April 20, 2024, 02:53:16 AM

Author Topic: Cold welcome for Jamaica U-17s in T&T.  (Read 6238 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cold welcome for Jamaica U-17s in T&T
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 12:48:11 PM »
TTFF didn't have no money to pay the Maxi driver, so the official never reach the airport...
:rotfl:
I was gonna mock Jack Warner, but you beat me

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cold welcome for Jamaica U-17s in T&T.
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »
all yuh, two words that can conclude dis thread...

"JACK WARNER"

talk done!!!!  :-X

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 01:11:53 PM »
Alyuh forget when we arrived in the airport (in Texas I believe) for the last GC  how the immigration treat we? Let them fight up with immigration, but we should have officials on hand to assist in getting them to the hotels and such.
eh heh
totally agree

"However, quick action on the part of the home country's officials resulted in two "maxi taxis" being contracted at the last minute to ferry the young Jamaicans and their luggage."
good to see something was done eventually

and the food thing is confusing, maybe the hotel underestimated the amount of food that a group of this size would need.

Or the Jakans was like "never see come see" and was eating everything in site.....aside from being malnourished
Warrior For Life !!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 01:30:03 PM »
Alyuh forget when we arrived in the airport (in Texas I believe) for the last GC  how the immigration treat we? Let them fight up with immigration, but we should have officials on hand to assist in getting them to the hotels and such.
eh heh
totally agree

"However, quick action on the part of the home country's officials resulted in two "maxi taxis" being contracted at the last minute to ferry the young Jamaicans and their luggage."
good to see something was done eventually

and the food thing is confusing, maybe the hotel underestimated the amount of food that a group of this size would need.

Or the Jakans was like "never see come see" and was eating everything in site.....aside from being malnourished
So apart from the Young Reggae Boyz being malnorished. When did they realise that Trini food was bad for them.  ;D

jjbrown

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 01:42:40 PM »
Well it rainin nuff these days so I eh surprise it was cold when de reach. Is d TTFF all yuh what all yuh expect
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »
Why did TTFF host the tournament in the first place. You bad talk the govt. You know they govt will not give you money. Why host it? Since 94, TT has host the most CFU and Concacaf under age tournaments. It has not benefitted us much. Have we ever qualified for a WC when the tournament was hosted in TT? Let the other islands reciprocate and host the tournament. Let TTFF used the money to prepare the youth teams porperly.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 03:24:01 PM »
Why did TTFF host the tournament in the first place. You bad talk the govt. You know they govt will not give you money. Why host it? Since 94, TT has host the most CFU and Concacaf under age tournaments. It has not benefitted us much. Have we ever qualified for a WC when the tournament was hosted in TT? Let the other islands reciprocate and host the tournament. Let TTFF used the money to prepare the youth teams porperly.

oh gosh man Deeks...yuh jes gih bouff in another thread man  ;D. stop makin friggin sense nah! :rotfl:

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 04:59:29 PM »
There is something between Jamaicans and food that I just don't seem to be able to comprehend ;D. These lines are similar to some other complaints from Jamaica about another cfu country:

The situation almost sunk further into controversy after inadequate food was prepared for the team. One member of the hotel kitchen staff was overheard rebuking some members of the team for sharing their food too heavily. .

But, here is the killer:

The situation caused team coach Christopher Dawes to almost lose his cool

I just don't want to imagine what he was going to do if the food issue wasn't resolved 'quickly'  ;D

I love it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:02:09 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »
Results from the first day of matches.

31.7.08      U-17
 Grp D   Trinidad & Tobago - Bermuda   1:1
 Grp E   Dominican Rep - Netherland Antilles   2:1
 Grp E   Jamaica - Antigua & Barbuda   5:1
 Grp F   Suriname - US Virgin Islands   9:0
 Grp C   Haiti - St. Kitts & Nevis   2:0
 Grp A   Cuba - Dominica   7:0
 Grp A   St. Vincent & The Grenadines - Turks & Caicos Islands 4:1

Wow Trinibago!
 Seems like a bunch of "malnourished" Young Reggae Boyz won their first match by a big deficit   while your team drew.
Guess the cold treatment and the food given to the Boyz did not go according to plan. ;D   
jjbrown

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
Once it eh rice and peas dey have a problem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »
"In both speeches the cordial relationships which have existed between Trinidad and Jamaica particularly in the field of sports was commented on, and the utmost confidence was expressed that the high traditions of sportsmanship which have always prevailed will be maintained in the present games."

