March 28, 2024, 10:10:10 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624430 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #3930 on: August 12, 2015, 08:17:01 AM »
If I was she I would be looking to jump ship.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: August 12, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »
She been skating on Thin ice since that Arsenal game when Oscar sustained a concussion and was allowed to return, only to be taken off at the half and sent to the hospital in an ambulance.  When you look at that and this, one might be tempted to say that with Oscar she was probably attempting to game manage, but I liken the two to a player who passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass.  In either situation the result is a botched play.  Jose have plenty haters and detractors and they are having a field day with this.  However the only reason this generates so much attention is because 1. Jose mentioned it, 2. Eva is a woman, and 3. she is attractive.  I doubt most people can name 2 other physios especially of teams they don't support, yet everyone knows Eva and by name.  Naturally many will claim she was only doing her job, yet I personally do not think what Jose said about understanding the game is unreasonable. What if Hazard was seriously injured which is the next fantasy statement many have made, the counter is he would have made the universal football signal that players make after sustaining a serious injury.  He eh no rookie that drop from space.   

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: August 12, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
She been skating on Thin ice since that Arsenal game when Oscar sustained a concussion and was allowed to return, only to be taken off at the half and sent to the hospital in an ambulance.  When you look at that and this, one might be tempted to say that with Oscar she was probably attempting to game manage, but I liken the two to a player who passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass.  In either situation the result is a botched play.  Jose have plenty haters and detractors and they are having a field day with this.  However the only reason this generates so much attention is because 1. Jose mentioned it, 2. Eva is a woman, and 3. she is attractive.  I doubt most people can name 2 other physios especially of teams they don't support, yet everyone knows Eva and by name.  Naturally many will claim she was only doing her job, yet I personally do not think what Jose said about understanding the game is unreasonable. What if Hazard was seriously injured which is the next fantasy statement many have made, the counter is he would have made the universal football signal that players make after sustaining a serious injury.  He eh no rookie that drop from space.   

Jose is being an idiot and noone will support him on this.  It would be terrible PR for the club if he is allowed to demote her. She is not there to help the team win the game she is there to look after the welfare of the players. She suceeded at her job, Jose failed at his. He should have reserved his anger for Courtois, cuz Eva certainly didnt cause us to drop points.

And when Oscar got injured, Jose claimed that he deferred to his medical team on all medical decisions. He needs to continue doing that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: August 12, 2015, 02:56:37 PM »
It is exceedingly difficult to give Jose the benefit of the doubt on this one. His logic make no sense on this one. But then he is the special one. taking it out on a girl.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: August 13, 2015, 08:58:23 AM »

Jose is being an idiot and noone will support him on this.  It would be terrible PR for the club if he is allowed to demote her. She is not there to help the team win the game she is there to look after the welfare of the players. She suceeded at her job, Jose failed at his. He should have reserved his anger for Courtois, cuz Eva certainly didnt cause us to drop points.

And when Oscar got injured, Jose claimed that he deferred to his medical team on all medical decisions. He needs to continue doing that.

The bold is why I believe this whole thing is a build up.  Jose handle this poorly because he should have never opened his mouth and say what he said in the post match presser.  But even if he didn't say anything, everyone saw how incensed he was and how he carry on.  So anytime Eva turned up missing it would have been noted and attributed to his reaction anyway.  This is a mess but I am not so sure that is Jose pull the strings on the move tho.  They say da woman behind Abaramovic is ah beast no matter how pretty she looks and she does call the shots.  It have more to this than what seems obvious tho.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea medics supported by new Stamford Bridge footage
« Reply #3935 on: August 13, 2015, 10:29:22 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: August 13, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »
Mourinho talking too much, man lose to Arsenal and talkin about how Chelsea better, man keeper commit a stupid foul and he vex with the team doctor. 
Plus Swansea were really outplaying Chelsea in the 2nd half.
He have some serious tactical analysis to do.
Hush yuh mout and coach yuh team.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:56:20 AM by Peong »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: August 22, 2015, 01:36:44 AM »
Chelsea must do everything to keep John Terry - don't lose his experience like Liverpool did Steven Gerrard
By Gary Neville (The Telegraph).

