April 27, 2024, 12:01:52 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 630738 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1770 on: April 12, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
alyuh have some change to get with torres deal

Like about 49, 999,999.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:13:59 PM by MEP »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:14:41 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1773 on: April 12, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »
Chelsea will never win a Champions League without a creator. Last season the only difference between Chelsea and Inter was Wesley Sneijder.

They also need wingers. ,

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 12, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
Chelsea will never win a Champions League without a creator. Last season the only difference between Chelsea and Inter was Wesley Sneijder.

They also need wingers. ,

and a new owner
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 12, 2011, 09:51:23 PM »
allyuh manu fans better enjoy allyuh self now.  Times eh always go be so good.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 12, 2011, 09:56:25 PM »
BREAKING NEWS:

David Blaine's 40 day world record for doing nothing in a box has been broken by Fernando Torres!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 13, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »
Breaking News:Ceasefire in libya as UN send in Fernando Torres.No shots reported so far.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 13, 2011, 09:44:39 AM »
dansteel, thanks for that interesting article, man.  The writer really touches on a lot of relevant issues that I think are really affecting the team in some way or another, including that issue of a (or who should be the) creative midfielder.  The one thing I really do think is killing this team is that everybody (not just Torres) seems to be out of form in a bad way.  I really don't think that the formations are the problem.  Chelsea has ejnoyed its success while switching back and forth between formations as necessary.  I also think that while there is a huge similarity between the Torres and Shevchenko situation, the dynamics are still different.  Torres is clearly out of form and lacking confidence.  But you can see he connects with the team and he is getting chances but just not putting them away, or is being denied by good goalkeeping and defending. (e.g. van der saar's save on his header last week was just brilliant on vds' part and hard luck on Torres' part) Shevchenko, as great a player as he was/is, he just didn't fit in with this team.  AT ALL. But Torres' poor form is not the biggest problem with my side.  It's the fact that so many of the other main players are also in terribly poor form.  Lampard, Kalou, Essien, Malouda, Bosingwa, Anelka, Drogba, all of them are guilty of one thing or another that is dragging us down.  A lot of people have accused Ramires of losing possession alot, but Anelka and (especially) Malouda are even bigger culprits.  Yesterday's game alone epitomises our poor form this season: Lampard took a lame shot that made for a very comfortable save by van der saar I think it was his only shot on target. Anelka let van der saar come all the way out his box and take the ball from him like candy from a baby.  Malouda have this way of runnin' with the ball and showin' it too much to a lone defender and running his way into trouble when there's more than one.  The other day, a padnah of mine arkske meh "WTF Essien jes' do?" after he took a terrible shot that nearly injured a game steward.  Ah tell him "Essien takin' shots like dat whole season."   All ah sayin' is, before we even talk about Kalou, Zhirkov and Bosingwa, the aforementioned players would do the team and its fans a great service if they would pick up their game to a repectable standard.  They making poor decisions and playing very uninspired (until they become desperate) and Carlo's strategy of benching Drogs is not working.   

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 13, 2011, 10:42:52 AM »
Mango Chow- I agree with you totally. Something happened to this team when Ray was sacked. BBC has an article today and I agree that changing the coach is not the answer. Somehow Michael, Anelka , Kalo Lampard maybe have to go. Chelsea need new blood and someone to partner Torres as I believe Drogba is going to ride out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »
Mango Chow- I agree with you totally. Something happened to this team when Ray was sacked. BBC has an article today and I agree that changing the coach is not the answer. Somehow Michael, Anelka , Kalo Lampard maybe have to go. Chelsea need new blood and someone to partner Torres as I believe Drogba is going to ride out.

