April 24, 2024, 07:25:02 PM

Author Topic: Barca Preseason thread  (Read 9424 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barca Preseason thread
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »
At 10.00 local time, Barça’s Tuesday morning training session in Scotland got under way, but the players were already out exercising before that.

Pep Guardiola wanted the players to get some fitness training in even before the session was scheduled to start. There was no transport laid on from the hotel to the practice ground – the players were ordered to run there! thats what we talking bout

30 non-stop minutes

Once at the training ground, Guardiola divided the players into three groups, who did circuits without the ball, working on fitness and changes of direction.

There was no time for rest between exercises, the players went straight on to the next item. That meant that for 30 minutes, Guardiola made sure his players never stopped moving.

With the ball

The players were then divided into two groups, and for 20 minutes tried to keep possession of the ball. The idea was to get the ball off the opposing side.

The last ten minutes involved medicinal balls, with which the players did sit-ups and similar exercises in a more unusual way to what they are used to.

Abidal missingÉric Abidal is having bother with his Achilles Heel in his left leg, and therefore might miss the late session. Eto'o, meanwhile, trained in isolation, because he has hurt his right thigh, and Oleguer also worked out alone having slightly hurt the quadriceps in his left leg.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:24:43 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barca Preseason thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »
Cant wait to see the team put out tommrrow for thier first pre-season game....
I think we still need one more strikers at barcaelona tho then i would be satisfyed with the team list.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »
Check Messi raising a medicine ball on the ground.

Swiss ball not a Medicine ball.

if he try to raise a medicine ball he might had to buy a new ankle and some metatarsal bone

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »
Glad 2 c u still wit Barca minus d R fella
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
Alves' Diary (II)www.fcbarcelona.cat

In the second instalment of his diary, Dani Alves talks about the expectancy that surrounds Barça and about the importance of working hard in pre-season in order to benefit later in the year.

"Hello again,

We are now almost halfway through our stay at St Andrews and one of the most different things I have found until now has been the expectancy that Barça creates among the public and the media. It reminds me of the trips I have made with the Brazilian national team when we went to Teresópolis. There we also sign in a rural setting and also a lot of press people come out and follow us. I understand that it is normal that so many people re interested in what goes on in and around a club the size of Barça.

I also felt a difference when we arrived in Edinburgh on Monday. At the airport we were met by over 100 Scottish supporters. When we used to travel with Sevilla we would be met by a lot of fans for games in the league and the Copa del Rey, but I never saw it when we travelled for international games like this.

Aside from that, I am pleased because on Tuesday Xavi, Xandrés Iniesta and Carles Puyol joined us in the afternoon. Apart from being three very important players in the team, I have always considered them to be gentleman of football for their behaviour both on and off the pitch and the way they play. Also, now we are all together here. Now we can all train together and start to know each other and create an understanding on the field, which is vital.

When Joaquín Caparrós was my coach at Sevilla, I remember him always telling us that it was very important that all the players were like family on the pitch. That means that we have to know each other very well and from then on we can feel confident in a team-mate or vice versa and can understand what we have to do and connect better. We will all begin to see the game i the same way then. This can only be achieved by implementing it in training a lot though. I always say that now is the time of year when we have to suffer and then later on we can have some fun because working with an extra intensity now reaps long-term benefits.

In the next instalment of my diary I will tell you about the build-up t our first friendly game and let you know what I am expecting from my first game for Barça.

Hasta mañana”
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 04:35:37 PM »
Check Messi raising a medicine ball on the ground.

Swiss ball not a Medicine ball.

if he try to raise a medicine ball he might had to buy a new ankle and some metatarsal bone

Disgruntled, ah wouldn't lie nah, yuh does kill meh  :rotfl:, wid dem pics yuh does put up all de time. Each time we see yuh name, we does say oh boi, let us see what Disgruntled post up now  ;D. Yuh have yuh own style just like Supa, when it come tuh post. Large up yuh self boss, well at least we both like at least one thing. Cuz we doh ever and will never agree on de Stern subject, cuz dat is meh boi and yuh doh like his style of playing  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Wade and Beasley - De real deal
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 06:32:12 PM »
Pre-season friendly won 6-0. about 20 men played subsitutes...

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 07:14:46 PM »
First test overcome in style (0-6)

Roger Bogunyà

FC Barcelona cruised to victory in the first game of the preseason. Goals from Gudjohnsen (2), Messi, Pedrito, Bojan and Touré Yaya made it 6-0 in a game that saw all five of the new signings make their debuts.