Guess what year that was written.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 11:45:12 AM »
"In both speeches the cordial relationships which have existed between Trinidad and Jamaica particularly in the field of sports was commented on, and the utmost confidence was expressed that the high traditions of sportsmanship which have always prevailed will be maintained in the present games."

1880...the year a young football vampire administrator was born
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »

1880...the year a young football vampire administrator was born

:rotfl: :rotfl: Dutty ah see yuh still in rare form boy!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »
All talk aside this kinda recption for our guests is not acceptable. I noticed  for the CONCACAF u-17, all teams had assigned coaches throughout . They were also put up at the Crowne Plaza. Through my connections, I hung out for a day or two with the USA head coach and he was impressed with the facilities and the treatment by the tournament officials etc.

The difference here must be that one toiurnament was sanctioned by CONCACAF and the other by TTFF. Nevertheless we ought to be better prepared to host our guests.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »
Ah do care how much you dislike the Jakans, this is no way to treat guests. That is shameful.  All of us Trinis should be ashamed of that kind of hosting.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2008, 09:56:03 PM »
Is not dat we not shame but is d TTFF we numb it doh affect we again when dey mess up dat is dey M O

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »
Jamiacan delegation have to take the blame for this stuff

1st thing stand on line in Customs like everybody else
That is the norm. Only in Trinidad man does want VIP customs line, when you go foreign is one line you have to go in and if you ask for special treatment you getting lock up as a terrorist.

The next thing is If you carry people children on a tour have all your details straight.

Group transportation, meals etc etc

The jamaicans should know who their ground transportation is and know what food they want and how much.

The problem is that you have amatures dealing with amatures and they expect the outcome to be professional.

This is how the conversation went between TnT and Jamaica

TnT :What day alyuh reaching

JA: We reaching in tomorrow on american airlines I forget what number but we reaching when it get dark.

TnT: OK when Alyuh reach call me on my cell
I done talk to meh partner with the Maxi already he say matters fix.

JA: OK brethren

TnT: You might have to wait a lil bit as he go take 2-3 trips as I feel ah next team might be on that flight. But I aint sure, They tell me is Turks and Caicos I not sure if that is one team or two.

JA:Irie man, everything curry

TnT: What is that you say, you want some curry when alyuh reach, no worries I go tell the Hotel to get the food ready, We go get some buss up shut from by patraj.
While you dey in the airport waiting for the Maxi eat a few doubles in the mean while. That way we aint go have to buy too much roti and the food aint go waste.

JA: Jah Bless Big Up, see you tomorrow.

TnT: later...matters fix.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2008, 11:03:16 AM »
All yuh comics is d best

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
Jamiacan delegation have to take the blame for this stuff

1st thing stand on line in Customs like everybody else
That is the norm. Only in Trinidad man does want VIP customs line, when you go foreign is one line you have to go in and if you ask for special treatment you getting lock up as a terrorist.

The next thing is If you carry people children on a tour have all your details straight.

Group transportation, meals etc etc

The jamaicans should know who their ground transportation is and know what food they want and how much.

The problem is that you have amatures dealing with amatures and they expect the outcome to be professional.

This is how the conversation went between TnT and Jamaica

TnT :What day alyuh reaching

JA: We reaching in tomorrow on american airlines I forget what number but we reaching when it get dark.

TnT: OK when Alyuh reach call me on my cell
I done talk to meh partner with the Maxi already he say matters fix.

JA: OK brethren

TnT: You might have to wait a lil bit as he go take 2-3 trips as I feel ah next team might be on that flight. But I aint sure, They tell me is Turks and Caicos I not sure if that is one team or two.

JA:Irie man, everything curry

TnT: What is that you say, you want some curry when alyuh reach, no worries I go tell the Hotel to get the food ready, We go get some buss up shut from by patraj.
While you dey in the airport waiting for the Maxi eat a few doubles in the mean while. That way we aint go have to buy too much roti and the food aint go waste.

JA: Jah Bless Big Up, see you tomorrow.

TnT: later...matters fix.

So what about Cuba and the Turk & Caicos Islands?
jjbrown

1]; } ?>