March 28, 2024, 12:19:54 PM

Author Topic: The GOOD things Jack Warner has done for T&T Football  (Read 11323 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
The GOOD things Jack Warner has done for T&T Football
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:33:57 PM »
Please list them here. 

THE GOOD THINGS ONLY....PLEASE PEOPLE!  Doh trip ova allyuhself rushin to post!

No setta explanation and explashiatin necessary.  Jes to de point.

Thanks.  Ah go start it off.

1 -
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The GOOD things Jack Warner has done for T&T Football
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »
the cfu u15....  i mentioned that during the 1st tournament

concacf 3 1/2 spots
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:37:25 PM »
2. He has opened my eyes to the fact that money suckin vampires are people too

3. He does pay SLIM mortgage on time every month

4. He has um...uh,,well he um..........
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »
the cfu u15....  i mentioned that during the 1st tournament

concacf 3 1/2 spots

This is good for the region.. not really TNT specific... same with the CFU

but we'll allow it.. job well done here.

Also weren't there youth tornaments years before? what happened in between? Just playing devil's advocate.. I see plenty of dem around these days...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 03:44:53 PM »
 He keeps this site lively on a very SLOW day  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »
dutty say d man open he eyes.........   :rotfl:
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »
5. Tief plenty FIFA money for CONCACAF initiatives and re-route it to himself then to Trinidad & Tobago football initiatives

6. Flex he muscles and get the rhythm section in the stadium in Bahrain.

7. Marvin Lee

8. U-17 World Cup

9. Bring England and Becks here (especially incl. the sessions for the youths)

10. Convince Latas and Yorke to come out of retirement and take us to a World Cup.

11. Bring down some best coach like Beenhakker.

12. Highest ranking official ever in FIFA that this country has produced.

13. Brought us recognition on the global football stage.

14. Lobbied for extra places for CONCACAF and gave us a shot to squeeze in Germany. Doh feel them extra spots was an automatic guarantee for us when the World Cup team pool increased if we didn't have a powerhouse on board. Africa, Europe, South America and Oceania all have arguable more legitimate claims to a spot than CONCACAF does.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »
ah disagree with yuh # 10 omar.

st clair get yorke back then yorke get latas to come bac

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
i'm amazed SLIM wasn't d first to respond to dis post.  ::)

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 04:00:27 PM »
18. Drives the most beautiful Porsche 911 Turbo past schoolboys on a daily basis, so that they, will one day have powerful incentive to aspire to unethical business dealings
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »
Please list them here. 

THE GOOD THINGS ONLY....PLEASE PEOPLE!  Doh trip ova allyuhself rushin to post!

No setta explanation and explashiatin necessary.  Jes to de point.

Thanks.  Ah go start it off.

1 -
wha happen Palos?
ya lorse current as you type the "1 -" or wha? ;D

he has made all kinds of money off "TnT" Football
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 04:07:36 PM »

Dat wasn't Jack altho he did go along with the final recommendation.

Jack was poised to bring een Ron Atkinson until he was strongly overruled by Yorke & Shaka especially.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
wha happen Palos?
ya lorse current as you type the "1 -" or wha? ;D

Ah still colleckin meh torts... :angel:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 04:09:54 PM »

Jack was poised to bring een Ron Atkinson until he was strongly overruled by Yorke & Shaka especially.

11. Listen to the advice of Yorke and Shaka and bring down Beenhakker instead of Atkinson.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

11. Listen to the advice of Yorke and Shaka and bring down Beenhakker instead of Atkinson.

:rotfl:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
15. Brought sexy back

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »
15. Brought sexy back

ooooh yeaaaa! :-*
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 04:25:15 PM »
5. Tief plenty FIFA money for CONCACAF initiatives and re-route it to himself then to Trinidad & Tobago football initiatives

You consider this good? which football initiatives? who benefited most?

I don't think this deserve to be here... instead you should have pointed out that he organize Woodbrook Playboys to travel all over with the team

7. Marvin Lee

This was quite gracious of him. kudos

8. U-17 World Cup

Great.. but then who really benefited most. Plagued by mismanagement and corruption... was this really a success? what happen with our team preparation? why did simoes have to come in at de last minute?

Great.. but are you happy in the manner in which they came? what about running a federation that easily attracts a high level of opposition on a regular basis? what about planning friendlies in a professional way so we not playing Guyana and WASA at de last minute? What about all de mother of friendlies we was supposed to get? Why should de England game be a once in a lifetime? Poor Touches and dem suffering and hurting dey eyes right through...