Barça’s first fixture under Guardiola promised there could be big things ahead of us this season. Barça were clearly the better side for all 90 minutes of their game with Scottish Premier League outfit Hibernian FC. All five of the new signings got their moment, and the team played from start to finish at a frenetic pace, and made it look all too easy as such constant pressure was converted into six goals, scored by Gudjohnsen (2), Messi, Pedrito, Bojan and Touré Yaya.

Gudjohnsen scores first of preseason

Right from the start, it was evident that there was a huge gap between these two sides, and that with this being Barça’s first game after the summer, while Hibernian are already well into their stride. Barça enclosed the Scots in their area, and were already ahead before the first five minutes were up, all thanks to a powerful drive from Gudjohnsen on the edge of the area.

Total domination

Once Barça had scored, they looked even more superior. Guardiola’s side showed that this season they intent to pile the pressure on their opponents and stole ball after ball in the Hibs half. Such superiority soon led to chances for Henry and Messi, and the second goal did not take long in coming, the work of the Argentinian ace, who sent the ball into the home net thanks to a strike from a narrow angle (min 15).

0-3 and 0-4

The third and fourth goals followed soon after. Gudjohnsen took advantage of a deflected clearance from Hogg to catch the keeper out of position (min 18). That was two for the Icelander, and moments later Barça were four up, thanks to an accurately placed long-range effort from Pedro. Hibernian FC failed to cause any serious troubles for Barça in the entire first half, rarely crossing the half way line, and the first forty five minutes ended with things at 4-0.

Six changes and more goals

Guardiola changed half his team for the second half, sending on Pinto, Cáceres, Touré, Abraham, Jeffren and Bojan. Crosas had already come on late in the first half. It may have been a different eleven, but it was more of the same at Murrayfield, and FC Barcelona scored their fifth after an excellent individual run from Jeffren, followed by a cross that Bojan converted into a goal. The former B team player was one of the outstanding players of the second half, making penetrating run after penetrating run down his wing.

The sixth goal was almost a carbon copy of the fifth, with Jeffren making another storming run down the right, this time finding Touré Yaya, who scored. It was Barça all the way, but with Keita, Hleb and Eto'o together on the pitch, the seventh goal just did not want to come.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 07:30:00 PM by freakazoid »

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 07:26:13 PM »
ah must say to see alves and messi attacking u on the same flank can be head acche 4 any team

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barcelona crush Hibs 6-0 in Guardiola debut
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 12:15:57 PM »
New coach Pep Guardiola led Barcelona to a 6-0 friendly win over Scottish side Hibs here Thursday in his first match since taking over the Spanish side in June.

Former Chelsea forward Eidur Gudjohnsen opened the scoring after just five minutes with a well-placed shot from the edge of the area following a failed attempt by Hibs defender Chris Hogg to clear the zone.

Argentina's Lionel Messi added a second 11 minutes later after cutting to the front and shooting past keeper Andrew McNeil.

Gudjohnsen scored his second goal of the evening two minutes later and Pedro scored the fourth goal of the first half in the 28th minute after being set up by Messi.

The Argentine, who Barcelona are refusing to allow to represent his country at the Olympics so he can take part in early Champions League matches, slotted the ball home again in the 38th minute but the referee ruled he was offside.

The visitors continued to press during the second half with a goal by Bojan from close range just four minutes after the restart of the match.

Yaya Toure completed an easy victory for Barcelona in the 67th minute shortly after Samuel Eto'o and new recruits Alekandr Hleb and Seydou Keita came on as substitutes.

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »
Xavi: "The level of demand is very high"

Marc Guillén

Xavi Hernández joined the FC Barcelona squad in Scotland on Tuesday and has discovered that the team's system of play has been maintained but modernised by new coach Pep Guardiola because he has paid more attention to the details.

The Catalan midfielder enjoyed his first training session in midweek and has already had a taste of what is expected this term by the new coaching staff. "The level of demand is very high this season," he commented.

Same ideology

"Many things have changed this season with the change of coach being a big thing and means we work in a different way," he continued. "Despite the fact that the ideology is the same in regard to the style of play, the philosophy of training and gameplay is different. It is a more modern method that takes a lot more care of the details, which is good because the details are what makes the difference."

Free-kicks

entreno25071_x8x.jpgWhen asked about who would become the free-kick taker in the team following the departure of Ronaldinho to Milan, Xavi said that he felt there were a number of players capable of doing that. "There are quite a few players qualified for it, for instance myself and Dani Alves can both take them," he stated. "It is something to talk to the coach about. It is still very soon, but we will see how things go. It is important though because historically Barça has scored a lot of goals from free-kicks."

