April 26, 2024, 10:15:50 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti  (Read 9537 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
It is amazing how a team could be totally outplayed and outclassed, create no chances, have zero shots to goal and yet come away 2-0 winners.

The old adage Goals Win Matches was evident today, but Haiti were winners in their own right and have many positives coming out of this encounter.

To summarize team TT were for 60 minutes of the match sickening, 15 minutes just awful and for the remaining 15 plus three minutes injury time just ok.

I am sure Maturana ordered Dr Babwah to administer a dose of  these at half time

Eventually, some of the worms and fecal matter were removed late in the second half, the addition of some useful subs and a bit of organization in the back allowing TT to come away winners on the night.

I arrived at 4:30 and was able to see the final minutes of the national under 20 vs Phoenix Fc game. A lot of attempted beat, jam, errant passes and boom kick were the order of the day but most of the players were tired and as such the game suffered. Jamal Guy was real roast but acquitted himself well for the few minutes I saw him.

The game comes to an end and there was no entertainment to fill the void. The rhythm section did not arrive as yet, the Bmobile tent and dj were sound checking, no eye food in the crowd…but at least I was able to get a good seat in the stands without a post impeding my vision.

After sipping on the beverage that is good for you, I was joined by my fellow forumites.
We all sat together and discussed the action as it unfolded on the field. Small Mag, Patriot, G, Ann3boys, Andre Samuel and Cowen. Brown sugar, weary, NYtriniwhiteboy and Omarldinho were also in attendance and I am sure all present…(especially Omar) could vouch for the accuracy of my report.

TT came out and began their warm up on the northern side of the pitch. It was very lackadaisical in nature, not much intensity and the shuttles and sprints that were done seemed very amateur at times.  The TT team then played a small sided keep away game.

At the end of the warmup…whitley who was an active participant looked to be in a spot of bother and the medics came to his assistance. He did his final stretching separately from the rest of the team but it seemed that he reinjured himself or tweaked the hamstring that has been bothering him. He played no further part and was not included on the bench.

The Haitian team came out late and did an intense 5 minute warm up.

The teams took to the field at nearly 20 past 6 and kickoff did not actually take place till closer to 6:30. The Haitian players sang their national anthem, while TT finally got a copy of the anthem to play over the PA system.

The referee was from Jamaica and made some questionable calls to both teams throughout the game. Birchall was also off the field for a few minutes and was deliberately ignored by the ref and not allowed to return to the pitch for going off to have his fingers taped up. However all our goals came from free kicks he awarded and about 4 yellow cards were shown to various Haitian players for roughing us up.

TT started of in a 4-5-1

Marvin Phillip in goal….back 4 of Cyd, Hislop,Thomas and John.
Midfield of Baptiste, Theobold, Hyland, Me Mum and Kevaughn Connell
Glenn alone up front.

Haiti played a 3-5-2 .

The game kicks off and Haiti strokes the ball masterfully giving TT a lesson in ball possession. After 14 seconds, a through ball is misjudged by Hislop. It is misjudged by Phillip and the Haitian forward has an open goal to shoot at. However the bounce of the ball deceived him and let TT off the hook.

For the next 15 minutes TT could not come out of their half and balls were being whipped into the TT box with the Haitian forwards throwing away clear cut sitters unmarked in our area. Cyd was shakey, Avery didn’t find himself yet and Hislop’s inexperience and lack of quality showed in comparison to his counterparts at the back. To his credit he improved as the game wore on and did well coming down to the end.

One good sign is that we came out of this game with a clean sheet, however we were lucky the Haitian team left their scoring boots at home. Phillips was sloppy at times. He made some decent saves, but his distribution and kicking needs plenty work. He kicked out the ball at least 10 times and only found a TT player ONCE…in the 90th minute of the game. He simply gave the ball to the Haitian team each time.

Folks I wish we could look like Haiti….yes I said it.

They put on a polished, knocking, cohesive game, with a good brand, good plan, they did not panic in defence knocking the ball out under pressure and running rings around us in midfield. Sometimes two players would execute a one-two and run around 3-4 TT players in the middle. All kinda back flick, heel, wrong address was shared by them and they were fluid in going forward and organizing their defence. They share all kinda tollum, and we simply eat beat right tru. Worse yet we ent share nuttin, we ent rest no kinda blade on them, they rough us up and hit us some elbow and screen and while they got cards for these actions were were effectively off of our game.

