April 24, 2024, 11:04:10 PM

Author Topic: Question???  (Read 9270 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question???
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »
jus slightly offtopic

Bakes you don't get punished for losing to an inferior team...

You can't get minus points in de system. zero points for a lorse and thais it... you get points for win or draw and the goals scored... you get bonus points if you are the away team.

You get bonus for beating teams above you, because there is a multiplier for rank and there is a mutiplier for confederation strength.
Then there is tiered multipliers for confederationl competition, World Cup qualifiers, inter-confederation competition and the World Cup itself is max!

something so...
the details are easily found even on this site.. if anybody care to look... i have posted the old details before and i pretty sure midknight post the new system recently.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
My last positive report was vs El Salvador...

I call it as I see it all factors being taken into consideration.

It is not intended as a serious analytical piece per say. But rather a fill in the blank, giving you the fans perspective sort of thing, read it in that perspective and enjoy. I will give all details even the TV camera will not provide.

I do this report for my father who is unable to see the game. This is how it started...tv game availablity has reduced its usefulness but there was a time even radio commentary on TT games was a rare thing.

I do try to put some modicum of effort into it and sometimes in an attempt to remember all details...I sometimes do not enjoy the game as I should and certain experiences I have to curtail.

Please remember as well, none of you afford me the opportunity to see any of these games and it has taken a toll on me, time, travel financially etc.

Honestly I am not too critical, I have taken some of your opinions into context, I let plenty things slide and I have lowered my standards considerably in an attempt to "please" some of you...but in the long run doing so is unfair to everyone. I shan't give you a false sense of security and pull the wool over your eyes like the other Press writers.

I was told by one of them that they HAVE TO PUT A POSITIVE SPIN on it to make people come out to the games...we are a waggonist society and only support when the team is doing well. This is evident and as such, take even their articles with some salt as well.

I only want the team to do well, just like you and will continue describing their progress as they go along.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

P.S...we will do well against El Salvador in the next friendly, we match up well against them, historically we always do well and we are more physical.

I could understand the people clamoring for more positive reporting of our national team.

I too would like to sit and read reports of promise and potential, and of progress within the national setup. I mean after all, lets be honest, the Soca Warriors is the only football team we have an ingrained and bloodline affiliation to and as football fans, it will be forever the team closest to each and every one of our hearts. If we can't get ah good vibes from that then what else it have?? Arsenal or Chelsea or Bognor Regis FC?? 

So the natural reaction by many to shoot the messenger is predictable.

Touches, people will naturally interpret your reports differently for inherently differing reasons, and its up to you to determine whether the criticism is constructive or whether its just another knee jerk reaction to an unpalatable presentation of the raw facts as they currently stand.

I for one appreciate the honest assessment and refuse to settle for the mediocrity on display. There were few positives on Wednesday, and anyone who thinks otherwise is misguided.

What I saw out there wasn't good enough and I telling allyuh if we continue in that vein, 'there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth'.  If allyuh happy with that 2-0 that is allyuh business.

Mr. Jus Cool, I agree with you that we been always struggling in the grand scheme of things, but I don't agree that we have unrealistic expectations of the team. You forgetting that we slip from 60-something in the world to 102 and I can't accept that regardless of the mitigating circumstances. How long will we continue to cry about the blacklist? We need to get over it, push on and move forward.

It is a significantly worse brand of struggling we doing now than the struggling we was doing in recent years..

Also, I think the team is not using the best resources available and I don't agree with alot of the coaching decisions where selection and tactics are concerned. You cyah be still hunting for players to start in the side with the qualifiers a couple weeks away and you cyah be trialing Super League and Reserve Team players so close to the real deal games.

But as the eternal optimist, I'm hoping that with the added motivation and criticality of the competitive qualifying fixtures, our team will start to take shape and progress and peak at the right time.

After all, hope is all we have.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »
jus slightly offtopic

Bakes you don't get punished for losing to an inferior team...

You can't get minus points in de system. zero points for a lorse and thais it... you get points for win or draw and the goals scored... you get bonus points if you are the away team.

You get bonus for beating teams above you, because there is a multiplier for rank and there is a mutiplier for confederation strength.
Then there is tiered multipliers for confederationl competition, World Cup qualifiers, inter-confederation competition and the World Cup itself is max!

something so...
the details are easily found even on this site.. if anybody care to look... i have posted the old details before and i pretty sure midknight post the new system recently.

thanks for the clarification... now that you describe it, it does seem to ring a bell (the multiplier for higher rank), can't ever recall hearing about the multiplier for conference though, so that's definitely good information to know.

p.s. i wasn't suggesting that there was a penalty for losing to inferior teams...just saying if there was a reward for winning against superior teams, balance might similarly suggest the opposite.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2008, 07:20:51 PM »
If the team is as bad as we like to believe, then how come El Salvador (twice), Jamaica (twice), Haiti, Barbados, Netherland Antilies, Guyana, Bermuda, Grenada aint beat us.

How come the only team to score against us were England, Jamaica and Bermuda.

Haiti, Guyana, Grenada Netherland Antillies, El Salvador (twice) Barbados etc aint score against us.

nb: i put bermuda in because we beat them 3-2 overall on aggregate!!

