April 24, 2024, 06:50:15 PM

Author Topic: Do we need more foreign based Trinidadian coaches involved with T&T soccer  (Read 6476 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Slimmy..you eh doin yuh homework man

I eh aks Diamondtrim to name dem...ah aks YOU!!...you is de man does tell people yuh want to see facts... now I aksin for facts yuh refer mih to KPMG..ah mean diamondtrim

with regard to every other football federation in the world runnin on private money....I surprise yuh eh know dat...they are all private entities...if government get too involved, FIFA has the right to cancel them

Check FIFA charter laws on FIFA site for the facts yuh want...do de work

He doh have to ask osama...but private enterprise..corporate sponsors, aks yuh self why dey does shy away from de TTFF
I could care less about reggae boyz,,dat still is not money from the jamaican government..is TTFF we talkin bout here.
doh wait on diamondtrim to provide proof...whey your 'facts commin from?. Pull out de homework book
Name de teams!!
btw if TTFF did make some ah dat global tv money...why dey always claimin dey brokes and need taxpayers money?

Yuh still eh answer mih about the forieign trini coaches...who supposed to be looking after dat issue and keeping dossiers on dem.? horace james?

edit: it doh matter how much money he make off de tv rights...even if he make $1000..whey de $1000 gorne?
now you as ah big man know to advertise a product (as an example) 'SLIM's brainwash juice' in de papers or on de radio..is thousands of dollars right?...so it stands to reason that broadcasting a sporting event to homes all over the globe will garner millions of dollars right?.....or do you disagree and figure tv stations in south america pay $20,or $30 for the most part?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 09:14:39 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

I eh aks Diamondtrim to name dem...ah aks YOU!!...you is de man does tell people yuh want to see facts... now I aksin for facts yuh refer mih to KPMG..ah mean diamondtrim

with regard to every other football federation in the world runnin on private money....I surprise yuh eh know dat...they are all private entities...if government get too involved, FIFA has the right to cancel them

He doh have to ask osama...but private enterprise..corporate sponsors, aks yuh self why dey does shy away from de TTFF
I could care less about reggae boyz,,dat still is not money from the jamaican government..is TTFF we talkin bout here.
doh wait on diamondtrim to provide proof...whey your 'facts commin from?. Pull out de homework book
Name de teams!!
btw if TTFF did make some ah dat global tv money...why dey always claimin dey brokes and need taxpayers money?

Yuh still eh answer mih about the forieign trini coaches...who supposed to be looking after dat issue and keeping dossiers on dem.? horace james?

edit: it doh matter how much money he make off de tv rights...even if he make $1000..whey de $1000 gorne?
now you as ah big man know to advertise a product (as an example) 'SLIM's brainwash juice' in de papers or on de radio..is thousands of dollars right?...so it stands to reason that broadcasting a sporting event to homes all over the globe will garner millions of dollars right?.....or do you disagree and figure tv stations in south america pay $20,or $30 for the most part?

Oh gawd Dutty pardner, u ger-ing real Dirty with meh pardner.  'SLIM's brainwash juice' is ah good one, ah should patent that boy. But how ah coud be  brainwash when all i am stating is facts that anybody can actually confirm.  So as I said before ah black man kar make money now.  If JW was English he woud r be Knighted by now but he's only ah trini.

I surprise yuh eh know dat...they are all private entities...if government get too involved, FIFA has the right to cancel them  So what about the Ministry of Sports PNM offering the TTFA the stadium free for the England game.  If the TTFA had take, who was the money going to?  So wouldn't the Govt be involved?  Did the Govt help pay Benneker Salary?  U lost meh day bredder.

"If you think education is expensive try ignorance."

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Last I remember....de only kinda international success we had wit local coaches of any T&T teams was Bertille St Clair in 1989, Gally Cummings to some extent in 1989, and Anton Corneal in 2007.  St Clair with the U 19 team, Gally and the Strike Squad...and dependin on yuh perspective, dat was a moral success if not in reality, and Corneal with the U 17's.

Prior to that...our "successful teams" such as the Mt St Benedicts team were coached by Brunner and managed by Dom Basil Matthews both of whom were NOT sons of the soil.

The 73 team that got eliminated by haiti was coached by Englishman Kevin Verity.

The 2001 team that made it to the Hex was coached by the deceased Englishman Ian Porterfield and the Brazilian Rene Simoes

The Soca Warriors were coached by Dutchman Leo Beenhakker

A "local" coach has never qualified us for the Senior Men's World Cup Finals

Our "local" coaches as Touches mentioned hardly even get asked to coach our neighbours (except for Jamal with Guyana and I think Bertille may have been approached once by another territory)

As for the lyrics bout all who waste down Ato and Wendy.....how many were they in comparison to the THOUSANDS of locals who did exactly the opposite?

Who it is did ram out de airport when de Soca Warriors did qualify fuh de WC after beatin Bahrain?

Who it is did line de road from Piarco to Independence Sq and all points in between when Lara did bruk de world record?

Who it is did line up in hot sun to ketch a glimpse of Crawfie as he did pass by?