been sayin dat from d beginning, although they won the first couple or so games after he left they didn't look right and never looked right since ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 13, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »
Dize true, lefty.  I agree wit both ah allyuh.....it rel frustrating though, because Lampard is as classy a player as Anelka is talented and I hate to want to show them the door, but I think Anelka has gotten bored with the team (y'all know he's only as good  as his best for as long as a team can hold his interest) and I don't think Lampard is the man to marshall the midfield.   We have to keep Essien but he need to pick back up his game.  Apparently/evidently/obviously Ray Wilkins played a huge role in getting the intangible aspect of the team to come together and maybe Abramovic need to swallow some pride and restore old faith and bring the man back and give it a couple full seasons.  Jose is the only man in my lifetime that I have seen thatt got this team to play with the right attitude to go with all the talent and see the kind of success the team has had over the last 6 years....but he eh comin' back.  After all is said and doe, I still want Carlo to come back, even though he seems to not have the handle on the team that he needs to.....but I say bring Ray Wilkins back, bring back Sturridge, let Kalou go where he want to go and start lookin' to fill the aging spots (JT) and givin' the youths a runout.  Kakouta is a very talented fella that just needs to mature.  Same with Sturridge but I think he would do well under Drogba and Torres....provided Drogba stays.  Maybe he does want to go, but we know we hadda let the drama queen in him do its thing.  Drobgba just need to feel wanted by the team and he will produce.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 13, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »
Congratulations to Man United, the better team won over the 2 legs.. (*one slow clap*  :yawning:)

Lemme stop in to say a few things..

Torres

While i didn't ask for it in the first place, contrary to most I still think Torres was an excellent buy; not for the present, but for the medium - long term future of the club. Before he arrived, there was a lack of options in the forward line with Drogba and Anelka off form and Kalou and Sturridge not stepping up when given opportunities. His signing brought a much needed competition for places.

Furthermore, the man is a proven EPL quality striker. You can buy Zlatan, Messi or Eto'o and still not have the guarantee that they can deliver given the nature of the EPL. With Torres, you get a striker who, when fully fit and on form, gives you that guarantee. He is also only 26 which means his best years are ahead of him.

The man is clearly not fully fit and clearly not in form and I never expected his signing to reap instant rewards as most January buys need time to mesh into the squad (Evra and Vidic can attest). What was wrong was to throw him in immediately and put him under pressure for instant returns instead of bedding the man in over the course of a few games. Right now Torres need rest, a beach and a preseason, then watch him come vack firing on all cylinders next year.

*Hadda admit though I did real laugh at the joke about Torres breaking David Blain's record for doing nothing in a box, and the one about him costing a whole lot more than the Fulham Michael Jackson statue.

Ancelotti

He got it spectacularly wrong across 2 legs and this is just a culmination of questionable decision making over personnel throughout the course of the entire season. It was wrong to sub Drogba in the 1st leg when he was the only man causing level worries in the Man Utd back line. It was criminally wrong to keep the most potent, powerful weapon in the Chelsea front line on the bench for the 2nd leg to start a player woefully out of form. Notwithstanding he may have a mandate to start Torres (more on this later), Drogba should be the first name on the team sheet. Run a simple stat on Chelsea Shots on Target with and without Drogba in the lineup and it should have been the simplest of decisions.

I in two minds on whether I think its time for him to go. On the one hand I feeling lil sorry for him, and tempted like many to absolve him from responsibility and place the blame squarely at Roman's feet. While this is not without merit, strictly focusing his managerial decision making his tactics have not been at the level I expect. I'll sum it up with these questions I have:

- How many times has Ancelotti made a tactical switch to change the course of a game when Chelsea's back have been against the wall.

- Why was he so easily outcoached by Mourinho in last year's CL QF?

- How many counter-attacking/breakaway goals have Chelsea scored this season.

- What has he done to correct the obvious flaw of a lack of speed and urgency in Chelsea's build up play.

- Whats with the slackness brooding in the side and in training that some players have alluded too.

- Why are his subs so baffling? Off the top of my head I remember Sturridge/McEachran when losing to Man City last November, subbing off Mikel instead of Ramires against Arsenal, subbing off Drogba at the most inopportune times. A persistent faith in Anelka and Kalou among other scratch-yuh-head decisions.

- Which players have improved during Ancelotti's tenure? Kalou should be a 10-15 goal per season striker but he is regressing badly. Sturridge and Kakuta were going nowhere before their loan spells. These 3 players should have been the ones to pick up the slack and carry the team through the injury/form issues yet dem men going nowhere and the coach has to take some responsibility for that.

Personnel

Players have been carrying a number of issues throughout the season and it was all too evident yesterday. Drogba was dealing with malaria. Lampard is not fully recovered, he looks cumbersome and also timid to shoot. The ball rolled across yesterday would have been slammed in last season, same with the one he had cleared off the line in the first leg. Essien has not been right for a long time and Torres is not fully fit.

I seriously think its time for Anelka to move on now, he continuously disappoints in the biggest fixtures and slows up the play too much. And Malouda like he want to lose his brownie points too with the way his game has fallen off since the start of the year.

