April 18, 2024, 02:00:21 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 628014 times)

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1290 on: October 03, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »
wow.  for a minute, I taught Roberto Carlos was playing for Chelsea..!! Great Goal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WT3i4DRbIAQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WT3i4DRbIAQ</a>
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 03, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »
Jus back from de game....2-0 again, men against boys again. A very similar game to last season's encounter at the Bridge. Arsenal had lots of possession and pretty passing, Chelsea played with ruthless efficiency. Drogba was terrorising the Arsenal defence, dem fellas was just bouncing off him. Essien was also a monster in midfield, all dem Arsenal nymphs really didnt have a chance.

Ramires is an enigma, dreadful for most of the game, one misplaced pass after another, and his defending was so poor that the Arsenal players were trying to isolate him in 1-on-1 attacks in the second half. Positionally he was awful, Mikel and Essien were continually talking to him while Drogba was literally screaming at him. But he never gave up and kept going all game, and was instrumental in the first goal. His biggest flaw seems to be his overzealousness but hopefully he will learn...for now he is a liability against big teams, but he could get away with it against Arsenal.

As for Alex bullet, I think that has to be the most lethal bullet I have ever seen, for a second the crowd was stunned, noone could believe it had gone in...then it was pandemonium.

ryan, you have no idea how jealous i am of u  :-[  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 03, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »
ryan i disagree that it was men vs boys...maybe it looked that way live but from what i sw of the first half (i reach home halfway thru it) and 2nd half arsenal played a good game and were not overrun or bullied...chelsea kept their shape defensively, kept their concentration better, cech made big stops and the one or 2 chances that arsenal did get went wide.   i prefer to lose this way than that drubbing we got last year (that was men vs boys)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 03, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »
Drogba is an Arsenal Legend!
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 03, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
Ryan. I didnt think ramires was awful today as u said he was. He wasnt a class act but he was good, his best game 4 us so far. Will improve but I want to have lamps back asap

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 04, 2010, 12:56:58 AM »
ryan i disagree that it was men vs boys...maybe it looked that way live but from what i sw of the first half (i reach home halfway thru it) and 2nd half arsenal played a good game and were not overrun or bullied...chelsea kept their shape defensively, kept their concentration better, cech made big stops and the one or 2 chances that arsenal did get went wide.   i prefer to lose this way than that drubbing we got last year (that was men vs boys)

By men vs boys, I was referring to the physical aspect of the game and to chelsea's focussed approach relative to arsenal's tinkering. Drogba did bully the Arsenal backline, they didn't win a single high ball against him. Essien was also bullying them. Arsenal did have some decent chances (Koscielny at the start and Chamakh wid one or two headers), but Cech didnt have much to do despite all the possession (his saves from Arshavin were fairly routine). Just my opinion, but once we went 1-0 up I was never really worried that Arsenal would get back into it.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 04, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »
Ryan. I didnt think ramires was awful today as u said he was. He wasnt a class act but he was good, his best game 4 us so far. Will improve but I want to have lamps back asap

Yeah, Seedorf was at the game yesterday and he agreed with the BBC commentary team how Ramires was great, which I dont understand at all. I would love to see his pass competion ratio, it must have been dreadful. And I'm certain that the other players were very frustrated with him, they were constantly lecturing him on his defensive positioning. But he gets an A for effort, and all he is lacking is compusure really. He will come good in time, but I will be glad to see Lampard back in the lineup.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 04, 2010, 07:53:44 AM »
wow.  for a minute, I taught Roberto Carlos was playing for Chelsea..!! Great Goal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WT3i4DRbIAQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WT3i4DRbIAQ</a>

And in case anyone thought it was a fluke....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_W8JFhgqgc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/A_W8JFhgqgc</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
yaow.. allyuh dont get tired..

its the same script running in Chelsea v Arsenal games for about the last 3 years running..

Arsenal will have more of the ball, show more attacking initiative, look pretty with some intricate touches and play. Will probably test Cech a few times and get a few chances which they will not take.

Then Drogba will score.

Then they will regroup, start pressing again, have the upper hand, put Chelsea on the backfoot...

Then Chelsea will score again.

Then they will get frustrated as Chelsea can sit back more, they will take chances, the game will open up and Chelsea will have opportunities to score even more on the counter attack.

Then at the end of the game, Wenger and the diehards will talk about how unlucky they are because they were the better side for long periods, they had chances they lapse defensively.