There are steps you can walk down, or there is a cliff you can fall straight off. I suggest Chelsea and John Terry use the steps, because he should be a vital presence over the next three seasons, irrespective of the embarrassment he will have felt at being taken off at half-time at Manchester City last weekend.

The cliff is painful, and comes at a cost: not least, potentially uprooting your family, with a fresh start late in life, at an unfamiliar club, or even early retirement. None of this need apply here. Jose Mourinho’s challenge will be to ‘transition’ Terry out of the team over the next few seasons and the player himself will have to accept a reduced role: willingly, rather than as an insult.

Terry and their transfer target, John Stones, could play 25 or 35 games each for Chelsea in the transition phase. All parties would benefit. If Chelsea were to have Terry, Gary Cahill, Stones and Kurt Zouma – what a quartet of centre-backs that would be. You need four at title-winning and Champions League level, though of course Mourinho loves a settled back-four.

First, a thought on the substitution itself in Man City’s 3-0 win last Sunday. I had not seen a striker run away from Terry the way Sergio Aguero did in the first 15 seconds or be beaten by a ball over his head, as he was in the 35th minute, since Andre Villas-Boas made the Chelsea defence play five yards off the halfway line (a dangerously high line).

So there were worrying signs for Mourinho to deal with. But consider the other factors. First, it’s early in the season, and you can be caught out fitness-wise, or make those errors early in the campaign. Terry, still, is a magnificent defender, for whom I have enormous respect. I played for England with him for a lot of years and love him as a player.

Across football there is mishandling of 32 to 34-year-olds. Didier Drogba was moved out of Chelsea, then brought back in. Steven Gerrard should still be at Liverpool. There is no way he should be kicking a football for LA Galaxy. At Liverpool on Monday night, Jordan Henderson went off injured with his team 1-0 up. Why could Gerrard not come in those circumstances to do a job, to provide control and experience? Staleness is a crime in football, but in a 23-man squad you need two or three stalwarts who manage the changing room, are good pros, set the standards around the club.

Terry doesn’t need advice from me, but in these situations I would always say: relax, enjoy what’s to come, realise that 25 games for Chelsea is better than 45 for the Orlando Owls or the Tasmanian Tigers. Equally Mourinho has to be happy with it and know the player will not be disruptive.

Last season we saw difficulties when Gerrard was left out by Liverpool at Real Madrid; this year we have seen Terry suffer at Man City. But the message is: ‘Look, lads, it doesn’t have to be like this.’

At 18, you find yourself put into a team, then pulled back out, then put back in. The cycle of a career requires acceptance and tolerance at both ends: club and player. Terry coming off in a game last week was embarrassing for him but most pros know that feeling. It happened to me against Manchester City, just after half-time. I’ll always remember thinking: ‘I want to be at home. I don’t want people looking at me. I don’t want to speak to people.’ I recall sitting in Sir Alex Ferguson’s office the following Monday morning for one of the longest meetings I ever had with him.

He told me what I’d done wrong, explained why he wasn’t happy with my performance. But the next half hour of the chat was about where I stood in the team, my future at the club – in a positive sense. It’s all about man management of the player. There is no need for this black and white distinction: in the team or out; an important player still or finished.

There is a reason why Ryan Giggs played until he was 40 and Paul Scholes made it to 38. They accepted the shift into a different phase of their career: a change Gerrard struggled to accept last season. It was a challenge, too, to Frank Lampard at Chelsea.

So Mourinho hooking Terry at the Etihad has already led to this heated speculation about the demise of Terry and inevitable friction with the manager. There is no need for it. If Chelsea were to sign a John Stones, Terry becomes the most important player at Chelsea for the next three seasons. If Stones could watch Terry in games 15 times a season and in training three times a week then his own development will be greatly enhanced.

To stay at the club where you belong sounds better to me than wandering around the world to prolong your career. Terry should be at Chelsea until he is 36, 37 years of age. He might play only 20 games a season but they will be 20 very important ones; and the 200 training sessions will be crucial to the squad in maintaining that winning mentality.

There could be a situation brewing, too, for City and Yaya Youre. In the Chelsea game Toure was wilting after about 65 minutes. He has a vital role now at City. If he plays every Wednesday, every Saturday – and Manuel Pellegrini feels he has to pick him – it will be to the team’s detriment. It will cost them points. He has to be used in a clever manner, so his performances hit 100%, which is better than three at 75%. Once you get past 32 or 33 that becomes the choice.