Who it is de same one's who does be accusin peeps of not lovin dey own does wasted down dem same people sayin dey does celebrate dem too much when dey achieve someting?

Allyuh does talk asetta fokeries when allyuh ready yes.

And den boleface to want to talk assholery bout mental slavery.  HAAMC!

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guys check the headline,this is not about home based local Coaches,we have had many discussions on those fellas in the past and i think we all agree that they not ready or up to it etc etc i agree with the views of Touches,Palos etc but when,how are our foreign based local Coaches that work with other countries national teams,top Colleges etc get a chance to work with one of our national teams?look at the US,foreign Coaches don't last no time with them they are always quick to go back to their own.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
how are our foreign based local Coaches that work with other countries national teams,top Colleges etc get a chance to work with one of our national teams?look at the US,foreign Coaches don't last no time with them they are always quick to go back to their own.

Because in order to get any National team wuk in T&T football, yuh have to be in Jack Warner good graces.  If yuh not, it doh matter who yuh is, what yuh do, whey yuh come from, or what yuh win.

And DAT is de GOD AWFUL TRUTE!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Oh gawd Dutty pardner, u ger-ing real Dirty with meh pardner.  'SLIM's brainwash juice' is ah good one, ah should patent that boy. But how ah coud be  brainwash when all i am stating is facts that anybody can actually confirm.  So as I said before ah black man kar make money now.  If JW was English he woud r be Knighted by now but he's only ah trini.

I surprise yuh eh know dat...they are all private entities...if government get too involved, FIFA has the right to cancel them 

So what about the Ministry of Sports PNM offering the TTFA the stadium free for the England game.  If the TTFA had take, who was the money going to?  So wouldn't the Govt be involved?  Did the Govt help pay Benneker Salary?  U lost meh day bredder.

Slimmyyy, slimmyyyyyy...how yuh movin left wit mih so? yuh movin like yuh hero jack...yuh aks ah question, trow some smoke and mirrors and talkin bout someting else.  yuh eh even go on de FIFA site lookin for the laws..because yuh woulda never aks about de free stadium ting.
Yuh waitin for somebody else to feed yuh de fax facts

Yuh talkin bout facts that anybody could confirm.....but yuh cyah give mih de name of ONE team yet....yuh still waitin on diamondSlim?

Slimmy, yuh see how yuh make de moderator cuss...yuh know de kinda energy required to get dem moderator vex boy...dem fellahs does never raise dey blood pressure.......ok except one who eh read de topic good  :D

Anyway...ah find yuh fact 'bible'
JACK WARNER
dong to the line about de 8 chairs de table & de $40,000 in de bank... turned global powerhouse that you and diamondslim always sproutin

dais it?...dais allyuh info?...everyting jack feed yuh, yuh eatin?
anyway if you want to get yuh eye dig out so "black man could make money"..go head, ...not me doh, I keepin my eye to see what really goin on

anyway back on topic..just ONE question fuh yuh...yuh type in big caps about the foreign based coaches..is you self create de topic...so who is responsible for sourcin dese foreign trini coaches...not yuh "genius "pardnah...so if none get hired or even ah interview...where de blame is to go? on de "JW cool aid drinkers on dis site"?

Okay to show how I willin to do some wukk for yuh...look yuh pardner JW say right here he goin and "pussonally" sponsor de Haiti u-17 team..so ah find one
SPONSOR

......lemmih get ah list of de next 9 teams nah?
call diamondslim on he celly and organize lil bit.

Is only facts and 1 question ah aksin whole day slimmy?...dat eh so hard is it?

aks somebody to facts yuh dis book when yuh heng up de phone..ah know yuh go read it right away  ::)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:51:21 PM by palos »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Comin back to local coaches success. Edgar vidale coached the 74 CAC team that won a silver medal.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
THE ANSWER IS YES ! WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET!

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Last I remember....de only kinda international success we had wit local coaches of any T&T teams was Bertille St Clair in 1989, Gally Cummings to some extent in 1989, and Anton Corneal in 2007.  St Clair with the U 19 team, Gally and the Strike Squad...and dependin on yuh perspective, dat was a moral success if not in reality, and Corneal with the U 17's.

Prior to that...our "successful teams" such as the Mt St Benedicts team were coached by Brunner and managed by Dom Basil Matthews both of whom were NOT sons of the soil.

The 73 team that got eliminated by haiti was coached by Englishman Kevin Verity.

The 2001 team that made it to the Hex was coached by the deceased Englishman Ian Porterfield and the Brazilian Rene Simoes

The Soca Warriors were coached by Dutchman Leo Beenhakker

A "local" coach has never qualified us for the Senior Men's World Cup Finals

Our "local" coaches as Touches mentioned hardly even get asked to coach our neighbours (except for Jamal with Guyana and I think Bertille may have been approached once by another territory)

As for the lyrics bout all who waste down Ato and Wendy.....how many were they in comparison to the THOUSANDS of locals who did exactly the opposite?