TT created one dangerous moment in the first half where on a counter attack Connell beat 3 men and threaded a ball for an overlapping Cyd Gray who found himself One on One with the keeper. However the attempted shot was closed down as the keeper tackled him bravely and won the ball. Apart from that TT did not have a clue.

Possession was hard to come by…we chased Haiti for most of the first half and I would put possession at 80/20…..yes it was that bad.

When we did get possession we had no options going fwd…Glen had a bad game, his touch was off and he was completely locked down with no support. Hyland, Birchall, Theobold and Baptiste had no clue as to what to do in the middle.

Three players with similar styles and roles doing nothing. Nothing creative going forward. No closing down of spaces and any small passes being made by them were shut out. Of the lot, Theobold looked competent and stood head and shoulders over all the other players on the field…but his magic dust lasted for about 30 minutes and that was it. Jam after Jam, mis trap, bad pass and well dat was it for him.

0-0   at the half and it seemed all doom and gloom.

Birchall seemed frustrated for the entire time he was on the field. I detect something is not right. He was not given the ball by his teammates even when free. He was only used as an outlet or a last resort so all the balls to him were hospital balls. He tackled well and hustled but he did not win many tackles and was late. However he did close down the space and show the hustle we know. He gave glen some nice cross field diagonal balls but these were few and far between. His biggest asset and where TT scored were the dangerous balls that he whipped into the box. TT had about 6 free kicks from about 40 meters out and birchall dipped some curlers into the area which the Haitian goalie could not get. Thomas and Hislop were the men on the end but each time they did not attack the ball properly or follow up the play turning their back etc.  However both goals came from free kicks floated in. The first was headed straight in by Keyno Thomas…the second the ball is played far and looks to be going out but is headed back across the goal by Thomas and Glen chests it in. The goal celebrations were muted and certain men you could see friendly with others.

Connell did three things well tonight…he beat three men and set up Cyd for TT’s attempt. He took the ball and ran at defenders and got kicked down resulting in the free kicks that Birchall took. But apart from that he may have played his way off the team. He was totally bun…did not make a tackle, was ball watching, did not support the play and was the pullstones of the night. He not only pull stones, but he hung and swing on some a few times well. He was given a standing ovation when he was subbed and the poor fella actually thought it was a compliment, when in fact the crowd was showing appreciation that he was off the field.

Baptiste was as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Hyland (who Andre Samuel said did not put a foot wrong) looked like he had both oars in the water…too bad they were both on the same side of the boat.
He played in the makalele position, but no kinda tackles pass, he intercepted a few but he also tee up some shots for the Haitian forwards as well. On his fwd jaunts he needlessly gave away the ball or provided a bad pass.

Theobold…good opening 20 -30 minutes…then the magic dust ran out….he got some serious tun up in the middle and is in his second trimester. Clearly unfit!

Glenn was as useful as a kickstand on a horse…failed to dribble past his markers, did not hold up the ball, made errant passes, touch was off….but he scored from a tap in on the line.(the irony)

Cyd and Avery…good in the tackle and shared blade. They both started slow and shakey, made some bad pass and sloppy trap…but they both go forward and overlap well. They have cemented their positions on the field.

Hislop got better as the game wore on

Thomas was decent..scored a good goal but does not track his players well and is a tad slow.

The subs were Wolfe, Toussaint and Abu Bakr.

Wolfe was very nifty and came on for Birchall. Both goals were scored already but he settled the game, hustled in the middle, spread the ball around and was penetrative going forwards and supporting the play well. A good sub.

Toussaint had 10 minutes to skillfully trap the long balls kicked to him…only to beat his marker stink once…and lose the ball or fall down right after. You could see he has skill but is suited to small goal and futsal. Not effective on a big field.

Abu Baker got a 5 min corbeaux…he was slotted in the back and TT played 5-4-1. Cannot rate him due to limited playing time.

TT started to pass the ball around and look like we had an idea in the last 10 minutes of the match. Haiti were desperate and throwing everything forward and they made a number of subs as well.

Haiti created at least 4 clear cut chances in the game and had a number of shots…good bullets too saved by Phillips. They were unlucky not to score and were the better team on the night. I honestly think with some better forwards they could qualify for the Hex and they will only get better.