I probably spoke to Sir Alex one-on-one more in my last two years than in my first 15 at Old Trafford. He was constantly managing me, saying – "Look son, you won’t be playing this weekend but I’ll need you in a week’s time. There’s a big job for you to do here. Go and have a chat with Rafael and look after him." The communication line was open.

So I hope John Terry and Mourinho have been sitting down. I hope they’ve had a laugh together. I hope they’ve talked it through - and that Terry is pulling the dressing room around him after a turbulent couple of weeks for the club.

It’s about acceptance and consultation. It cannot be that Terry either a) plays every game or b) leaves the club.

Jose Mourinho needs John Terry and John Terry needs Jose Mourinho.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: August 22, 2015, 01:50:04 AM »
Never mind Chelsea parking the bus, Jose Mourinho couldn't get it started at Manchester City
By Harry Redknapp (The Telegraph).

Chelsea are now five points behind Manchester City and Manchester United. Early days, obviously, but any more of this and there will be a picture on one of the back pages of the Chelsea badge split in half and headlines claiming that they are a club in crisis.

Is it a case of complacency after winning the title so easily last season? Knowing Jose Mourinho, I wouldn’t think so. He is not a manager who allows his players to coast, or to think they have it made. In his world, they have to fight for everything.

What I think happened at the Etihad – a result nobody, certainly not me, saw coming – was two fold. First, let’s not for a moment diminish what City did. They were excellent from first minute to last, from goalkeeper to centre forward, not forgetting their full backs who were brilliant.

If I’m honest, over the summer I wasn’t sure they would be a serious challenger. I thought they had lost their hunger. How wrong could I be? I saw them at West Brom and was blown away by that spine of Vincent Kompany, Yaya Touré and David Silva, the old guard right back on their game. And with Sergio Agüero leading the line – who, if he stays fit, will be uncatchable at the top of the Premier League scoring charts – they were fantastic. But however good they were, you don’t expect to see Chelsea so easily brushed aside. Never mind parking the bus, Jose appeared to have misplaced the keys. They never got started. They could easily have been three down within five minutes.

That they weren’t was thanks to my old Pompey keeper Asmir Begovic who showed what he is: one of the best six keepers in the Premier League. I for one was very surprised when he went to be number two at Chelsea. I could easily see him as the first choice at Manchester United or Liverpool. He can never have expected to be as busy as he was on his first appearance.

What I think is the problem is that for once this is a Chelsea team who are starting off the pace: this defeat, together with the draw against Swansea and the loss in the Community Shield represent a start that could not be much less convincing. Which is very unusual for a Mourinho side. When he first came to England to manage at Stamford Bridge, he reckoned that the Premier League was not a marathon, it was a sprint. He had his side so fit, so ready, they tore out of the blocks. So quick were they into their stride, no one could catch them. This season, they look under-cooked. He has said he wanted to give them longer time off in the summer, that he worried they went off the boil last season, so he was looking for them not to be exhausted too soon. Well, if that’s the case no one could accuse them of going off too quickly in Sunday’s game. City were at them straight away and Agüero was in behind their back line two or three times in the first 10 minutes.

Much of the reaction to their defeat will focus on John Terry. This was the first time Jose ever substituted him in a Premier League game. That is how important he has been to Chelsea over the last 10 years. But when I saw Kurt Zouma warming up before half-time, I feared it could be John coming off. It was clear Jose wanted them to play a higher line. But then if he had pushed up with John still there, then he would have opened himself up even more to Agüero getting in behind. He needed more pace in there. And you have to say, they looked more solid in the second half.

Clearly, the manager wants John Stones. But let’s be honest here, can you really see them winning the league with Stones and Gary Cahill at centre back? No, for me John Terry is still the man. He’s the leader, the motivator, a massive influence on the team. I just couldn’t see John ditched this early in the season. He’s simply too important. Besides, you have to look beyond the back four to see why Chelsea defended so poorly yesterday.

They had very little protection from the midfield. The manager brought in Ramires to play with Nemanja Matic but neither of them were strong enough, and they got easily bullied by Yaya Touré and Fernandinho. The tactic was to try to free Cesc Fabregas, who Jose doesn’t feel in can play in big away games as one of the holding two. But if he was hoping for more security, it back fired.

