April 28, 2024, 01:26:42 AM

Author Topic: After Bobby Sookram.  (Read 30414 times)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: After Bobby Sookram.
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2008, 08:25:23 PM »
Excellent thread, Sam! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »
India's greatest footballer?

indicative of their lack of support....amazing accomplishments back in the day, considering they had to play barefoot.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/tss2915/stories/20060415012103900.htm

Indian schoolboys to train at Arsenal

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/sports/16-young-indian-footballers-to-train-at-arsenal-camp_10059074.html

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline shotters365

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »
Randy Ramcharan, played against him in St.Augustine ……….
This man have touches,
Only one problem I could see,  :-[his size,
For what I’ve seen in my time he is the best Indian footballer in T&T……   ;)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »
Indian footballers not good enough??

I guess then that Africans are just ‘not good enough,’ when it comes to golf and tennis??

We cannot so easily ignore the fact that certain blacks in TT football, have a pro African sentiment when it comes to non black players. Imagine, a young Indian footballer putting up with that, it could dissuade him very easily. Bear in mind I talking about the 1970s until recently.

In POS, I will admit that only a minority of the Indians I saw could really play well. However, those of you who live in more heavily populated Indian area can give your own account.

“Spindly Legs?” Surprisingly Indians in TT have done well in boxing despite the ‘spindly legs.’ Many amateur Champs in TT are Indian. I was shocked in 1987 when I went home for a visit and saw that half the men fighting for national titles were Indian. The featherweight contest was an all Indian affair. Yet for ten years or more, not one Indian was selected to represent TT.

Kelvin Ramnath (I think that was his name) was a Sr. amateur Champ at 14. At 16 he was a two division undefeated Champ in TT and winner of the New York Golden Gloves (1986), yet he was never selected to represent TT, not even for the WI junior games. However, in 1987, a novice was selected to represent TT at the World Amateur Champs….It must have been the ‘spindly legs.’

Comparing Liberia to India is rubbish. Liberia is a country where football has a fanatical following. Look at lesser African footballing nations such as the DR Congo, Gambia and Kenya and you can easily find talent because of the intense love of the game in those countries.

Football does not have a fanatical following in India. At the beginning of this decade there was still no national football program in terms of funds (It was done at the state level and not managed very well). 700 million Indians barely have enough to eat far less worry about playing football.

India does do well in sport such as tennis and field hockey. That is becz the elite sponsor the sport and even if they have a talent pool of a hundred million, it is still more than other countries. However, I guess the same cannot be said for football.

Bear in mind that this is a country that in the 50s and 60s qualified for the WC, won the Asian games, came fourth in the Olympics and also lost 2-1 (they threw away a penalty) in an exhibition to France playing BARE FOOT!!! They simply did not have the money to afford shoes. Don’t ask me how such this is possible, I cah fu^$%%^ bleive it myself. What had TT done by the 1960s in international football? Any Olympics or WC?

Sadly, the Hindu religion might also be a hindering factor. The upper castes don’t like to mingle with the lower castes, which excludes a lot of potential talent. Of course not all Hindus think like this today but enough perhaps to make a difference.

Many Hindus refuse to eat beef, which could hinder their physical prowess. I remember back in the early 90s an Indian telling me that the country had one world class track athlete. They brought in an American Coach. He insisted that beef had to be a part of her diet. She insisted that it couldn’t. He left her, saying that if she couldn’t prepare properly, there was no point having a Coach. I am no dietician, but I figure goat, fish and lamb could do the job. But who am I?

Some of you only know the Indian who played for France. It doesn’t mean there aren’t others that you haven’t heard of for some particular reason. Can you imagine a man telling me that besides Shaka and Yorke he never heard of another good Trini player in England, so we don’t have any. Can you imagine the sacrilege of saying that ppl such as Steve David, De Leon and Llewelewyn (sp) weren’t world class.

Btw, in 1983 there was an Indian playing for the Canadian U-16 team that beat TT 3-0 twice in TT. That TT team had Latas, Faustin, Hutson Charles, Anthony Clarke and Colin Rocke. My point being there are Indian all over the place that you haven’t heard of.

