March 28, 2024, 09:17:25 AM

Author Topic: The GOOD things Jack Warner has done for T&T Football  (Read 11322 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The GOOD things Jack Warner has done for T&T Football
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »
Zandolie,
               I agree with your comment. The part about Jack instrumental in the citing of a proleague is true. But there was a fledging proleague in the late 70's/80's. He was  instumental in killing that league. I wa tiold that the support was very good. We did not have fancy stadiums, but on a Friday night you use to get big crowds. JW saw that as a threat and destroy that league. Coops can give the inside story about the league. He played and coached in it.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »
Zandolie,
               I agree with your comment. The part about Jack instrumental in the citing of a proleague is true. But there was a fledging proleague in the late 70's/80's. He was  instumental in killing that league. I wa tiold that the support was very good. We did not have fancy stadiums, but on a Friday night you use to get big crowds. JW saw that as a threat and destroy that league. Coops can give the inside story about the league. He played and coached in it.

I remember those days and all the pressure Arthur Suite get from Jack and company. In fact I remember when a good college league match used to ram up the Oval, with almost the same kind of crowds that the WI team used to pull.

But I'm trying to say something good about Mr. Warner.  :devil:  Almost like keeping a smile on your face after a car run over your leg

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 07:07:08 PM »
He gave me $300,000 dollars because I asked for it.  Oh sorry, ah dose off they... My bad, ah wish he gives me $300,000 dallars :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »
For a fella as sharp and talented as Warner you would really expect a much stronger  organizational culture than TTFF.
Ya know Zandoh,
Of all the negative things said about Jack, yours is the MOST damning and revealing
VERY SAD indeed.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »
So whats next....a thread on all the great things Oliver Camps do for Trinidad football?

I eh know if dis site could handle invisible postings.  But Flex or Tallman could confirm.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »
For a fella as sharp and talented as Warner you would really expect a much stronger  organizational culture than TTFF.
Ya know Zandoh,
Of all the negative things said about Jack, yours is the MOST damning and revealing
VERY SAD indeed.

Welcome back WestCoast.  :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 07:44:28 PM »
Ah feel if somebody say 1 + 1 = 2, Omar go argue and say "NAH...is 11"...and tell we why too!  ;D

lol.. doh study me, no football on tv and i idle..

2 more weeks..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »
Ah feel if somebody say 1 + 1 = 2, Omar go argue and say "NAH...is 11"...and tell we why too!  ;D

lol.. doh study me, no football on tv and i idle..

2 more weeks..

TRUE DAT!!  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »
I once heard that in order to host the U-17 WC we needed to have a Pro league in place, hence the quick transition from semi pro to pro. The transition I believe was made under some protest from many quarter who believed at the time T&T was not ready or had the resources to maintain a  proper pro league.
Tell me if I talking mess here.

JW cannot be credited with the Stadia as we are still paying for them.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »
jack has the world that not matter where you come from you can making it by deceiving and blatantly stealing your way to the top

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »
Warner , dubbed “Mr. Football” in Trinidad and Tobago, was named as the recipient of the award for long, outstanding and mischievous contribution to our football .

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
2. He has opened my eyes to the fact that money suckin vampires are people too

3. He does pay SLIM mortgage on time every month

4. He has um...uh,,well he um..........

Jack Austin Warner receives 2006 Republic Day Award

Jack Austin Warner, President of CONCACAF and Vice President of football’s world governing body FIFA was presented with the prestigious 2006 Republic Day Award from His Excellency Professor George Maxwell Richards at President House on Republic Day,September 24.
Warner , dubbed “Mr. Football” in Trinidad and Tobago, was named as the recipient of the award for long, outstanding and meritorious contribution to national development in the area of football.

Brazil, one of the world’s top football nations recognised the FIFA Vice President in 2005 while the Commonwealth Sports Foundation presented him with a lifetime award in 2001.Jack Warner also received Peru’s highest award in 2005 while Jamaica made him an honorary citizen in 1998 – the same year that the Reggae Boys made it to the World Cup Finals.

Warner, who is well known as a shrewd and tough administrator, was selected for the Republic Day Award not by just five or six people sitting on a committee but by a wide cross section of citizens.. Over 1000 people were asked to name a person they felt contributed the most to the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors qualifying for the World Cup Finals in Germany and Warner came out on top.
People felt that Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhacker along with Dwight York and members of the Soca Warriors deserved the award but none came close to Jack Warner’s popularity in the Republic Day Award Committee’ Poll.

He is considered a national hero by many Trinidad and Tobago citizens and for this reason they believe he should be appropriately honored for his long and meritorious service to Trinidad and Tobago’s football. Trinidad and Tobago’s Captain Dwight Yorke said: “It was on Jack’s shoulders that we made it to the World Cup Finals. Without him,” added Yorke, “it would never have been possible.”
Jack Warner has helped his country outside the football arena. Many still remember that when the youthful Miss Universe 1998 Wendy Fitzwilliam was desperately seeking a sponsor for the trip to the international pageant in Hawaii, Warner quietly purchased a first class ticket for her. That he is always wiling to lend a helping hand to the youth stems from Warner's own struggles growing up in Rio Claro and Longdenville, Chaguanas.

