March 28, 2024, 04:12:57 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624373 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #2370 on: February 21, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
gary neville is a c**t of a commentator

among his other retarded statements he bawl somthing like cannavaro is poor and that is not what u expect from a balon d'or winner...

daz he brodda yuh fool

f**k off

I heard one of them say that Chelsea could easily score 3 or 4 in the return leg.  Must be he self.  That was a puzzling comment.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 21, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »
Ramires 'would return to Brazil now if there was a good offer'

Speaking to Brazilian newspaper Lance!, Ramires has revealed he would happily leave Chelsea to return to Brazil, if the offer was good enough.

"I even talk to my wife sometimes that if I had a good offer from Brazil, for sure I would come back now, regardless of my situation here," Ramires in an interview with the newspaper.

"I would return, yes. Brazilian football is getting much more attention now, clubs are paying well, and I always say that if I were to return to Brazil it would be to Cruzeiro."

Having praised Villas-Boas' use of him earlier in the interview, the comments will no doubt come as a shock to Chelsea fans, although it must be made clear there is no offer currently on the table.

Full interview (in Portuguese) here: http://www.lancenet.com.br/minuto/Ramires-Selecao-distante-torcedor_0_649135091.html

Down to earth brother. Yuh damn right! Eat yuh regular food. Fire bun a haute cuisine. :thinking:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 21, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »

among his other retarded statements he bawl somthing like cannavaro is poor and that is not what u expect from a balon d'or winner...

daz he brodda yuh fool

f**k off

I heard one of them say that Chelsea could easily score 3 or 4 in the return leg.  Must be he self.  That was a puzzling comment.

He might have been basing it on the fact that we had some very good looks on goal and men either hit the ball way off target or just lost the ball (like dah time when Ivanovic "dribble" through the side and had an opportunity to lay it orff rel nice fuh Drogba and he loss d ball) at times when the Napoli defence looked kinda shakey.  The main thing wrong with his assessment, though, is that Napoli looked like they were just as able to score (more) like Chelsea were.  Cech save we a couple time from a washout today.  This Napoli side is too talented and they have been playing well for a few seasons well now.  We cutarse was booked frm d time we got them in the draw and i don't see us putting the 3 or 4 unanswered goals past them that it would take to advance.  It look like some of us Stamford Bridge faithful are being joined with some esteemed company in their delusional dreams of Jose returning and bringing his brand of instant success with this group of players.  The way some of these players playing, like they joining them ranks and expecting the same miracles, too. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 22, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
Gary neville had the worst performance of the night. What a shocker!
Then again I should not be surprised at the rubbish that come out of his
mouth.

I agree on the statement that Napoli could have scored more. They could have been
2-0 up before Chelski even had a sniff. All said, great game and it makes the return even more interesting.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:03 AM »
Problem is....Chelsea hadda attack..which is JUST what Napoli does capitalize on. Chelsea eh scoring no 4 or 5.....at least without conceeding.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: February 24, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »
...not that it isn't water under the bridge at this point, eh, the 3-1 defeat is in the history books....but after seeing the replay of Cavani's goal on FSC over the past couple days, I am convinced he punched the ball with his fist or the palm of his hand and the officials (and even the cameras) missed it.  You can also see Cahill was trying to tell the officials that he used his hand.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: February 24, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »
Anybody seen Dinho? Sadist kinda scarce since he was bussin up he mouth before Man U/Ajax. Looks like all yuh jokes bout Europa league coming to an end withde way yuh shit side playing.

Bless
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 25, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »
Just back from the game. It was a much improved performance, albeit against Bolton. Not surprising, since we were playing our best available team - Cole, Lampard and Essien were all back in the starting lineup and Drogba retained his place. We weren't terrific but we never looked like losing or even conceding.

First half started off very brightly, especially Sturridge, but unfortunately the goal never came despite us having what seemed like a million corners. But in terms of positives from the first 45 minutes, Essien provided the back four with much better protection that Meireles has done in recent times and it was really just a case of being patient and waiting for the first goal to arrive.

The goal came from Luiz, who pretty much created and scored the goal himself - a wicked curling shot into the far corner, having started the play back near the half line. From that point on it could have been any number. Lampard and Mata started linking up superbly and we were tearing dem apart with some beautiful flowing football. Both Drogs and Lampard deserved their goals and we could easily have had a few more if Drogba and one or two others (can't remember who) had been less wasteful. It's been a while since we won so convincingly at home while keeping a clean sheet, so I am happy with the result.

