March 28, 2024, 09:14:22 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624416 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #3540 on: December 07, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »
Stoke? Really?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: December 14, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »
this lookin like ah nex' back n forth for chelsea..............no clean sheet again ..........but dey lookin goodish so far
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: December 14, 2013, 09:50:39 AM »
The Man City-Arsenal game making it hard to watch this Chelsea game, boy.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: December 14, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »

What Man City-Arsenal game? I saw Man City had a training session this morning. They looked good in that session.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: December 14, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »

yeah..... I doh know, d russian shoulda probably hold on to Rafa.....Jose not inspiring mih......it goh be pressure at arsenal if dey can't get dey shit together.
I pity the fool....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: December 14, 2013, 03:21:42 PM »

yeah..... I doh know, d russian shoulda probably hold on to Rafa.....Jose not inspiring mih......it goh be pressure at arsenal if dey can't get dey shit together.

Rafa, Jose, whoever. We not winning a title until we have a striker. Time to draw a line under this Torres project.

I think City will win the title this season by at least 8 points.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: December 14, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »
Rafa, Jose, whoever. We not winning a title until we have a striker. Time to draw a line under this Torres project.

A telling stat, if I heard correctly... is that they trailed Arsenal by 9 pts at this point two seasons ago when they eventually won it all.  Lot more defensive questions this season though.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: December 14, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »

We have strikers, we lacking consistent quality service, especially on the wing. We have no true game changer.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: December 14, 2013, 05:20:33 PM »
We have strikers...

Yeah... they just playing for other teams  ;D

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: December 16, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »
Chelsea vs. Drogba     :'( :'(

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:58 PM »
Just finish watching this game.
This is why I wasn't happy with the return of the special one. That performance was worthy of Di Matteo. Negative football by one of the most expensive sides in the world. Practical? Yes, but we could have kept Rafa for that.

If i want to see Stoke or Sunderland play, I'll watch them.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: December 24, 2013, 05:52:15 AM »
This is why I wasn't happy with the return of the special one. That performance was worthy of Di Matteo. Negative football by one of the most expensive sides in the world. Practical? Yes, but we could have kept Rafa for that.

true boy......ting is when d team get ah chance to express dey self dey does look good, den two goals goh score and jus so shop close Ancelotti have the offensive and defensive records and in d same year an' do dat was with ah mourinho side. d caution getting overbearing now.
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3552 on: December 24, 2013, 07:32:42 AM »

I really cannot stand the way Jose coaches. I can't believe Chelsea brought this guy back. Rafa was wayy better...

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: December 24, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »

true boy......ting is when d team get ah chance to express dey self dey does look good, den two goals goh score and jus so shop close Ancelotti have the offensive and defensive records and in d same year an' do dat was with ah mourinho side. d caution getting overbearing now.

:bs: utter  :bs:

Arsenal had 61% of the possession, but only 2 shots on target. What were they doing with all that possession. Chelsea did not park the bus. Again buying in to these useless English commentator.  Chelsea was by no means were gong ho, but neither was Arsenal. Arsenal showed no creativity, nothing enterprising, or tried anything different. They as much as Chelsea played to not lose look at the highlight they belonged to Chelsea. It was a practical game for both teams as should have been expected. Chelsea is still what 2 points from the top and Arsenal 1. 

Give me a freaking break already. If you criticize them for not enough flair fine, but Arsenal had no flair and that is what they are supposedly known for.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: December 24, 2013, 10:56:32 AM »
Cyar argue wit yuh dey elan.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: December 24, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »

Arsenal had 61% of the possession, but only 2 shots on target. What were they doing with all that possession. Chelsea did not park the bus. Again buying in to these useless English commentator.  Chelsea was by no means were gong ho, but neither was Arsenal. Arsenal showed no creativity, nothing enterprising, or tried anything different. They as much as Chelsea played to not lose look at the highlight they belonged to Chelsea. It was a practical game for both teams as should have been expected. Chelsea is still what 2 points from the top and Arsenal 1. 

