March 28, 2024, 06:09:07 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624390 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #2850 on: May 20, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
TO the chelsea faithful WE ALL KNOW THE EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER it is with our team but TIMES LIKE THESE WE HAVE TO CAPTURE IT AND SAVE IT....IN OUR LIFETIME WE HAVE SEEN OUR CLUB ACHIEVE HISTORY.

yes the best team doesnt always win ...yes we really lucky but havent we been so since the last league game against valencia? YOU NEED THE RUB OF THE GRAIN IN YOUR FAVOR TO WIN THIS CUP ....and NO ONE CAN DENY THAT WE HAVE SIMPLY NEVER HAD THAT TILL NOW ....so to those who try to minimise the feat of UPSETTING THE BAVARIAN GIANTS a 4 TIME WINNER AT HOME WHO PLAYED US LIKE BARCA DID BUT lacking efficiency in front of goal i say SOD OFF!!!....when T&T manage a draw with sweden in Germany (our only REAL chance being the cornell glen shot off the bar) alyuh didnt call our team all these names....so y be haters when another team get a upset done!! SPORTS IS MADE FOR MOMENTS OF UPSET otherwise if the favorite always win it would be boring!

GOd is good though !

GLad the boys finally got the win now on to conquer the World Club Cup and we would have won every trophy capable for the club to have won in its history....a feat alot of other HISTORIC WINNERS havent achieved

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: May 20, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »
coward football

Better to be a coward dog than a dead soldier.

He who fights and run away, lives to fight another day.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: May 20, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
coward football

I cyah think of anything more cowardly than being one of the top clubs in your country (and possibly even the world) and still feeling that you have to bribe officials to win your domestic league.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: May 20, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
The euphoria still eh wear off yet but I'm back in London...what a night...I dunno where we suddenly found all this luck from but...wow.

I made the trip by myself, my usual riding partner couldnt make it. Touched down in Munich around lunchtime and the atmosphere was immense...it was wall to wall fans. Or to be more precise, everyone was a fan, cuz from the taxi drivers to the bar staff to the street cleaners, everyone was backing Bayern. Chelsea fans came out in force, but it was about 30-35 thousand versus 1 million (that is not an exaggeration).

And Bayern fans really saw this as their destiny. They were very respectful and accommodating hosts but they had no doubt that this was their moment in time. For them the 90 minutes was supposed to be a procession to glory. Anyone who saw the show they put on before the kickoff would understand. I don't think that pressure helped those players at all.

Anyway, as yall know, Bayern dominated the match....tactically it was Barcelona all over again. Ribery and Robben went on raid after raid but we defended valiantly. We offered very little offensively, Drogba and Mata were isolated attackers, with Kalou and Bertrand having to concentrate on their defensive duties. It was not good for the nerves at all. To be frank, I still can't believe we got to half time goalless.

Second half, same story....when they scored that offside goal I thought the game was up...until we realised that it was offisde (cue massive celebrations). When they scored for real I thought the game was up......then Torres came on and gave us the offensive spark we needed...and Sir Didier did what he always does.

I will never forget that moment, it felt like slow motion. I was sitting in the corner where Mata took the corner from, between the 6 yard line and the penalty spot (i.e. - where all the players were congregating for the corner). I remember seeing the ball floating in and looking for Drogba...and seeing him eyeing the ball and moving towards it...but there was a Bayern player in front of him who looked like he would get there first. Then, just as the Bayern fella looked to head the ball clear, all of a sudden Drogba was in front of him. Bullet Header. Pandemonium. Hugging up a setta strangers, drinks flying everywhere as Didier slid towards us with his trademark celebration. I will never forget that  ;D

From that point out, I never thought we would lose. The run of luck we were on was just too ridiculous. We were going to win. When Robben took that penalty in extra time, I knew he wasn't going to score, I was literally smiling as he ran up to take it. Still, penalties was nerve wracking...but you could see that Cech had at least one save in him because he kept diving the right way. And sure enough he came through. Then it was left to Sir Didier to sign off in style. What a legend  :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