Who it is did ram out de airport when de Soca Warriors did qualify fuh de WC after beatin Bahrain?

Who it is did line de road from Piarco to Independence Sq and all points in between when Lara did bruk de world record?

Who it is did line up in hot sun to ketch a glimpse of Crawfie as he did pass by?

Who it is de same one's who does be accusin peeps of not lovin dey own does wasted down dem same people sayin dey does celebrate dem too much when dey achieve someting?

Allyuh does talk asetta fokeries when allyuh ready yes.

And den boleface to want to talk assholery bout mental slavery.  HAAMC!

My point is not local coaches.  Its Foreign Based Trinidadian Coaches.  I will never put local coaches in any significant category because they just cant get the experience needed coaching locally.

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Name de teams!!

Yuh still eh answer mih about the forieign trini coaches...who supposed to be looking after dat issue and keeping dossiers on dem.? horace james?  So Dutty, if the TTFA and JW not doing it, then it up to the foreign coaches to organize and do something about, which I believe some are in the process of doing.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I am loving this post because I am beginning to believe that maybe finally some of these foreign locals may just get a real opportunity to assist a country that they truly love and care about. I had a real conversation with one of these coaches just today and it was very refreshing to touch base with this brother. Right now he is one course away from having all the coaching certificates you could have in the US. In a few months time the brother getting ready to go and do his UEFA courses next as well as his EUFA pro license. If we all agree that the US have one of the best womens youth and senior programs in the world and this brother is a staff member responsible for evaluating, selecting and grooming the same talent that cut we arse going and coming then he should be able to handle he stories with the youth Trinidad and Tobago national team. How many Trinidad and Tobago nationals presently coaching youth national teams in the US? So they can at least reach out to this man and see where his thoughts are.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone who is competent qualified and committed to the cause should get an opportunity to interview for any coachiing job in Trinidad and Tobago.

Being a top coach in the United States is no guarantee that that such a person will be a success under the conditions our local coaches have to operate under. Both Alvin and Anton Corneal were good Coaches in North America and in my opinion are useful ,but by no means outstanding coaches.

I have observed Lincoln Phillips he appears to be an honourable man organized inhis trade but with no more football knowledge than many coaches in Trinidad and Tobago. In my opinion people such as Bertille St Clair, Hayden Martin, Dion LaFoucade,Gally Cummings and several others have enough competence to play a big role in developing our football. 

The issue is we have no systems and structures and our coaches are not used properly and given enough situations to develop. Being successful as a player or coach in North America is no indication of readiness to assist us. 

These people are usually organized and systematic but very often limited in scope and not adaptable to our conditions especially those who have been away a long time, I will continue to be in favour of developing our own competencies.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
FATMAN
I was looking forward to hearing someone make that point about being a  top notch coach in the us that means that you may not succeed at home. Limited in scope! He is far from that! Not adaptable to our conditions back home I would say that will not be an issue. My argument to that is at least lets find out. Trust meh this brother will be fine with just doing what he doing here in the US. I am looking forward to the day when he comes to Trinidad with a US TEAM and men start talking traitor talk. If you knew this brother like i knew you would think differently.
This is a man who does just come down trini with his college team and cut we arse coming and going. He understand the culture back home because the man does be in trini on a regular. The brother so humble he does just show up scope the scene and skate back to the US.
All I am saying is that these are the men who needs to get a look when we are talking about foreign nationals

But then who am I? Just a brother with a hole in a face right.  :) :)
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE ANSWER IS YES ! WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET!

Brilliant.

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
FATMAN
I was looking forward to hearing someone make that point about being a  top notch coach in the us that means that you may not succeed at home. Limited in scope! He is far from that! Not adaptable to our conditions back home I would say that will not be an issue. My argument to that is at least lets find out. Trust meh this brother will be fine with just doing what he doing here in the US. I am looking forward to the day when he comes to Trinidad with a US TEAM and men start talking traitor talk. If you knew this brother like i knew you would think differently.
This is a man who does just come down trini with his college team and cut we arse coming and going. He understand the culture back home because the man does be in trini on a regular. The brother so humble he does just show up scope the scene and skate back to the US.
All I am saying is that these are the men who needs to get a look when we are talking about foreign nationals

But then who am I? Just a brother with a hole in a face right.  :) :)

Nnyman, I am with you my brother and I am trying to do my part by bringing this issue to light.  I want thank Elan for bringing the two  trinis women's coaches at these colleges to my attention and I have already reached out to them to come on my radio show because more people need to know about the outstanding job these foreign Nationals are doing with women's soccer just like we have others doing with men's soccer.  I believe the more publicity these foreign national coaches get, it cannot hurt but will surely help.  Thanks again Elan.  Most people in this Forum may believe I am against improvement in T&T soccer, well that is far from the truth, but at the end of the day everyone involved with T&T soccer have to try their best to work together for the betterment of T&T soccer, just like they are doing today in T&T track and field.  We really have to take the TEAM concept to  higher level.
T-Together
E-Everyone
A-Achieves
M-More

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Yes

1]; } ?>