TT  I just ent know boy…this side not improving and looking worse each game. A decent opponent run rings around us and showing up all the glaring deficiencies. The midfield ent wukking, the lone fwd ent wukking, the defence shakey…and yet still we keep a clean sheet and score 2.

Hard to explain, yuh just have to see it for yourself.

I guess the coach is still looking at players and new ones in the mix but I find plenty players ent making sense and you know for sure who getting drop when the foreign based come back. I ent know where to put Hyland on the field he becoming less and less effective, I ent know where Daniel will go and it’s a battle for me mum, theobold, whitley, yorke and Clyde leon in the center.

I think they should call back Patterson to run the left wing or put Theobold back there…or Whitley.

Sad but we need Yorke to stabilize this side.

Haiti will give us run for our money across there and I would not be surprised if the scoreline is in their favour.

I not seeing the improvement and time is drawing closer. More questions are being asked each time we see this team play and the answers not forthcoming. I feel more and more uneasy with this group each time I see them.

Oh well…once we win ent!

Till next time.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:44:14 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:54:24 PM »
I have d cold real baddddddddddd no voice and it just got worse because I have 2 b screamin at d nonesense on d team. Oh gawddddddddddddd y 4 heaven sake dis team lookin worse after each game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »
Thanks Touches. Very informative as usual.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:14:30 PM »
Nice report Touches.....It sound like an unbias attempt.  Ah like it

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 10:25:50 PM »
After seeing the score and reading the match, I would've expected some improvements from some players.  Now reading your report got me thinking again, but then again this is just from one person (no disrespect).  I expect some other fans to post their responses so I can figure out what is really going on with this team.  But damn man, wha de hell!!!  I expected more from Hyland especially.  Really looking forward for him to go to Portsmouth, but if the board who have to give him a work permit look at these matches, it would back up everything that they talking how we FIFA ranking and he eh good enuff...sigh.  Really messed how dey do Birchall (not passing to him when he's wide open, if that's really true).  Phillips looking okay in de back, and this is the kind of confidence we want from our keeper going into the Cuba game. 

Last but not least, I could understand Maturana's choice to run 4-5-1 with the deficiencies in our middle.  We need a midfield general, and if we can't control it with five, will four make it?  Possibly...Is it because of the similar type of position our current midfield plays?  Do you think Hyland is playing not to get injured???  Birchall = Theobald (in position) and Hyland = Whitley. 

But this is my squad I would like to see (and formation) for the Cuba game:  4-4-2

GK - Phillips
DEFENSE - Cyd  Hislop  Lawrence  Avery
MIDDLE - Edwards Theobald/Yorke  Whitley  Birchall/Samuel (would love to see him back here or possibly Glen???)
FORWARDS - John  Scotland

Subs - (there was this guy the last game everyone was high about), Hyland, Daniel, and the other guys in slashes if they're not on the first team.

Hey, thats just me, and it's from what I've read EVERYDAY for the last year (even though I haven't posted much, I've been on here EVERYDAY  ;)

Much respect to you Touches tho, your game report is WHAT I LOVE TO READ :beermug: (even though it may be depressing at times :( like today...).

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:27:24 PM »
I must say touches....your match reports are always honest and raw...no sugar coating of the reality, that this team not ready at all...and even though we won..and kept a clean sheet, without order in the squad its only a matter of time before we get exposed badly! The game against cuba is drawing ever closer and the question is, what is the best team? what is the structure of our squad? are our players up to par?? until these, most basic of all questions can be answered, when it matters, I will be extremely surprised to see this team succeed.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:29:44 PM »
Touches, as usual mush respeck fuh de report.

Jes a suggestion.  Ah tink yuh need to take a break from dese reports...as much as we look forward to dem and appreciate yuh efforts.

Yuh gettin more cynical, bitta and bitin wit each report.  Doh go some a de upcomin games bro.  Go and eat a toolum, make some laps in Macqueripe or sumting...but give de National team ball a ress.  It obviously affeckin yuh bro.

Again..is jes a suggestion eh.  And as always...thanx fuh de report.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »
Folks I trying not to make it sound doom and gloomish and I looking for positives.

I would say Cyd and Avery were the bright spots, but most players had bad games.

Overall if I were to compare this match to the others...it was the most disjointed we have looked and especially in the first half we were downright terrible.

At least even vs Guyana and Bermuda we created chances...not this game.

