March 28, 2024, 12:23:17 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624455 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #3420 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
Sounds about right!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: August 08, 2013, 07:00:46 AM »
Real Madrid schooled Chelsea last nite. I wore my Chelsea jersey with pride but this one man on top that Jose tried yesterday without Mata - hazard - and Oscar pulling the strings just would not cut it.
 Secondly Lampard cant keep up with the pace of modern day football. If Real Madrid get Gareth Bale , they will be a force to reckon with this year both in La Liga and Champions league. As a self confessed
Messi fan after seeing Ronaldo live yesterday , I must agree with the pundits he has all the attributes to be the greatest

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: August 08, 2013, 07:46:04 AM »
d build up to ramirez goal look good doh .....jose need to step back and let dem fellas express dey self, for ah fella dat outward flamboyant wit he personality ..........he does be too conservative or even cowardly in his approach ....steups Ancellotti should still be coach all now :cursing:
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: August 08, 2013, 08:59:47 AM »
Real Madrid schooled Chelsea last nite. I wore my Chelsea jersey with pride but this one man on top that Jose tried yesterday without Mata - hazard - and Oscar pulling the strings just would not cut it.
 Secondly Lampard cant keep up with the pace of modern day football. If Real Madrid get Gareth Bale , they will be a force to reckon with this year both in La Liga and Champions league. As a self confessed
Messi fan after seeing Ronaldo live yesterday , I must agree with the pundits he has all the attributes to be the greatest

Ronaldo has more tools than Messi.  People simply don't like him or more specifically his attitude and antics so it blurs their vision.  If however people were to objectively look at Ronaldo and his complete package of physical attributes, skills, awareness and overall football intelligence they would never insult him by acting as if Messi is the best on the planet.  Messi is a tremendous talent and blessed with many great attributes but he cannot be plugged into as many football situations as Christiano can and be just as effective.  This is not to say I believe CR is miles better or anything like that but I do believe he has an edge that bias causes people to ignore.  And trust me when I say I am not at all a CR fan, but I do appreciate how immensely great he is as a footballer.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: August 08, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »

Ronaldo has more tools than Messi.  People simply don't like him or more specifically his attitude and antics so it blurs their vision.  If however people were to objectively look at Ronaldo and his complete package of physical attributes, skills, awareness and overall football intelligence they would never insult him by acting as if Messi is the best on the planet.  Messi is a tremendous talent and blessed with many great attributes but he cannot be plugged into as many football situations as Christiano can and be just as effective.  This is not to say I believe CR is miles better or anything like that but I do believe he has an edge that bias causes people to ignore.  And trust me when I say I am not at all a CR fan, but I do appreciate how immensely great he is as a footballer.

What are the tools that ronaldo have that messi don't have? Tangible AND intangible?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: August 08, 2013, 10:30:43 AM »
If you had a chance to pick either messi or ronaldo who whould you pick for your side.

I would pick Messi.

Ronaldo only beat him on the physical power side.

Messi game does not depend on power

even if Messi comes up against faster more powerful men he finds a way to be successful.

I have seen Ronaldo get locked down plenty of times

same cannot be said of Messi.

he always finds a way to at least have an impact.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: August 08, 2013, 10:38:55 AM »
If you had a chance to pick either messi or ronaldo who whould you pick for your side.

I would pick Messi.

even if Messi comes up against faster more powerful men he finds a way to be successful.

same cannot be said of Messi

Messi has been been locked down many times while playing for Argentina. I think a true test would be if Messi went to a different team in another league. I don't think that he will struggle, but he may not be as dominant as he is with Barcelona.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: August 08, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
I find that ronaldo benefits from and is very good at exploiting, the space his teammates create for him.   Messi does more to create space for his teammates than the other way around.  ronaldo tries very hard to always be the end result and cleverly uses his pace, quickness....and his teammates to be that end result...he will always play that ball off and make a run into a space.  Messi will either do that or take the ball and take on all defenders, especially right up the middle.  ronaldo will NEVER try that. He will razzle-dazzle with a stepover or two and either cut in and shoot...or pass to his teammates to help breakdown the defense so he can be in the right place to score....nutting wring wit dat  ronaldo is not necessarily more powerful than Messi, either.  He is a little taller and his game revolves more around his use of it than anything else, but it doh men Messi isn't as powerful.  Kinda hard to give ronaldo the edge on "power" too when he has spent so much of his career falling on the ground.   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: August 08, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »

