelsea fans ah hadda tell dem dey full ah shit. 
If I show them the tape of the U-20 World Cup Final where he was leaving Argentinians in his wake whole game they would be singin' another song. 
Mikel is playing the role Chelsea is asking him to play, and that's it.  It speaks of his versatility that he is an offensive (attacking midfielder) for his country at youth and senior levels and Chelsea has him playing a defensive midfield.....and he is considered one of the best (at least in the EPL) at his position.  Allyuh men need to do some real research.

Pass da spliff fella.  Chow doh mash meh up nah.  I admit I haven't seen him in country kit buh keep dis in mind, it ha rell fellas look rell good in de earlies fuh country and fade fuh one reason or another.  Sinema Pongolle always comes to mind.  Yuh remember him as ah youth player?  He looked like he woulda be something to reckon with, yet where is he now?  I like Mikel but I need to see more to share your enthusiasm.  At CDM he is decent.  At times he does look wild and clumsy to me.  If he has such a strong offensive game den why he does look so shakey advancing the ball so often?  Whaz wid all de back passes?

giggsy11

« Reply #1023 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »

Pass da spliff fella.  Chow doh mash meh up nah.  I admit I haven't seen him in country kit buh keep dis in mind, it ha rell fellas look rell good in de earlies fuh country and fade fuh one reason or another.  Sinema Pongolle always comes to mind.  Yuh remember him as ah youth player?  He looked like he woulda be something to reckon with, yet where is he now?  I like Mikel but I need to see more to share your enthusiasm.  At CDM he is decent.  At times he does look wild and clumsy to me.  If he has such a strong offensive game den why he does look so shakey advancing the ball so often?  Whaz wid all de back passes?

Not trying to speak for Chow but I think he appears to be basing his opinions the potential he observed when Mikel was bussin it up and also the fact that Chelski is not doing enough to help him fulfil that potential based on how they play him. I actually feel the sam way about Anderson, I really don't think that United have played Anderson in a position to take advantage of his strengths. They just decided to try the boy in midfield as a defensive midfielder when he has really good attacking qualities.
PS: is not like we are working Lucas' level of talent here!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:12:32 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 27, 2010, 11:12:46 AM »

Not trying to speak for Chow but I think he appears to be basing his opinions the potential he observed when Mikel was bussin it up and also the fact that Chelski is not doing enough to help him fulfil that potential based on how they play him. I actually feel the sam way about Anderson, I really don't think that United have played Anderson in a position to take advantage of his strengths. They just decided to try the boy in midfield as a defensive midfielder when he has really good attacking qualities.
I could work with that.  Is de same argument with Ballack fuh me.  I always been ah fan and I seen what he could do countless times when used correctly.  Since he been at Chelsea is either RM or sometimes CDM.  He too slow to play up de line in my book and he eh ha no business at CDM buh wha yuh go do.  Hopefully Mikel get a chance to play higher up the pitch in an offensive role so we can see what Chow seen.  It might be tough still doh because Kalou might be growing on Ancellotti and if J. Cole get re-signed then is ah wrap.  He will be stuck at CDM.  He better learn to shoot so he could challenge Anelka fuh he spot.

He still betta dan da shit song de gunners does sing doh :D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 27, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »

I doh smoke no spliff, fella, and my vision is better than 20/20.

Sinema Pongolle wasn't asked/forced to play out of position for club or country. 

If all you have seen is Mikel makin' back passes only, then you simply haven't paid attention to what he does.  I can vaguely remember at least two goals that Drogba have scored in the last two months that were deft long range passes from Mikel. Or it might have been one goal and an easy chance.  Mikel plays somewhat simple but his possession and passing is sublime.  I don't know what y'all are looking for that y'all don't see it, but the boy has a very artful way of creating space for himself and making the not-so-obvious pass to his advancing teammates.  He is not in a position from a defensive mid to make the through-ball pass to split defenses and I hope that is not what some of you are basing your assessment of him having "no offensive intuition" on.  He is one of the youngest members of the Nigerian senior team where, at 23, he has been wearing the #10 shirt for the last 4-5 years.  What does that tell you?  34 appearances, shortened "only" by ill discipline.   You will see the difference in 6 weeks.....unless Nigeria play him like Chelsea.
The problem is, that if Chelsea were to play him in a more attacking role, them english defenders will mash 'im up. Trust me on that.

