April 28, 2024, 03:31:34 AM

Author Topic: Startlists for Aviva London Grand Prix  (Read 18899 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Startlists for Aviva London Grand Prix
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »
I can't tell you how casual powell looked winning that race...

Burns had a  really good last 30 metres and I think may have gotten 2nd....waiting for confirmation....

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »
Burns 2nd 9.97
thompson 4th 10.01

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 01:27:15 PM »
20:17 - 100 METRES Men - Final    OFFICIAL RESULTS
   Wind: -0.5 m/s
1       Asafa POWELL    JAM    9.94       0.147          
2       Marc BURNS    TRI    9.97       0.163       SB    
3       Michael FRATER    JAM    10.00       0.167       PB    
4       Richard THOMPSON    TRI    10.01       0.150          
5       Jaysuma NDURE    NOR    10.02       0.121          
6       Nesta CARTER    JAM    10.04       0.181          
7       Kim COLLINS    STK    10.17       0.190          
8       Craig PICKERING    GBR    10.21       0.163          

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 01:39:56 PM »
2       Marc BURNS    TRI    9.97       0.163       SB     A Ato approved sub-10 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know nothing bout track, but Burns finish real strong in dat race from lane 8 (OK, so Asafa was easing up and might not have noticed him all d way out dere, but even so....  ;D)

Thompson started strong but faded towards the end. Still, nice to see some of our fellas livin up to their hype for a change  :beermug:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
2       Marc BURNS    TRI    9.97       0.163       SB     An Ato approved sub-10 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know nothing bout track, but Burns finish real strong in dat race from lane 8 (OK, so Asafa was easing up and might not have noticed him all d way out dere, but even so....  ;D)

Thompson started strong but faded towards the end. Still, nice to see some of our fellas livin up to their hype for a change  :beermug:

Added to all that if yuh was to swing around that headwind, we  might have very well had 6 men run sub-10. Some SERIOUS depth this year. :o
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
Ahrite track men (and women), I iz a baller (though some might say ah lie  ;D) not a track man, so ah askin de question, realistically, yuh see we coppin at least one medal in de men'x 100m this year?  Powell, Bolt, and Gay are obviously favorites, but to my naaive eyes we could challlenge for at least one not so?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »
Ahrite track men (and women), I iz a baller (though some might say ah lie  ;D) not a track man, so ah askin de question, realistically, yuh see we coppin at least one medal in de men'x 100m this year?  Powell, Bolt, and Gay are obviously favorites, but to my naaive eyes we could challlenge for at least one not so?

If is one man I willbet my money on (once healthy) is Darrel Brown. I am hearing some good things coming from the MVP camp. I know Shaver and Ato will have RT ready and Burns is just ah soldier, but Brung is mih horse fuh de upset.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 01:57:14 PM »
Seen, ah hopin so too man, want to fly de RWB in some faces at work this year man  ;D  Tanks fuh de link, will chk out de relay tomorrow, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »
SUB TEN into a wind too like Richard. Yes that is the real thing. So that makes what,   4  3 sub ten performers now for TNT lol.

The worst thing could have happened to Richard is to be next to Asafa because he ran Asafa's race model, he started well, very consistent now in that department ;D- but he is still competing well.  Rich'$ Last 20m was awful but lawd knows I been there....10.01 at this point in the year with his long 08 season is still good going into Beijing. Tapering will change a lot.

I have never seen Marc look better, ever, but lawd he always is running from 3-4 meters back.  You can't run down people from that far back in a championship setting and that is why he makes finals but doesn't factor when he does.  He could factor this year in those finals if they fix that start even a little.....Why d hell cant they fix his start after all these years????...GEEZAN man steups. Is not rocket science....

Anyhow let it not be said I am complaining - I tell these men celebrate every PR you never know when it will be your last - a great day  - and things look about as well as I thought if not better....oh and Jamaica's 4x100 need to slapped individually and collectively if they lose in Beijing because they have 2 x 9.7 guys, 1 10.00 and a sub ten guy running for them....we can't match that on paper and neither can the US.