Give me a freaking break already. If you criticize them for not enough flair fine, but Arsenal had no flair and that is what they are supposedly known for.

a couple we lost this season were lost "tryin not to loose" it had games dat we win......where we coulda more than pad up the goal difference and jus close up.......say whey yuh  want we should have tested Man U more than we did. frikkin mid-table side scentin blood an' pushin manu, but we bein cautious steups...............rafa was many things but never boring..............jose need to loosen up
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:16:57 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: December 24, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »

Arsenal had 'no flair' because Mourinho picked a side designed to deny them room to express themselves with such flair.  Add to which Giroud muffed the one true chance he had, and Cech denied him the other.  Credit to Chelsea's defense, but criticizing Arsenal for lacking offensive potency does not in any way address the fact that Mourinho came to play anti-football... just as he threatened to do.  You are the only man I have seen anywhere arguing that Chelsea didn't park the bus when that is precisely what they did.  You trying to tell me that a side with Mikel, Willian, Ramirez and Lampard in midfield, Torres up top by himself and Cahill and Terry at center backs, that that team came to play for a win?  gtfoh

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: December 24, 2013, 05:46:35 PM »

Arsenal had 'no flair' because Mourinho picked a side designed to deny them room to express themselves with such flair.  Add to which Giroud muffed the one true chance he had, and Cech denied him the other.  Credit to Chelsea's defense, but criticizing Arsenal for lacking offensive potency does not in any way address the fact that Mourinho came to play anti-football... just as he threatened to do.  You are the only man I have seen anywhere arguing that Chelsea didn't park the bus when that is precisely what they did.  You trying to tell me that a side with Mikel, Willian, Ramirez and Lampard in midfield, Torres up top by himself and Cahill and Terry at center backs, that that team came to play for a win?  gtfoh

:bs: Bakes, so Chelsea is supposed to make Arsenal job easier? I came you are now learning the game the idea is to make it as difficult for the opposing team to score. Did arsenal field a team that made it easy for Chelsea to run at them. No

What a soft excuse, Chelsea did not GIVE them the room to play  :rotfl:  If Arsenal is that good, then break Chelsea down.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: December 24, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »
:bs: Bakes, so Chelsea is supposed to make Arsenal job easier? I came you are now learning the game the idea is to make it as difficult for the opposing team to score. Did arsenal field a team that made it easy for Chelsea to run at them. No

What a soft excuse, Chelsea did not GIVE them the room to play  :rotfl:  If Arsenal is that good, then break Chelsea down.

You are completely missing the point... either deliberately so, or despite your best efforts.  No, Chelsea is not supposed to make it easy for them to play.  Let's use simple language so that even you could follow along.  Your focus is on criticising Arsenal's lack of offensive punch.  That is a separate issue from whether Chelsea played "negative" defensive-minded football.  Simple enough so far?  The discussion started with Bitter's post about Chelsea playing negative ("Stoke or Sunderland") football.  Following so far?  See, no mention of how Arsenal played.  In fact, if Arsenal was so poor as you claim, then there would be no need for Chelsea to play in a limited defensive shell, would there?  Good.

So continuing...

Yes, the idea it to make it difficult for the other team to score.  Really good teams figure out how to do this without sacrificing positive, attacking football.  At his best Mourinho was able to achieve this with past Chelsea teams.  I believe he came and tried to do the same again, but realized the limitations of his team following losses to Stoke and Sunderland.  You are here arguing for the sake of arguing, especially when Mourinho himself predicted how he might set the strategy going forward:

"We may have to take a step back in order to be more consistent at the back," the Portuguese manager said after Chelsea's surprise Capital One Cup exit at Sunderland on Tuesday evening. "It's something I don't want to do, to play more counterattacking, but I'm giving it serious thought. If I want to win 1-0, I think I can, as I think it's one of the easiest things in football. It's not so difficult, as you don't give players the chance to express themselves."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/18/jose-mourinho-chelsea-tactics-results-football

So yes, argue that Arsenal were inept if you want, but don't be so disingenuous as to argue that Chelsea did anything but play cautious, boring, counter-attacking football. 

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: December 29, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »
Still in the Hunt.  :beermug:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 19, 2014, 10:10:39 AM »
We will crush them!
1-0  ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 19, 2014, 10:16:54 AM »
Boom!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 19, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »
Very disrespectful from Samuel Eto'o. Phil Jones must be feeling rather foolish.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 19, 2014, 10:45:31 AM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 19, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »
hattrick eto
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 19, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:13:55 AM by Bitter »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 19, 2014, 11:38:19 AM »
dias what does happen when yuh close shop early
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 19, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »
I think Cahill luckier that Raphael, b/c that tackle didn't connect.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 19, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »
 :devil:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:44 PM »
good win...but ah hate how jose closin shop wit all kinda 25min left in games .......d way tings going GD could be a factor and mancity have dat on lock down right now.......need big wins
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>