I now understand the rational playing easy teams...it is to give the fellas a confidence boost and to try and get things correct...so that when you play the harder games they would at least have a few plays they could execute and feel good about.

Imagine not one shot to goal in open play!.....terrible.

Haiti ripped us easily and at will...that is what I concerned about.

This game come just like W-Connection vs Pachuca...we took our chances but we were outplayed.

Lets just say if we get a blowout from any side, it will not come as a surprise to me. Same way if we beat any big team right now that will also come as a surprise.

However I still think we have enough to grind out 2 wins vs Cuba, a win and a draw vs Guatemala and two losses vs the US. 2-0 at home and a proper cutarse away. It should be enough for us to make it to the hex and correct our game.

If each game we fix one thing or get one player in the formation correct we on our way.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
All ah we Palos u have 2 beat traffic etc 2 c dat set ah crap. I should have just gone home wit meh sick self.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
Palos I taking a rest...the next three matches are away games so that is my lil vacation.

Yuh know Omar is my biggest critic and he and all lime with me half-time and say he understand now he see it for heself.

Palos the last decent game we play was El Salvador...since then is just headache and steups with this side.

Oh well whenever we get it right the victory will be sweeter.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »
Thanks Touches,
                       A rest well deserved. You need to bring your blood pressure down!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 11:14:18 PM »
Touches u re so correck d El Salvador game but dat seem like ancient history

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 03:43:02 AM »

Touches, I hope nobody ever pay you for this wuk, otherwise your independence and impartiality might be comprised.

Nice Read

Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 05:50:34 AM »
Folks I trying not to make it sound doom and gloomish and I looking for positives.

I would say Cyd and Avery were the bright spots, but most players had bad games.

Overall if I were to compare this match to the others...it was the most disjointed we have looked and especially in the first half we were downright terrible.

At least even vs Guyana and Bermuda we created chances...not this game.

I now understand the rational playing easy teams...it is to give the fellas a confidence boost and to try and get things correct...so that when you play the harder games they would at least have a few plays they could execute and feel good about.

Imagine not one shot to goal in open play!.....terrible.

Haiti ripped us easily and at will...that is what I concerned about.

This game come just like W-Connection vs Pachuca...we took our chances but we were outplayed.

Lets just say if we get a blowout from any side, it will not come as a surprise to me. Same way if we beat any big team right now that will also come as a surprise.

However I still think we have enough to grind out 2 wins vs Cuba, a win and a draw vs Guatemala and two losses vs the US. 2-0 at home and a proper cutarse away. It should be enough for us to make it to the hex and correct our game.

If each game we fix one thing or get one player in the formation correct we on our way.

Oh God man Touches yuh had to say dat? Ah done ha meh ticket ahready....but ah just like you and expecting de worse so ah taking in front and telling all meh friends dat we team in ah mess and ah don't expect we to beat de US. (but wait, me eh lying we team really in ah mess).
Give thanks for de report. as always is is the first thing ah does read de morning after ah game, doh stop wha yuh doing bredda!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 05:55:57 AM »
Touches man, I did not see you take one note- how do you remember those small details, eh?? ::)
anyhoo- as I said before the fault is not in the players so much as the coach NOT giving them the right instructions...you cannot have 11 men on the field and ALL but 1 playing in defense.
the 1 and only player up front was again like the cheese standing alone.. the mids seem to have instructions not to move up the field- why? they have to feed into the goal- who else is going to do it?
you know what? I am seeing the players trying to play football- but struggling with remembering the instructions they were given- and these instructions are conflicting with the way the game is going on the field.
Imagine a man in the goal box sees the ball go to another player and when he heads it away this guy turns his back on the ball and loses sight of it when it rebounds back to him...what is going on? yesterday was frustrating and I am glad I left at half time cos it looks like I was the bad luck, eh?  :devil:
the only bad thing to come from winning is that the coach will think it was his strategy that caused it- NOT!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 06:14:26 AM »
First of all Touches  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: is only when i read your reports it looks like we are getting a true picture of what going on or goes on,what i like about you is that you are very consistent,you give us what most posters don't and that is the other side of the coin,my thing is don't criticise if you can't back it up,if there isn't a logical reason too,if your reasons don't make sense and i must say you are always on point with your reasoning and assesments,your reports are not only very good but entertaining.

Before i read your report i was browsing through all the others and peeps were giving high marks for how we played may be because we won,but not because won we played well, like the games we played before when all you heard was criticism more because our favourite players were not there.