I could work with that.  Is de same argument with Ballack fuh me.  I always been ah fan and I seen what he could do countless times when used correctly.  Since he been at Chelsea is either RM or sometimes CDM.  He too slow to play up de line in my book and he eh ha no business at CDM buh wha yuh go do.  Hopefully Mikel get a chance to play higher up the pitch in an offensive role so we can see what Chow seen.  It might be tough still doh because Kalou might be growing on Ancellotti and if J. Cole get re-signed then is ah wrap.  He will be stuck at CDM.  He better learn to shoot so he could challenge Anelka fuh he spot.

Ballack's game is simply not suited to the pace and confinement of life in the midfield in the EPL. He is a man that plays best when he is allowed tame and space with the ball, as we saw against Stoke the other day.  He cannot defend and he is relatively slow.  His best club days are behind him in Germany or he have a few remaining in front of him somewhere else. Not here now at Chelsea. 

I do agree, Mikel's shooting is very poor and he needs to work on that big time!   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 27, 2010, 10:05:02 PM »

I doh smoke no spliff, fella, and my vision is better than 20/20.

Sinema Pongolle wasn't asked/forced to play out of position for club or country. 

If all you have seen is Mikel makin' back passes only, then you simply haven't paid attention to what he does.  I can vaguely remember at least two goals that Drogba have scored in the last two months that were deft long range passes from Mikel. Or it might have been one goal and an easy chance.  Mikel plays somewhat simple but his possession and passing is sublime.  I don't know what y'all are looking for that y'all don't see it, but the boy has a very artful way of creating space for himself and making the not-so-obvious pass to his advancing teammates.  He is not in a position from a defensive mid to make the through-ball pass to split defenses and I hope that is not what some of you are basing your assessment of him having "no offensive intuition" on.  He is one of the youngest members of the Nigerian senior team where, at 23, he has been wearing the #10 shirt for the last 4-5 years.  What does that tell you?  34 appearances, shortened "only" by ill discipline.   You will see the difference in 6 weeks.....unless Nigeria play him like Chelsea.
The problem is, that if Chelsea were to play him in a more attacking role, them english defenders will mash 'im up. Trust me on that.

Ballack's game is simply not suited to the pace and confinement of life in the midfield in the EPL. He is a man that plays best when he is allowed tame and space with the ball, as we saw against Stoke the other day.  He cannot defend and he is relatively slow.  His best club days are behind him in Germany or he have a few remaining in front of him somewhere else. Not here now at Chelsea. 

I do agree, Mikel's shooting is very poor and he needs to work on that big time!   

The big thing about OJM is the space he can create when in possession and the holes he fills when not in posession. To many of us watch the game and only follow the ball or miss many of the more sophisticated aspects of the game. Mikel is not on the pitch by chance, his ability is greatly understood and made use of. The only thing is there is another great player ahead of him in Essien. To say he can't or don't regularly make forward passes is to not truly understand what this player does.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 28, 2010, 12:29:57 AM »
The big thing about OJM is the space he can create when in possession and the holes he fills when not in posession. To many of us watch the game and only follow the ball or miss many of the more sophisticated aspects of the game. Mikel is not on the pitch by chance, his ability is greatly understood and made use of. The only thing is there is another great player ahead of him in Essien. To say he can't or don't regularly make forward passes is to not truly understand what this player does.

I guess Drogba doh understand either, I have seen him boof Mikel on the pitch for not playing the right ball several times.

By the way, who is OJM? I have seen JOM, MJO and JMO, but OJM is new ;D

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 28, 2010, 10:07:08 AM »

I guess Drogba doh understand either, I have seen him boof Mikel on the pitch for not playing the right ball several times.

Yeah I call him OJM after talking with some African about him.  ???

Everybody does get boof sometime, cyah read nothing into that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »

....have you also seen them celebrate together when Drogba scores? 

