April 19, 2024, 01:17:47 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 628216 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1350 on: November 14, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »
doh show allyuh Blue black face in utd thread for at least 2 wks eh.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 14, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »
Well that was the worst I've ever seen us beaten and we deserved it. That result illustrates the gulf in class between our first string and our reserves. We didnt play great but the truth is Sunderland showed exactly what can be achieved against that particular group of players -several of them just aren't top class. We might have the best first team in the league but our reserves are distinctly average. I had a bad feeling about this game beforehand and was baffled when I saw Ferreira in for Terry, even with Bruma on the bench. My ratings for the game:

Cech - 7 - made some great saves and wasnt at fault for any of the goals. The defence left him exposed all day long.

Cole - 6 - ok going forward, but should have been more cautious today given the lack of Terry/Alex. Mistake for the third goal, but academic at that point.
Ivanovic - 7 - tried his best, but was hampered with the inept Ferreira next to him. Had no raport with Ferreira and it clearly affected his own performance. Did well though.
Ferreira - 3 - in his defence he is not a CB...but he was shockingly bad today. Wouldnt mind seeing him never play for us again.
Bosingwa - 5 - didnt do much, seemed scared to go forward given our defensive frailty today

Zhirkov - 6 - one of his better performances for us, but he isnt in the same class as Lampard. Did look much more a part of the team today though.
Mikel - 5 - battled hard....but lost as many challenges as he won.
Ramires - 4 - another helter-skelter showing...was cheered off the pitch today, such was the crowd's frustration with him...never heard anyone get that before at the Bridge. Cant be good for his confidence.

Malouda - 6 - seemed more likely than most to make something happen, but Sunderland defended him well.
Drogba - 5 - definitely over his illness, however had no service from the midfield all day.
Anelka - 6 - like Malouda he looked decent, but was simply shut down all over the park by excellent S'land defending

Subs:
Kalou - 5 - typically aimless
McEachran - 6 - very composed, but never really likely to change the game.
Kakuta - 5 - didnt do much. has disappointed this season, will be interesting to see whether he's offered a new contract.

Side note - was walking towards the stadium today and got overtaken by Avram Grant and his son. New assistant manager perhaps?  :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:30:03 PM by Ryan »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 14, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »
doh show allyuh Blue black face in utd thread for at least 2 wks eh.

Guess we ha to take dat an cool it.  Lawd da was shit!!  Ramires 18M?!! Dat Laborer look rell cleless jedd!!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 14, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »
Well that was the worst I've ever seen us beaten and we deserved it. That result illustrates the gulf in class between our first string and our reserves. We didnt play great but the truth is Sunderland showed exactly what can be achieved against that particular group of players -several of them just aren't top class. We might have the best first team in the league but our reserves are distinctly average. I had a bad feeling about this game beforehand and was baffled when I saw Ferreira in for Terry, even with Bruma on the bench. My ratings for the game:

Cech - 7 - made some great saves and wasnt at fault for any of the goals. The defence left him exposed all day long.

Cole - 6 - ok going forward, but should have been more cautious today given the lack of Terry/Alex. Mistake for the third goal, but academic at that point.
Ivanovic - 7 - tried his best, but was hampered with the inept Ferreira next to him. Had no raport with Ferreira and it clearly affected his own performance. Did well though.
Ferreira - 3 - in his defence he is not a CB...but he was shockingly bad today. Wouldnt mind seeing him never play for us again.
Bosingwa - 5 - didnt do much, seemed scared to go forward given our defensive frailty today

Zhirkov - 6 - one of his better performances for us, but he isnt in the same class as Lampard. Did look much more a part of the team today though.
Mikel - 5 - battled hard....but lost as many challenges as he won.
Ramires - 4 - another helter-skelter showing...was cheered off the pitch today, such was the crowd's frustration with him...never heard anyone get that before at the Bridge. Cant be good for his confidence.

Malouda - 6 - seemed more likely than most to make something happen, but Sunderland defended him well.
Drogba - 5 - definitely over his illness, however had no service from the midfield all day.
Anelka - 6 - like Malouda he looked decent, but was simply shut down all over the park by excellent S'land defending

Subs:
Kalou - 5 - typically aimless
McEachran - 6 - very composed, but never really likely to change the game.
Kakuta - 5 - didnt do much. has disappointed this season, will be interesting to see whether he's offered a new contract.