My view,yes this Coach might be still experimenting with players,system etc etc but i think people have to understand his delima,it seems at this late stage to us we don't have a settled team but i'm sure in Pacho's mind he has his ideas on what he wants or will be going with,we might seeing his system as not a good one but my feeling is it's the players that not understanding how to play it,something have to wrong because i can't understand we playing with five midfield players and our midfield not playing well,on paper the line up is 4-5-1 but on the field during the game it don't stay like that,is toy players we playing with?these guys have brains and they should know how to use it,Coach don't have to tell you everything,if you look at guys like Rooney and them as forwards they all over the place,ours does stay up in front and wait for ball,the only way to find them is a long ball then we complain about long ball.

Any how Touches keep doing what you do best,you give this forum a different face Breds.          

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 06:15:05 AM »
Forumites....Touches doh need no vacation....he calling like it really happening on de field!!....

Look I say before, foreign based all yuh have to see de mess wid yuh own 2 eyes live to believe it.....and Touches mentions that Omar admit to that same thing.....is not Touches fault or none ah we on here as far as I know (ent Senor Corneal?  ::))....who decided to blacklist we best and most experience players??.....so while all other teams in de region was getting ready, we Federation/Jackula was playing de arse.....

In a way losing to Bermuda AT HOME, was a blessing in disguise.  It open the oppressor's eyes to the fact that we local based not ready to take it to the next level (it had a coach dis say so  :whistling: but he get run outta town) and we need to mix them with the foreign based.  Now we have less than a month before our first away WCQ in Cuba and while I hope that when the other foreign based return we'll play better, but since we still experimenting.....which 11 going and take de field??  We, well I, doh know which local players is the core of our team, because every game we have is a different bunch of players.  No wonder the Haitians looked more composed. and together....but that is whose fault that we look disjointed?....

Ah have hope....but ah eh know what Maturana doing so I waiting and see....
In any event, WIN LOSE OR DRAW.....

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!      
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 06:26:46 AM »
What i find is that peeps on here have two sets of excuses,one for if or when we loose and another set for if and when we win,because it's the same reports from the same posters give all the time,like it's the same thing they does see in every game,nothing changes.   

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 06:29:26 AM »
I know the focus here should be on our play buh lehme ask ... Touches, gimme some expansion ... more opinion on Haiti in the final third. I know Haiti knocks a decent brand in the middle but, as observed regarding previous matches, ah think they are horrible closers.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 06:40:01 AM »
This is clearly Wim fault...
Like I have to get my excuses ready for the cutasstrophe that is about to ensue for WCQ.
"This is a young team - a transitional period. We really preparing for 2014"
Yeah, that one sound good.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 06:41:30 AM »
I know the focus here should be on our play buh lehme ask ... Touches, gimme some expansion ... more opinion on Haiti in the final third. I know Haiti knocks a decent brand in the middle but, as observed regarding previous matches, ah think they are horrible closers.

.....uuummmm from what I saw in the 2nd half, you have ah point.  Also, our defence played more solidly than in previous games so the Haitians didn't exactly have their way as they would have liked to.  The Haitians also didn't defend against set plays very well....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 07:06:24 AM »

.....uuummmm from what I saw in the 2nd half, you have ah point.  Also, our defence played more solidly than in previous games so the Haitians didn't exactly have their way as they would have liked to.  The Haitians also didn't defend against set plays very well....

agreed..Haiti didnt have the finishing touch. This is why i said i would have liked to have seen what the story would have been if they whipped in crosses earlier. They always tried to get as close to the touchline before crossing instead of doing it jus before the 18yard box.
Set plays they were absolutely horrible. Every single free kick birchall hit in caused problems
Back in Trini...

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 07:16:30 AM »
Touches... Thanx as usual..
People who believe that Touches being a bit harsh should read the game report from the guardian... Is either touches does write for them, them thief Touches report, or he came to the same conclusion as Touches...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 07:23:47 AM »
Boy Haiti are poor at defending set plays, especially when the ball is played behind the defense. We beat them right tru all night when Birchall swing in that ball, we won the header in the box everytime what we didnt do was attack the ball after the first header.

Maturana like he confused yes, d man play about 4 different formation during the game. And as Touches referred to, d majority of the team played poorly. I think what is happening is that we pretty much starting with a whole new squad again. So the previous 6 friendlies pretty much go out of the window as it relates to cohesiveness.

