March 28, 2024, 06:56:05 AM

Author Topic: Plane ticket...bag fee!  (Read 3453 times)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Plane ticket...bag fee!
« on: August 03, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
Ah lookin to buy a ticket to trini in d next day or 2, havent been home for 3 yrs. I hearin some/all airlines chargin a fee for luggage now, so while I findin prices all $100 less on Spirit and ting I hear they charge for it. Lookin to go home first week in Sept and jus wondering exactly which airlines do or don't charge and what websites is d best to find a ticket and wha time of day is best to search. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Plane ticket...bag fee!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:46:16 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:40:22 AM »
aye 2Cents,
check this thread
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=35999.msg428132#msg428132

dais my ...........

Thank yuh fadda...ah fren jus tell me dem luggage fee is only for domestic flight so i ent have to study that. Quick question though...for anyone who had a layover...find ah good ticket...flight landin Miami 8:45 and leaving for Trini at 10...is that enough time to collect ur luggage and make d next plane on time? bless

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:21:06 AM »
aye 2Cents,
check this thread

dais my ...........

Thank yuh fadda...ah fren jus tell me dem luggage fee is only for domestic flight so i ent have to study that. Quick question though...for anyone who had a layover...find ah good ticket...flight landin Miami 8:45 and leaving for Trini at 10...is that enough time to collect ur luggage and make d next plane on time? bless
No!!! not in Miami airport
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 12:34:56 PM »
yesterday i post in this thread and say i flew american airlines 2 days ago and it got deleted

mods we beefin?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
aye 2Cents,
check this thread

dais my ...........

Oh f**k son!!! ah buy d ticket yo...ah didnt want to lose it...i don't really know about layovers and thing cuz i always took direct flight. Now i'm very worried...it was d best ticket i found so i guess i jus hada pray to make it in d hour and 15...good lookin though...bless

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:34:08 PM »
aye 2Cents,
check this thread

dais my ...........

Oh f**k son!!! ah buy d ticket yo...ah didnt want to lose it...i don't really know about layovers and thing cuz i always took direct flight. Now i'm very worried...it was d best ticket i found so i guess i jus hada pray to make it in d hour and 15...good lookin though...bless

wear comfortable running shoes!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
aye 2Cents,
check this thread

dais my ...........

You cutting it real tight dey dred, no lie...and Miami is sprawling.  I'd try and sit near the front of the plane, or at least explain things to the flight attendants and see if they'll let you off the NY flight near the front so you could scramble.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
Dreaaaaaaaaaaad!!!! Allyuh stop now...stop to f**k...makin a big man wanna cry yo. I had no idea and it was 2 in d mornin i find d flight...didnt have anyone to ask this type of stuff so i went and buy d ticket. D email dey send done say it cyar change or ah hada pay more and thing, is ah judgement but i go try my best to call customer service n c if it have any way dey could help.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 07:27:09 PM »
Dreaaaaaaaaaaad!!!! Allyuh stop now...stop to f**k...makin a big man wanna cry yo. I had no idea and it was 2 in d mornin i find d flight...didnt have anyone to ask this type of stuff so i went and buy d ticket. D email dey send done say it cyar change or ah hada pay more and thing, is ah judgement but i go try my best to call customer service n c if it have any way dey could help.

I don't know that it's impossible to connect in such a short layover...just saying that it's difficult.  Last I flew thru there I had an hour and a half and barely made it with 15 mins to spare.  That was because I was naive though and really wasn't watching the time like that.  If you hustle and be vigilant about it I think you should be okay.  To change the itinerary now might be another $100 unless they feel real sorry for you (and even then they may not be able to waive the fee).  Just bite de bullet and hustle between planes.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »

doh study it, i just saying last time i pass thru there i went with ah 1 hour and a half layover and barely skate it in time, but that was my first time through miami so i wasn't on the all out hustle since i didnt realize till late in de game that my situation was dire.