The rest of the evening was just euphoric....I dunno if I've ever experienced that. Even when Trinidad drew against Sweden - as happy as we were, we still had England in the back of our minds. This was different. Hard to describe. There was no feeling of relief or release of tension...those feelings didnt matter anymore....it was just pure joy ;D ;D ;D

We spent the next 90 minutes in the stadium palancing and then began to make our way back the city centre.  Finally got back to my hotel around 4, sharing a cab with 4 exhausted yet ecstatic random Chelsea fans. Woke up this morning and was ecstatic again when I realised that last night really happened  ;D

Shoutout to the Bayern fans who were incredibly gracious losers...most of them stayed to watch the trophy presentation and applauded us. No animosity on their part at all just disappointment. They deserve to win this trophy in the next few years and I hope they do.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:19:22 PM by Ryan »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: May 20, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »
My pix:

Bayern Fans before the game

Kickoff time

The Opposition

Drogba celebrating his goal

Trophy celebrations

Cech with the trophy

Mata with the trophy

Torres with the trophy

Thank you Sir Didier  :salute:

The Allianz Arena

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: May 20, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
Like yuh had a time Ryan...Thanks for sharing!  Congrats Chelsea and all the Chelsea die hards on de forum.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: May 20, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »
Ryan like you gave us a Touches report. I can feel the joy and I am happy that you can relive the moment. I had my own celebration at home - We are the Champions. just hoping T&T can make me happy soon, maybe the Caribbean Cup as a start and then on to the Gold Cup. 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: May 20, 2012, 03:07:55 PM »
That stadium nice boy.....the exterior shot in particular.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: May 21, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »
What a weekend..

Had a lime home for the game and did not stop drinking after the game till about 11pm as i had people passing through all hours to lime. Then more lime, drink and fete yesterday, i only really now recover.

I don't think I have ever experienced happiness like that since the Trinidad v Sweden game, in fact only my wedding day will top this. Which brings me to something else.

I sincerely believe that the Big Man upstairs does have a hand in this thing called football. To have a sport that can invoke so much emotion and bring so much joy, the Big Man hadda have a say in that, in fact i sure He watch the game. Heaven must have a football stadium up there.

My grandmother used to always tell me "What is for you is for you!", and when a team has had as much luck as Chelsea throughout the entire tournament you just have to hold your hand up and say that is destiny.

Like Ryan said, when Robben was taking that penalty i did not think for a second that he would score in fact i was on my feet laughing and telling them they wouldn't like it when Cech save the penalty here before he even kick it. The longer that game went on, anyone who watch enough football supposed to know that when a side missing all their chances like that they bound to get poison.

Chelsea was not supposed to beat Bayern Munich, hands down Bayern was the better team.

They wasn't supposed to beat Barcelona either, in both the first and second legs Barcelona was the better team.

They wasn't even supposed to get past Napoli with a 3-1 deficit to overcome.

Their name was just on that trophy and it had to happen so.

Champions of Europe for the first time ever. What a feeling.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
How Drogba serenaded the trophy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-hero-didier-drogba-serenaded-842269

“Why have you avoided us, eluded us, for so long? Why have you punished us so much?” asked Drogba, talking to the most famous pot in club football.

“For all these years you have flirted with us, tempted us, then run away.

“We thought you would come to us at Anfield twice, but you did not listen. Then in Moscow, you made us believe you were ours but turned your back, refused to let us touch you.

“Against Barcelona, again, you tortured us, made us want you even more, made it even harder.

“And even tonight, you hurt us first. Made us suffer. Made us fear it would be the same again, the late goal, the penalty kick, until the end. And now, at last, you belong to us.”

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
Congrats to Chelski and the EPL.... can't stop the Drog...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: May 21, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
 :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Drogba to leave Chelsea
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7770087/Drogba-to-leave-Chelsea

Didier Drogba has revealed he intends to leave UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, according to reports in France.

The 34-year-old, who scored a late equaliser and the decisive penalty in the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich on Saturday, is reported to have told team-mates his decision during Sunday's trophy parade.