I will take umbrage in the fact that we played poorly and won, kept a clean sheet. Dese days i just taking the positives where i could with this team. I have seen this team at every instance over the past 6 months and what it has done is set a level expectation if nothing else.

The expectations are simply not that high....
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 07:39:46 AM »

Baptiste was as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Nah boy Touches.

That eh right.

He couldn't have been that bad.

Més que un club.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 07:46:46 AM »
Touches as always thanx for de report..but ah have to ask yuh what is your expectations from T&T when yuh go see de team play?..You expecting us to play at the same level of quality as  Brazil and Spain..or maybe expecting Hyland to make almost no mistakes and play at the same level of Messi, or maybe expecting Glen to show the same talent of a Rooney..I'm jus saying maybe You set your expectations too high and when the team dont meet them its easy to be critical..T&T is not playing at the level we see dem big teams playing on TV..Now this is just my opinion and I could be wrong..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »
I always criticize the clips of the sessions I see of our Namtional team, but Omar say we cannot judge anything from a 2 minute clip. When NYTWB post the clip of the warm up I was like what the hell we doing. I couldn't believe we were getting ready for a game. The pics that Tallman post men in line looking like they vex the bus eh come yet. Look at all the training seesion clips that are posted, there are recurring themes in them.

It seems the coach does a lot of possesion session but apparently they are non directional. this is not good we nedd to start doing some directiona possesion and posession with purpose. Our intensity in training need to go up, ay up.

Can anyone say if we play 4 across the middle flat with a holding behind? 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 08:16:09 AM »
I know Haiti knocks a decent brand in the middle but, as observed regarding previous matches, ah think they are horrible closers.

I have seen Haiti play a few times over the  last couple of years, and finishing has always been a problem for dem. It seem as doh when dey reach near de 18yd line, dey does get tie up and eh sure what to do.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 09:03:46 AM »
Forumites....Touches doh need no vacation....he calling like it really happening on de field!!....

Look I say before, foreign based all yuh have to see de mess wid yuh own 2 eyes live to believe it.....and Touches mentions that Omar admit to that same thing.....is not Touches fault or none ah we on here as far as I know (ent Senor Corneal?  ::))....who decided to blacklist we best and most experience players??.....so while all other teams in de region was getting ready, we Federation/Jackula was playing de arse.....

In a way losing to Bermuda AT HOME, was a blessing in disguise.  It open the oppressor's eyes to the fact that we local based not ready to take it to the next level (it had a coach dis say so  :whistling: but he get run outta town) and we need to mix them with the foreign based.  Now we have less than a month before our first away WCQ in Cuba and while I hope that when the other foreign based return we'll play better, but since we still experimenting.....which 11 going and take de field??  We, well I, doh know which local players is the core of our team, because every game we have is a different bunch of players.  No wonder the Haitians looked more composed. and together....but that is whose fault that we look disjointed?....

Ah have hope....but ah eh know what Maturana doing so I waiting and see....
In any event, WIN LOSE OR DRAW.....

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!      

Sugar,
Yuh make ah real good point dey......Regardless if Maturana experimenting, I find it slightly too late for dat.  It must have ah way we could start de selection process earlier.  It seems as if training does only start or happen before a warm up game.  We need to bring back dese men in de off season and jes train like ah regular team.  Yes de warm up games is ah plus, but we could never gell unless we jes train , train and train as if we is ah regular football club.  Dat way, de players go gel plenty better and de players go have ah better understanding of each other.  Imagine if ah foreigner ask we to name we starting eleven, we could never name it.  If dey ask we to tell we who is de skipper....we still unsure.  If dey ask we who is we starting strikers.....we couldn't tell dem.....Now tell me....DAT IS MADNESS at dis stage

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »
I not too concerned about getting over played, the fact is both Jamaica and haiti will always out hustle us and we do not have the ball control to take that game away from them.

A 2-0 win is a win

At least we know our set plays working and that is a key attribute to what Birchal has to offer .

I do not see Yorke helping this side.

Better to leave Hyland, Whitley, Theobald, Birchall, Baptise etc etc in the middle

They are younger more hungry and will do more running which is what we need.

Yorke cannot help we any more

Maybe on the squad and coming off the bench but right about now no way no how I starting Yorke to try to get we to South Africa.

1]; } ?>