Side note - was walking towards the stadium today and got overtaken by Avram Grant and his son. New assistant manager perhaps?  :)

I eh know....maybe watching the game on tv does distort things as opposed to watching it live, but....I seriously cannot agree with most of your assessment of this game here jed.  I find allyuh men rel hard on Ramires:  The man worked rel hard in the midfield and was the recipient of some questionable refereeeing because I see the man was steady gettin' rough up and few calls were going his way.  Mikel lost possession ONCE for the entire game and it was because he was fouled.  He and Petr Cech were actually Chelsea's best players on the day.  Zhikoff had a TERRIBLE game, losing the ball, making bad passes to nowhere and was left trailing his man, Henderson, on the second goal.  I would hardly call it his best game so far.  Ferreira was hardly a liability today and even surprised me at times with actual bursts of.....speed.  As for the subs, first one, Kakuta, I don't know how much you expect him to do, he only comes on in spurts and each time shows flashes of brilliance, if not potential and I think Chelsea would be foolish to just let him go. The other young kid, same thing.  I expect more out of Kalou and HE certainly disappointed.  Other than that, EVERYBODY played below par today, Drogba included.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 14, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »
I eh know....maybe watching the game on tv does distort things as opposed to watching it live, but....I seriously cannot agree with most of your assessment of this game here jed.  I find allyuh men rel hard on Ramires:  The man worked rel hard in the midfield and was the recipient of some questionable refereeeing because I see the man was steady gettin' rough up and few calls were going his way.  Mikel lost possession ONCE for the entire game and it was because he was fouled.  He and Petr Cech were actually Chelsea's best players on the day.  Zhikoff had a TERRIBLE game, losing the ball, making bad passes to nowhere and was left trailing his man, Henderson, on the second goal.  I would hardly call it his best game so far.  Ferreira was hardly a liability today and even surprised me at times with actual bursts of.....speed.  As for the subs, first one, Kakuta, I don't know how much you expect him to do, he only comes on in spurts and each time shows flashes of brilliance, if not potential and I think Chelsea would be foolish to just let him go. The other young kid, same thing.  I expect more out of Kalou and HE certainly disappointed.  Other than that, EVERYBODY played below par today, Drogba included.

I agree, watchin on TV is different to watchin live...you've seen things at a better angle and have the benefit of replay...whereas live you have a better view of player emotions/interactions and off the ball running and positional play.

Ramires - it wasn't just me, like I said, the whole stadium cheered when he was subbed. Yes he works hard, but he lacks any composure whatsoever. Most of his offering is hard tackles and graft, when the reality is he is there in place of Lampard...its offence we need from him...he is not good at spotting a through ball. When your team's strength is playing one touch football, composure is key.

Mikel - was just ok. he did not perform well defensively...his job is to fill in in defence when cole/bosingwa bomb forward...clearly that didnt work today. I would have to see the replay, but I am pretty sure he was one of the players who Onuoha dribbled past for the first goal...Onuoha? Really?

Zhirkov - he had our best chances offensively and for once seemed to be on the same wavelength as Ashley Cole (who usually looks vex wid him). To me, he was the only midfielder who tried to play attacking football.

Ferreira - Awful, Awful, Awful, Awful, Awful. Gyan was having a field day with him, particularly in the first half (even if it didnt lead to a goal). You could see the confusion on the face of Ivanovic, he had no confidence in his partner. I cant even debate this one, it was easily the worst performance I have seen from a Chelsea centre back. His positioning was dreadful. His ridiculous missed interception (and it was not his first error) led to the initial barrage before the first goal. For the second goal he was stranded halfway up the pitch.

As for Kakuta and McEachran, I'm not blaming them at all, just saying they didnt do much.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:07:26 PM by Ryan »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 14, 2010, 03:09:31 PM »
Since de WC I saying Ramires looking ordinary... was more than happy to see Chelski overpay fuh him.  He playing intimidated, first sign of pressure and he looking to get rid of the ball.  Wasn't watching him close enough to see what his positioning today was but it is telling that the two loudest cheers he get was when he put the header on goal and when he leave de pitch.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 14, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
Missed the game but hearing that Ferreira started the game tells me all i need to know about this game.

And i maintain, Ramires hails from the border of South Guyana and Northern Brazil, probably on the Guyanese coast because his brand of football is decidedly non-Brazilian. Starting to think its a confidence thing.