Fabregas in particular was way off the pace. The game almost passed him by; Yaya was not just running past him, he was running over the top of him.

Listen, I’m not going to write off Chelsea, there’s a long, long way to go. They could so easily now put together a run of seven or eight wins and be right back in contention. But what I think we saw yesterday is that they are not yet at the races. Which is no place to be when you face competition as good as this City side.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:12 PM »
What was the point of buying Filipe Luis last year and then having to purchase Baba Rahman this year? Players finding it hard to say no to Chel$ea, but will confront hard, cold reality after chasing the hard, cold ca$h. Mourinho will stand in a firing line for Azpilicueta and since playing time is key for any player who would ordinarily be a likely NT starter, going to Chelsea to sit on the bench is a non-starter of an idea. Literally.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:12 AM »
What was the point of buying Filipe Luis last year and then having to purchase Baba Rahman this year? Players finding it hard to say no to Chel$ea, but will confront hard, cold reality after chasing the hard, cold ca$h. Mourinho will stand in a firing line for Azpilicueta and since playing time is key for any player who would ordinarily be a likely NT starter, going to Chelsea to sit on the bench is a non-starter of an idea. Literally.

The reality here is that Ivanovic performed so well last term @ RB even though his true position is CB, that Jose found it difficult to sit him.  Why not sit Dave you ask?  Well Dave was rock solid in defense.  It was very extremely rare to see a successful cross come in from opponents right flank because Dave was very adept at dispossessing his mark and launching counters.  His only weakness was his lack of ability with his left which meant limited crosses from our left side.  So it isn't so much what you are making it out to be at all.  In fact I imagine had Luis chosen to stay he probably would have been inserted already and Dave returned to the right.  Iva was looking woeful since preseason but by then Luis had already made up his mind and the club obliged even if that is not what is being spoken in the press.  JM making Iva a VC doesn't help either because it has meant that given such trust he had to give him a chance to get right.  If Baba was ready to start last game I imagine he would have as the combo of preseason and the initial 3 games were enough for JM to spot the glaring weakness that Iva has represented this term.  It also doesn't help that Matic has under-performed as well.  I think Baba has come at the right time and has an opportunity to take that spot and claim it as his own.  Even Kennedy looked like a breath of Fresh air was injected when he came on.  The biggest mistake JM made on that day was letting the youngster replace Dave instead of sending Iva to the bench and Dave to the RB position.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: September 01, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »

The reality here is that Ivanovic performed so well last term @ RB even though his true position is CB, that Jose found it difficult to sit him.  Why not sit Dave you ask?  Well Dave was rock solid in defense.  It was very extremely rare to see a successful cross come in from opponents right flank because Dave was very adept at dispossessing his mark and launching counters.  His only weakness was his lack of ability with his left which meant limited crosses from our left side.  So it isn't so much what you are making it out to be at all.  In fact I imagine had Luis chosen to stay he probably would have been inserted already and Dave returned to the right.  Iva was looking woeful since preseason but by then Luis had already made up his mind and the club obliged even if that is not what is being spoken in the press.  JM making Iva a VC doesn't help either because it has meant that given such trust he had to give him a chance to get right.  If Baba was ready to start last game I imagine he would have as the combo of preseason and the initial 3 games were enough for JM to spot the glaring weakness that Iva has represented this term.  It also doesn't help that Matic has under-performed as well.  I think Baba has come at the right time and has an opportunity to take that spot and claim it as his own.  Even Kennedy looked like a breath of Fresh air was injected when he came on.  The biggest mistake JM made on that day was letting the youngster replace Dave instead of sending Iva to the bench and Dave to the RB position.

Rahman was purchased as a squad player. In future years he might get more of a sweat. Felipe Luis wasnt happy with it and left, but Rahman must have known that was the role that was on offer before he arrived. He got here before our shaky start to the season and knew he was arriving at a club with the best defence in the Prem and would be competing for a spot with the best left back in the Prem.