Here’s one more
 http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/RANGERSkhan.htm

Peace,
VB
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:51:33 AM by vb »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »
I commend you on a very thought provoking post, VB.  :applause:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2008, 10:37:57 PM »
who remember "slade" from montrose united and leeds united of the old TTFA?...he had a beard and a kinda afro back then though.

he was one time Central Footballer of the Year. still playing at age 51 with the Central Touring Team. look some pix from a work small side tournament he was in last november @ the WASA ground.

sorry bout the big pix. i eh know how to resize them for the msg board.

Where you took these pics Andre?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »
fella it don on me why they ain't a Indo and Chinese Trinibago on the team at all level

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »
Ironically years later, an Indian GK from Fatima played for the national U-19 squad. Ah forget he name. But ah sure sammo remember.

VB

Chris Saga....boss keeper

Yu bring out ah big name dey LOL :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2008, 02:51:15 AM »
why Indians dont follow up...

The problem is both a carry-over from colonial times as well as a perception issue. Indo-Trinis (like their South Asian cousins) still see cricket as a cultured sport. Football is not seen in the same light. The perception needs to be changed!

I asked this same question of a friend of mine from India and he gave me a brief history on the subject. Until the perception is changed, my Indo-Trini breds will be under-represented in football.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »

Where you took these pics Andre?

@ the WASA ground in st. joseph.

doh kick d ball too hard there or u go have to go in d bush for it.

TrinInfinite

Football History in India
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2008, 08:07:46 AM »
Some interesting points, didn't know they played barefoot  when they qualified for the world cup lol  :rotfl:

Football in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Association football is one of India's most popular sports, and is said to rank second only behind cricket in popularity, although some reporting considers domestic football to be more popular [1] than domestic cricket. Football is played in almost all schools in India. Football is also said to be the top sport in the states of Goa, Kerala, Manipur,West Bengal, Mizoram and Sikkim.

In September 2006, India and Brazil signed an agreement formalise a scheme to train Indian footballers and coaches[1]

Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), in the state of West Bengal, is considered to be the home of Indian football. The city contains the two most famous Indian teams East Bengal Club and Mohun Bagan AC. Derbies between these two clubs often draw crowds around the 120,000 mark.

Recently Goan clubs have been doing very well in the I-league. Dempo FC are the defending champions.

Contents [hide]
1 Structure of the game in India
2 History
3 Women's football in India
4 Famous players
5 See also
6 References & Notes
7 External links

[edit] Structure of the game in India
The game in India is administered by the All India Football Federation (AIFF), which is affiliated to the regional Asian Football Confederation, as well as to the worldwide body FIFA. The Indian national team has entered into the regional Asian Cup competition as well as the World Cup. The Indian women's national team has also played in various competitions. Youth football is administered by the governmental Sports Authority of India.

The game is also administered at state levels by state football associations, some of which predate the AIFF. The Indian Football Association, which is responsible for the game in the state of West Bengal, used to be in de-facto charge of the game in India before they pushed for the creation of a national body in association with other state associations.

See All India Football Federation for more details
Women's football (see below) has its own separate inter-state and state competitions.

The standard of Indian football (compared globally) is poor - the national team is ranked past 100th place in the world, and is said to struggle to qualify for both the World Cup and the Asian Cup. Part of this has been put down to the lack of opportunities for proper training and development of players in the country.

[edit] History
Football in India was spread during the days of the British Empire. Many football clubs in India were created during this time, and pre-date many of the organisations and clubs, such as FIFA, which are predominant in the game today. Initially games were played between army teams, however clubs were soon set up around the country. Mohun Bagan Athletic Club was set up in what is now West Bengal in 1889. The club became famous in 1911 when it became the first Indian team to lift the IFA Shield, a tournament previously won only by British teams based in India. It defeated the Eastern Yorkshire Regiment 2-1 in the final of the tournament in a victory that is still regarded by many as the greatest by an Indian team before Independence.

The national football team was also quite successful until the 1970s, qualifying for Olympic tournaments and the FIFA World Cup. The team qualified for the 1950 World Cup finals in Brazil, but could not appear as they still played in their bare feet at that time.