But we know individual times dont matter. They should have beat the USA last year in Osaka and that didn't happen.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:11:44 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
Firstly congrats to both Marc AND Richard for doing so well at such a high caliber meeting dey make yuh feel rell proud. But as Ato mention Richard was running the ASAFA race prototype and as a result he faded within d last 20m which normally is d part of d race where he picks up/running at full pace, but what is positive is that he can learn! Then if corrected he WILL do better and its only his SECOND race as a pro wow!!!!!!! On the down side was d women's 4x100m. The first leg was well run, second leg was poor as was the third KB made up ground on 1 girl and jus eased at the end ( i thought 43.46 was the PB not 43.71) anyway dey really need to fix up! duno wat Ayanna and MONIQUE were doing but unfortunately we dont really have anybody else to run their legs unless Sasha Springer-J and Wanda Hudson wlling to do a better job. Hopefully dey will do something to improve their times.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 03:04:53 PM »
SUB TEN into a wind too like Richard. Yes that is the real thing. So that makes what,   4  3 sub ten performers now for TNT lol.

The worst thing could have happened to Richard is to be next to Asafa because he ran Asafa's race model, he started well, very consistent now in that department ;D- but he is still competing well.  Rich'$ Last 20m was awful but lawd knows I been there....10.01 at this point in the year with his long 08 season is still good going into Beijing. Tapering will change a lot.

I have never seen Marc look better, ever, but lawd he always is running from 3-4 meters back.  You can't run down people from that far back in a championship setting and that is why he makes finals but doesn't factor when he does.  He could factor this year in those finals if they fix that start even a little.....Why d hell cant they fix his start after all these years????...GEEZAN man steups. Is not rocket science....

Anyhow let it not be said I am complaining - I tell these men celebrate every PR you never know when it will be your last - a great day  - and things look about as well as I thought if not better....oh and Jamaica's 4x100 need to slapped individually and collectively if they lose in Beijing because they have 2 x 9.7 guys, 1 10.00 and a sub ten guy running for them....we can't match that on paper and neither can the US.

But we know individual times dont matter. They should have beat the USA last year in Osaka and that didn't happen.

Might have been terrible in this situation, but I rather for it to happen now than in Beijing. At least that gives you the nest 3 weeks to pound it out of him, so there will be no surprises when the lights are on.

Brown is on the start lists for Monaco next Tuesday, hope he runs.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »
Lemme tell yuh what I'm observing ....these men not invincible the gap is closing...that is encouraging....men starting to believe that they could beat these guys Marc, Richard and Darrel go be there with them...darrel on the downlow I waiting to see what he has in store Marc has been running well and well RT under ATO so I not worried bout him. The man i worried bout is Tyson because even tho Bolt and Asafa think they guaranteed top finishes and they eh fraid the opposition ..tyson is a serious man and he doesnt undersetimate anyone so he'll work and work and work and work....he is a manimal

truetrini

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
Burns sneak up on them!!!!

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »
Lemme tell yuh what I'm observing ....these men not invincible the gap is closing...that is encouraging....men starting to believe that they could beat these guys Marc, Richard and Darrel go be there with them...darrel on the downlow I waiting to see what he has in store Marc has been running well and well RT under ATO so I not worried bout him. The man i worried bout is Tyson because even tho Bolt and Asafa think they guaranteed top finishes and they eh fraid the opposition ..tyson is a serious man and he doesnt undersetimate anyone so he'll work and work and work and work....he is a manimal

So Bolt and Asafa not serious too?

Steeuuupps

Yankee going get a serious buss ass this trip. I dont case which trix deh pull fah, spanking deh getting all the same.

BTW, Burns look damn good..

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »
Burns sneak up on them!!!!