Ivanovic has been our regular RB years ago, more or less since he joined Chelsea. That is his best position for us and a few lukewarm games to start the season does not make him a bad player. He has been great over the last 4 or 5 seasons, probaly our best player. He now has Pedro playing in front of him, who is not at strong defensively as Wilian and will take time to adapt. Benching him for a kid is not the answer, Ivanovic will come good.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: September 02, 2015, 09:24:43 AM »

Rahman was purchased as a squad player. In future years he might get more of a sweat. Felipe Luis wasnt happy with it and left, but Rahman must have known that was the role that was on offer before he arrived. He got here before our shaky start to the season and knew he was arriving at a club with the best defence in the Prem and would be competing for a spot with the best left back in the Prem.

Ivanovic has been our regular RB years ago, more or less since he joined Chelsea. That is his best position for us and a few lukewarm games to start the season does not make him a bad player. He has been great over the last 4 or 5 seasons, probaly our best player. He now has Pedro playing in front of him, who is not at strong defensively as Wilian and will take time to adapt. Benching him for a kid is not the answer, Ivanovic will come good.

Iva was and still is a CB by trade.  He has been shaky many times for us @CB so tbh I was happy he held down the RB spot.  He only really gained a foothold on that spot when Dave was switched from right to left and used to replace Cole.  Remember Cole left at the conclusion of the 13-14 season, So Iva hasn't been holding that position for even 2 years yet regularly and certainly not since he joined at all so check your facts bredrin. Great over the last 4 or 5?!!  He had a great season last year, no other years have been great so unless you are an Iva fan I cah even understand where you get that from.  Based on current form/play dating back to the end of last season and thru preseason Iva has struggled mightily at RB.  With Dave being a natural RB it only makes sense considering his tremendous ability to dispossess opponents that if any one is removed from the starting XI it will be Iva.  While I agree Rahman was brought on as a squad player to push for starting honors in time to come, his time may have arrived earlier than expected.  How many games you want to see us get torn apart on our right side?  How many games we need to drop points and it be a result of Iva either getting beat or being out of position?  BTW no one said he was a bad player but he is struggling a lot and maybe needs a break to watch from the bench to regain his sense of positioning and fearlessness so that he not susceptible to being beaten by the slightest of feints.  When Cahill was struggling didn't Zouma get a chance?  What make Iva so unmovable?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: September 02, 2015, 10:36:46 AM »
Good Post Big Boss- What makes Iva so unmovable. With Jose performance is everything and with the pace of the game and speedy wingers- Chelsea has been exposed. the same way  Cahill was benched and had a wake up call so it is with Iva. a few game on the bench will do him a heap of good.
 Watch Kennedy he greedy - a ball jumbie and he can shoot. With the kind of money them men getting one expects more than the mediocre performances by most of the players. 4points after four games is unacceptable . Coaches get fired  for this kind of performance.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: September 02, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
Chelsea Football Club have today completed the signing of Jamaica International Michael Hector from Reading.

The 23-year-old centre-back, who has signed a five-year-contract, will return to Reading and spend the remainder of this season on loan at the Madejski Stadium.

Hector, from London and a boyhood Chelsea supporter, began his career in the youth team at Millwall and moved to the Reading academy in 2009.

Having continued his development and gained crucial experience of first-team football out on loan, Hector made his Reading debut in January 2014 at the age of 21.

Last season, under the guidance of former Chelsea player and coach Steve Clarke, Hector established himself as a hugely important member of the Reading defence, making 49 appearances in all competitions and scoring three goals. He also played the full 120 minutes of Reading's FA Cup semi-final defeat against Arsenal at Wembley.

Hector, who captained Reading for the first time last week, has represented Jamaica at international level and started all three of their matches at this summer’s Copa America.

------------------

Great talent this kid, I believe he would eventually have gotten an England cap had he not comitted to Jamaica. He Had a bad game in the GC final vs Mexico, but overall a very solid, promising defender. Was excellent in the Copa America, which no doubt contributed somewhat to Chelsea signing him.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:36:45 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: September 02, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
Iva was and still is a CB by trade.  He has been shaky many times for us @CB so tbh I was happy he held down the RB spot.  He only really gained a foothold on that spot when Dave was switched from right to left and used to replace Cole.  Remember Cole left at the conclusion of the 13-14 season, So Iva hasn't been holding that position for even 2 years yet regularly and certainly not since he joined at all so check your facts bredrin.

Come better than that man lol. 2009/10 season - when we won the Premier League - Ivanovic was named in the Premier League team of the season as a right back (Terry and Carvalho were our starting CBs that year). There have been times when he was deployed as a CB but he has been our starting RB more often than not in most seasons since then. The only player who has ever competed with him for that spot was Bosingwa and that battle didnt last long.

