April 27, 2024, 04:12:55 AM

Author Topic: The hardest kicker in T&T football history  (Read 15643 times)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The hardest kicker in T&T football history
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2008, 07:08:57 AM »
birchall
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2008, 07:18:57 AM »

Good Post ...

My era....
1st: Chinapoo,Gally,Alvin Corneal, Chalkie Hamel Smith
2nd: Winston Dolly

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »
I guess I had to chip in eventually.

I have seen just a bit of TT football since I left. And re: a post like this, the best might be ppl who ddn't even play for TT.

I saw Chinas in just one game and I have NEVER seen any TT footballer after to match him.

After Chinas, I would say Birchall.

Scotland, Angus Eve and Chubby were ok but not in the class of real big foot men.

Ronnie Simmons was a great clearer of the ball,but when I think of good kickers, I think of ppl shooting from the outside.

I've heard amazing things of Sean Boney, with his size I can only imagine his kick. Pity never got a chance to see him play.

I saw Chinnas once. He was a guest player for ASL vs. the Swedish Club Champs, FC Gothenburg (I think it was 1984). I remember when the teams lined up, noticing the size of the man's thighgs even up in the stands. Early in the game he took a shot from the half line, the ball probably never rose more than 6 inches, and forced the GK to stretch and push it wide. I was shocked that anybody could do that to a GK from the half line. The only other time I had seen that was from Eder on the 1982 Brazilian team.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »
Gally Cummings !!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2011, 07:14:48 AM »
Richard Chinapoo
Paul Elliot-Allen
Jamerson (my favourite) was deadly accurate with furious power but with maybe a micro fraction less power.

:beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 08:46:07 AM »
Richard Chinapoo
Paul Elliot-Allen
Jamerson (my favourite) was deadly accurate with furious power but with maybe a micro fraction less power.

Ray Roberts full stop.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
I think eman post a pic of Neeskens with Chinapoo in the coach thread, Chinnas leg look like it on steroids.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »
Hardest Kickers that I have seen and played against.
With Lincoln Phillips.

I have faced many hard kickers in my time but some were more dangerous than others. I would like to categorize them for the purpose of identification.

Category A.. Loud Bust d ball Kickers. These guys could kick the ball from long distances (35-45 yds) and the ball would still be picking up speed after it passed the crossbar.

No. 1. Shawn Boney- Accurate, shoot and score from 35-45yds yds from goal.

No. 2  Rupert Ferguson (south)- Played for south very untidy (little control over shot).

No. 3 Vivian Manswell (St Marys as a 16/17 year old youth) also very untidy (limited control over shot).

No. 4. Selris Figaro (Trinidad &Tobago but as a defender) Not much control over shot.

No. 5 Dennis (Bellys") Turton. played for south and Trinidad & Tobago.

Category B. Very accurate  Hard Kickers from 10 to 15 yards outside area.. These guys had powerful shots, were very accurate,  But,  the shot never travelled as far as those in category 1.

No. 1. Gally Cummings-  Gally shots used to hum, shimmy and dip and were always very, very accurate. Worst again if it touches a defender! Gally was on the National team at 16 years of age and was one of the hardest kickers on the team.

No. 2. Richard Chinapoo- Like Gally, had a menacing and powerful with excellent accuracy. Richard and Gally could actually be tied for 1st place. I played with Gally on the National team...hated him when he was on the opposite team, I had a lot of work to do.

No. 3. Colin Rocke- Just as effective as the top two......left foot

No. 4. Frank Sealy - Played for Maple.....same as above (Late 50's)....right foot

No. 5. Robert " Chaulkie"Hamelsmith....same as above (in the late 50's)....right foot

No. 5. Carlton "General" Franco- Early 60's....good with either foot

No. 6. Desmond Blackman- Providence (in the 50's)...proficient with either foot

No. 7. Carl Furlonge (in the early 50's)...proficient with either foot

No. 8. Victor Gamaldo....proficient with either foot

Category C. Hard kickers with little back lift- These are players who could get off a fierce, accurate shot with little or no run up or back lift. They would strike the ball quickly.

No.1.  Alvin Corneal- Only one in that Category that I know of....left foot. The right foot was to walk on, although he scores on me with his right foot and he has never allowed me to forget it even up to this day.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »
Richard Chinapoo
Paul Elliot-Allen

Ray Roberts full stop.