Members of the triumphant Blues squad chanted for Drogba to stay in front of his adoring fans but the Ivory Coast international appears to have decided his eight-year spell at Stamford Bridge is up.

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them (my team-mates) straight to their faces.

"Except that I could not do it. They made me break down.

"Even though it's been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

"But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba has been linked with a lucrative move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhuan, where his former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka is now a player-coach.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: May 21, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

DROGBA
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:55:19 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:51 PM »
A couple videos for yall...excuse my poor camerawork for the first one  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5tLNMj5DFc4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5tLNMj5DFc4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mw2nK9hj5cg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Mw2nK9hj5cg</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: May 21, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
it really start here
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNwDqJBJSY8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lNwDqJBJSY8</a>
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:23:19 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: May 21, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »
Lukaku: 'I will never forgive AVB'

May 21, 2012
By ESPN staff

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has launched a stinging criticism of former manager Andre Villas-Boas, insisting he will "never forgive" the Portuguese boss.

Lukaku, 19, believes that he was sidelined by Villas-Boas from the day he arrived at the club, saying the former Porto boss did not treat him with respect.

Although Lukaku was signed during the Villas-Boas era at Stamford Bridge, he was bought as a result of a long-standing scouting project by the club - not at Villas-Boas' request.

Speaking after Chelsea's Champions League triumph, Lukaku told Sport Wereld: "I could not believe it. I had to think 'Is this really happening'? European champion ... My life has changed and I'm only nineteen.

"But there is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach. It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me. Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.

"In training he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing! I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months."

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: May 21, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »

May 21, 2012
By ESPN staff

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has launched a stinging criticism of former manager Andre Villas-Boas, insisting he will "never forgive" the Portuguese boss.

Lukaku, 19, believes that he was sidelined by Villas-Boas from the day he arrived at the club, saying the former Porto boss did not treat him with respect.

Although Lukaku was signed during the Villas-Boas era at Stamford Bridge, he was bought as a result of a long-standing scouting project by the club - not at Villas-Boas' request.

Speaking after Chelsea's Champions League triumph, Lukaku told Sport Wereld: "I could not believe it. I had to think 'Is this really happening'? European champion ... My life has changed and I'm only nineteen.

"But there is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach. It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me. Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.

"In training he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing! I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months."

Clearly, AVB is very poor in the man-management department and hopefully he will recognize that and make the necessary adjustments in his future.  The players, though, need to get over certain things and remember they are professionals and that they play for the club and the fans.  To me, once you playing a sport you love and gettin' paid seeeeerious money to do it, yuh cyah let certain things keep you down.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: May 21, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »
it really start here
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNwDqJBJSY8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lNwDqJBJSY8</a>

Tell dem nah lefty!!....anti-football come back from 2 - 0 down in the Nou Camp to tie and qualify for the final....ent??....Men really need to lay off de haterade..... ::) ::)

But I'm curious about something.  While this particular game was playing live, I coulda swear Torres would have called off side cuz  I couldn't believe he ran so fast and open up all that distance on the Barca player.

On a separate but related note, in this clip this is the first time I am getting to see where Torres was AT THE TIME the ball was played and it seems as though he was ahead of the last Barca player.  At watch it over and over (from about min 4:10 - 4:22) and ah more confused than I was before....how come Torres wasn't offside??  I mean clearly nothing was wrong cuz the Barca players eh protest, the ref, the fans, the linesmen, the 4th official, Barca bench nobody eh complain....

So inquiring minds want to know (the offside rule does still baffle me sometimes).......what is the rule I'm missing??   Please and Thanks....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: May 21, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
I eh no expert and ah could be wrong but ah tink is 'cause he start he run in chelsea half when d ball play
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »
it really start here

Tell dem nah lefty!!....anti-football come back from 2 - 0 down in the Nou Camp to tie and qualify for the final....ent??....Men really need to lay off de haterade..... ::) ::)

But I'm curious about something.  While this particular game was playing live, I coulda swear Torres would have called off side cuz  I couldn't believe he ran so fast and open up all that distance on the Barca player.