I seriously cannot believe Sunderland beat us 3-0 at home.

Time to get the act together.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 14, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
hoss I doe like to come in here to rub in when allyuh do shit

BUT... after all the shit talk I taking this season:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I freak when I hear the result..I didnt believe it... I thought men was on shit

Ray Wilkins boy lol.. the man was holding the team together awa?

haha allyuh keep hitting teams 6... we still in 2nd gear and only 3 points behind and you know the months ahead we shift them gears upwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 14, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
is d ref fault ent? ::) :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 14, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »
hoss I doe like to come in here to rub in when allyuh do shit

BUT... after all the shit talk I taking this season:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I freak when I hear the result..I didnt believe it... I thought men was on shit

Ray Wilkins boy lol.. the man was holding the team together awa?

haha allyuh keep hitting teams 6... we still in 2nd gear and only 3 points behind and you know the months ahead we shift them gears upwards

We lorse 1 game and get a cutarse the 2nd game and we still on top.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 14, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »
yea do yuh ting...

I hope this shows teams to give it a go against Chelsea... the fear factor from the small clubs has to end... they are not unbeatable nor are they anything to fear

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 15, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »
Have to say that the one good thing about gettin blowout by Sunderland was getting to see Gyan's goal celebration...it is de baddest celebration in de Prem in my opinion...and Zenden went and made it a million times better  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ADTUDx8-Pbg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ADTUDx8-Pbg</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 15, 2010, 01:02:51 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz6vP6yLobw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz6vP6yLobw&amp;feature=related</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 15, 2010, 06:46:12 PM »
3-0  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PUT THAT IN YUH PIPE N STOKE IT!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 15, 2010, 09:09:23 PM »
Didn't think Ramires was that bad...seen him play alot more poorly this season...

Chelsea looked hungover though...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: November 15, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »

I agree, watchin on TV is different to watchin live...you've seen things at a better angle and have the benefit of replay...whereas live you have a better view of player emotions/interactions and off the ball running and positional play.

Ramires - it wasn't just me, like I said, the whole stadium cheered when he was subbed. Yes he works hard, but he lacks any composure whatsoever. Most of his offering is hard tackles and graft, when the reality is he is there in place of Lampard...its offence we need from him...he is not good at spotting a through ball. When your team's strength is playing one touch football, composure is key.

Mikel - was just ok. he did not perform well defensively...his job is to fill in in defence when cole/bosingwa bomb forward...clearly that didnt work today. I would have to see the replay, but I am pretty sure he was one of the players who Onuoha dribbled past for the first goal...Onuoha? Really?

Zhirkov - he had our best chances offensively and for once seemed to be on the same wavelength as Ashley Cole (who usually looks vex wid him). To me, he was the only midfielder who tried to play attacking football.

Ferreira - Awful, Awful, Awful, Awful, Awful. Gyan was having a field day with him, particularly in the first half (even if it didnt lead to a goal). You could see the confusion on the face of Ivanovic, he had no confidence in his partner. I cant even debate this one, it was easily the worst performance I have seen from a Chelsea centre back. His positioning was dreadful. His ridiculous missed interception (and it was not his first error) led to the initial barrage before the first goal. For the second goal he was stranded halfway up the pitch.

As for Kakuta and McEachran, I'm not blaming them at all, just saying they didnt do much.

Well, unless fans are shouting epithets at you as you're being subbed off, how can you tell that the cheers were for his being taken off and not for the hard work he put in on the field?
Yes, Mikel was beaten on that first goal, after he made a last-ditch attempt at sticking a foot out to stop the man that was allowed to waltz in the box with the ball at his feet.  Funny you should mention Bosinwa because he just stood there on his heels almost inviting the man to dance with the ball towards goal just before Mikel got beaten.  

Zhirkof may have had our best chance at scoring (and he blew it terribly) but he did nothing else but make bad passes, mistrapped a ball or two to give away possesion and (like everybody else) can't seem to deliver a proper ball into the 18.

Ferreira wasn't as awful as you make him out to be.  Every body knows what his liability is: his speed, and having a hard time against Asamoah Gyan (especially if you're a slow-ass defender) and having him score only one goal isn't all that bad.

....and as far as the two young subs, I wasn't suggesting that you were blaming them as much as I was asking what were you really expecting to get out of them.  The whole team was being overrun by Stoke and there was very little that these two youths could have done to stem the tide or change the result.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 16, 2010, 01:07:37 AM »

Well, unless fans are shouting epithets at you as you're being subbed off, how can you tell that the cheers were for his being taken off and not for the hard work he put in on the field?