The Indian team also won the 1951 and 1962 Asian Games gold medals in football. In 1956 the team finished fourth at the Melbourne Olympics. In August 2007, the Indian team won the Nehru Cup for the first time in its history beating Syria 1-0.[2]

[edit] Women's football in India
Women's football has not had the relative head start over the rest of the world that the men's game has had, and also has not had the chance to spread through the country like its male counterpart. The game was administerd by the Women's Football Federation of India (WFFI) until the early 1990s when they were absorbed into the AIFF. However there are complaints that women's football is treated as a poor relation to the men's game leading to (unfulfilled) plans to de-merge the WFFI. [2]

The women's game, like the men's game, also has its early pioneers in the state of West Bengal. The large Kolkata teams, East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, started women's club sides in the 2000/01 season, and they participate with other teams in the Calcutta Women's Football League. However it has been seen recently that players from Manipur have made far advances in the game. Players from these two states make up a large part of the India women's national football team.

The main women's national competition is played on a state vs state basis in the Senior Women National Championship [3]. There are also similar national championships for junior teams: Junior Girls National Championship (for under 19s) and the Under-17 Girls National Championship.

Some female players have become internationally recognised: in February 2000 Sujata Kar and Alpana Sil became the first Indian footballers to sign a contract outside India itself. They signed with the German team TSV Crailsheim but had to return after a month due to problems with the clearance of their international transfer.

The state of women's football in India, again like its male counterpart, is poor. In the 2003 AFC Women's Championship the Indian team was embarrassed by their results, especially after a 12-0 defeat to the Chinese women's team [4]. This is especially in the light of the poor support by the AIFF, especially of the national team. The team's trip to Germany was only made possible by Non Resident Indians in the country, and by the support of the German Football Association. Furthermore championship are said to be held in remote locations, and national media coverage is said to be lacking with reporting mostly restricted to state and local newspapers. [5]

[edit] Famous players
Sailen Manna
Chuni Goswami
P.K. Bannerjee
T. Balaram
Neville D'Souza
I.M Vijayan
Baichung Bhutia
Mohammed Salim

India reveals football goal 
By Matthew Kenyon
BBC Sport in Delhi 

PM Manmohan Singh kicks-starts India's new NFL season

A country of more than a billion people, but a national team ranked 157th in the world.

The football equation in India does not add up.

And yet in the 50s and 60s, India won gold medals at the Asian Games, finished fourth in the Olympics and even qualified for the World Cup.

The problem is, that in a huge country, football is confined to a few regions.

Calcutta (Kolkata), the former capital of British India, is the centre of the game.

The Calcutta derby, Mohan Began against East Bengal, is a match to rival anything Rangers and Celtic can throw up. Goa has the bug, thanks to its previous rule by the Portuguese.

But elsewhere, football comes in a distant second to cricket.

"As cricket grew, interest in football declined," says Novy Kapadia, India's top football writer.

"Fewer states were actively promoting the sport, so Indian football couldn't take advantage of the country's huge population, with the numbers supporting and playing the game dwindling.

"And there's been years of neglect in both infrastructure and youth development."

There is so much to do to develop the game

Gary Lovejoy, Chief Operating Officer, Zee Sports TV 

Watching a second-tier game in the Delhi local league, it is hard to argue with that assessment.

Fewer than 100 people have turned out to watch. The standard of play is poor, and so is the pitch.

But there are plans to revitalise football in India.

NK Bhatia, secretary of the Delhi Soccer Association, says his region has been chosen for a pilot project to be launched by Fifa and the All India Football Federation next month.

"Football will be restructured at the grassroots level," he says.

"We've already conducted coaching for our school teams, 45 teams participated at the ages of 10 to 13 and 13 to 16. And we'll conduct a college league, for youth development.

"After that we'll develop into a semi-professional league, and then into fully professional."

Coaches, funded by Fifa and the Asian Football Confederation, will be placed with the clubs and every club in the Delhi league will have to have properly licensed trainers, and proper facilities at their grounds.