Mourinho acknowledged how good Azpilicueta was but admitted that he could not bench Ivanovic (Mourinho actually said this in a match program, if you want I could go look for it lol)....a few games later Azpilicueta came in for Cole and became the starting LB.

I agree with you that he is shaky as a CB but we will have to disagree on who is our best RB because to me he is still one of if not the best in the league  :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:51:25 AM by Ryan »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: September 02, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »
I saw a program on JM the other day. And he is a real pragmatic fella. I hope I am quoting him correctly. Before he convinces a player to sign for Chelsea he does not make a guarantee that the will start every game. The team always comes first. There maybe exceptions, but team first. If the player can't abide by that, then it makes no sense to come to Chelsea.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: September 02, 2015, 12:54:12 PM »
Ryan, see if yuh find out whether Jamal Blackman has any T&T roots. Would love to have him aboard.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: September 02, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »
Iva was and still is a CB by trade.  He has been shaky many times for us @CB so tbh I was happy he held down the RB spot.  He only really gained a foothold on that spot when Dave was switched from right to left and used to replace Cole.  Remember Cole left at the conclusion of the 13-14 season, So Iva hasn't been holding that position for even 2 years yet regularly and certainly not since he joined at all so check your facts bredrin.

Come better than that man lol. 2009/10 season - when we won the Premier League - Ivanovic was named in the Premier League team of the season as a right back (Terry and Carvalho were our starting CBs that year). There have been times when he was deployed as a CB but he has been our starting RB more often than not in most seasons since then. The only player who has ever competed with him for that spot was Bosingwa and that battle didnt last long.

Mourinho acknowledged how good Azpilicueta was but admitted that he could not bench Ivanovic (Mourinho actually said this in a match program, if you want I could go look for it lol)....a few games later Azpilicueta came in for Cole and became the starting LB.

I agree with you that he is shaky as a CB but we will have to disagree on who is our best RB because to me he is still one of if not the best in the league  :beermug:

Remember Bosingwa had sustained a knee injury and was out from since for a year from October 09.  Iva was deployed there by Ancilotti as a stop gap because until that point he wasn't getting a lot of regular and continuous play.  Now I can admit he had a good year there most of the season.  But remember once Bosingwa came back he got his position back.  Now peep this, Neither DiMatteo nor Benitez used Dave on the left and yet Dave made at least 20 starts in the EPL that season.  So in reality out of all the years Iva been at the bridge he played about the equivalent of maybe two and a half seasons at RB with last season being his first full season in the position.  Now I doh dislike the man because he has performed well most of the time in the position however that is Dave natural position and if Iva struggling he should get a break.  It's not as if we have no one at all to play.  Even if Baba not ready that yute Kennedy looking to impress and the few minutes he came on he was busy in that last game and to me gave Jose reason to try to find him some minutes.  I am a Cahill fan since he was @ Bolton but when he started to struggle last season I fully expected him to see the bench as he did.  Now he seems to be back, refreshed and ready.  Iva need a shake up lol

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: September 03, 2015, 10:40:41 AM »
My line up for Chelsea next game

Courtois
Rahman
Djilobodji
Cahill
Azpilicueta
Kenedy
Ramires
Willian
Pedro
Costa
Falcao

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:27:33 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: September 03, 2015, 02:12:47 PM »
Yuh eh like Pedro?  :devil:

Well, fuh sure Djilobodji is a league or Cup player because he's not on the Champion's League roster.

I get the sense posters are under-rating Baba Rahman.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: September 03, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »

Well, fuh sure Djilobodji is a league or Cup player because he's not on the Champion's League roster.

Fix, how yuh like de squad though?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: September 03, 2015, 04:30:13 PM »

It's a playable squad. Ah thought Ramires would have been the one yuh benched, and not Mikel, buh ah glad yuh didn't. .... However, not so sure Mou would rest Fabregas.

He might also be cautious about starting a new flank defender and a new central defender.

It's going to be interesting to see what balance he strikes because he needs goals, defensive transition and an unbreachable back 4.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:35:57 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: September 04, 2015, 05:37:17 AM »
Sam- how you leave out Hazard  and Zouma, JM would play Fabregas before Ramires.
 Your selecting is a good Cup team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: September 04, 2015, 08:37:51 AM »
Sam- how you leave out Hazard  and Zouma, JM would play Fabregas before Ramires.
 Your selecting is a good Cup team.