Indeed, his own ascendancy from “Zero to Hero” was not an easy climb for the FIFA Vice President who once cut cane in Central Trinidad to help out at home. "We were poor, very poor. I used to cut cane, look after pigs, and walk six miles to and from school. Those were tough times," recalls the Presentation College, Chaguanas graduate who is today an astute and successful businessman.

Warner is a graduate of the University of the West Indies in history and sociology and served as a teacher in Trinidad for 23 years. He also served at one time as a Special Reserve Police (SRP).

Even though he was not awarded a national medal by the present government befitting his contribution, Jack Austin Warner, deputy political leader of the main opposition party in the country, stated that he felt vindicated by the Republic Day Award which he received from the President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago Professor George Maxwell Richards.

The Republic Day Award is given to a great national achiever and is in keeping with Trinidad and Tobago’s status as a Republic.

Other recipients of the Award:
Roman Catholic Archbishop His Grace Anthony Pantin, Former Governor-General and President Sir Ellis Clarke, Educator Dr.Anna Mahase, Servol Chairman Fr.Gerard Pantin, Former President and First Lady, Justice Noor M. Hassanali and Mrs. Zalayhar Hassanali, Catholic News Editor Fr.Michel de Verteuil, West Indies Fast Bowler Courtney Walsh, President ANR. Robinson.

I rest my case.

Yuh probably rest yuh lotion and rag too... now that somebody make yuh dream post fuh yuh.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 03:29:20 AM »
Ya know Zandoh,
VERY SAD indeed.

Welcome back WestCoast.  :beermug:
Thanks
missed the ole forum while on holidays :D ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 07:37:14 AM »
2. He has opened my eyes to the fact that money suckin vampires are people too

3. He does pay SLIM mortgage on time every month

4. He has um...uh,,well he um..........

Jack Austin Warner receives 2006 Republic Day Award

Jack Austin Warner, President of CONCACAF and Vice President of football’s world governing body FIFA was presented with the prestigious 2006 Republic Day Award from His Excellency Professor George Maxwell Richards at President House on Republic Day,September 24.
Warner , dubbed “Mr. Football” in Trinidad and Tobago, was named as the recipient of the award for long, outstanding and meritorious contribution to national development in the area of football.

Brazil, one of the world’s top football nations recognised the FIFA Vice President in 2005 while the Commonwealth Sports Foundation presented him with a lifetime award in 2001.Jack Warner also received Peru’s highest award in 2005 while Jamaica made him an honorary citizen in 1998 – the same year that the Reggae Boys made it to the World Cup Finals.

Warner, who is well known as a shrewd and tough administrator, was selected for the Republic Day Award not by just five or six people sitting on a committee but by a wide cross section of citizens.. Over 1000 people were asked to name a person they felt contributed the most to the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors qualifying for the World Cup Finals in Germany and Warner came out on top.
People felt that Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhacker along with Dwight York and members of the Soca Warriors deserved the award but none came close to Jack Warner’s popularity in the Republic Day Award Committee’ Poll.

He is considered a national hero by many Trinidad and Tobago citizens and for this reason they believe he should be appropriately honored for his long and meritorious service to Trinidad and Tobago’s football. Trinidad and Tobago’s Captain Dwight Yorke said: “It was on Jack’s shoulders that we made it to the World Cup Finals. Without him,” added Yorke, “it would never have been possible.”
Jack Warner has helped his country outside the football arena. Many still remember that when the youthful Miss Universe 1998 Wendy Fitzwilliam was desperately seeking a sponsor for the trip to the international pageant in Hawaii, Warner quietly purchased a first class ticket for her. That he is always wiling to lend a helping hand to the youth stems from Warner's own struggles growing up in Rio Claro and Longdenville, Chaguanas.

Indeed, his own ascendancy from “Zero to Hero” was not an easy climb for the FIFA Vice President who once cut cane in Central Trinidad to help out at home. "We were poor, very poor. I used to cut cane, look after pigs, and walk six miles to and from school. Those were tough times," recalls the Presentation College, Chaguanas graduate who is today an astute and successful businessman.

Warner is a graduate of the University of the West Indies in history and sociology and served as a teacher in Trinidad for 23 years. He also served at one time as a Special Reserve Police (SRP).

Even though he was not awarded a national medal by the present government befitting his contribution, Jack Austin Warner, deputy political leader of the main opposition party in the country, stated that he felt vindicated by the Republic Day Award which he received from the President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago Professor George Maxwell Richards.

The Republic Day Award is given to a great national achiever and is in keeping with Trinidad and Tobago’s status as a Republic.