Burns look like if he had a good start Powell was in trouble
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »

If is one man I willbet my money on (once healthy) is Darrel Brown. I am hearing some good things coming from the MVP camp. I know Shaver and Ato will have RT ready and Burns is just ah soldier, but Brung is mih horse fuh de upset.

Yuh have ah believer here bruddah ...ah done post it already ..... I now looking for some designer suits to take Ato television wuk .. :devil:

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 08:04:33 PM »
Wait nah.the same Burns we was lambasting last week rest down ah sub 10, and beat Thompson too-boot.niceness fellas pure niceness....bodes well fuh we relay. Brown...what he go do now?
What time is the relay.ah have tuh watch that yes

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »

So Bolt and Asafa not serious too?

Steeuuupps

Yankee going get a serious buss ass this trip. I dont case which trix deh pull fah, spanking deh getting all the same.

BTW, Burns look damn good..

Willi .....perhaps it was the wrong use of words on my part but I  get the impression that them two fellas as talented as they are tend to underestimate the opposition ....especially  Bolt. Bolt is a cocky youth no doubt bout that like to cut off and look over because he know he have the goods ......... eventually all that does come back to you if he eh watch himself....Asafa does struggle in the main events because he doesn't deal well with pressure in his mind he is expected to win it  just like everyone else expects him to win it and win it easily with class shutting down ...so whenever he runs and he is under pressure to which he isn't accustomed he almost automatically backs off or shuts down...so for him the pressure is in his mind ...when yuh on top the hardest thing to do is maintain it because everyone else wants what you have....Tyson has no such burdens ....there was a time when he used to get licks steady he was more a two hundred man ...he paid his dues and now he there with the best but he is a real humble soul so is no pressure to run like a dog and win it ...to him is about the end and not the means to it....not to say I supporting America surely you know that's not the case but it there right in front of our faces to see ....who want it bad enough ....no guts no glory Willi
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:33:22 PM by Ngozi »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 02:27:56 AM »
I am one of the people who continuously lambast Burns..because he does not give these type of performances on a regular basis..but I hope this is the beginning of a very long trend for him

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2008, 07:58:08 AM »
Just miss Kelly-Ann's heat...steupsssssssssss............

.........but you can watch the meet here today. She did make the final however.

http://www.justin.tv/nadnerbsregdor

14:37 - 100 METRES Women - Heats - Heat 1    OFFICIAL RESULTS
First 3 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified    Wind: 0.0 m/s
1       Marshevet HOOKER    USA    11.04       0.194    Q       
2       Veronica CAMPBELL    JAM    11.05       0.173    Q       
3       Torri EDWARDS    USA    11.06       0.129    Q       
4       Kelly-Ann BAPTISTE    TRI    11.16       0.143    q       
5       Kim GEVAERT    BEL    11.19       0.150    q       
6       Montell DOUGLAS    GBR    11.27       0.160          
7       Laura TURNER    GBR    11.42       0.170          
8       Joice MADUAKA    GBR    11.78       0.168          

Downloadable Results (pdf)
14:48 - 100 METRES Women - Heats - Heat 2    OFFICIAL RESULTS
First 3 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified    Wind: 0.1 m/s
1       Shelly Ann FRASER    JAM    11.01       0.201    Q       
2       Carmelita JETER    USA    11.17       0.209    Q       
3       Debbie FERGUSON    BAH    11.19       0.181    Q       
4       Kerron STEWART    JAM    11.20       0.232          
5       Lauryn WILLIAMS    USA    11.21       0.143          
6       Angela WILLIAMS    USA    11.26       0.162          
7       Emma ANIA    GBR    11.41       0.191          
8       Ashlee NELSON    GBR    11.48       0.175       

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2008, 08:08:54 AM »
Start list for later........