Messi and the Olympics

Xavi would not be drawn on whether Lionel Messi should or should not go to the Olympic Games in Beijing and instead praised his team-mate. "It is very important for him to have a good pre-season before a campaign that will be very long," he explained. "To play in the Olympics is interesting, but the team also need him. It depends a bit on the player, on the Argentinian Football Association and on the club. If I were him I would do what my heart told me."

True professional

Samuel Eto'o is with the squad in Scotland and Xavi is pleased to see the striker still with the club. "I think he is doing well and working hard," he said. "His case also depends upon himself and the club and what they want to do. He is a player that can make the difference in a game and is always very good, even after his injuries. For us he is a very important player and an example of professionalism.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barcelona crush Hibs 6-0 in Guardiola debut
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
disgruntled.. i was in edinburgh last night....we had a gig there..it was amazing to see thousands of green clad hibs fans going to the game...real football culture.. i saw some on the tv at the venue...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 01:10:27 PM »
Barca beat Dundee 5-1 today , Messi came on n the second half and scored a hat-trick , Eto and Henry scored one each.

6-0 and 5-1 without Xaxi , Iniestia an Puyol   :-\

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 01:54:43 PM »
Barca beat Dundee 5-1 today , Messi came on n the second half and scored a hat-trick , Eto and Henry scored one each.

Messi Hatrick -warning the music is a little disturbing.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »

:o

messi nearly buss de defender scrotum with that 3rd goal yes...   :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »

haha disturbing lol....  big band boy... limp bizkit in the house yall

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 06:51:47 AM »
Video to correct and motivate

Marc Guillén

There have been many changes since Josep Guardiola took over and one of these is the creation of a new department that uses video to analyse training sessions and opponents.

The new department of Scouting and Audiovisuals formed by Domènec Torrent and Carles Planchart will be in charge of recording all the first team games and some training sessions to show the players everything they need to correct or improve. This will give the players the motivation to keep developing and correcting their own errors. For a picture is often worth a thousand words.

Wide angle recordings

The Barça staff will record all of the games with their own cameras because they want pictures of the games that show every detail of the pitch, from the defence up to the last striker. To analyse the tactical movements of all of the players, television broadcasts do not offer everything that is needed, as they tend just to close in on the action around the ball using many close up shots.

Training and opposition

QM3D3085.jpgAs well as first team games, the department will also be asked to produce recordings of training sessions and recent games involving the sides Barça are due to play.

Normally, Domènec Torrent and Carles will be getting other people to do this, because at the weekend they will be busy with their scouting duties. But for some games, especially those in the Champions League, they will be travelling to see the games live.

Games dissected to seven minutes

cosas_06.jpgThroughout the week, the department will be repeatedly showing the Barça game and images of forthcoming opponents, highlighting anything that might be of interest, such as errors made by the players or details about the opposition that will need to be dealt with.

The duo will work with Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova to edit the video down to a maximum of seven minutes, picking out the most interesting or illustrative moments for the players.

A popular system

The use of video to analyse one’s own team and opponents is new at Barça, but is already common practice among Italian and English clubs. Meanwhile, in other sports like basketball, video has been used in this way for several years.

For example, this system is especially interesting for explaining tactical concepts to injured players that have missed training sessions, and can also help new arrivals to adapt more easily to a new style of play

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 10:46:21 AM »
Touré senses concentration and unity
Berta Brau

The Ivorian is happy with the way the preparations have gone so far and claims the team has the same objectives as last year. On a personal note, he claims to 100 per cent at the best of his abilities.

Now speaking Spanish better than ever, Touré Yaya has spoken to the media, saying the team is “concentrated and united and ready to win all the trophies possible … it is important for our behaviour to be good, to be disciplined and to work intensely”.

Full strength

The African went on to say that he is 100 per cent fit. “I am feeling fine and working at the full rate. Truth is, it’s all going really well with the boss and my team mates.” Asked if, as he was feeling so much better, we can now expect him to shoot more, Touré replied “I am slowly recovering, because with my bad back it was so much harder. But my main role is in midfield, helping the midfielders in front of me and the defence.” Nevertheless he did promise that we will be seeing a little bit more of his shooting prowess this term.

Complete squad

How would he rate this squad, assuming there are no more recruitments? Touré is happy as things are, saying “we have a top quality squad right now, we have made some great signings and, with a long season ahead, with them everything will work out fine”.