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 29, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
Pleased to see Liverpool playing extra time in the UEFA Cup tonight  ;D

Forlan jus gone and buss de net tho....was hopin Pool wud win to further distract them on Sunday

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »

Yeah I call him OJM after talking with some African about him.  ???

He say he prefer to be called MJO....but I find it easier to call 'im JOM.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 29, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »
TRANSFER NEWS
£40m Sergio Aguero heading to Chelsea
Soccernet.com
April 29, 2010

Atletico Madrid's Argentine striker Sergio Aguero has already agreed a £40 million summer transfer move to Chelsea, according to ESPNsoccernet sources.

A top Premier League manager told Soccernet of the transfer as Aguero lined up for his club in the Europa League semi-final against Liverpool and maintained that it was common knowledge within the game that the deal was on its way.

"The word is that Aguero is going to Chelsea - it's a done deal at £40 million," he said.

Aguero was close to a move to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window but Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti was convinced that his squad were capable of winning the league without a huge investment and the price for the striker quoted at the time was £50 million.

However, Atletico Madrid's financial situation has worsened since, while the player is reportedly more relaxed about a move in the summer with more time to settle in to live in London after the World Cup.

Only recently Aguero was quoted as saying how much he admires players such as Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, which was naturally interpreted as a 'come and get me' message to the Blues.

"Chelsea are a great club,'' Aguero was quoted as saying. ''They have become one of the most feared in Europe over recent years. London would be a really amazing city to live in as well - myself and my wife could be really happy there."

Aguero - signed by Atletico in 2006 - has been likened to the legendary Diego Maradona for his playing style. Ironically he is now engaged to Giannina Maradona (Diego's daughter) and is fighting for a place in the Argentina manager's World Cup team.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 02, 2010, 08:04:52 AM »
Liverpool look out of it and in all fairness, they can't possibly be on the same energy level as we today.  Wigan just might be a tougher test for us next week.   Tree points, two games left to win!  Blue is de colour!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 02, 2010, 08:06:44 AM »
Allyuh quiet.

But then, yuh does only make a setta noise if yuh insecure...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 02, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »
Liverpool look out of it and in all fairness, they can't possibly be on the same energy level as we today.  Wigan just might be a tougher test for us next week.   Tree points, two games left to win!  Blue is de colour!

with only seeing the first half.....liverpool doh even deserve to play allyuh....they shoulda forfeit
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 02, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »
Allyuh quiet.

But then, yuh does only make a setta noise if yuh insecure...

but u self one set ah goods we win pass without ah talk on dis thread we doh hah to suck d team balls every time we winnin like in some other threads ::)
I pity the fool....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 09, 2010, 07:12:17 AM »
celebration today.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 09, 2010, 07:23:31 AM »
celebration today.

ayeaye.....doh jinx it >:(
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 09, 2010, 07:29:36 AM »
 :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 09, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »
Let's GO Chelsea!!! Take back we title...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 09, 2010, 08:13:05 AM »
 :thumbsdown:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 09, 2010, 08:22:22 AM »

:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 09, 2010, 08:42:13 AM »
:thumbsdown:

your title??

Enjoy your 4th EPL title?.. pathetic

we'll be back to win our 19th next season..keep it warm... imagine United were the poorest they ever were this season and we still blew it...Chelsea is complete shit... We lost Tevez and Ronaldo and had the worst injury crisis we've had in years and still manage to keep up with Chelsea this season who we all thought would run away with it...If we win this league today I will never stop laughing at your mediocre club

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 09, 2010, 09:05:22 AM »
We go paint the town blue....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 09, 2010, 09:10:03 AM »
De flikin man on the Man U broadcast tell me the Chelsea score a good minute before anything happen.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 09, 2010, 09:24:42 AM »
Berbatov need a bush bath.

giggsy11

« Reply #1048 on: May 09, 2010, 09:35:52 AM »
Berbatov need a bush bath.

No he need another side! of all the damn players the opportunite fallin to1 He probably shit his pants already!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 09, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »
I is a man like Lampard and everyting eh......but if I was in he shoes I was lettin' Drogba take dah penalty.

1]; } ?>