17:04 - 100 METRES Women - Final     START LIST
   Personal Best    Season Best
1       Kim GEVAERT    BEL       11.04    11.05
2       Kelly-Ann BAPTISTE    TRI       11.06    11.06
3       Veronica CAMPBELL    JAM       10.85    10.88
4       Shelly Ann FRASER    JAM       10.85    10.85
5       Marshevet HOOKER    USA       10.93    10.93
6       Carmelita JETER    USA       10.97    10.97
7       Torri EDWARDS    USA       10.78    10.78
8       Debbie FERGUSON    BAH       10.91    11.11

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2008, 08:20:46 AM »
No trini, but deserves honorable mention. BOLT goin' and mash up de place in Beijing in de deuce..........

15:00 - 200 METRES Men    OFFICIAL RESULTS
   Wind: -0.4 m/s
1       Usain BOLT    JAM    19.76       0.183       SR    
2       Wallace SPEARMON    USA    20.27       0.221          
3       Paul HESSION    IRL    20.37       0.188       SB    
4       Brian DZINGAI    ZIM    20.44       0.167          
5       Christian MALCOLM    GBR    20.54       0.189          
6       Rodney MARTIN    USA    20.55       0.184          
7       Alex NELSON    GBR    20.93       0.150          
8       Marvin ANDERSON    JAM    20.98       0.179       

The last 30m of that run was on a canter. :o

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2008, 08:29:20 AM »
Traitor Clement jes win he race >:(

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »
Just miss Kelly-Ann's heat...steupsssssssssss............

.........but you can watch the meet here today. She did make the final however.

http://www.justin.tv/nadnerbsregdor

14:37 - 100 METRES Women - Heats - Heat 1    OFFICIAL RESULTS
First 3 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified    Wind: 0.0 m/s
1       Marshevet HOOKER    USA    11.04       0.194    Q       
2       Veronica CAMPBELL    JAM    11.05       0.173    Q       
3       Torri EDWARDS    USA    11.06       0.129    Q       
4       Kelly-Ann BAPTISTE    TRI    11.16       0.143    q       
5       Kim GEVAERT    BEL    11.19       0.150    q       
6       Montell DOUGLAS    GBR    11.27       0.160          
7       Laura TURNER    GBR    11.42       0.170          
8       Joice MADUAKA    GBR    11.78       0.168          

Downloadable Results (pdf)
14:48 - 100 METRES Women - Heats - Heat 2    OFFICIAL RESULTS
First 3 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified    Wind: 0.1 m/s
1       Shelly Ann FRASER    JAM    11.01       0.201    Q       
2       Carmelita JETER    USA    11.17       0.209    Q       
3       Debbie FERGUSON    BAH    11.19       0.181    Q       
4       Kerron STEWART    JAM    11.20       0.232          
5       Lauryn WILLIAMS    USA    11.21       0.143          
6       Angela WILLIAMS    USA    11.26       0.162          
7       Emma ANIA    GBR    11.41       0.191          
8       Ashlee NELSON    GBR    11.48       0.175       

how did kelly look in those heats
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2008, 08:32:58 AM »
what time later is the final race

Start list for later........

17:04 - 100 METRES Women - Final     START LIST
   Personal Best    Season Best
1       Kim GEVAERT    BEL       11.04    11.05
2       Kelly-Ann BAPTISTE    TRI       11.06    11.06
3       Veronica CAMPBELL    JAM       10.85    10.88
4       Shelly Ann FRASER    JAM       10.85    10.85
5       Marshevet HOOKER    USA       10.93    10.93
6       Carmelita JETER    USA       10.97    10.97
7       Torri EDWARDS    USA       10.78    10.78
8       Debbie FERGUSON    BAH       10.91    11.11
 :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
12:04 our time.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2008, 09:04:48 AM »
How he a traitor? Ent de man was practically beggin to run for we? As far as I remember is de NAAA dat mess up.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »
How he a traitor? Ent de man was practically beggin to run for we? As far as I remember is de NAAA dat mess up.

Where you hear dat?

Facting traitor, who vex lorse!!!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2008, 10:07:30 AM »
It's Jamaica fest at the Palace. I wonder if they'll take a 15min drive down to Brixton afterwards to get some post race Jerk

1]; } ?>