April 16, 2024, 12:56:57 PM

Author Topic: REAL TIME BEIJING SCHEDULE  (Read 22684 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
REAL TIME BEIJING SCHEDULE
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:59:42 PM »
TNT/East Coast USA time add 3 hours this time of year of course

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/asset/headlines/OGasPDT.pdf

This is the way to find out when what is going to be on television....

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/index.html
BORN TO DO IT

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: REAL TIME BEIJING SCHEDULE
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 06:04:48 AM »
thanks for the links- but the nbc listing page requires a zip code- something we're missing here- is there one you can suggest? maybe any zip from Fl will do?

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 05:22:19 PM »
Put in mine 33029 lol south FLORIDA ah love it.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:12:02 PM »
Put in mine 33029 lol south FLORIDA ah love it.

LIke u forget this phrase copyrighted..........lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:23:33 PM »
Ato,

I have a question related to T&F scheduling in general.

has there ever been any consideration of making the T&F part of the Olympics longer?  Why is it sometimes possible for people to double in the 200 & 400 and in other years it isn't?  Is it that they don't want to share the spotlight with swimming?

it seems as though it is already more difficult for track athletes to compete in multiple events in comparison to aquatics and gymastics for example. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 04:54:57 PM »
Heello Ato,
                I know this is T&F thread.   How come TT cycling did not send anybody this year. I thought Ibrahim was going since he got a silver in the PANAm games. And then the track cyclist won some medals at the hemispere championship in S. America recently

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
Track doesn't usually favor a 200 - 400 double, remember MJ petitioned them for that in 1996 - it isnt possible this year or Sanya Richards and Allyson Felix would have attempted it for sure.

Cycling? Mih pardna is Phillips who is now prez of d cycling federation but I really dunno.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 05:59:58 AM »
sorry it took so long to respons, but thanks Ato ;D

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »
Heello Ato,
                I know this is T&F thread.   How come TT cycling did not send anybody this year. I thought Ibrahim was going since he got a silver in the PANAm games. And then the track cyclist won some medals at the hemispere championship in S. America recently

T&T Cycling misses out on Olympics
BY MICHAEL PHILLIPS

For every athlete the Olympics is the ultimate focal point. The dream of being an Olympian or stepping foot on the podium to receive a medal and hearing ones national anthem play is a vision that is replayed over and over in an athlete’s head.

The question that I have been getting regularly from cycling fans is one regarding the obvious absence of any of our national cyclists at this year’s Begin Games.  The simple answer is that it has become far more complicated and expensive to get to the Olympics.  It used to be that the local Olympic committee set a qualification standard for all sports and athletes would have to attain these standards by a designated time.

If more than one athlete did the standard and there was an allowance of only one per country in the event, there would usually be a trial to select the best. In a worst case scenario politics or favouritism would play, but that is another

article. 

The thing is that those standards could have been done at home and they were a lot more lenient than today.  The process started to change after the Barcelona Olympics in 1992 where the first professionals were allowed to compete at those games.  World politics was evolving and that too had its impact on the games for example,  no longer was  East and West Germany competing under separate flags.  The Union Cycliste International (UCI) the governing body for cycling informed its affiliates that they would have to qualify for the 1996 Atlanta Games at the World Championships the year before and the spots were limited for the first time. 

Most events allowed 24 cyclists with one or two per country.  The 1995 World Championships in Bogota Colombia remain today the largest attendance ever for a world championship event.  Many records were broken and as well many were disappointed. 

This also represented the last time that T&T had a cyclist participate at the Games, that cyclist being Gene Samuel who qualified for his pet event the 1KM time trial.  The qualification for the Sydney Olympics became even more challenging as UCI now expected cyclists to qualify for the World Championships through five World Cup events held in different parts of the world. Only the top eighteen would qualify for the championships from those World Cups with only the top ten in each event getting points to determine ranking.

This is where it started getting very expensive because if you could not attend all of the World Cups you better get good points in the ones you could attend. The fun did not stop there.  Finally to qualify for the Olympics you had to be in the top four of your event or be in one of the top sixteen team sprint teams (The team sprint is like the 4x100meter relays except you have three riders) in the championships. Each of the cyclists on the team would then be eligible to ride one individual event.  I hope I have not lost you.  This meant if you were the fifth to eighteenth fastest at the world Championships - “no Olympics”.

This also meant that that the greater chance for the any country to qualify for the event was through the team events.  I had the agonizing experience of being in the fifth to eighteenth group without having a team or even another Trinidadian qualify for the championships. I did like the old people say and chalked it up to experience. 

The news gets worse. Since then the qualification process has become even tougher and now there are fewer countries qualifying for Olympic cycling. It is not only the process that has become extremely challenging but the advancement in training and the standard facilities around the world have clearly defined a line between eras.  The future for young aspiring T&T cyclists and their Olympic dreams may seem more farfetched than a realistic goal at this time.