I would pick Messi.

same cannot be said of Messi

Messi has been been locked down many times while playing for Argentina. I think a true test would be if Messi went to a different team in another league. I don't think that he will struggle, but he may not be as dominant as he is with Barcelona.

not too many teams in south America locking him OR Argentina down these days th ;)o.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: August 08, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
VIVA RONALDO

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: August 08, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »

What are the tools that ronaldo have that messi don't have? Tangible AND intangible?

Power, strength, heading ability, finishing and I could keep going...
I think this will always continue to be a great debate, but unfortunately there are certain mitigating factors involved.
1.Messi has only been successful and dominant at one club team.
2.Ronaldo has been successful at Sporting Lisbon, Man-U and Real Madrid.
3.They also play different postions.
This debate is similar to the one some years ago when people were comparing Zidane and 'the real' Ronaldo. Who would you say was the better player?

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: August 08, 2013, 11:14:10 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: This should not even be up for discussion Ronaldo can't hold Messi's Jock Strap. Messi's vision, movement off the ball, ability to take on players in tight spaces, his unselfish attitude to make players around him better and the fact that he has won Player of the Year so many times makes him the best Player in the last 5 years of football. All he has to do to become one of the Greatest Players Ever is to get Argentina to win a couple World Cup.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: August 08, 2013, 11:19:05 AM »

I think this will always continue to be a great debate, but unfortunately there are certain mitigating factors involved.
This debate is similar to the one some years ago when people were comparing Zidane and 'the real' Ronaldo. Who would you say was the better player?

You sounding like them ronaldo fans that repeating the same thing about being "successful" at different clubs.  Pele only played for ONE club before retiring with the cosmos eh....Where has ronaldo proven that he is "better" at heading the ball than Messi? Just because he scores more goals with his head does not make him "better" at it and if RM played the same "tiki-taka" style of football that Barca does, ronaldo wasn't scoring that many headers, either. You forget that goal that messi score against manu and left rio and vds in knots?  You think he score that because he cyah head a ball....good? If you know the kinds of (heading) drills an Argentinian have to perform to pass muster for their national team yuh would be embarrassed for saying that.
to say that ronaldo is a better finisher suggest yuh smoking something, jed.  for real...ask Almunia if Messi cyah finish like ronaldo...ask AC Milan....ask manu and vds again, remember de bullet he put on dem in Wembley? Nah, jed, try again.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: August 08, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »

You sounding like them ronaldo fans that repeating the same thing about being "successful" at different clubs.  Pele only played for ONE club before retiring with the cosmos eh....Where has ronaldo proven that he is "better" at heading the ball than Messi? Just because he scores more goals with his head does not make him "better" at it and if RM played the same "tiki-taka" style of football that Barca does, ronaldo wasn't scoring that many headers, either. You forget that goal that messi score against manu and left rio and vds in knots?  You think he score that because he cyah head a ball....good? If you know the kinds of (heading) drills an Argentinian have to perform to pass muster for their national team yuh would be embarrassed for saying that.
to say that ronaldo is a better finisher suggest yuh smoking something, jed.  for real...ask Almunia if Messi cyah finish like ronaldo...ask AC Milan....ask manu and vds again, remember de bullet he put on dem in Wembley? Nah, jed, try again.

Ronaldo fan? nah not by a long shot, but ah just like to see good players ply dey trade. Neymar,Messi,Ronald etc.
He is a talented player, but sometimes the antics and flopping does get old. That being said I am just calling it like I see it and stating the facts.
Argentina could be head butting co-co nuts in dey team drills but it eh go make Messi a better header of the ball than Ronaldo.
I eh saying Messi cyah head the ball, but you seriously think he is a better header of the ball than Ronaldo?
As far as finishing, Ronaldo's goal scoring record in the EPL AND La Liga speaks volumes.
Yuh call all dem big teams, but didn't Ronaldo score against them also?
If yuh say Messi's vision is better than Ronaldo, I will totally agree, but we go have to agree to disagree on the other attributes.