Abramovich

It too obvious that he dictated that the team is Torres and any 10.

Not sure what it will take for this man to realize that he has to sit back and leave the football decision making to the people who know about football. I don't know what was behind the Wilkins firing but unless it was some kinda mudda talk pass, there is no way to justify that or ignore the fact that it had a devastating impact on the course of the season.

Also, the Torres signing while not so much as bad as the Ballack/Shevchenko signings, lacked a proper plan forward on how to integrate him into the team and put Ancelotti in a tough situation.

Hands down, Abramovich is one of the principle reasons for the failures of the team this season.

The way forward...

As much as I am against this, I suspect in the off-season that the club will sell Drogba, buy wingers and a creative mid and build the team around Torres. I don't see a way that these two can work together going forward, and as much as I don't want to see Drogba go I know there is no turning back now. Even if he left on his own volition I wouldnt blame him the way he was treated in the last few months.

That said the defense is set. The Luiz signing was an excellent piece of business because it gives cover in central defence (Terry/Alex/Luiz/Ivan), it gives a succession plan for an ageing Terry and it gives cover at right back (Ivan/Luiz).

I'd like to see Sturridge come back and get alot more opportunities, also Kakuta as an option on the left.

I'd like to see a couple wingers come in to provide much needed width and a creative mid to succeed Lampard long term (Lucas Piazon may be just that based on what I saw for Brazil).  Other than that, I think Anelka, Kalou, Ferreira and Bosingwa need to buss it.

Daiz it dey for me ah gone again.. lastly to the resident Man U fans just remember... today you might be the dog, but tomorrow ah guarantee yuh go be de forkin hydrant. Barcelona bussing allyuh ass anyhow if Schalke don't do it first.

Laters...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:33 PM »
Ancelotti hints at Torres error
April 13, 2011
Email Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Carlo Ancelotti admitted his future at Chelsea is out of his hands and that starting misfiring £50 million striker Fernando Torres against Manchester United may have been a mistake.

Ancelotti hints at error
• Big changes ahead at Chelsea
• Ferguson hails goal-scorers
• Jolly: Blues' hopes die
• Forum: How would you use Torres?
• Champions League gallery

United marched on to the Champions League semi-finals with a 3-1 aggregate win after goals from Javier Hernandez and Park Ji-sung at Old Trafford made Didier Drogba's goal redundant.

Ancelotti gambled by starting Torres and leaving Drogba on the bench, even though Torres had not scored in 817 minutes and 13 matches for club and country. Torres suffered a torrid first 45 minutes and was replaced at half-time by Drogba, who scored late in the second half.

When asked if it had been a mistake to start with Torres, Ancelotti said: "Maybe. Could be. I told you a lot of times this season I wanted to start with Fernando for this kind of game, these type of tactics.

"Didier played well in the second half. I wanted to put more pressure up front because we needed to score. Didier was fresh and he could use his power up front. This was the reason I took out Fernando.''

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, however, was in no doubt that it was the huge fee Chelsea splashed out for Torres in January which forced Ancelotti's hand.

Ferguson said: "A lot of people thought Drogba would play. I thought having signed Torres for the money they did they had to play him. I wasn't 100% sure but I couldn't see how they could leave Torres out.''

Ferguson, however, insisted he was not criticising Chelsea for signing Torres.

"They had the opportunity to sign Torres and I don't think anyone would have turned it down,'' Ferguson said. "Everyone said at the time it was fantastic business. You can't criticise him (Ancelotti) for that, it was a good signing. It isn't working at the moment but he is a young man and there are other seasons ahead.''

Ancelotti will now be under pressure to make sure Chelsea win Premier League games to qualify for the Champions League again.

He said: "We have to look forward. We have games to play and to win if possible because obviously we want to play the Champions League the next season.''

On his own future Ancelotti said: "I'm not concerned. I have to work and try to do my best, It is not my decision to stay or not to stay here.''

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: April 13, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
Congratulations to Man United, the better team won over the 2 legs.. (*one slow clap*  :yawning:)

Daiz it dey for me ah gone again.. lastly to the resident Man U fans just remember... today you might be the dog, but tomorrow ah guarantee yuh go be de forkin hydrant. Barcelona bussing allyuh ass anyhow if Schalke don't do it first.

Laters...

Lordo look dinho  :o , long time i aint hear from the original hater  8)
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 13, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »

been sayin dat from d beginning, although they won the first couple or so games after he left they didn't look right and never looked right since ???

