April 18, 2024, 01:25:38 PM

Author Topic: Why no player from the under 17 WC team cant make the senior team?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are these youths so bad that 1 or 2 of them cant get a cobeau sweat from time to time on the senior team? Is not as if the current senior team are starlets. I say give 1 or 2 guys who played in the under 17 WC a chance to hone their skills at the senior level. If Dwight could ah make de strike squad at 17 (Ok ah know he is an exception), so I think we should give the youths a chance.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why no player from the under 17 WC team cant make the senior team?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:45:11 AM »
When Gay and Adams was on de team alot of complaining was going on about their selection ahead of more experienced players ..plenty man was saying we choosing schoolboys over professionals...Look at how de tide turning now..Allyuh Trinis like ting yes!..Ah will sit back and watch this one develop cause ah know it go be interesting again  :D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:22:08 AM »
Where Gay 2day playin wit d under 20 where he belong if dey good enough no problem wit them on d team but dey green
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:21:03 AM »
When Gay and Adams was on de team alot of complaining was going on about their selection ahead of more experienced players ..plenty man was saying we choosing schoolboys over professionals...Look at how de tide turning now..Allyuh Trinis like ting yes!..Ah will sit back and watch this one develop cause ah know it go be interesting again  :D

Yea, and we can't just put them cuz they young and promising but those who definitely know is a one of a kind.  Yorke is a one of a kind, and there is no one of a kind discovered yet.  Gay and Adams is no one of a kind.  They need experience but they should get it in their respective u-20 or 17 teams.  Only Kahleem Hyland can hold it down so far because of his talent with big body structure.  Jamal Gay not far behind

Offline SuperTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 05:34:11 AM »
Yeah...lets wait till they ready.....but wait.....how dey gonna get ready.....playing U20 ball...or in de pro league of trinidad and tobago. Yeah right.....every last one of the best youth talent needs to be professional oversees by 18. Thats what the rest of the world does.I cannot wait until we don't qualify. As Trinidadian football fans we always thinking bout now. Never the future. Our youth set up is one of the worst. U rarely see a group progress from U15 TO senior level. Well...it makes no difference because we WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR THE NEXT WORLD CUP .... :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
If d plan is 2014 then include dem but since like Martin Luther we have a dream of 2010 d eh up 2 scratch
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
Are these youths so bad that 1 or 2 of them cant get a cobeau sweat from time to time on the senior team? Is not as if the current senior team are starlets. I say give 1 or 2 guys who played in the under 17 WC a chance to hone their skills at the senior level. If Dwight could ah make de strike squad at 17 (Ok ah know he is an exception), so I think we should give the youths a chance.

Who you had in mind?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

Yea, and we can't just put them cuz they young and promising but those who definitely know is a one of a kind.  Yorke is a one of a kind, and there is no one of a kind discovered yet.  Gay and Adams is no one of a kind.  They need experience but they should get it in their respective u-20 or 17 teams.  Only Kahleem Hyland can hold it down so far because of his talent with big body structure.  Jamal Gay not far behind
you know Hyland was not part of dat U-17 team right?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 02:17:30 PM »

you know Hyland was not part of dat U-17 team right?

im talking about all the youth teams in general

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
Plenty people supported Adams and Gay when they made the senior team.  It seems they are very good prospects. But we want to make surethey are selected on merit, not because of who they know, or who is their youth coach or acting as an agent for them. There was some controversy surrounding that last time. Personally I would like to see Leston Paul and Stephan Campbell try out for the team as I don't believe they are affiliated with anyone on the coaching staff. But I'm not 100% positive of that.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »
Plenty people supported Adams and Gay when they made the senior team.  It seems they are very good prospects. But we want to make surethey are selected on merit, not because of who they know, or who is their youth coach or acting as an agent for them. There was some controversy surrounding that last time. Personally I would like to see Leston Paul and Stephan Campbell try out for the team as I don't believe they are affiliated with anyone on the coaching staff. But I'm not 100% positive of that.
    Aye Zandolie you are just making assumtions about players not being chosen on merit..any youth player regardless of their talent and potential could have being chosen during that period and would not have had full support because people just didnt want to see youth players playing ahead of experienced players ..Is not about Gay or leston Paul (your choice)..its the fact any selection of a schoolboy player over an experienced player (who aint do shit for two ,three years) will be an argument...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:39:50 PM by Sando prince »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
    Aye Zandolie you are just making assumtions about players not being chosen on merit..any youth player could have being chosen during that period and would not have had full support because people just didnt want to see youth players playing ahead of experienced players ..Is not about Gay or leston Paul..its the fact any selection of a schoolboy player over an experienced player (who aint do shit for two ,three years) will be an argument...

If I recall correctly from discussion on the board, both Adams and Gay were connected to the Corneals, either through representation or coaching. I was real glad they were being selected in light of their youth and the fact that members of that U-17 team needed to be exposed to pace and strength.

But when a youth man can't even make his PFL club 1st team then you have to wonder. Especially when its a friggin 19 year old that keeping him off the team and in the reserves. So if 16 year old Adams can make the senior team, how come the 19 year old who keeping Adams off Connection 1st team can't even make a senior call-up, far less the shitsnake U-23 olympic team breds? Is it because the coach has put his personal interest ahead of the RBW?

As I said I supported their initial selection, but when bout 1/2 the team either getting rep or coach by the Corneals and associated that is just not right, youth players or not.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:31:41 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 11:19:01 AM »

Who you had in mind?

Well once Adams and Gay were in the squad they should have been kept their to improve their game. At their ages, they are more likely to make improvement than some of the older ones.

1]; } ?>