April 27, 2024, 01:15:58 AM

Author Topic: Permit problems loom for T&T players  (Read 4471 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Permit problems loom for T&T players
« on: July 23, 2008, 12:37:11 PM »
Permit problems loom for T&T players
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

It will be tough going for Trinidad and Tobago players seeking work permits to play professionally in the United Kingdom at least until the country climbs back into the top 100 on the FIFA World Rankings.

T&T has been positioned inside the top seventy for much of the past which allowed its players the opportunity to have their permits granted once they met the requirement of playing seventy-five percent or more of competitive international matches played by the Senior Team in the two years  prior to the permit application.

But now, according to UK-based agent Mike Berry, the “Soca Warriors” need to move back up rapidly.

Berry explains:

“As you know T&T players normally need to have played 75% of Competitive A games(Gold Cup, Digicel Cup and World Cup) in the 2 years prior to the date of the WP application and also T&T need to be ranked in the Top 70  which has been its average over the last 2 years.  As T&T are no longer in the Top 70  it is virtually impossible for a T&T player to qualify under these rules.

“The only other option is to persuade a UK club to take the case to an appeal panel and to convince the panel (The Governing Bodies and 3 experts (Usually Ex Managers/Players) that the player is of the highest caliber and would be an automatic choice for Firstt team selection which is a very difficult task.”

“T&T dropped out of the Top 70 (Averaged over the last 2 years) in May 2008 which is the first time in a long time and certainly since my first visit to T&T in 1978.

“When you consider that T&T was once as high as 25th and is now ranked at 102 in the FIFA rankings it is extremely discouraging for young Trini players who aspire to play in the UK and are working hard in their leagues to do so.

“For the record the Work Permit authorities are currently reviewing the present system in tandem with the Governing bodies of football and a new points system will hopefully be introduced next year. In the meantime the current criteria remains which is bad news for T&T so the sooner the ranking improves the better,” Berry added. 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Permit problems loom for T&T players
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:45:49 PM »
errrr... Hyland ???

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »
Thanks Jack Warner...

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:51:53 PM »
I hope that friendly against Panama is still on. Winning that game should put us back in the top 100.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »
Have no fear all will be rectified shortly

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »
England is not the only place we can play.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 03:57:45 PM »
The news is? Who hear did not c dat comin? Loud steups
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »

This ranking is very volatile but u eh climbing nowhere if u don't win against good opposition.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 06:16:26 PM »
T&T players have to start playing and beating team they need to beat ....team's like USA and Costa Rica....and stop lettin team's come to Trinidad and feel it's a easy win...I will denial them as well for the very same fifa standing...we need to start winnning and beating people...not tomorrow but now...

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »
England is not the only place we can play.

true...i honestly would like to see some of our boys go to spain and play
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »
Using the ranking as a bench mark to employ players is arsinine, but we don't have any control over that.  The low ranking is our own (Jack's) doing!  It is also time that we get over this idea that England is the only place to play.  I don't think that we give enough credit to the MLS (either because we think we are better than we really are or our fans on this forum are delusional).   Look at the mauling our teams get in the CONCACAF Cup.  We can't even beat Jamaica's best teams.  Truth is we have a long way to go, beginning with a reorganization of the TTFF.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 12:34:02 AM »
Given the plight of the English national team being blamed in various quarters on the amount of foriegn players 60% ish in the EPL, I wouldn't hold a lot of hope for the new system to be easier than the current system for non EU players. 

The FA can't do anything about EU imports but can stop other nationalities with a points system.  There is major concern that young foriegn players are pushing out British players even at youth academy level, so it may end up that only top notch non EU are allowed in.  I am just guessing but it does seem to get mentioned more by the FA and I was unaware the system was being changed, it maybe that the FA are just setting the scene for the new criteria to be harder than it is now.   

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 01:52:45 AM »
Given the plight of the English national team being blamed in various quarters on the amount of foriegn players 60% ish in the EPL, I wouldn't hold a lot of hope for the new system to be easier than the current system for non EU players. 