10. Convince Latas and Yorke to come out of retirement and take us to a World Cup.

Ah go address this later

What about all de coaches before? all those who get hired and fired? who wasn't paid. Not to mention Beenhakker was recommended by Nakhid and Lincoln. (you forget Jack get Nakhid outta Jail). But this point is all about WE GET TO A WORLD CUP.. will be addressed later.

Jack in charge since before the rankings... so of course we would have the highest ranking under his watch... he has also presided over our lowest rankings... ironically just two years after our supposed crowning glory.

WE REACH A WORLD CUP HOORAY...

plain and simple we was lucky. before beenie come and for a good while after everybody was looking forward to 2010... we have not improved from 4 years ago and we had not improved from four years before that and so on... we have been plagued by mismanagement.. corruption... nepotism and short-sightedness.. Are we glad to have made a World Cup once... or do we plan to be world beaters and regional powerhouses? The sad thing is CONCACAF is not a very strong region after US/MEX.. just take a look at Jamaica's rise and fall... Panama as well... it doesn't take much to get to the top... and even less to fall behind... thats why we must be world class in our approach, preparation and administration.. so we can be world class on de field... that way WC qualification will not be a flash in de pan... but something we can enjoy regularly.

14. Lobbied for extra places for CONCACAF and gave us a shot to squeeze in Germany. Doh feel them extra spots was an automatic guarantee for us when the World Cup team pool increased if we didn't have a powerhouse on board. Africa, Europe, South America and Oceania all have arguable more legitimate claims to a spot than CONCACAF does.

Again this is good for the region.. not really TNT specific... but job well done here... but who is to say another president would not have won those spots? Isn't the president's job to act in the best interests of the region. We will never know.. so Jack well done. We have benefited... Jamaica has benefited so too has Costa Rica and maybe Haiti and others in de future.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:28:34 PM by FF »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:19 PM »
No. 15 is de best  :rotfl:

Jack for Life boy!!!  :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 04:38:35 PM »

You consider this good? which football initiatives? who benefited most?

I don't think this deserve to be here... instead you should have pointed out that he organize Woodbrook Playboys to travel all over with the team

7. Marvin Lee

This was quite gracious of him. kudos

8. U-17 World Cup

Great.. but then who really benefited most. Plagued by mismanagement and corruption... was this really a success? what happen with our team preparation? why did simoes have to come in at de last minute?

Great.. but are you happy in the manner in which they came? what about running a federation that easily attracts a high level of opposition on a regular basis? what about planning friendlies in a professional way so we not playing Guyana and WASA at de last minute? What about all de mother of friendlies we was supposed to get? Why should de England game be a once in a lifetime? Poor Touches and dem suffering and hurting dey eyes right through...

Ah go address this later

What about all de coaches before? all those who get hired and fired? who wasn't paid. Not to mention Beenhakker was recommended by Nakhid and Lincoln. (you forget Jack get Nakhid outta Jail). But this point is all about WE GET TO A WORLD CUP.. will be addressed later.

Jack in charge since before the rankings... so of course we would have the highest ranking under his watch... he has also presided over our lowest rankings... ironically just two years after our supposed crowning glory.

WE REACH A WORLD CUP HOORAY...

plain and simple we was lucky. before beenie come and for a good while after everybody was looking forward to 2010... we have not improved from 4 years ago and we had not improved from four years before that and so on... we have been plagued by mismanagement.. corruption... nepotism and short-sightedness.. Are we glad to have made a World Cup once... or do we plan to be world beaters and regional powerhouses? The sad thing is CONCACAF is not a very strong region after US/MEX.. just take a look at Jamaica's rise and fall... Panama as well... it doesn't take much to get to the top... and even less to fall behind... thats why we must be world class in our approach, preparation and administration.. so we can be world class on de field... that way WC qualification will not be a flash in de pan... but something we can enjoy regularly.

Again this is good for the region.. not really TNT specific... but job well done here... but who is to say another president would not have won those spots? Isn't the president's job to act in the best interests of the region. We will never know.. so Jack well done. We have benefited... Jamaica has benefited so too has Costa Rica and maybe Haiti and others in de future.

FF, instead of replying to each of your responses, I will simply say this..

The thread asked about what good has Jack done for football and I listed some things. Nothing more, nothing less.