Bolton were woeful, they parked the bus until we scored the first goal and after that they didn't really have any plan. Special shoutout to the Japanese winger Ryo though, he looks like he will be a good player (in the usual Arsenal mould - quick, tricky, likes to play intricate passes in the box).

Hopefully AVB will now realise that Lampard and Drogba have to be in the team for us to have any chance of retaining a Champions League spot. Their replacements are just not good enough.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: February 25, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
Anybody seen Dinho? Sadist kinda scarce since he was bussin up he mouth before Man U/Ajax. Looks like all yuh jokes bout Europa league coming to an end withde way yuh shit side playing.

Bless

Wait is Europa Legaue you on about......
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: February 25, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »

Bless

I here man..

In between work and Carnival didnt have much time in the last few weeks except to drop by and hail allyuh out on Manchester Thursdays.

Doh really drop one liners in this thread so was waiting till i had a lil more time. Doh study we and Europa, as bad as we are Arsenal have been worse and Tottenham going and skin them out tomorrow to give us some breathing room in 4th.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:39 AM »

daz he brodda yuh fool

f**k off

lol, I think I'm the only non-ManU fan who think's Gary Neville is a great commentator. I hope he sticks with it.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: February 27, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »
This whole Villas Boas situation is an interesting one i feel like i have so much to say about. I honestly don't think blame can be attributed to any one entity. I think Abramovich, Villas Boas and the players all have to share the blame in what has been a mediocre season so far.

Abramovich

The last time Chelsea undertook a project to implement a new philosophy of football at the club is when they hired Mourinho over 5 years ago. This system has been ingrained in the club since then, since his departure and through a procession of managers in and out of the club. It is the same method of playing that has been there.

This season, the club hired Villas Boas with a mandate to revamp the way that Chelsea play. In my opinion it was the right decision as the system was getting less effective year after year and depended on a group of aging players past their prime. It was the right time for a change.

However the mistake was that for a change as big as this, Abramovich did not support it with the acquisition of players. If he was going and do this he needed to do this properly. To recap, when Mourinho first came to Chelsea with his project he was given:

- Drogba
- Carvalho
- Ferreira
- Essien
- Robben
- Del Horno
- Tiago
- Kezman

... among others. Villas Boas was given:

- Mata
- Meireles
- Romeu
- Lukaku
- Sturridge

Of these players, only Mata supports the philosophy AVB wanted to instill. Meireles is not much more than a utility player, Sturridge was already there and converted to fit the system and Romeu and Lukaku are squad players.

How on earth Abramovich expect AVB to implement such a drastic change using pretty much the same group of players is beyond me.

Andres Villas Boas

In my opinion, AVB's tenure is indicative of every lesson we've ever learnt about the pitfalls of organizational change in the corporate world. I have been less than impressed with the way he has gone about the transition and he needs to take a lion's share of the blame for the situation Chelsea is in now.

AVB simply tried to do too much too fast. As mentioned before, it is one thing if you bring your own players already familiar with your style of playing and methodology. When you taking your project to an existing core you need to secure a buy-in from the major players or you need to shift them out, otherwise yuh find yuhself just peeing in the wind.

The transition needed to be a gradual one bearing in mind that you dealing with players that understand one way of playing for years. Start from the existing foundation and work from there. For example he force a high defensive line onto a defence that does not have the personnel to make it work and pay the price from early culminating in the 5 goal loss to Arsenal, then eventually had to backtrack. Any coach worth his salt knows that when building you build from the defence first then everything else come after. Instead he sacrificed defensive solidarity for attacking play and that get figured out quickly.

In addition, he come with this high and mighty, "my way or highway" mentality which end up alienating him from the players. Now to a point it is necessary to take a firm approach, but how can you tell big men that you have no future at the end of the season and expect them to give you 100% in the interim. You need to at least fool men a lil bit to make them feel like they are central to your plans. At the end of the day, these are the professionals that you depend on for success in the interim.

Aside from that from a management perspective he has been questionable. He has yet to settle on his best team. Is it Lampard of Meireles? Is it Ivanovic or Luiz? Is it Torres or Drogba?