How come the only team to beat us this year is England.

I am not saying that the team is playing well, and i am not saying that the coaching staff is gettingit right, but it cant be all bad if we are not losing!!

also, i know that we have not been playing against very strong opposition, but someting has to be going right if the team is winning.

ah love it!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

'Victories are won when ordinary players execute their assigned tasks'
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »
After I watch the game vs JA, I realize we eh ready. Looking at the basic ideas of the game from players and it not there. Then I saw the next game against England and I was like what the hell they call that what they doing? I saw the game Ash Wednesday in the Oval and I was mad I spend my money to watch that mess. I have seen better college teams. Maybe not better individual players, but better tactics, organization and ideas on the field. We have some work to do because even if we qualify for SA it would not mean anything in the grand scheme of things- just like qualifying for Germany means nothing at this point in time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »
We have some work to do because even if we qualify for SA it would not mean anything in the grand scheme of things

Huh?  ??? ???
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2008, 06:58:52 AM »
 i understand the situation with touches but i have to agree his report is simply his report and views on the game and how it tapered out regardless of who won

with his call it as i see it atitude it is easy to think that he dosent like tnt football but i say far from it :beermug:

so if u think that the report skewered in he view this is a pblic forum so jus dont click

"touches match report tnt vs......." at all ;D
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2008, 07:44:43 AM »

It takes into account strength of the region the opponent is from, current FIFA Ranking, importance of game and of course the result.
This link should direct you to a pdf pf the formula used for the ranking system as taken from the FIFA website.
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/rawrank/ip-590%5f10e%5fwrpointcalculation%5f8771.pdf

well yes

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »
Men quarrelling about why we not playing higher calibre teams

The truth is that in the eyes of the world, we really not that good and any other confederation other than the teams we playing right now, doesn't see a matchup against T&T to be worth the investment in enhancing their programme.. When ever we mention US and Mex and even CR we start talking about conceding upfront, ask ourselves why, in fact dont ask ourselves cause deep down we already know the answer.

That being said, we just shut out the Caribbean Champions and put in two goals... I taking that..

We starting to win games ugly... I taking that... Because of seeing the game live i am able to put the result in context.. We surely not playing well at all so the expectation levels doh really go anywhere as a supporter even though the results of late have been good.

Six consecutive clean sheets.... I taking that.... Makan Hislop if allowed to continue has the the potential to be one of the best CB in Concacaf......

Another step is the team's abilty to perform on foreign shores, we will see how they do in the away matches to come...

You have to build credibility in the football world. Let the coaches continue their work

I trying to stay away from forecasting this team's progress. Frankly its a bit mind boggling and i doh get paid for this.. I will just wait and see...

Well said sah!  - - talk shoulda done after this post people. The man hit the nail on the head!

G you are NOT the weakest link!  ..... in a forum full of weak links!

The coaching staff needs to be held fully accountable for player selection and tactics.  If the players selected do not have the technical ability or tactical fortitude to execute - basic football fundamentals - how then do they get selected to play on the national team??

As a youth - lil personal history here - I was cut from a national squad (last cut) coached by Mr. St. Claire - because I was not able to consistently execute a basic / fundamental ....trap the keepers punt out of the air ...with your laces ...and initiate the attack... -  BASIC!

Because other players could execute CONSISTENTLY - they were selected to rep the country ...and I was not.   Tough to swallow as a youth..but now as a coach I understand that a standard must be set and enforced even if it means killing or postponing a dream!!

What standard have our coaches set for our players? -- how long does it take to evaluate a player? Surely not 10 - 12 games! -- we should be closer to identifying our strongest 22 by now.  11 local 11 foreign based.

Maybe we should start a poll - Name your strongest Foreign based vs Local Based???  and that see if those 22 players could stand against the Big 3?!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »
We have some work to do because even if we qualify for SA it would not mean anything in the grand scheme of things

Huh?  ??? ???

After we qualified for Germany and was not embarassed at the WC (in terms of score), everyone believed that "we reach" and there would have been an explosion of football in the country. I remember how many contracts we players were going to get and all that jazz. Now look at us 2 years later, fighting to be Bermuda.
No viable, long term structure was put in place to assist in developing the next Latas, Dwight, Leonson, Nakhid or Shaka. We have more youth teams playing now, but as soo as we step out of our comfort zone (caribbean region) we are shown quickly how far back we are in terms of development. Take for example the U 20 in the super league, one would think with a superior coach, greater budget, more resources and the best of the best players in the country on the team the U 20 would be dominating the league, but this is not the case. How then can you tell a youth man who playing on a team in the super league he cannot make the national team when he just finish beating them. Where is the seperation between the average and the elite?
In the grand scheme of things Germany was just another party. We are in a state of dis array and struggling to get by on the field. Basic play is not mastered by oure players and this is galring when placed in the spot light. Germany should have left us with relevant resources to address such shortcomings. As football go, we may qualify for SA and the partyu will be back on, then come time for BRazil we will be scrambling again to put a squad together while keeping our fingers cross that we may get to arty one more time. In the grand scheme of things this party will mean nothing just as the previous party mean nothing right now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2008, 04:32:48 PM »
It was a hell of a party
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>