Who was the better player Zidane or Ronald (brasil)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: August 08, 2013, 12:51:13 PM »

Ronaldo fan? nah not by a long shot, but ah just like to see good players ply dey trade. Neymar,Messi,Ronald etc.
He is a talented player, but sometimes the antics and flopping does get old. That being said I am just calling it like I see it and stating the facts.
Argentina could be head butting co-co nuts in dey team drills but it eh go make Messi a better header of the ball than Ronaldo.
I eh saying Messi cyah head the ball, but you seriously think he is a better header of the ball than Ronaldo?
As far as finishing, Ronaldo's goal scoring record in the EPL AND La Liga speaks volumes.
If yuh say Messi's vision is better than Ronaldo, I will totally agree, but we go have to agree to disagree on the other attributes.

Zidane and ronaldo were two completely different players playing completely different roles....but I would still take ronaldo probably because I am a Brazil fan.

I still want to know what makes ronaldo a better header of the ball than Messi? I asked you if RM played the same style of football as Barca where they as a team don't play the ball in the air as much as RM do, if ronaldo would score as many headers and yuh still eh answer meh yet.  Just because he scores more with his head doesn't make him better.  I brought up their national team drills because it speaks directly of their ability....anything ronaldo can do, Messi can do, too, and in most cases (if not all) he does them better.  Yes, ronaldo scored against them teams, too, but you cannot compare the quality of the goals that Messi scores.  You ever see ronaldo run up the middle with the ball and take on a whole central defence?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: August 08, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »
You is an admitted Ronanldo hater fella so I eh see why yuh feel yuh could objectively discuss this.  Him having an edge is my personal opinion but from a physical standpoint to pretend as if Ronaldo isn't bigger, stronger and can leap higher shows that you can't have this dicussion in reasonable fashion.  Despite all the drills they do in Argentina, Ronaldo's record shows that he is equally proficient in the air as he is on the ground.  In situations where Messi doesn't benefit from a defenders poor timing or positioning he has no chance at headers.  Ronaldo by his shear ability timing and understanding on ball trajectory can and has on many occasions outwit and beat defenders to the ball and get it in the net.  So what Messi likes to go down the middle does that make him better?  Ronaldo has almost always been placed on the wings to work because his managers see where he holds a decisive advantage there.  Nothing wrong with that and that byitself doesn't reflect any lack of ability nor impulse to go down the middle.  Someone said they never seen Messi get lock down yet, my response to that is watch more football or get your eyes checked.  Because despite his more recent (over the last 2 years) performances for Argentina, he has many times been completely nullified in his national shirt.  The fact that ronaldo is successful no matter where and what league he has plied his trade cannot be understated either.  English football and Spanish football aren't even remotely similar in how the overall league plays.  Yet for as much as their is claim that people haven't seen his strength he managed to show himself as above all competition in the overly physical premiership.  In Spain where skill and speed is the order of the day for many he hasn't faltered either.  And despite his national team seemingly underachieving, that doesn't rest squarely on his shoulders as he often is their best performer in any competition.  Messi on the other hand hasn't been as prolific nor creative for Argentina.  In the end this will always be an opinion discussion that can go on and on but if you dislike any of the players then you can't really appreciate their greatness in comparison to the other.  With that I done with this convo.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: August 08, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »

Zidane and ronaldo were two completely different players playing completely different roles....but I would still take ronaldo probably because I am a Brazil fan.

I still want to know what makes ronaldo a better header of the ball than Messi? I asked you if RM played the same style of football as Barca where they as a team don't play the ball in the air as much as RM do, if ronaldo would score as many headers and yuh still eh answer meh yet.  Just because he scores more with his head doesn't make him better.  I brought up their national team drills because it speaks directly of their ability....anything ronaldo can do, Messi can do, too, and in most cases (if not all) he does them better.  Yes, ronaldo scored against them teams, too, but you cannot compare the quality of the goals that Messi scores.  You ever see ronaldo run up the middle with the ball and take on a whole central defence?