The FA can't do anything about EU imports but can stop other nationalities with a points system.  There is major concern that young foriegn players are pushing out British players even at youth academy level, so it may end up that only top notch non EU are allowed in.  I am just guessing but it does seem to get mentioned more by the FA and I was unaware the system was being changed, it maybe that the FA are just setting the scene for the new criteria to be harder than it is now.   
Believe me when i say Kev , the day non EU players are limited to play in the UK, that's the day the standard of your football would drop. non EU players have braught flair and character to a once boring league call the English league.

fellas the likes of Drogba, yakubu, sants cruz, Benjani, J J okocha , Benayun, Kenwyn jones , gerberto silver, Utaka, just to name ah few are the reason why English football dominated the champions league three yrs in ah row, and won last season.

take it from me , the reason why engish players are being over looked, is Bc the game has become more commercial in nature, and the capitalist are taking atvantage of the opportunity to turn over big profits, and medioca talent will not cut it as far as investers go , they need box office draw as well as television viewer ratings.

no one want's to see a ball playing in the air for 3/4 of a match, ppl want to see intellegent constructive football the way Brazil and argentina plays their football, with flair and creativity, and i'm so sorry to tell you that with the exception of france and portugal, an all european football league will bore the living day lights of of viewers.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 04:02:29 AM »

Believe me when i say Kev , the day non EU players are limited to play in the UK, that's the day the standard of your football would drop. non EU players have braught flair and character to a once boring league call the English league.

fellas the likes of Drogba, yakubu, sants cruz, Benjani, J J okocha , Benayun, Kenwyn jones , gerberto silver, Utaka, just to name ah few are the reason why English football dominated the champions league three yrs in ah row, and won last season.

take it from me , the reason why engish players are being over looked, is Bc the game has become more commercial in nature, and the capitalist are taking atvantage of the opportunity to turn over big profits, and medioca talent will not cut it as far as investers go , they need box office draw as well as television viewer ratings.

no one want's to see a ball playing in the air for 3/4 of a match, ppl want to see intellegent constructive football the way Brazil and argentina plays their football, with flair and creativity, and i'm so sorry to tell you that with the exception of france and portugal, an all european football league will bore the living day lights of of viewers.

Can't argue with any of that.

Just pointing out the vibes being given off through FA and papers.
Personally couldn't care less about the England team, the past 5/6 years all they have done is whinged, picked themselves, over paid, over hyped, prima donna's.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 10:37:45 AM »
Using the ranking as a bench mark to employ players is arsinine, but we don't have any control over that.  The low ranking is our own (Jack's) doing!  It is also time that we get over this idea that England is the only place to play.  I don't think that we give enough credit to the MLS (either because we think we are better than we really are or our fans on this forum are delusional).   Look at the mauling our teams get in the CONCACAF Cup.  We can't even beat Jamaica's best teams.  Truth is we have a long way to go, beginning with a reorganization of the TTFF.
I wouldn't go that far >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
I wouldn't go that far >:(

"The proof is in the pudding," as they say.  We have not gone past the Caribbean round recently.  Cornell Glen was the last person to show any international credentials.  Didn't Harbor View beat our team? at home to boot.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 04:29:24 AM »
Its being reported today that the minister of sport is to take it up with the European Union about getting the rules changed to make 6 players must be from a home nation. Given this I think it is highly likely they will make it a lot harder for non EU players to come in when the system changes.  Capello has been whinging about it aswell.  Interesting as the English teams have always had a large proprtion of Scots and Irish players under these rule changes they too would be regarded as foriegn.

From my perspective I think it will make the EPL a lot worse.  It will also mean even higher prices and wages for more mediorce English players.  If you take the club bias out and ask most fans they would say even the superstars are paid too much now and its got silly, but they would all agree that the fees / pay for mediorce players is ridiculous.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 06:36:18 AM »
In 2008 I hope dey run he wit dat nonesense
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 11:17:33 AM »
Well if the following proposal is accepted, we eh go see ah new Trini in English football for ah while, unless dey take ah circuitous route.

FA sends out proposals to reduce the number of non-EU players

FA plans to slash number of non-EU imported players in English football
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »
Depressing times :(. We should definitely be pursuing other markets though - we have had some players do well in Asia (monetarily, if not prestige-wise), and as others rightly pointed out there are other European nations that might offer us some interesting routes - countries such as Belgium and Poland - both have routes to naturalisation after just 2 years (marriage is a good way to get it down :p), which would free our players up throughout Europe.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 04:46:17 PM »
there is one word why those proposals not going through.......... MONEY !!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 08:03:26 PM »
Cart before the horse.

Why buy a car and then learn to drive? Let's become good driver and then worry about owning a car.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »
Darn- looks like we need " A Special Adviser"  lol wait nah was that ASAP paid for?
Look it have nuff experts on this forum that go advise for free- so here we go
What will it take for TNT to improve in the ranking so as to make it easier for players to obtain permits to enjoy jolly old colonial ethnocentric home of football gods country? Lol
Yes it good  fuh all who like to big up and glorify the EPL - now we go pay the price for idolizing the dream of playing in football Mecca-
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:13:22 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »
If they adopt that then their league's quality will go down.  I don't see it happening.

1]; } ?>