Its nothing to do with luck, its all tactical. Chelsea don't mind inviting Arsenal in their half, sitting and soaking up pressure because they know how vulnerable Arsenal are on the counter attack. Even if one of the chances, like Arshavin's, did go in then that doesn't mean things would turn out different. Chelsea would just adapt their tactics to press and push forward more.

Arsenal need to learn to adapt their tactics for the big 4 teams, they cannot approach the game as they would approach a game against Bolton. They are tactically naive, physically inferior and mentally weaker. Because of the way Arsenal play, i will go as far as to say this game was an easier proposition for Chelsea than last week's game versus Hull.

PS: I hope allyuh was watching, because this game showed just how much better of a defensive midfielder Obi Mikel is compared to Song.

This is a post i made last year after an Arsenal v Chelsea game in the Arsenal thread. Re-reading the bold part it almost seems prophetic, like i said this game only ever has one script. Chelsea is possibly the worst match-up in the EPL for Arsenal because of the physical gulf between both sides. I was actually surprised that Drogba didn't take advantage of that centre back pairing more because Koscielney is nashy.

I thought Ramires was very good yesterday. At the start, he kept up with poor touches and conceding possession very easily on the ball and he was continuosly playing back to the defenders when hurried in possession. But as the game went on you could see he was growing in confidence, getting involved and physical and looking to be more positive with his play.

I giving him time. He look real off the pace in his first few games, but that could be confidence and teething in problems. Technically he doesn't look up to par, but his biggest asset is that burst from midfield to force the opposition on the back foot. Lets see how it works out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 06, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
TRANSFER NEWS
Neymar intent on joining Chelsea in 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Brazilian starlet Neymar has reiterated his desire to join Chelsea from Santos, hinting that his failed summer transfer should go through in 2011.

Neymar was expected to arrive at Stamford Bridge in the summer but Santos rejected an offer for the 18-year-old striker. Neymar insists he has no issue with his current club but that he has his mind made up about a move to the Premier League champions.

"It would be great to get the chance to play for Chelsea. I feel excited about it," Neymar told the Sun. "To play for Chelsea would be an honour. Everything they have to offer is attractive to me. They have big players, they are in big competitions, they have a strong squad and I like the way they play.

"Top players want to be part of something like that. I'm no different. But I'm happy at Santos. If I left it wouldn't be because Santos isn't a good place to be but only because the Premier League is a higher level. It wasn't the right time for me to go in the summer but I will be much better prepared for it by next year."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 06, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »
TRANSFER NEWS
Neymar intent on joining Chelsea in 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Brazilian starlet Neymar has reiterated his desire to join Chelsea from Santos, hinting that his failed summer transfer should go through in 2011.

Neymar is an imps.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1301 on: October 07, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »

This piece of paper just sold on ebay for GBP 260.00, US $413.14

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 08, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »

This piece of paper just sold on ebay for GBP 260.00, US $413.14

i hope a trini buy it?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: October 31, 2010, 06:14:24 AM »
I eh know where de HELL allyuh had we thread buried (ah look fu it in de first  pages, it wasn't dey) but a jes' want to make an announcement regardin' my EPL squad:  BIG SIDE IS BIG SIDE!  Let's keep it up and stay as injury-free as we can, Chelsea!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 31, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
 :sleepy:

what a boring team.....what a boooring thread
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: October 31, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »
:sleepy:

what a boring team.....what a boooring thread

same old Chelsea...always winning...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: October 31, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
SHIT HOUNDS  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1307 on: October 31, 2010, 11:15:32 AM »
SHIT HOUNDS  :devil:

Chelsea FC reminds me of that make believe team Harchester United that is the show Dream Team right down to dey fans! All wanna beess!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 31, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
doh hate....appreciate ;D .....peace

we doh have to come on here an' suck d team balls to show support................ we revel slightly an' watch allyuh squirm an complain ................. loudly, incessantly..........annoyingly :P  drink a couple  :beermug: :beermug: an enjoy d show alyuh does put on...............we cool like dat 8) go'day :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 01, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »
I eh know where de HELL allyuh had we thread buried (ah look fu it in de first  pages, it wasn't dey) but a jes' want to make an announcement regardin' my EPL squad:  BIG SIDE IS BIG SIDE!  Let's keep it up and stay as injury-free as we can, Chelsea!