Zouma is decent but he to clumsy especially to play as a central defender.

Hazard is a shadow of himself.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: September 04, 2015, 08:43:01 AM »

It's a playable squad. Ah thought Ramires would have been the one yuh benched, and not Mikel, buh ah glad yuh didn't. .... However, not so sure Mou would rest Fabregas.

He might also be cautious about starting a new flank defender and a new central defender.

It's going to be interesting to see what balance he strikes because he needs goals, defensive transition and an unbreachable back 4.

Ramires could replace Fabregas Fiberglass as a play maker, because Fiberglass playing real tata.

If Mikel learn to pass more forward through balls he go be good to, but he does kill attacking play to much.

Even Pedro could play de central play maker role, but Fiberglass go to bench.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3956 on: September 08, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
FIFA to discuss Chelsea doctor Carneiro case
By Tim Witcher (AFP)

Manchester (United Kingdom) (AFP) - FIFA's medical commission will this week discuss Jose Mourinho's battle with Chelsea club doctor Eva Carneiro amid growing pressure for a settlement by the English Premier League Champions.

Mourinho has refused to back down from criticism of Carneiro and head physio Jon Fearn after they went on the pitch to treat Eden Hazard in the 2-2 home draw with Swansea last month.

They have since been excluded from the team bench by Mourinho and have consulted lawyers.

Carneiro and Fearn's medical intervention -- called on by Hazard and the referee -- reduced Chelsea to nine players as goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois had already been sent off. An angry Mourinho called it "impulsive and naive".

FIFA's top medical experts have already backed Carneiro and FIFA's medical commission is expected to issue a statement backing the Chelsea doctor after a meeting on Friday.

"You would expect me to support the team doctor," said medical commission chairman Michel D'Hooghe, a longstanding FIFA executive member, when he announced it would be discussed.

Mary O'Rourke, one of Britain's top medical lawyers who has been involved in landmark cases on football injuries, said FIFA would back the 41-year-old Carneiro.

"It is an important point of principle," she said on the sidelines of the Soccerex convention in Manchester.

"I would like to see the message go round the world -- and I think you will see FIFA on Friday saying the same -- they did nothing wrong because their duty was to the player as a patient, their duty was to the referee," O'Rourke said.

"Their job in the club is to look after the players, and not to run the team and not to be tactically aware."

O'Rourke said clubs have to be even more wary of injuries after the Petr Cech case at Chelsea and Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris's recent concussion.

But the leading barrister said there were signs that a settlement is being discussed without the need for court proceedings by Carneiro or an apology by Mourinho.

"I don't think you need to say that Mourinho has to apologise. I think you get the message out there if you have the pair of them back out there on the bench.

"We don't need to start making people eat humble pie or anything. It is a recognition that they did nothing wrong."

- 'Heat of the moment' -

O'Rourke said the referee had to call on a doctor after Hazard signalled his injury. She said that in rugby union, referees have been sued for not bringing on medical assistance.

The lawyer said Mourinho's comments had were "heat of the moment" after a game that Chelsea should have won and had "not been thought through".

"As much as one understands the passion of the manager or a coach, or their needs, you have to at the end of the day prioritise the player, because apart from anything else if the player sues he is not suing the manager he is suing the doctor and the physio."

O'Rourke said there were signs that Chelsea wanted to "mend" its relationship with the doctor.

"Some situations are not mendable. This one may not be.

"You should take something from it that Chelsea have said nothing and that Eva Carneiro has said nothing -- there may well be a will to see if this situation can be mended."

O'Rourke, who has written widely about football injury cases, said it was disappointing that the Football Association and Premier League have not spoken about the case. But she said it could be a sign that both are in contact with Chelsea.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:50 AM »
We concentrating on the Champion's League

::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:33 AM »
Mourinho's press conference: another week of presenting alternative reality.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: September 12, 2015, 09:15:24 PM »
WATCH and listen to Jose Mourinho with Shaka Hislop regarding Petr Cech and Thiboult Courtois.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cx8-O8MJs44" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Cx8-O8MJs44</a>

1]; } ?>