Not to mention that shit he pull benching Cole, Essien and Lampard for the Champions League because of bad mind was the icing on the cake.

The Players

Torres - There is not much new to be said about him. It is the point now where I worry whether he will ever get himself back to a respectable level for the rest of his career. I have never seen a player so low on confidence to the point where he is even afraid to shoot. And they really try with him.

Lampard - Well past his best yet still exerting too much influence over the team. I see ragging AVB in the press about his playing time and his not getting along with the coach which is real low. Every time he get a pass, the time he takes to collect, turn, look up and pass off (usually back or lateral) negates any momentum. He simply no longer fits the team and needs to take a back seat.

Luiz - Somebody need to teach Luiz to defend and stop playing the ass. He could be a great player if he would simply learn to clear the ball in uncertain situations, but he gets caught trying to play too much in tight spots. He is that defender who has too much skill for his own good and to his detriment. If only he could read from the book of Lucio.

Malouda, Bosingwa, Mikel, Kalou - All seem to be regressing and badly. Malouda and Mikel in particular seem to be unable to match the tempo of the rest of the team and seem to be stuck in this slow, methodical way of playing. Bosingwa, while adaptable is a defensive liability and now is not even offering as much as he used to going forward. Kalou still here ???

Conclusion

At the end of the day, the team right now is at a critical juncture. Do they stick it out and put faith in AVB's long term project at the possible expense of Champions League qualification? Or do they cut their losses, bring in a name brand coach in the interim and try to secure CL qualification in the interim by squeezing the last bit of juice out of an ageing squad of professionals?

Sticking with AVB is a massive risk. If Chelsea don't qualify for CL, there is the knock on effect of not being able to attract the calibre of players necessary to support the squad revamp. It also makes it more difficult to get back to a top 4 level club (a la Liverpool) as other teams such as Spurs and City press ahead.

On the other hand, firing AVB means we abandoning the project and we right back to square one with an even older and more disgruntled squad.

Personally, I just hoping that Drogba last swansong is to carry us to the CL so that we could bring in Mourinho in the summer. That would be perfect.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: February 27, 2012, 05:58:02 AM »
Sturridge is real shit, he reminds me of Babel, have some skills but he eh have a football brain.

Chelsea shouldn't never sell Robben.

De team falling apart because de coach is shit, he does not understand English football or maybe he boss pulling he string.

All these coach after Jose fraid to use Chelsea as a powerful unit or their players, they play a scared and stale football.

They need to sign a real number 10 like Zidane, Latapy or Messi.

De team lacking flair and confidence.

Chelsea should learn a thing or two from Arsenal.

Time to unleash de youths.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:59:48 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: February 27, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »
Omar - a big (and not so philosophical) factor is Essien and Drogba aren't the players they were.  At Chelsea's peak, dem two men were heads and shoulders over anything in England...and as much of a team game as football is, two massive players could make a very big difference from their own efforts and because they make everyone around them that much better. 

If yuh had two men who could replace those two as far as ability and influence, Chelsea would be up there with a shot at the title.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: February 27, 2012, 08:49:51 AM »
Omar - a big (and not so philosophical) factor is Essien and Drogba aren't the players they were.  At Chelsea's peak, dem two men were heads and shoulders over anything in England...and as much of a team game as football is, two massive players could make a very big difference from their own efforts and because they make everyone around them that much better. 

If yuh had two men who could replace those two as far as ability and influence, Chelsea would be up there with a shot at the title.

Yeah agreed..

I specifically didn't mention Drogba because i felt it is a given that this is probably his last year at the top. Yet i think out of everyone he is at least trying regardless.

As for Essien hard to include him in an analysis because he has been injured for most of the season and only just getting back. At his peak he is the most important player on Chelsea's roster.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »

Bless

Wait is Europa Legaue you on about......

Elan, shout mih after allyuh 2nd leg game nah. Soon allyuh will be watching champion's league just like Man U.  :beermug:
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: February 27, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
Luiz - Somebody need to teach Luiz to defend and stop playing the ass. He could be a great player if he would simply learn to clear the ball in uncertain situations, but he gets caught trying to play too much in tight spots. He is that defender who has too much skill for his own good and to his detriment. If only he could read from the book of Lucio.

