March 29, 2024, 12:45:10 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti  (Read 9410 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs Haiti
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
Okay people, ah realise that alyuh misinterpreting my posts.  I am not saying that i am satisfied with how the team is playing, but i just think that Touches was too critical.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »
Pardners I tink u was rite yes I strike on d WI like d SW next
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2008, 07:03:46 PM »
Folks I wish we could look like Haiti….yes I said it.

Boy Haiti are poor at defending set plays, especially when the ball is played behind the defense. We beat them right tru all night when Birchall swing in that ball, we won the header in the box everytime what we didnt do was attack the ball after the first header.

I have seen Haiti play a few times over the  last couple of years, and finishing has always been a problem for dem. It seem as doh when dey reach near de 18yd line, dey does get tie up and eh sure what to do.

Touches, explain this nah? i up here in canada, so is a real rashomon experience trying to piece together what really happened. yuh saying that it would be better if this team were playing like a team that cyah finish and defend set plays? ???

Ribbit, from what I saw it is the positive aspects of their game that I wish we could look like....the passing, the cohesiveness, the sense of team, like is 11 men who know each other and accostmed to playing together.....if we could look like that at this stage it would be so nice...

thanks brownsugar. i think this highlights a point that is becoming a little clearer to me. the thing is that Touches eh writing a Match report per se - he writing more of an evaluation or assessment of the state of the team - coach, players, etc..  for instance, the point raised by g above - that haiti was poor at defending set plays all through the game should have made a report on the match. but now i see the focus was less on the match and more on the team, so these kinds of details get lorse.

the other thing is, as you point out, there is a standard expected by the footballing public for their team to reach - e.g. stringing together several passes, keeping possession, midfield doing something intelligent. there is another standard which is what the coach set as his game plan and whether the team achieves that. in the end however, the standard that matters is the one provided by the opposition on the field. the point here is that the report using the first standard, the score showing the third one .... and we all still in the dark about the second one.  :-\  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
D Coach clueless 4 5 1 and d striker was on national tv sayin he eh fit. CLUELESSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2008, 09:34:49 PM »
Thanks for the report Touches, very balanced!

Do we blame the coach or do we blame the players?

How much more time does our current coach need to start getting our team playing something that resemble decent football or is it just that our players are just not up to a decent standard even in Caribbean terms?!  ???

We need to get things together NOW before its too late but still ah win is ah win, as KND does say whenever he buss ah fart on this board!!
In otherwords we should try to pick some sense out of this non-sense we team playing!!

Our current brand of Soca Warriors football could be more aptly described as Soca Worries football!  :-[
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:56:52 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »
When is 2 late aug 19th

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2008, 06:44:50 AM »
palos the man calling it like he see it and that is what I appreciate most about Touches reports. even with all that he still dey game in game out. True suppporter to de bone.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2008, 09:19:13 AM »
D Coach clueless 4 5 1 and d striker was on national tv sayin he eh fit. CLUELESSS

Maybe all of this is an effort to get him match fit? This was a practice match right?
Who is clueless is you.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »
once again no mid presence, whats new, that mid we have playing there wont be holding possession for long periods of time.

God is de BOSS....

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »
Hey Touches thanks for the insightful report on the game as usual.
I will like to find out somethingi heard Andre Errol Baptiste talking about the game yesterday morning i heard him bashing the Corneals
What is that about can anyone help me?
Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
I know is a friendly but playin he alone upfront go get him fit where u learn yuh football. Who in d midfield passin him d ball 4 he 2 make d runs 2 get he fit. D system not wukin dat is y it clueless and using Cornell an unfit striker makes him clueless x2 and u cyah c dat u must b d dentist pardner

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »
i jus throwin talk brother

but nuttin wrong with tryin to get a man some match fitness in a lil warm up match
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »
I disagree but if dat is yuh strategy give d man some help upfront especially since d midfield although it have 5 men eh really feedin d man no ball

1]; } ?>