But its all a matter of perspective. You choose to look meticulously at every achievement and take the shine off of it by going into who benefit more from what (eg. FIFA money/U17 World Cup), which achievements you chalk down to luck (World Cup   ???) , the political motivation behind some of the achievements (England game) etc etc, then power to you.

Another person could look at the same list and say that he put the measures in place to make things happen here that would never have been possible if it wasn't for him, or that he played the corrupt political game to our benefit etc and laud him for that... then power to them.

all a matter of perspective my brother.

PS: my highest ranking point #12 was not T&T's ranking, it was Jack being the highest ranking official at FIFA.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 04:44:54 PM »

The thread asked about what good has Jack done for football and I listed some things. Nothing more, nothing less.

But its all a matter of perspective. You choose to look meticulously at every achievement and take the shine off of it by going into who benefit more from what (eg. FIFA money/U17 World Cup), which achievements you chalk down to luck (World Cup   ???) , the political motivation behind some of the achievements (England game) etc etc, then power to you.

Another person could look at the same list and say that he put the measures in place to make things happen here that would never have been possible if it wasn't for him, or that he played the corrupt political game to our benefit etc and laud him for that... then power to them.

PS: my highest ranking point #12 was not T&T's ranking, it was Jack being the highest ranking official at FIFA.

Well ah thought we was discussing.. plenty man spinning all kinda ting Jack do... so I thought I would join de fun...

My bad on de ranking piece... kudos to him for having de drive to reach so far... plenty men ent have dat kinda belly...

I just give my opinion on some of dem points... I also add some for you on de positive side (trying not to drink de kool-aid and be objective nah) ...

but my opinion is just like my asshole... is mine and everybody have one..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »

Well ah thought we was discussing.. plenty man spinning all kinda ting Jack do... so I thought I would join de fun...

My bad on de ranking piece... kudos to him for having de drive to reach so far... plenty men ent have dat kinda belly...

I just give my opinion on some of dem points... I also add some for you on de positive side (trying not to drink de kool-aid and be objective nah) ...

you say plenty man spinning all kinda ting Jack do to turn it into a positive..

But when Jack offer to finance the Haitian football program, and then man come and spin it immediately by saying he for sure he hadda be doing it for corrupt purposes or it must have some nefarious motives behind it all, no one does question that here or call that spinning ting Jack do. No one go even bat ah eyelid.

I eh blinding myself or falling into ah brainwash.

I could write ah 100 point list of de SHIT dat jack do and discuss solutions and alternatives to the wreckage that our football has become.. but that dont mean I eh seeing de 20 point list of the good things.

People seem to forget that FIFA AND BY EXTENSION FOOTBALL IS A CORRUPT ORGANIZATION. Jack is a part of that and he is playing the FIFA political game and playing it well. We are supporters of an innately corrupt sport!

allyuh stay dey and feel any moral and ethical figurehead would be able to wield de same kinda clout and attain the same kinda achievements that he did for us without falling into that political arena and all that comes with it.

Question: Where de honest men like Michael Zen Ruffinen now?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
Ah feel if somebody say 1 + 1 = 2, Omar go argue and say "NAH...is 11"...and tell we why too!  ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »
I could write ah 100 point list of de SHIT dat jack do and discuss solutions and alternatives to the wreckage that our football has become.. but that dont mean I eh seeing de 20 point list of the good things.

People seem to forget that FIFA AND BY EXTENSION FOOTBALL IS A CORRUPT ORGANIZATION. Jack is a part of that and he is playing the FIFA political game and playing it well. We are supporters of an innately corrupt sport!

allyuh stay dey and feel any moral and ethical figurehead would be able to wield de same kinda clout and attain the same kinda achievements that he did for us without falling into that political arena and all that comes with it.

very good points

and to add
FIFA, and for us Jack, is not about national football. it is a business and is operated accordingly.

If FIFA was to say that Governments were to operate their football programs, then THAT would be something. Until then it is a franchise operated by Jack.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »

you say plenty man spinning all kinda ting Jack do to turn it into a positive..

But when Jack offer to finance the Haitian football program, and then man come and spin it immediately by saying he for sure he hadda be doing it for corrupt purposes or it must have some nefarious motives behind it all, no one does question that here or call that spinning ting Jack do. No one go even bat ah eyelid.

I eh blinding myself or falling into ah brainwash.

Do we really need a big strong champion battling it out in de arena of corruption and bobol in our name to be a success on de football field?

I say no. Not necessary at all... maybe I just holier than thou... but I expect more, integrity is part of success too.

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »

Dirty ah like your number2 pardner.
"If you think education is expensive try ignorance."

