April 28, 2024, 11:29:38 PM

Author Topic: Bermuda hold T&T under-17s.  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bermuda hold T&T under-17s.
« on: August 01, 2008, 03:24:08 AM »
Bermuda hold T&T under-17s.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Another Bermuda football team has caused some discomfort for Trinidad and Tobago's footballers. Yesterday's start of the 2008 Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Youth Cup saw one of the tournament favourites, T&T, being held 1-1 by Bermuda at the University of the West Indies, St Augustine.

Jerrel Britto, last year's top-scorer, got his tally going when he scored in the 36th minute from close range. But apparently, the local team had not heeded the words of CFU president Jack Warner, who urged them not to underestimate Bermuda when the tournament was launched on Wednesday. And with just four minutes left, Damali Bell brought Bermuda level from a free- kick.

The T&T goal-keeper, John Thomas stepped backwards before clutching the ball, but there was a dispute over whether he had taken the ball into the goal or not. The referee believed he did.

This latest result comes after tiny Bermuda shocked T&T's senior men's footballers 2-1 in a World Cup qualifier in June. However, the Soca Warriors travelled to Bermuda and overturned the result with a 2-0 victory in Hamilton.
TT, Bermuda draw in Youth Cup.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

Jerrel Britto’s goal was not enough for Trinidad and Tobago as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Bermuda in the opening match of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Youth (Under-16) Cup yesterday.

The Group “D” game was staged at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya. Britto finished off a neat move to put the hosts ahead in the first half but Bermuda equalised with a freekick in the second period.

In Group “A”, St Vincent and the Grenadines whipped Turks and Caicos Islands 4-1 while Cuba mauled Dominica 7-0 in a double-header at the St Mary’s Ground, St Clair.

Suriname registered the day’s most lopsided result, as they annihilated the United States Virgin Islands 9-0 in a Group “F” meeting at Guaracara Park, Pointe-a-Pierre, while Haiti eased past St Kitts/Nevis 2- 0 in the other fixture, in Group “C”, at Pointe-a-Pierre.

Another pair of matches took place at the Fatima College Ground, Mucurapo, with Dominican Republic getting the better of the Netherlands Antilles 2-1 while, also in Group “A”, Jamaica trounced Antigua/Barbuda 5-1.

Up to press-time, no score was available in the Group “B” duel between Grenada and Guyana in the sister isle Tobago. The tournament continues tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:14:26 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda hold T&T under-17s.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:09:57 PM »
Last year we beat them  5-1 Jerrel Britto 33rd, 55th, 63rd, 69th, Jerome Diaz 65th.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 04:16:19 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:15:48 PM »
So what change since last yr somebody enlighten meh nah
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »
No continuity. What consistent program did they have for last year till now for that team.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »
as far as i know grenada are yet to enter tobago
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
Ah say  it before and ah go say it again.  The days of practicing a few weeks before a tournament and beating other Caribbean teams is over.  We have to start year round preparation with many friendlies against meaningful opposition.  That is why we will never again beat the US (unless we change our attitude).  Everybody else preparing and we just talking and scheming.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 05:39:07 PM »
Last year we beat them  5-1 Jerrel Britto 33rd, 55th, 63rd, 69th, Jerome Diaz 65th.

Last year Wim was here!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »
Move 2 d head of d class
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 07:24:02 AM »

Last year Wim was here!

Maybe you are right >> i see he taking control of this session in korea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osL5kchr47g
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 07:25:39 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 09:33:01 AM »

Last year Wim was here!

Now the same coach who from the senior team that get licks from Bermuda, with the U17s that draw....go figure.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 01:09:26 PM »
Remember is d chimpmunks time now so we have 2 deal wit it

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »
Whagwan Trinbags? Can one a unnuh tell me the score for the Jamaica U17 game today. It should've started at noon our time so I guess it's done by now.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 01:42:11 PM »
Haiti advances to next round after 4-0 win over Cayman Islands.

I expect DR to advance as welll ;)
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »
Whagwan Trinbags? Can one a unnuh tell me the score for the Jamaica U17 game today. It should've started at noon our time so I guess it's done by now.

You should have your contacts in T&T. Whagwan with you LionTatsy?

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »

You should have your contacts in T&T. Whagwan with you LionTatsy?

only contacts i have in trini are those born with breasts and poom poom, and they know nothing bout football.
Smoke and Fly

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »

They was playing on Fatima grounds today in the hottest sun yes. 

The news now only carrying the story about a bridge collapse in Caroni...maybe in a lil while they will give the scores.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 03:30:36 PM »
I know the U-17 Reggae Boyz won their second match today against the Netherland Antilles. If Jamaica had lost someone from T&T would have posted the results immediately even with the extremely poor media coverage in T&T. ;D

Toussaint already posted Haiti's result. That alone is telling.
jjbrown

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »
I know the U-17 Reggae Boyz won their second match today against the Netherland Antilles. If Jamaica had lost someone from T&T would have posted the results immediately even with the extremely poor media coverage in T&T. ;D

But yet you still here ...yuh love dis forum ent?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 03:38:53 PM »

The big difference between Jamaica and T&T with media coverage is results would have been released or posted immediately after every match.
We would have seen or heard live matches on TVJ or TVJ Sports Network or the radio.
jjbrown

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »

The big difference between Jamaica and T&T with media coverage is results would have been released or posted immediately after every match.
We would have seen or heard live matches on TVJ or TVJ Sports Network or the radio.
  Did I say or ask anything bout differences bout JA and T&T media?..So now yuh want to argue which media better ! lol...Aye answer de question..since yuh already said you know JA win then why yuh still here?...We know you love socawarriors forum

leroy

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
hey sando prince , auu auu auu evening sir ! can you run di score please ?.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »

Did I say or ask anything bout differences bout JA and T&T media?..So now yuh want to argue which media better ! lol...Aye answer de question..since yuh already said you know JA win then why yuh still here?...We know you love socawarriors forum
Comparisions will have to be made since T&T has chosen to host almost all the tournaments in CFU. So the responsible falls on T&T for all the arrangements including media coverage in some form.
jjbrown

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 04:00:08 PM »
still cant hear the score. when trini come out here i always keep unnuh up to date.
Smoke and Fly

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »
Comparisions will have to be made since T&T has chosen to host almost all the tournaments in CFU. So the responsible falls on T&T for all the arrangements including media coverage in some form.

Yeah you are right, this tournament so far has been underpublicized, under funded, and under organized. The TTFF has done far better in the past and should have done far better this time.

But don't come here pretending that you soooo concerned with T&T media.  You entire existence revolves around trying to raise Jamica over Trinidad, this is just you wrapping your impure motives around the cloak of righteousness. Yuh cyah pull wool over anybody eyes here we know yuh too well.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 04:17:46 PM »

Yeah you are right, this tournament so far has been underpublicized, under funded, and under organized. The TTFF has done far better in the past and should have done far better this time.

But don't come here pretending that you soooo concerned with T&T media.  You entire existence revolves around trying to raise Jamica over Trinidad, this is just you wrapping your impure motives around the cloak of righteousness. Yuh cyah pull wool over anybody eyes here we know yuh too well.
:rotfl: Boy! Are you way off.
Like any football lover I have been checking several websites, including this forum since 1pm for one simple reason: scores for this Championship.
jjbrown

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »
Brudder we eh have time for dis Western competition who have time 2 go a game 12 on a sat

1]; } ?>