I completely agree that Ronaldo was better than Zidane. But as you mentioned, they are both completely different players who fulfilled different roles. The same can be said for Ronaldo and Messi. I think your view may be based on personal preference or an utter dislike of Ronaldo and that is cool.
On as side note, how can you be a true Brazil fan and support a player from Argentina?  ;D A true Brazil fan would support a player from the Salmon Islands before they ever vouch for an Argie.. ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: August 08, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »
 :D  I eh shame nuh, nex' year ah go be winin' dong de place wit all dem Brazilian woman....but if yuh feel is Messi alone, ah used to like Maradona and Batistuta, too...and Sergio Goycochea........but believe it or not, I actually used to hate Messi.  HATE, ah say.....and I used to like . CR7....dize real talk. But ah watch dem play enough and ah watch dem good, that their play make meh come to meh senses.  You should do the same.  :D

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: August 08, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »
I like the both ah dem!!

And while Ronaldo is part of the discussion...I wonder how many people (and by that I mean his haters and detractors) expected his reaction to the fan who invaded the field last night.

Ah mean what is this Jerk doing embracing this fan (and for so long too?), it was-for me-a very moving moment in the life of one our current great footballers...oh and added to the fact that he scored two against his old coach's team, I'll say the Ronaldo fans in Miami last night got their money's worth, and then some :) 
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: August 23, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »
Spurs get huff for not eating!

Kinda underhanded move my Chelsea if my I may say so, but then again at the end of the day football is a business....

Chelsea agree £30 million Willian deal

Willian has opted to join Chelsea rather than Tottenham, a source has told ESPN, with the Blues agreeing a £30 million deal with Anzhi Makhachkala to sign the forward subject to a work permit hearing.

Chelsea made their move for the 25-year-old late on Thursday, just when it emerged that he was undergoing a medical with Spurs.

Mourinho hinted during his press-conference on Friday that he already knew of the Brazilian's decision, while adding that he was an “extra target” alongside Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney, who he will continue to pursue. The Portuguese also insisted that Juan Mata is not for sale.

But despite attempting to remain coy, Mourinho seemed to revel in discussing the Willian situation as he joked about the dangers of doing a medical before any contract is finalised.

When specifically asked about the possibility of Willian joining Chelsea ahead of Spurs, Mourinho paused and then said: “That’s a good question because I think he already made his decision.”

The Portuguese attempted to evade questions about whether that decision was to move to Chelsea, but then conceded that he “couldn’t hide” what he knew.

“I don’t like to speak before time, because football can be crazy and this is the problem when we speak a lot about names and transfers,” he said. “Sometimes it looks like [a situation is one way], but it isn’t. But I know what the player wants, so we cannot hide.

“That’s the danger of medicals before contracts but, at the same time, sometimes you can have a problem before signing a player so you have to do the medical before. The best thing you can do is do the medical in secret. The player is fine, you can sign him. The player is not fine, you don’t destroy his career by saying the player has problems. So you do it in secret and after that sign the contract with the club and the player.

“Sometimes you don’t make it. Sometimes you guys have great sources, find everything, but that’s the risk.”

When quizzed on whether he expected the deal to be completed, Mourinho again joked: “We have to do a medical!”

The Blues boss also said that he hopes to bring in Willian alongside a striker like Rooney.

“If you remember the press conference [ahead of the Aston Villa match]. I couldn’t say much. I have to answer your question and try to be honest, but at the same time try to hide a few things,” he said. “Yeah, it’s true. But if you remember I told you that I’m happy with my squad but every one of us managers, we say we are happy but we are always unhappy. We always want something more, always want something of more quality, and we never close the door to the possibility of adding more quality.

“Before Villa, I told you we have plan B and we have plan C, so I was letting the door open to other possibilities.”