He has also been impressed with the reserves that have been joining them in training, saying “there are very young players and three or four of them are top quality, for example Sergi Busquets, Pedro and Víctor. I think it would be nice if they could stay with us because they can help the team a lot.”

Eto'o, professional and positive

Touré had no qualms about discussing the Samuel Eto'o issue, commenting that “he’s got a lot of character and we want to have him with us … He is going through a difficult period, but he is a very positive person and is acting very professionally”. Touré also said it is also worth considering the fine statistics Eto'o posted last season.

Leo Messi

The Ivorian had similar things to say about Leo Messi, who he knows is in “a difficult situation because the club needs him but so does Argentina. Being selfish, I’d like him to stay with us and be able to play in the Champions League qualifier”.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 10:52:47 AM »
The summer saga of Samuel Eto'o continues. Today Joan Laporta admitted there was still a possibility that Eto'o could stay at Barça. Laporta said that "Samuel's case is not irrevesible" despite the fact that Pep Guardiola has stated that Eto'o does not enter in his plans. Due to Eto'o's high wage demands he is not receiving many firm offers from other clubs despite interest from most of the top clubs in Europe.

Reports suggest that Eto'o is giving everything in training and his performance against Dundee United in Saturday's 1-5 win shows he is in good form. Eto'o may be a difficult character who occasionally causes problems for team unity; however, given the options of Adebayor, Drogba or our very own Thierry Henry for the number 9 position this season I have to say that Eto'o is better than all of them. Pep Guardiola should be talking to the player to find out if he is interested in staying. We all know the player was upset by the boos from his own fans at the end of last season, but hopefully he can realise that it was only a minority and that most of us love him. There could be no better "signing" this summer.

source ..barca blog

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 02:30:36 PM »

anybody realise that Messi wearing the captain's armband

Yeah...Puyol, Marquez & Xavi musta been off the field....(my guess)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 06:50:13 AM »
Barça are standing firm in their attempt to keep hold of Leo Messi for the Champions League qualifying round and have named him in the squad for the mini tour of Italy and the USA. Fifa have delayed their decision on the case until tomorrow but even if they dictate that Messi must be freed to play in Beijing's Olympic Games, Barça have declared their intention to appeal the decision which could delay any final decision until it is too late.

Barça have been attempting to reach an agreement with the Argentine Football Association by which Messi could play for Barça on August 12/13 and then fly out to China to join the Argentina squad in time for the Olympic quarter finals. Barça's stance has caused protest outside the Spanish Embassy in Buenas Aires

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »
Barça are standing firm in their attempt to keep hold of Leo Messi for the Champions League qualifying round and have named him in the squad for the mini tour of Italy and the USA. Fifa have delayed their decision on the case until tomorrow but even if they dictate that Messi must be freed to play in Beijing's Olympic Games, Barça have declared their intention to appeal the decision which could delay any final decision until it is too late.

Barça have been attempting to reach an agreement with the Argentine Football Association by which Messi could play for Barça on August 12/13 and then fly out to China to join the Argentina squad in time for the Olympic quarter finals. Barça's stance has caused protest outside the Spanish Embassy in Buenas Aires

How is Barca being allowed to do this? Aren't clubs mandated by FIFA to release their U-23 players?  Where is the controversy?  I thought it was a cut & dry ruling.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 01:42:17 PM »

How is Barca being allowed to do this? Aren't clubs mandated by FIFA to release their U-23 players?  Where is the controversy?  I thought it was a cut & dry ruling.

The irony of it all is same Barca will be sending scouts to the Olympics to check for new talent

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 09:15:08 PM »
fc barcalona vs fiorentina 3-1

Fiorentina: Frey (Storari 71); Zauri (Gobbi 56), Gamberini (Da Costa 66), Kroldrup, Pasqual (Osvaldo 56); Santana, Kuzmanovic, Felipe Melo, Donadel (Waigo 56); Gilardino (Pazzini 56), Mutu (Jovetic 56).

Barcelona: Valdés; Alves (Víctor Sánchez 76), Piqué, Puyol (Cáceres 46), Abidal (Sylvinho 46); Xavi (Busquets 46), Keita (Gudjohnsen 61), Touré (Víctor Vázquez 61), Iniesta (Jeffren 39 (Marc Crosas 76)); Pedrito (Bojan 46), Messi (Hleb 67).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:19:28 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 05:04:47 AM »
jah gol u wuking

1]; } ?>