A similar project is already underway in the state of Manipur.

So that is the future, what about now?

INDIA'S NFL TEAMS

Mahindra United (Mumbai)
East Bengal (Calcutta)
Dempo Sports Club (Goa)
Sporting Club de Goa
JCT (Punjab)
Mohun Bagan (Calcutta)
Mohammedan Sporting (Calcutta)
Air India (Mumbai)
Churchill Brothers (Goa)
HAL (Bangalore)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mahindra United are the current NFL champions 

India's National Football League, which is only 11 years old in its current form, is getting a new boost from television.

Zee Sports, a relatively new sports channel, has signed a 10-year deal with the AIFF to cover all Indian games and it plans to entice more viewers by offering a much slicker product.

"Ten years is a long time for a football contract," says Gary Lovejoy, the Chief Operating Officer of Zee Sports.

"The reason it is so long is that there is so much to do to develop the game here. There was little point in having Indian Football rights for just three years."

Lovejoy is an Englishman who has worked in sports television for most of his career.

He wants his product, visually at least, to match the best that Europe has to offer.

"We want to make Indian football look decent in the face of the high-quality production standards you get from the Premier League," he says.

"We're now covering football with up to 13 cameras, whereas previously the rights holder in India had gone down to four or five cameras, which simply was not good enough."

European leagues, and especially the Premiership, or EPL as it is known in India, are increasingly popular, especially with the young, urban middle classes.

Lovejoy wants to tap some of that interest and convert it to the Indian game.

The problem is that while the television coverage might be getting slicker, the standard of play in the Indian NFL is still far short of that served up by the likes of Manchester United and Barcelona.

And outside the football hotbeds of Bengal and Goa the intensity of support is simply not there.

Kapadia has a suggestion: "There are many states in India which don't have a club culture, so allow them to field an XI which would have massive support because of regional pride."

There are lots of plans to bring Indian football up to the standard to be expected of a nation of more than one billion people.

They are all a long way from fruition, but do not think India is lost to football just yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Kenyon's look at football in India is part of the World Service's India Rising season, which runs until 11 February.

RELATED BBC LINKS:
Football on the BBC
Your say - 606
India Rising
India Rising

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
Fifa
AIFF
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2008, 05:49:36 PM »
Joel Rahim 79 & early 80's
yep good player
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
Joel Rahim 79 & early 80's

And he breddah Brent... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »
since allyuh on the topic of "indian" ballers, what about the roma/gypsies of europe, argentina and brazil?lLinguistic and genetic evidence indicates the Roma originated from the Indian subcontinent. so...look a list of big time grapevine indian ballers according to wikipedia. ah know pirlo, Nicolita, and reyes is gypsy 4 sure.

Andrea Pirlo - Italian (AC Milan)
Gheorghe Hagi - Romania
Eric Cantona - Frech (Manchester United)
Jacques Abardonado - French (1. FC Nuremberg)
Freddy Eastwood - Welsh (Southend United)
Rafael van der Vaart - Dutch (Hamburger SV)
Raby Howell - British (Liverpool, Sheffield United and Preston North End)
Telmo Zarraonaindia - Spanish (Athletic Club)
Banel Nicolita - Romanian (Steaua)
Christos Patsatzoglou - Greek (Olympiakos)
José Antonio Reyes - Spanish (Atletico de Madrid)
Arturo Garcia, Arzu - Spanish (Real Betis)
Jesús Navas - Spanish (Sevilla Fc)
José Mari - Spanish (Real Betis)
Carlos Antonio Muñoz Cobo - Spanish (Real Oviedo)
Milan Baroš - Czech (Olmpique Lyonnais)
Siniša Mihajlović - Serbian (Internaziole Milan)
Zlatan Ibrahimović- Swedish (Internaziole Milan)

ah remember Patsatzoglou & Nicolita from Euro 2008. i was wondering how they was so black compared to the ther greeks and romanian players.

a gypsy chick for allyuh viewing pleasure. look like she could be a trini.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:14:09 AM by Andre »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2008, 09:26:09 AM »
Indian footballers not good enough??