Mourinho also indicated he is relaxed about the Rooney situation, with Chelsea understood to be readying a final bid after their visit to Manchester United on Monday.

“At this moment, I don’t care. I have a big match to play on Monday. I don’t care with new players, with the market, I don’t care,” he said.

“Not disappointed [if we don’t get a forward] but we are going to try, we are going to try to the last day, as I was saying before, to add more quality to the team, to add more options, we are going to try.”

Finally, despite the pursuit of Willian increasing the speculation about Mata being mooted as a potential swap for Rooney, Mourinho stated the Spain international is not for sale.

“No speculation, no speculation. He's a player we all like, he's a player we all want to keep,” he said. “We want more quality in the team, we don’t want less quality. We want to add quality to the quality we have. So Juan is not a player we want to lose.

“The point is not to sell, the point is I want a 22-player squad. So if somebody comes... Do we need to sell? No, we don’t. Do we need to loan, probably yes because I don’t like to work with big squads. I like to work with a small group of players and I think 22 is a perfect number to answer to our needs in four different competitions, and at same time to leave the door open for some kids to come out and train with us, to be selected in a few matches.”

By Miguel Delaney
espn.com

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: August 23, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »
Dat is payback fuh de shit Levy pull about 3 years ago when he hold Luka Modric hostage. Let dem take dat in dey pwefem!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: August 24, 2013, 05:26:04 AM »
Dat is payback fuh de shit Levy pull about 3 years ago when he hold Luka Modric hostage. Let dem take dat in dey pwefem!

How they hold Modric "hostage"?  Is Liverpool holding Suarez hostage now?  Why would any club allow a top-class player go to one of their chief rivals for a championship... let alone a cross-town rival?  Say what yuh want about Chelsea swooping for Willian- and Spurs just getting a taste ah dey own medicine for swooping and hijacking the deal from Liverpool- but I can't blame them for the Modric situation as it went down.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: August 24, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »
Chelsea and Man.City like buying players just because they can. Depth in the squad my ass!! They do this so other teams won't be any major competition for them. They will buy a top player that another team is interested in, with no intention of starting them. Tottenham better start looking for another back up for Bale. I'm hoping they make CL this season and beat up on Chelski!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: August 26, 2013, 04:14:45 AM »
Study de cuttarse allyuh gettin later @ home!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: August 26, 2013, 08:42:05 AM »
From the first time i saw Willian at Shaktar Donetsk I said he is the closest thing to a Russel Latapy in modern football.  Said since then that I would have been happy to see him at Chelsea to replace Lampard, so very happy to see that come to fruition.

Just hope he passes the medical  :D.

On another note, Chelsea's midfield is overstocked right now, I would expect to see at least Essien and Van Ginkel go out on loan but hope they don't send Moses.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: August 26, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
From the first time i saw Willian at Shaktar Donetsk I said he is the closest thing to a Russel Latapy in modern football.  Said since then that I would have been happy to see him at Chelsea to replace Lampard, so very happy to see that come to fruition.

Just hope he passes the medical  :D.

On another note, Chelsea's midfield is overstocked right now, I would expect to see at least Essien and Van Ginkel go out on loan but hope they don't send Moses.

I think Jose going to compete hard for every trophy if he doesn't.  Considering we still looking to add a striker too.  I agree with your assesment of Willian, da boy is de real scenes.  Yo buh Jose eh bet he nasty to do Spurms dat in troot doh  :D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: August 26, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »
They done tiefin.
How De Bruyne get a yellow and Valencia? get away with a rediculous tackle with just a talking-to?

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: August 26, 2013, 02:54:03 PM »
 :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: August 26, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »
I find jose playin it too conservative  :( glad for d point but he coulda take ah risk and bring in Mata and lukaku or ba ................Ancellotti wah yuh :(
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:57:11 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: August 26, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
Study de cuttarse allyuh gettin later @ home!
well that did not happen, how about you all try again @ home. Lucky the ref eyes in he kaka hole, otherwise we would of had a penalty which Rooney would have scored lol

1]; } ?>