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 05:46:06 PM »

Jack Austin Warner receives 2006 Republic Day Award

Jack Austin Warner, President of CONCACAF and Vice President of football’s world governing body FIFA was presented with the prestigious 2006 Republic Day Award from His Excellency Professor George Maxwell Richards at President House on Republic Day,September 24.
Warner , dubbed “Mr. Football” in Trinidad and Tobago, was named as the recipient of the award for long, outstanding and meritorious contribution to national development in the area of football.

Brazil, one of the world’s top football nations recognised the FIFA Vice President in 2005 while the Commonwealth Sports Foundation presented him with a lifetime award in 2001.Jack Warner also received Peru’s highest award in 2005 while Jamaica made him an honorary citizen in 1998 – the same year that the Reggae Boys made it to the World Cup Finals.

Warner, who is well known as a shrewd and tough administrator, was selected for the Republic Day Award not by just five or six people sitting on a committee but by a wide cross section of citizens.. Over 1000 people were asked to name a person they felt contributed the most to the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors qualifying for the World Cup Finals in Germany and Warner came out on top.
People felt that Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhacker along with Dwight York and members of the Soca Warriors deserved the award but none came close to Jack Warner’s popularity in the Republic Day Award Committee’ Poll.

He is considered a national hero by many Trinidad and Tobago citizens and for this reason they believe he should be appropriately honored for his long and meritorious service to Trinidad and Tobago’s football. Trinidad and Tobago’s Captain Dwight Yorke said: “It was on Jack’s shoulders that we made it to the World Cup Finals. Without him,” added Yorke, “it would never have been possible.”
Jack Warner has helped his country outside the football arena. Many still remember that when the youthful Miss Universe 1998 Wendy Fitzwilliam was desperately seeking a sponsor for the trip to the international pageant in Hawaii, Warner quietly purchased a first class ticket for her. That he is always wiling to lend a helping hand to the youth stems from Warner's own struggles growing up in Rio Claro and Longdenville, Chaguanas.

Indeed, his own ascendancy from “Zero to Hero” was not an easy climb for the FIFA Vice President who once cut cane in Central Trinidad to help out at home. "We were poor, very poor. I used to cut cane, look after pigs, and walk six miles to and from school. Those were tough times," recalls the Presentation College, Chaguanas graduate who is today an astute and successful businessman.

Warner is a graduate of the University of the West Indies in history and sociology and served as a teacher in Trinidad for 23 years. He also served at one time as a Special Reserve Police (SRP).

Even though he was not awarded a national medal by the present government befitting his contribution, Jack Austin Warner, deputy political leader of the main opposition party in the country, stated that he felt vindicated by the Republic Day Award which he received from the President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago Professor George Maxwell Richards.

The Republic Day Award is given to a great national achiever and is in keeping with Trinidad and Tobago’s status as a Republic.

Other recipients of the Award:
Roman Catholic Archbishop His Grace Anthony Pantin, Former Governor-General and President Sir Ellis Clarke, Educator Dr.Anna Mahase, Servol Chairman Fr.Gerard Pantin, Former President and First Lady, Justice Noor M. Hassanali and Mrs. Zalayhar Hassanali, Catholic News Editor Fr.Michel de Verteuil, West Indies Fast Bowler Courtney Walsh, President ANR. Robinson.

I rest my case.
"If you think education is expensive try ignorance."

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 06:36:53 PM »
Jack was instrumental in citing the need for a professional football league inT&T. He also came up with some good initiatives for youth football like the CFU tournament and putting the U-20s into the super league.  He also put in some good infrastructure in the form of stadia and coaching and certification to go along with it. I don't count personal favours to players, coaches and associated personnell as good things, they are not part of the job description and are not neccessarily of benefit to football as a whole. That is similar to the way organized crime operates to gain favour in the same communities that they run roughshod over.

The problem is that while you can argue JW is a competent CONCACAF administrator, its his maliciousness toward the WC players, the ticket scandals, his stranglehold on the TTFF and the puppet-like behaviour of Camps et al that does bother me the most.

For a fella as sharp and talented as Warner you would really expect a much stronger  organizational culture than TTFF.

So whats next....a thread on all the great things Oliver Camps do for Trinidad football?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 06:40:06 PM »
22. Most people are unaware that after paying for Wendy Fitzwilliam's 1st class ticket , he also hired a coach to teach Wendy how to hit a proper freekick from outside the box.

1]; } ?>