I will take David luiz on my side anyday. Yes he made  some errors and he does not have blazing speed, but he has skills, he cool and does score goal. Throwback to Francisco Marihno.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: February 28, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »

I will take David luiz on my side anyday. Yes he made  some errors and he does not have blazing speed, but he has skills, he cool and does score goal. Throwback to Francisco Marihno.

:beermug: Yuh ALWAYS have to take the bad with the good with Brazilian defenders. And when you consider that he is supposed to be a wing back and not a stopper, then Chelsea have to accept the bad with the good even more because is they (yet again) who decide to experiment playing a man out of his natural position.  And run Alex outta town. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: February 28, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »
David Luiz eh no wing back...He just wild lol.  Brazilian wing backs always seem to be converted wingers (Branco, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Alves, Maicon, Marcelo)... Natural wingers who drop deep so we call them wing backs...

DL is versatile across the back, but primarily sits in the hole.  If they could polish up that, he will be special.  Both he and Thiago Silva at Milan are very promising Brazilian CB's...Thiago more developed than Luiz though. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:20:00 AM by kicker »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »

Coincidentally David Luiz's surname is Marinho....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: February 28, 2012, 10:45:39 PM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: February 29, 2012, 09:07:54 PM »
David Luiz eh no wing back...He just wild lol.  Brazilian wing backs always seem to be converted wingers (Branco, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Alves, Maicon, Marcelo)... Natural wingers who drop deep so we call them wing backs...

DL is versatile across the back, but primarily sits in the hole.  If they could polish up that, he will be special.  Both he and Thiago Silva at Milan are very promising Brazilian CB's...Thiago more developed than Luiz though. 

My bad.....ah guess ah did geh tie-up because ah did read somewhere before that he had played plenty left-back at Benfica.....but ah now wnet and read up on him some more and it turns out d man started off (as a youth) as a defensive mid and he transition into stopper over the years, including for Brazil.........but he mess up again last night, but thank God Brazil still win in the end......Buth that being said, ah STILL think Chelsea playing him outta position because his instincts and his drive is to go forward, play the ball, play with the ball and take certain risks.  Dat is NOT a player you want to have anywhere in your central defense.  He need to be out wide, or in midfield.  It have enough Joh Terry's and Cahill's to be straight up, no-nonsence stoppers (plus we had Alex) than to be bringing in a player to play stopper who clearly has a little more talent and desire than to be "just" that.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 03, 2012, 10:54:58 AM »
Sorry AVB, but it not working out.

Time to buss it.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
Think we witness the nail in the coffin today for avb ....it's clear certain players are not buying into his plans and today was just poor individual performances ....not one player stood out today from the starting 11 and in my opinion Torres showed more endeavor in his 15minutes than a lot of these players showed in 90...sturridge today and those two chances made it clear we were not going to get a goal...mats surprisingly loss of touch in striking a ball ...drogba didn't Even shoot at goal ...malouda showed why he should be let go....fact is we as Chelsea fans need to face it our squad is no longer good enough....instead of managers the players need changing but such is football that I don't expect avb to last till seasons end

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 03, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
A setta deadweight and morale-destroyers in de team and is AVB fault?
Let the man build a squad nah.

giggsy11

« Reply #2395 on: March 03, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »
A setta deadweight and morale-destroyers in de team and is AVB fault?
Let the man build a squad nah.

I agree with that. I don't think AVB wasn't hired tuh breathe life into Chelsea's aging players or to maintain status quo. I bet he not player some players based on how dey acting. But he needs to shut up and stop giving the press so much food.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 03, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
Somebody smell Rafa Benitez?  They could very well hit the panic button and bring him in.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 03, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
Wey big mouth Elan with all he coaching badges? Ah want to hear his professional opinion regarding Chelsea's status! Thanks in advance eh!  ::)
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 03, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
Chelsea returning to their true form. Money can't buy everything.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea sack Villas-Boas
« Reply #2399 on: March 04, 2012, 07:53:41 AM »
Chelsea sack Villas-Boas
Sun, 04 Mar 13:46:00 2012
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04032012/58/premier-league-chelsea-sack-villas-boas.html

Chelsea have sacked manager less than 24 hours after the London club suffered a 1-0 away defeat to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday in the Premier League.

The club said in a statement: "Andre Villa-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.
"The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointmentthat the relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."

Eurosport
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>