Not true. as a man who watches pretty much every Chelsea game, i cud confidently say we were poor even before Wilkins left. We were poor since the Stoke home game (i.e. second home game of the season) when Lampard went off injured. We kept winning, which is why the media didnt pick up on how badly we were playing (media reports are based entirely on results, they dont look at performance). But the Sunderland result, and everything that followed, was inevitable. I was at the Fulham game (when Wilkins was still on the touchline) and we were terrible that night. We were just as bad offensively a few days later, but a few defensive slip ups and Sunderland made us pay.

What changed?

1. Lampard got injured.

2. Essien was already out injured, and has not fully recovered

3. Drogba played through the World Cup injured (broken arm, hernia) and then got malaria.

4. Malouda is a shadow of his former self.

5. The squad was too small and the same players carrying injuries were being forced to play too soon / too often.

All our problems are offensive. We still have a great defence.

If it were up to me, Paulo Ferreira, Anelka and Malouda would be moving on, replaced by a left and right winger (no need to replace Ferreira).

Drogba has one good season left in him if he has the summer off and chooses to stay. I hope he does.

Most of the talk about Torres not scoring is based on lazy reporting - the fact is he hasn't actually played 90 minutes in many games, and is getting subbed or benched because of the calibre of the other strikers we have available and the poor service he has been getting...Chelsea are simply not putting through balls or crosses into the box...it is slow methodical buildup on the edge of the box, which obviously does not suit Torres. Torres looked good in the home games against Man City and Wigan (even if he is nervous in front of goal) and will score eventually, particularly if Lampard and Benayoun are in the team together. He had an immediate understanding with Benayoun against Wigan last weekend. I am not a huge Torres fan (I dont think he's anywhere near as good as a fit Drogba), but I'm sure he can be as effective for us as Anelka has been.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 13, 2011, 05:18:36 PM »
welcome back dinho, jus yesterday i asking for u
 :beermug:

P.S.  - the rest of haters really need the extra support.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 20, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »
3-1 vs Birmingham, we played some great football 2nite, the best I've seen at Stamford Bridge since opening day. Some magical stuff up until Torres came on and salt down de place....he was awful. David Luiz was pretty poor today as well, but he is allowed an off night.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 23, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »
West Ham did not come to play today   ???  Hope they don't hurt us.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 23, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
as is par for the course this season, Kalou and Malouda playin' one pack ah imps!! Lampard, in spite of his goal, is playing poorly himself.  Ivanovic is a good dogged defender and everything, but, as nani proved, anytime he come up against forwards that could dribble a lil' decent, he becomes a liability.  West Ham gave a couple scares and the team is lookin' to pick it up, hopefully they will.  Another 2-3 goals are needed to really secure three points today.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 23, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
Torres has finally scored!   :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 23, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
Just back from the game, not a classic (probably not suprising cuz of the bad weather), but it was all about the Torres goal, it was chaos when he scored, a fantastic moment. :beermug:

Malouda's bullet wasnt easy either, Alex would be proud of that.

3-0 was a great scoreline considering the average performance by the team, but it was worth getting absolutely drenched by a London monsoon to see Torres break his duck :)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 30, 2011, 11:21:07 AM »
Chelsea now get a lifeline with some poor goalkeeping and equally dubious officiating. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 30, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
Chelsea now get a lifeline with some poor goalkeeping and equally dubious officiating. 

luckiest team in Europe without a doubt.. everything goes their way when they need it to

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 30, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »
Why is Bale playing so centrally in this game? Not nearly as effective as when he pulls wide and takes defenders for a run....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 30, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
Go ahead goal looked offside...

Chelsea having the nod of the Gods today so far. 

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 30, 2011, 12:24:49 PM »
Go ahead goal looked offside...

Chelsea having the nod of the Gods today so far. 

They did have a penalty waved off though

Chelsea play today like they haven't played in a long long time. Real hustle and fight

If they had played with this fight, they would already have wrapped up the title.

Ketch footballitis

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 30, 2011, 12:29:55 PM »
As I said.. luckiest team in Europe.. when they need a result they get the result via shit defending and goalkeeping and refs.. gist from the lino and gomes and a gift from the lino in the last minute.. offside winner

I'd be embarrassed to be a Chelsea fan.. no history, no passion , just luck and money

1]; } ?>