I guess then that Africans are just ‘not good enough,’ when it comes to golf and tennis??

We cannot so easily ignore the fact that certain blacks in TT football, have a pro African sentiment when it comes to non black players. Imagine, a young Indian footballer putting up with that, it could dissuade him very easily. Bear in mind I talking about the 1970s until recently.

In POS, I will admit that only a minority of the Indians I saw could really play well. However, those of you who live in more heavily populated Indian area can give your own account.

“Spindly Legs?” Surprisingly Indians in TT have done well in boxing despite the ‘spindly legs.’ Many amateur Champs in TT are Indian. I was shocked in 1987 when I went home for a visit and saw that half the men fighting for national titles were Indian. The featherweight contest was an all Indian affair. Yet for ten years or more, not one Indian was selected to represent TT.

Kelvin Ramnath (I think that was his name) was a Sr. amateur Champ at 14. At 16 he was a two division undefeated Champ in TT and winner of the New York Golden Gloves (1986), yet he was never selected to represent TT, not even for the WI junior games. However, in 1987, a novice was selected to represent TT at the World Amateur Champs….It must have been the ‘spindly legs.’

Comparing Liberia to India is rubbish. Liberia is a country where football has a fanatical following. Look at lesser African footballing nations such as the DR Congo, Gambia and Kenya and you can easily find talent because of the intense love of the game in those countries.

Football does not have a fanatical following in India. At the beginning of this decade there was still no national football program in terms of funds (It was done at the state level and not managed very well). 700 million Indians barely have enough to eat far less worry about playing football.

India does do well in sport such as tennis and field hockey. That is becz the elite sponsor the sport and even if they have a talent pool of a hundred million, it is still more than other countries. However, I guess the same cannot be said for football.

Bear in mind that this is a country that in the 50s and 60s qualified for the WC, won the Asian games, came fourth in the Olympics and also lost 2-1 (they threw away a penalty) in an exhibition to France playing BARE FOOT!!! They simply did not have the money to afford shoes. Don’t ask me how such this is possible, I cah fu^$%%^ bleive it myself. What had TT done by the 1960s in international football? Any Olympics or WC?

Sadly, the Hindu religion might also be a hindering factor. The upper castes don’t like to mingle with the lower castes, which excludes a lot of potential talent. Of course not all Hindus think like this today but enough perhaps to make a difference.

Many Hindus refuse to eat beef, which could hinder their physical prowess. I remember back in the early 90s an Indian telling me that the country had one world class track athlete. They brought in an American Coach. He insisted that beef had to be a part of her diet. She insisted that it couldn’t. He left her, saying that if she couldn’t prepare properly, there was no point having a Coach. I am no dietician, but I figure goat, fish and lamb could do the job. But who am I?

Some of you only know the Indian who played for France. It doesn’t mean there aren’t others that you haven’t heard of for some particular reason. Can you imagine a man telling me that besides Shaka and Yorke he never heard of another good Trini player in England, so we don’t have any. Can you imagine the sacrilege of saying that ppl such as Steve David, De Leon and Llewelewyn (sp) weren’t world class.

Btw, in 1983 there was an Indian playing for the Canadian U-16 team that beat TT 3-0 twice in TT. That TT team had Latas, Faustin, Hutson Charles, Anthony Clarke and Colin Rocke. My point being there are Indian all over the place that you haven’t heard of.

Here’s one more
 http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/RANGERSkhan.htm

Peace,
VB

very good post, it has christian and muslim indians also who could eat beef and maintain that diet, i dont see the problem with a nutrionist working out another meat sub fo beef for hindus, it has nothing to do with genetics, thats bullshit, whoever claims that is an idiot and has no idea about genetics and is just perpertrating a racist agenda, the sikhs are a big breed of indian thats for sure, the farmers in india to be exact, very strong and powerful, so it has nothing to do with genetics, just weight lifting and diet
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:29:33 AM by TI »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »
since allyuh on the topic of "indian" ballers, what about the roma/gypsies of europe, argentina and brazil?lLinguistic and genetic evidence indicates the Roma originated from the Indian subcontinent. so...look a list of big time grapevine indian ballers according to wikipedia. ah know pirlo, Nicolita, and reyes is gypsy 4 sure.