On a separate but related note, in this clip this is the first time I am getting to see where Torres was AT THE TIME the ball was played and it seems as though he was ahead of the last Barca player.  At watch it over and over (from about min 4:10 - 4:22) and ah more confused than I was before....how come Torres wasn't offside??  I mean clearly nothing was wrong cuz the Barca players eh protest, the ref, the fans, the linesmen, the 4th official, Barca bench nobody eh complain....

So inquiring minds want to know (the offside rule does still baffle me sometimes).......what is the rule I'm missing??   Please and Thanks....

You cannot be offside in your half of the field.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: May 21, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »
coward football

I cyah think of anything more cowardly than being one of the top clubs in your country (and possibly even the world) and still feeling that you have to bribe officials to win your domestic league.

What team is that you talking about ? :waiting:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: May 21, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »
coward football

What team is that you talking about ? :waiting:

Relax, is juventus ah talkin' 'bout.  Allyuh side isn't one of the top clubs in the world and allyuh doh bribe match officials, "sir" alex does jes bully dem.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »

May 21, 2012
By ESPN staff

Clearly, AVB is very poor in the man-management department and hopefully he will recognize that and make the necessary adjustments in his future.  The players, though, need to get over certain things and remember they are professionals and that they play for the club and the fans.  To me, once you playing a sport you love and gettin' paid seeeeerious money to do it, yuh cyah let certain things keep you down.

Lukaku need to take his time. He young in his football ting. he eh no legend like Drogba so he need to humble himself. with that being said, i loved avb but he needed to move different with the players. but then again, avb wasnt brough there to babysit and make fren. he was put there to change the style of our football. babysittin wud have been di matteo's job
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
What do Chelsea fans feel about Anelka missing out on this trophy?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: May 22, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »

*shrug*

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: May 22, 2012, 05:06:51 AM »
I eh no expert and ah could be wrong but ah tink is 'cause he start he run in chelsea half when d ball play

You cannot be offside in your half of the field.

Thank you gentlemen.....ah feel like a real chupidy now.....  :banginghead:  ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: May 22, 2012, 08:24:51 AM »

Daz ah rell hard luck scenes oui!  I actually wish Niko was part of it tbh.  He gave us many good moments and despite how much I hated his lazy look at times on the field he contributed a lot and filled various gaps without grumbling about it.  Also because of how AVB handle him make it even worse

I hope at some point AVB recognizes that his personnel management is very poor.  While Lukaku is a young player and has to grow, I find it disheartening that AVB pretty much left him completely out the mix simply because he didn't choose him.  Denying Niko de opportunity to attend the Christmas dinner and banning him and Alex from the facility shows just how little homework he did considering how popular they both were in the dressing room.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:28 AM »
RYAN...Palos said you will never remember the game
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: May 22, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »
'Andriy Shevchenko lined up for return to Chelsea'   

22 May 2012

Andriy Shevchenko has been tipped to make a return to Chelsea ... this time as a coach.

The striker - widely regarded as a £30million flop after joining Chelsea in 2006 from AC Milan - is currently playing at Dynamo Kiev and is taking his coaching badges.

Roman Abramovich wants to make sweeping changes at Chelsea next season despite the club lifting the European Cup on Saturday.

Shevchenko - who scored  nine goals in 48 games at Chelsea - has been a regular visitor to the Blues' training ground this season, according to the Daily Mail. He is still close friends with Abramovich.

He is expected to make a decision on his future after Euro 2012, where he will captain Ukraine.

If he decides to retire from playing at the end of the tournament, a return to Stamford Bridge could be on the cards.

This is not a good idea, I also read that DiMatteo had already decided he was planning to leave Chelsea win or lose.  Don't know how true that is.  To me if we are going to go the temporary route while supposedly waiting for Pep then RDM at minimum deserves a 1 year deal.  I think he earned an opportunity to at minimum be looked at over the course of the next season as manager without the interum tag.

Big Mag yuh really takin on suwah man Palos an he shit lol

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: May 22, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »
coward football

do a little reading and while  at it apply objective thinking if posible. in the google age there is no reason to live in ignorance.

1]; } ?>