Trust me

Yes, Mikel was beaten on that first goal, after he made a last-ditch attempt at sticking a foot out to stop the man that was allowed to waltz in the box with the ball at his feet.  Funny you should mention Bosinwa because he just stood there on his heels almost inviting the man to dance with the ball towards goal just before Mikel got beaten.  

Zhirkof may have had our best chance at scoring (and he blew it terribly) but he did nothing else but make bad passes, mistrapped a ball or two to give away possesion and (like everybody else) can't seem to deliver a proper ball into the 18.

Fair enough, those were just my opinions.

Ferreira wasn't as awful as you make him out to be.  Every body knows what his liability is: his speed, and having a hard time against Asamoah Gyan (especially if you're a slow-ass defender) and having him score only one goal isn't all that bad.

Dunno why you think Ferreira is slow. He isnt particularly slow, just not very good. As a defender, if a man is standing up behind you and you have no idea he is there, that's poor.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 16, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
Real pressure...

Terry out indefinitely and Alex gone for knee surgery and will be out for 6-8 weeks.

Is who to put in the hole now with Ivanovic?

Essien might hadda pull ah shift.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 16, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »
Real pressure...

Terry out indefinitely and Alex gone for knee surgery and will be out for 6-8 weeks.

Is who to put in the hole now with Ivanovic?

Essien might hadda pull ah shift.

Essien, Bruma, Mancienne (if possible), anyone else, Ferreira - in that order.

Unless Terry goes for surgery, I hope he won't be out for too long though. The man is a beast.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:32:23 PM by Ryan »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 16, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »
3 words..

Janurary
Transfer
Window
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 18, 2010, 04:05:40 PM »
Chelsea name Emenalo as Wilkins successor

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/November/18/chelsea-name-emenalo-as-wilkins-successor/

English champions Chelsea on Thursday promoted Michael Emenalo to the role of assistant first team coach, replacing Ray Wilkins(L), seen here with headcoach Carlo Ancelotti in February 2010 and who left the club last week.

LONDON (AFP) - English champions Chelsea on Thursday promoted Michael Emenalo to the role of assistant first team coach, replacing Ray Wilkins, who left the club last week.

Emenalo, 45, represented Nigeria at the 1994 World Cup during his playing career and has been at Chelsea for three years.

"Chelsea Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Emenalo to the position of assistant first team coach," read a statement on the Chelsea website.

"He moves up from his previous position of head opposition scout.

"Michael has been an important part of the first team management structure since his arrival in October 2007, and his promotion to assistant first team coach is recognition of his efforts to date."

Former England international Wilkins, who was in his second spell as assistant coach at Chelsea, left the club abruptly on November 11 after his contract was not renewed.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 20, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
# lorse outta 4 games......relegation zone for sure.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 20, 2010, 10:58:55 AM »
.....like we regressin' to the half-season under abramogrant, losing games we eh supposed to be losing, to teams we eh supposed to be losing to.  >:( LFS! (Loud Fackin' STEUPS!)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 20, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
Match Stats  

Birmingham                                     Chelsea  
3(1)                  Shots (on Goal)         32(9)  
10                     Fouls                        3  
4                      Corner Kicks              16  
0                      Offsides                    0  
38%                  Time of Possession      62%  
2                      Yellow Cards               0  
0                      Red Cards                   0  
9                      Saves                        0

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 20, 2010, 11:01:34 AM »
One good thing about the game is that we found out that Petr Cech can play center back and he showed for the entire 2nd half.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 20, 2010, 11:03:48 AM »
.....like we regressin' to the half-season under abramogrant, losing games we eh supposed to be losing, to teams we eh supposed to be losing to.  >:( LFS! (Loud Fackin' STEUPS!)

:heehee:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 20, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »
Lawd we ketchup  :rotfl:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 20, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »
Lawd we ketchup  :rotfl:

and we eh hit we stride yet.........not to mention we "big player" eh help the cause as yet.  Tee hee
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 20, 2010, 11:43:59 AM »
Better now than later.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 20, 2010, 12:03:36 PM »
is jus me or chelsea does have to f**k dey self mid-season to feel good ??? las year was d players dis year it look like management want dem turn
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>