Gheorghe Hagi - Romania

ah remember Patsatzoglou & Nicolita from Euro 2008. i was wondering how they was so black compared to the ther greeks and romanian players.

a gypsy chick for allyuh viewing pleasure. look like she could be a trini.

The Gypsies actually originated in India. So she definitely cud pass for Trini
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2008, 03:14:10 PM »
so it has nothing to do with genetics, just weight lifting and diet

Wrong.  Has everything to do with aptitude, attitude, talent, & lack thereof.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2008, 03:41:24 PM »

Gheorghe Hagi - Romania

ah remember Patsatzoglou & Nicolita from Euro 2008. i was wondering how they was so black compared to the ther greeks and romanian players

Andre..where is the wikipedia link.
Kinda off topic, but interesting. Didn't realize many of those players had gypsy/roma roots. Your list surprisingly missing Quaresma..best of the current day group.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2008, 05:42:20 PM »

Gheorghe Hagi - Romania

ah remember Patsatzoglou & Nicolita from Euro 2008. i was wondering how they was so black compared to the ther greeks and romanian players

Kinda off topic, but interesting. Didn't realize many of those players had gypsy/roma roots. Your list surprisingly missing Quaresma..best of the current day group.

Bear in mnd that a lot of the Eastern European countries were occupied by the Turks or Arabs at one point. So a lot of breeding was done there and in the Capitals.

Went to Bulgaria and saw a lot of Roma folks there.

A lot live on my st. and they real tribal boy. Be bussing bullets for no damn reason, cah cuss dem, dey might shoot meh :-)

VB

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2008, 07:59:10 PM »

Bear in mnd that a lot of the Eastern European countries were occupied by the Turks or Arabs at one point. So a lot of breeding was done there and in the Capitals.

A lot live on my st. and they real tribal boy. Be bussing bullets for no damn reason, cah cuss dem, dey might shoot meh :-)

VB

filho,

look links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roma%2C_Sinti_and_Mixed_People

vb,

them gypsy bullets must be is make u feel like u in sweet t&t eh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 08:01:40 PM by Andre »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:45 PM »
Nah a lot fair skin. Some look like dat girl above. They differ.

Quite frankly, they so country and wajank dat I is just steer clear of them.

That's one of the probs with Ist. Once a city reknowned for its culture and art, the country folks have descended on the city looking for jobs and it real change the nature of the city.

Ppl real aggressive and have some bad ways. I see ppl walk outside dey house, throw garbage on the ST. and walk back inside. The other night I look out the window at 2 am and see a garbage bag in mid flight dropping about four stories. The bitch couldn't even walk outside with it.

They like to fight at a moment's notice. Ppl with good hearts but some real bad ways.

VB

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »
Anybody ever heard about a team called Jai Hind(All Hail Indian) from Suriname. It is an Indian team with a few Afro Surinamese. They came to TT in 71 or 72. They had just gotten promotion to the 1st div.

They played Maple in Geo. V park. They were a decent team. They played like the Surinamese teams of old. Plenty ball possesion. But Maple won the game. I can't remember the score. Even though I had not seen any Indian players on the Surinam team, it was quite refreshing seeing an majority Indian team. This was nothing new to me. I had seen 2 majority Indian teams in TT  in the late 60's. They played typical Trini football. . I was curious why they never continued longer. One team was from Saddle Rd, San Juan called Saddle Boys. The other one was El Dorado from Tunapuna.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2008, 04:50:24 AM »
In 1993 I was in Guadalcanal, the Solomon Islands (south pacific).

I saw the OCEANA U-17 qualifiers for the WC.

I saw the Fiji team playing and at least 90 percent of the players were Indian.

You want to hear the best part - when I entered the stad. to watch the Consolation final between Fiji and NZ and the final bet. Sol. Isls and Austalia, the security at the Gate thought I was with the Fijiian team, they thought I was  a player and were going to let me in for free  ;D

Ah wanted to take but was afraid ah get catch inside and embarassed  ;D

VB

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2008, 07:46:30 AM »
Nah a lot fair skin. Some look like dat girl above. They differ.

