April 28, 2024, 05:41:49 AM

Author Topic: QUOW CLOCK 44.89  (Read 4298 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: QUOW CLOCK 44.89
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 01:01:45 PM »
Yeah, commentator's moment....steups...LOL

1992 + 16 = 2008.

Jai let me explain. Your examples are not relevant to this simply because this is an extreme case.

Hasely didnt have perfect form but it was probably a 7 or an 8 and that got him thru - and yes he was strong as hell. The "height" thing as it relates to me and guys my height or to Bolt has what in common to overcome that "disadvantage"? Perfect FORM - the reason the whole world copies the HSI drive phase now is because it is technically correct.

The horse racing thing well you lorse me there but my point is when form is that far off what it should be in a race where relaxation and how u finish is critical, and it is going to show up on the clock - if you need any evidence check TNT in the 4x400 semis at worlds last year. 

He let his teammates down badly there...they handed him a qualifying spot in the finals after 3 legs and on anchor he got exposed.

This 44.89 is encouraging but he is not a sub 45 guy yet in most eyes - Merritt, Wariner et al are...and let's stop making Ato Stephens the benchmark. He isn't and Quow I think is more talented so the fact that he "has passed Stephens" means little.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:14:13 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: QUOW CLOCK 44.89
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 03:01:06 PM »
I agree with Ato regarding quow's form, it is absolutely terrible.  However, i will give him some credit for running 45s on ah regular basis with his current running style but to be a major contender, RQ qill have to do some major work otherwise he will have the same results such as neil de silva, ato stephes, delice, etc...he will not come anywhere close to the achievements of ian morris.  I think he still has some time to make the adjustments and be successful.  Until he is running 44.5 on a regular he is not a contender.  Right now the USA could filed 8 athletes in the olympics and at least 6 will make the 400 final.  Allyuh doh get tie up with the iaaf rankings, it is not as bad as FIFA but it is not good either.

1]; } ?>