Other recipients of the Award:
Roman Catholic Archbishop His Grace Anthony Pantin, Former Governor-General and President Sir Ellis Clarke, Educator Dr.Anna Mahase, Servol Chairman Fr.Gerard Pantin, Former President and First Lady, Justice Noor M. Hassanali and Mrs. Zalayhar Hassanali, Catholic News Editor Fr.Michel de Verteuil, West Indies Fast Bowler Courtney Walsh, President ANR. Robinson.

I rest my case.

What is your case?
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 07:41:18 AM »
22. Most people are unaware that after paying for Wendy Fitzwilliam's 1st class ticket , he also hired a coach to teach Wendy how to hit a proper freekick from outside the box.

Is this another of your "Little known facts"?  :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 07:51:49 AM »
I eh go lie after wukin like a dog wit these maddddddddddd peeps 4 d couple day sfind alil wireless computer and all yuh have me h laughin d people hotel. Dutty u is d best and Palos I luv d invicible post and Elan u rite d only reason he start d PFL was 2 get d under 17 and u c he pull rite after hopin it would a bust.

Leh me go back and do d people wuk
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
22. Most people are unaware that after paying for Wendy Fitzwilliam's 1st class ticket , he also hired a coach to teach Wendy how to hit a proper freekick from outside the box.

Is this another of your "Little known facts"?  :rotfl:

Wait, wait.....I miss this gem....
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Memorable quote!!   :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »

Ladies and gents we have a winner....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 12:02:29 PM »
Please list them here. 

THE GOOD THINGS ONLY....PLEASE PEOPLE!  Doh trip ova allyuhself rushin to post!

No setta explanation and explashiatin necessary.  Jes to de point.

Thanks.  Ah go start it off.

1 -

You in dat 2 Palos  :o. Any way like yuh throw out dat thread at me boi. Huh, it look like yuh doh like how ah come down on Marx thread about Jack. Well Marx, now ah know yuh have connection in big places on de forum. No scene, but Palos, take it easy on yuh boi Supa nah man  :rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Wade, Beasley and Marion - De real deal
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:54:17 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2008, 06:27:29 PM »
  1.   he give us soca warriors alot to talk about
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »
19. Rose above like the bigger man and paid for the use of the HCS stadium for the 2008 qualifiers.   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2008, 08:51:30 AM »
He has more clout than anybody in the Caribbean and that cant be bad for Trinis.We should be proud.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »
Frico,
         I agree with about having more clout than anybody. That has been so for years. That is nothing new. But has it benefitted us? Why is our football so inconsistent. Why are our teams lacking proper skills. Why are hosting  tournament if we don't have the money. Look, Jack is the superstar for football administartors. That is fine but when come to adminstrating our local football. IS TOTAL CRAP!!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »
some people just can't see the forest for the trees eh
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »
He has more clout than anybody in the Caribbean and that cant be bad for Trinis.We should be proud.

I will as soon be more than glad to have that clout disappear if Jack disappears with it. May GOD smile on us and remove Jack from anything football that affects T&T.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
By agreein 2 pay the FEE he insurg that d govt get revenue THANKS JW we 4ever indebted 2 u
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2008, 04:09:20 PM »
September 9, 2008

Mr Roy Keane
Manager
Sunderland F.C.
English

Dear Mr. Keane,

Your continuing insensitivity and disrespect for countries such as the twin island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago are hereby noted.

Such insensitivity and disrespect were again most recently displayed by your having summoned Mr. Dwight Yorke to return to England last weekend, thus rendering him unavailable to represent the country of his birth in a crucial World Cup qualifying preliminary vs USA tomorrow.

Your callous disregard for the rights of "small" countries to have their players represent them as enshrined in FIFA regulations reveals a mean streak in your character and one which will not endear you or Sunderland to football aficionados of such countries. It is a dangerous path to tread.

Yet the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will, in this instance, at least neither insist on nor pursue its rights to have you and Sunderland make Mr. Yorke available to represent his country but such refusal or reluctance on its part ought or not to be interpreted as a sign of weakness by the federation.

Please be guided accordingly

Yours faithfully
Jack Warner
Vice President
FIFA.

Shaun Fuentes.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »
Frico,
         I agree with about having more clout than anybody. That has been so for years. That is nothing new. But has it benefitted us? Why is our football so inconsistent. Why are our teams lacking proper skills. Why are hosting  tournament if we don't have the money. Look, Jack is the superstar for football administartors. That is fine but when come to adminstrating our local football. IS TOTAL CRAP!!!!!
The answer to all your questions is : MONEY     Jack Warner is a business man and what he cares about is making money...we usually 'benefit' from his money making ventures...Its messed up but its true..if Jack is not gaining financially we have nothing to get as a federation...The TTFF need some progressive brains that would enforce the right infrastructure to build good teams and not yes men who jump everytime Jack advise them.....and to answer the question of the intitial thread I would say Jack Warner bring World Class coaches to our senior team...thats it

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
Ah wonder if Jack Warner was thee Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago how things would ah be Boi ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
funny I was thinking today we do give him a lotta shit ,he must feel is a thankless job ,cause he does do stuff still .

1]; } ?>