However,  I am an eternal optimist with a roll up your sleeves and change things attitude.  My disappointments had inspired me at a young age to get involved in a meaningful way to prove the value of this sport.  The road continues to be a challenging one with many details still to be sorted and structure to be applied from the perspective of the Trinidad and Tobago Cycling Federation. There is evidence of hope in the young riders that being developed at this time and the fact that T&T cyclists have won a record seven medals at the Pan American  Championships this year. 

I would like to say to cyclists like Chris Sellier and the other young cyclists to keep focusing on your goals, learn from every victory and every disappointment and whatever the outcome hold true to the spirit of sportsmanship and the spirit of the Olympics.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:41:40 PM »
Best place for the track and field schedule. Also just click "your time" at the top right so you will not have to worry about converting.

http://iaaf.org/OLY08/results/eventCode=3659/index.html
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »
Flash,
          Thanks for the cycling tid-bits. Cycling get rough no tail!!!!Good luck to the future warriors. I honestly do hope the gov't build an Olimpic regulation velodrome.That was promised since the 60's

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »
Flash,
          Thanks for the cycling tid-bits. Cycling get rough no tail!!!!Good luck to the future warriors. I honestly do hope the gov't build an Olimpic regulation velodrome.That was promised since the 60's

No prob bro. Soon as I saw it I remember somebody asking bout it and I myself was curious

I really hope the Government and Corporate Trinidad and Tobago get together and fix this. It is unbelievable to me that a nation that has produced, Gibbon, Atherly, Samuel, the Kellars, Emile Abraham doesn't see it worthwhile to invest in cycling. The fact that we have a yute that won a World Title this year and he home watching de games with me and you is totally unacceptable.
I does really wonder bout we leaders sometimes....why can't we invest more in sports so we wouldn't have to be buying BLIMPS and other sorts of rubbish. Imagine our first three Olympic medals was in Weightlifting and we have nobody going Olympics in that. We've had at least three World Boxing Champions yet nobody qualified in that sport in 2008. Bovell win a medal four years ago and up to now dey cyar complete de facility in his honour. Imagine Tobago doh have ONE single 25m pool for athletes to train!

I dunno how other people see it but I believe if we invest and create opportunities for our young people we would be keeping daily track of medals on the front page of newspapers instead of the murder rate.

Funding should not be the reason our talented cyclists are watching the Games on TV with the money this country have now. >:(

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 10:13:23 PM »
Flash,
            I agree with most of what you said. It is pity the private sector and gov't can't get together to build an maintain these failities which is clearly beneficial for the nation's sports men. I see Duprey investing a lot of money overseas. All good and well. But you mean to say that he and Manning can't get together to do this for the benefit of the youths of TT. Only when Cuba, JA and Bahamas rake in medals, is then all the wagonnist become all hot and sweaty and complain. Are'nt supposed to be honesting the Mannings(Caribbean games) next year?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
OOps!!. We are going to host the Caribbean games. Where will they be hosting all the indoor events, if there is any?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »
Here is an alternative for LIVE Internet Video

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/livevideo/

CBC Sports has '9' Internet channels showing different live events.

I have not tried it yet but will test it tonight at 8:49 PM EST on channels 3, 4 and 5 for Athletics  (100m Heats on Channel 4)

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 04:40:40 PM »

I have not tried it yet but will test it tonight at 8:49 PM EST on channels 3, 4 and 5 for Athletics  (100m Heats on Channel 4)

I been very good so far. I watch all the heats of 100 Freestyle swimming the other night. Had 3 pop up windows watching Football and swimming. No commentary though.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »

I been very good so far. I watch all the heats of 100 Freestyle swimming the other night. Had 3 pop up windows watching Football and swimming. No commentary though.

1) Good to hear

2) Sometimes no commentary is good  :devil: (present company excluded)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
I am in DC. I can't get it.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
I am in DC. I can't get it.

i dont think anything was being broad casted when you made your post.

Try it now - channels 3, 4, 5 and 9 active

unless they only broadcasting in Canada?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 07:20:31 PM »
hmmm ..  not bad attall

I am watching the womens heptathlon and womens beach volleyball  ;D  (two pop up screens)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 07:43:54 PM »
is there anywhere online i can see this?..cause am not getting it on american tv

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »
Looks like I am the onliest one here tonight

bolt about to run

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 07:47:23 PM »
is there anywhere online i can see this?..cause am not getting it on american tv

is the CBC link not working outside canada?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »

correct
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »

correct

ANY OTHER LINK.. WE SCORE AGAIN BY THE WAY
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 07:50:49 PM »
Bolt wins his heat in 10.2. He was last out of the blocks. On purpose I think.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 07:51:56 PM »
Kim Collins and Asafa in Heat 2. And Pickering of the UK.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 07:53:43 PM »
Bolt wins his heat in 10.2. He was last out of the blocks. On purpose I think.

and he took his time to cross the finish line

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »
Asafa, Collins and Pickering in that order. Powell exerted much more than Bolt, and wins in 10.15

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 07:55:09 PM »
Asafa wins in 10.15

1]; } ?>