When Ray hit it, the ball had a different sound to it, then yuh had to take the ball to a hospital after the game :)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
Flex,ah like that bit you post there from Lincoln,that brought back a lot of memories for me,the way he broke it down player by player,the names he mentioned remind you of the good times,history at it's best.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2011, 12:32:22 PM »
Richard Chinapoo
Paul Elliot-Allen

Ray Roberts full stop.

When Ray hit it, the ball had a different sound to it, then yuh had to take the ball to a hospital after the game :)

SPOT ON
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2011, 05:23:51 PM »
Tim Lamkin

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »
Richard Chinapoo
Paul Elliot-Allen

Ray Roberts full stop.

After Chinnas hit the ball ...you couldn't find it to take it to hospital ! :devil: seriously though some fellas used to go to football to collect free footballs when Malvern was playing in PSA . there were those who wanted to see football and those who wanted to get ah free ball because when it went over it didn't come back ! I swear the shot used to echo when Chinnas put he foot to the ball !
I never saw Ray Roberts but I have heard a lot ...
just as an aside for all de QRC fellas on de site ...allyuh ever hear bout Ronald Howard ?? de man was slim but he still have de reputation of bussin ah ball ...it must have someone here who could give de story ...

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »
Ronnie "Horse" Howard who played for QRC in the '70s.  Slightly built, this guy had an excellent kicking technique and generated unbelievable power.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
Ronnie "Horse" Howard who played for QRC in the '70s.  Slightly built, this guy had an excellent kicking technique and generated unbelievable power.
i know someone would respond ..it was really unbelievable how much power he could generate with that slight frame ...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »
I kicked four field goals over 55 yards in meh college career and in soccer I scored twice from the half line for JHU in the centennial conference... do I qualify  :devil:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »
lol hell of a thread I've head alot about chinnas I've only seen him a real bullet once and it was a lil wide but it was about 12 inches off the ground with serious velocity so I def see where men coming from however  I did see Paul Elliot Allen kick and when he got them under control the velocity was mindnumbing.... I remember i watch a game in the stadium when TT play Finland and the man play a set ah balls but he score the two goals one a man lay it back for him and he just rip it .... the second one was a dead ball freekick and that man take a walk up and rip a freekick ... I just stand up and start to  scream except nothing was coming out ......
Under honorable mention the hardest shot I ever see in TT was the one jamerson score from latas lay back in the stadium I dunno if it was against guatemala or el salvador ....... but that was the most vicious thing i have ever seen on a football field.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »
lol hell of a thread I've head alot about chinnas I've only seen him a real bullet once and it was a lil wide but it was about 12 inches off the ground with serious velocity so I def see where men coming from however  I did see Paul Elliot Allen kick and when he got them under control the velocity was mindnumbing.... I remember i watch a game in the stadium when TT play Finland and the man play a set ah balls but he score the two goals one a man lay it back for him and he just rip it .... the second one was a dead ball freekick and that man take a walk up and rip a freekick ... I just stand up and start to  scream except nothing was coming out ......
Under honorable mention the hardest shot I ever see in TT was the one jamerson score from latas lay back in the stadium I dunno if it was against guatemala or el salvador ....... but that was the most vicious thing i have ever seen on a football field.

I know exactly what you're referring to. The Elliot-Allen shot was a frightening bullet from his left foot that was still picking up velocity and upward trajectory as it hit the V and would have ended up by Courtyard Marriott if there was no net. Ah eh lie. At that time Gally and the trainers, like they had completed weightlifting program with the players and all of them were walking aroung with 20 pounds of new quadriceps. Jamerson's shot was against Guatemala in the dying second in the mud as Latas lay it orf. Will never forget it with Ashford Jackman losing his voice. What a time!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2011, 07:22:51 AM »
Nice piece again from Lincoln Phillips here.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2011, 08:35:25 AM »
I'd add Veron Skinner and Garfield Skinner to the list.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »
i know someone would respond ..it was really unbelievable how much power he could generate with that slight frame ...

Yep!!!!

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2011, 07:15:25 AM »
Good stuff for real LP !!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:07 AM »
Got to be Carlos "Rolls Royce" Edwards.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2011, 07:46:14 AM »

...was/is he in any wayshape or form related to Rawle Howard? Rawle of equallly slight build, (but I can't remember if he was of equally powerful shot) played for us in the 80's during we dry season.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>