Aye ah did mean to tell yuh, ah glad to see yuh boy flourishing and proving what yuh alluded to all along.  I glad he gettin da opportunity under Ancelotti too because he more offensive minded than many of our recent managers and using Mikel like ah boss. Now ah seein what yuh was ravin bout, right now he is easily one ah we most consistent players. :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 07, 2010, 12:09:51 PM »

Aye ah did mean to tell yuh, ah glad to see yuh boy flourishing and proving what yuh alluded to all along.  I glad he gettin da opportunity under Ancelotti too because he more offensive minded than many of our recent managers and using Mikel like ah boss. Now ah seein what yuh was ravin bout, right now he is easily one ah we most consistent players. :beermug:

:beermug: :beermug:

We was beaten by an inspired liverpool today.  Two great finishes by Torres and some good goalkeeping by and lucky bounces for Pepe Reyna.  Take win, today liverpool, this will be the highlight of allyuh season.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 07, 2010, 12:16:23 PM »
We was beaten by an inspired liverpool today.  Two great finishes by Torres and some good goalkeeping by and lucky bounces for Pepe Reyna.  Take win, today liverpool, this will be the highlight of allyuh season.

Thanks, though hopefully this won't be the highlight of this season.  ;D  :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 07, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »
Something eh right with the grade ah peng Ancelotti smoking these days, but how yuh go sit down Drogba in a big game like this ???

And i cant lie, for a brazilian Ramires touches not crisp at all, he never calm. Man does make me wonder if he take the boat across from the Guyanese border steups.

Anelka.. yuh holding onto de judgement ball too frigging long, knock off yuh ball nuh hoss.

Torres wake up today and that was the difference. Hopefully this is a blip but something not smelling right.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 07, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »
Something eh right with the grade ah peng Ancelotti smoking these days, but how yuh go sit down Drogba in a big game like this ???

And i cant lie, for a brazilian Ramires touches not crisp at all, he never calm. Man does make me wonder if he take the boat across from the Guyanese border steups.

Anelka.. yuh holding onto de judgement ball too frigging long, knock off yuh ball nuh hoss.

Torres wake up today and that was the difference. Hopefully this is a blip but something not smelling right.

Doh worry yuh self too much.  Every body dat gih we trouble still hadda come Stamford Bridge and really prove they worthy.   Only team been able to do that lately is mancity.   Liverpool look like Trinidad today and we look like Sweden....like de goal was just goin' and score fuh we... 2 score fuh Trinidad instead.  Even Carragher was lookin' like he old self today and yuh KNOW dat eh happenin' fuh long through this rough season.  Hats off to liverpool today but they still only finishin' like in 8th place at the end of the season. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 07, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »

Not a technical Brazilian- He's known more for his hard work and athleticism-and clearly he is low on confidence...and clearly his teammates do not have confidence in him....They mostly give him the ball when he has no one around him....and when they give him the ball under a bit of pressure he coughs it up very often. 

He started off the season playing as if he was trying too hard, now it looks like he doesn't want the ball....He needs a big game, and probably a goal or two on the home ground to get the fans behind him and to get his season going...

In all fairness, he's not the first and will not be the last player to have an adjustment period in a new league....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 07, 2010, 01:04:46 PM »

Not a technical Brazilian- He's known more for his hard work and athleticism-and clearly he is low on confidence...and clearly his teammates do not have confidence in him....They mostly give him the ball when he has no one around him....and when they give him the ball under a bit of pressure he coughs it up very often. 

He started off playing as if he was trying too hard, now it looks like he doesn't want the ball....He needs a big game, and probably a goal or two on the home ground to get the fans behind him and to get his season going...

In all fairness, he's not the first and will not be the last player to have an adjustment period in a new league....

The first 25 that I saw, Ramires was pulling rel stones. He lost the ball, couldn't receive, and was behind the pace. He looked lost.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 07, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »
i guess allyuh staying out of utd thread for a couple of days at least.
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 07, 2010, 01:11:25 PM »
i guess allyuh staying out of utd thread for a couple of days at least.

We don't have to go to the Man Utd thread cause all ah them over here.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 07, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »

Dunno what de official reason was, but I went to the Spartak game on Wednesday and kept tellin muh partner how Drogba didnt look fit. He spent most of the game walking rather than running. Even when he scored the penalty, he just stood up there, no celebration - Drogba never does that. He really didnt look like he wanted to be on the field. I was surprised he didnt get subbed sooner against Spartak.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 07, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »
Well done to Liverpool. Anyway, we retain our first place. Hopefully we will have Drogs and Essien back for Wednesday and we should have the 5 point lead again.

1]; } ?>