they have labels on the walls telling u how far you are from the gates in minutes, so you could kinda gauge if you need to step up yuh pace depending on how the time going.

the biggest delay is that sour immigration line and then also i think it better that you are going down d road so you don't have to collect back your bags like i did when i was coming up to the states.

say wah.. worst case scenario you get bump on a later flight home at no extra cost.. If they book you on that itinerary i dont think they can turn around and charge you for it if you miss the flight..

doh sweat it man, think positive, walk with light hand luggage and ah climacool jersey and open yuh stride lol.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »
Go wit God and leh we know how u make out
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 06:56:22 AM »
Boy 2cents...trust de advice yuh get so far.......yuh goh have to run like hell to get from gate to gate...whenever I have to pass tru Miami I making sure I have at least 3 hours between flights....I aint able nah.....so like Weary say....may the Lord be with you...

.....and run on de people movers, doh play yuh walking nah.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 08:39:59 AM »

I don't know that it's impossible to connect in such a short layover...just saying that it's difficult.  Last I flew thru there I had an hour and a half and barely made it with 15 mins to spare.  That was because I was naive though and really wasn't watching the time like that.  If you hustle and be vigilant about it I think you should be okay.  To change the itinerary now might be another $100 unless they feel real sorry for you (and even then they may not be able to waive the fee).  Just bite de bullet and hustle between planes.
this is my experience too...you goh make it (most likely :) ) but I was naive and was jus strolling and then in the end realize - buh wait nah  ???  but you have the heads up, so you should be able to cut it in time....
buh doh look too antsy before you hit immigration cuz they might want to give you a lil 'special attention' (as the israelis call it), but after that, ask questions, read signs and make sure you make it efficient...and run if you have to...jus do as everybody say and doh get tie up and feel you have plenty time.  but I think you will make it with a 10mins to spare.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 08:46:36 AM »
Wha airlines you coming TT on?.....if is CA they go be delayed yuh go make it with time to spare.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »
2Cents, ask Ato to recommend ah runnin shoes to wear, in case ya have to toes it ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:58:59 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 10:00:13 AM »
Aye allyuh real wild yo, Trini ppl d only ppl go feel sorry for u and laugh at u at d same time. All kinda climacool jersey talk, allyuh wicked but is all good, ah real takin this ting serious after allyuh hype mih.
It's American Airlines Sept 3rd...NY to Miami, then to Trini...but coming back up on Caribbean. I used to always take BWIA in college so never really deal with layovers but i'm learnin my lesson so thanks for all d info. bless

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »
Just leh we know what happen on sep 4th
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »
Welllll...glad to say all d panic was for nothing. Reach Miami and the gate for d connecting flight was right opposite...ah 3 minutes walk...and dey change mih bags for me automatic so ah was normal. Come down same flight with Joe Public and all them Fifa men and thing. Thanks for all d advice n ting all d same though...

Ah leavin 1am Sunday mornin...but if allyuh limin or know wey to find a good lime link mih 756-2591 (Darryl) and hail d rasta youth. Ah in Arima but goin some bar down town side to watch football with mih padna from St James saturday mornin so if allyuh does be in dat we go drink somethin....bless.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
Welllll...glad to say all d panic was for nothing. Reach Miami and the gate for d connecting flight was right opposite...ah 3 minutes walk...and dey change mih bags for me automatic so ah was normal. Come down same flight with Joe Public and all them Fifa men and thing. Thanks for all d advice n ting all d same though...

Ah leavin 1am Sunday mornin...but if allyuh limin or know wey to find a good lime link mih 756-2591 (Darryl) and hail d rasta youth. Ah in Arima but goin some bar down town side to watch football with mih padna from St James saturday mornin so if allyuh does be in dat we go drink somethin....bless.
Good to hear that you got through OK
enjoy ya holiday
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »
Nice 2 cts u shoulda check we sat man u stick assumin u went 2 d game

1]; } ?>