Quite frankly, they so country and wajank dat I is just steer clear of them.

That's one of the probs with Ist. Once a city reknowned for its culture and art, the country folks have descended on the city looking for jobs and it real change the nature of the city.

Ppl real aggressive and have some bad ways. I see ppl walk outside dey house, throw garbage on the ST. and walk back inside. The other night I look out the window at 2 am and see a garbage bag in mid flight dropping about four stories. The bitch couldn't even walk outside with it.

They like to fight at a moment's notice. Ppl with good hearts but some real bad ways.

VB

buh vb...all dat sound like home too.

anyhow, i hear europeans real eh like gypsy. i think they view them as thieves and as unsanitary. me eh know though as ah doh think ah ever run into one...or must be a racial thing.

man 2 man is so unjust.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2008, 07:50:13 AM »
And somebody say this was a shit thread..

Good argument and post Sam...

Thanks for that list Andre. Many big players on that list...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »
In 1993 I was in Guadalcanal, the Solomon Islands (south pacific).

I saw the OCEANA U-17 qualifiers for the WC.

I saw the Fiji team playing and at least 90 percent of the players were Indian.

You want to hear the best part - when I entered the stad. to watch the Consolation final between Fiji and NZ and the final bet. Sol. Isls and Austalia, the security at the Gate thought I was with the Fijiian team, they thought I was  a player and were going to let me in for free  ;D

Ah wanted to take but was afraid ah get catch inside and embarassed  ;D

VB

vb,

from what i see on FIFA futbol mundial & football asia, indian is real play football in fiji, malaysia, singapore and indonesia. them is at least 50% of all them national team...well what we go call indian anyway.

http://www.fam.org.my/
http://www.fijilive.com/sports/football/
http://www.fas.org.sg/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=853
http://www.pssi-football.com/en/index.php

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »
Spoke to this Brazilian woman her son trained with Ronaldo and all that jazz. Her husband is Portugese. She said when Quaresma got his deal (with Nike I believe) they told him he can always go to the nike stores and get gear for free. He took all his family and when they left the store was empty.  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2008, 08:31:58 AM »
Spoke to this Brazilian woman her son trained with Ronaldo and all that jazz. Her husband is Portugese. She said when Quaresma got his deal (with Nike I believe) they told him he can always go to the nike stores and get gear for free. He took all his family and when they left the store was empty.  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

he family trini?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »

VB

filho,

look links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roma%2C_Sinti_and_Mixed_People

vb,

them gypsy bullets must be is make u feel like u in sweet t&t eh

cool thanks. could be wrong, but it appears that many of the ballers have some Roma roots but wouldn't be considered Roma. The article mentions that the list includes 'mixed'. For some it may be like calling Henrik Larrson's kids black  ;D Interestingy, Reyes denies that he is gypsy. I remember WC 94, when Romania beat Argentina, Ilie Dumitrescu scored a double and they made mention that he was a gypsy and they made a big point that the players actually liked him. That was the start of me realizing how much Gypsies are hated in Europe...

By the way..on the original topic...Indians could ball like anyone else. That more T&T Indians doh play at the highest level have to do with societal pressures, not ability.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »

cool thanks. could be wrong, but it appears that many of the ballers have some Roma roots but wouldn't be considered Roma. The article mentions that the list includes 'mixed'. For some it may be like calling Henrik Larrson's kids black  ;D Interestingy, Reyes denies that he is gypsy. I remember WC 94, when Romania beat Argentina, Ilie Dumitrescu scored a double and they made mention that he was a gypsy and they made a big point that the players actually liked him. That was the start of me realizing how much Gypsies are hated in Europe...

By the way..on the original topic...Indians could ball like anyone else. That more T&T Indians doh play at the highest level have to do with societal pressures, not ability.

i doh live in europe so me eh know wha scene d gypsies on. but from wha i see it look like they regarded by white europeans in the same racist  way that white americans regard african americans.

1]; } ?>