April 19, 2024, 11:20:00 AM

Author Topic: The King gets the axe  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The King gets the axe
« on: August 07, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »

When the national anthems are being played before Jamaica face Canada in their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier in Toronto on August 20, Marlon King will not be around. King, one of the leading strikers for Jamaica over the last four years has not been recalled to the squad by Technical Director Rene Simoes.

“He has not yet received a call up for that game as yet,” responded the media manager of Wigan Athletic, when contacted Wednesday by JamaicaWin.com. “Maybe he will get a call soon.” That was the response given regarding King’s call up for the game against Canada.

Technical director Rene Simoes then confirmed that all the players for this game have been officially notified. “All the players have been called,” Simoes said. “The final list will be made public when we finish the camp (on August 14).”

King last played for Jamaica against the Bahamas in the first of two games at the National Stadium, scoring once in a 7-0 thrashing. Perhaps the writing was on the wall in the second game when he sat on the substitute’s bench for the 90 minutes.

In a letter to the media last month, Simoes hinted that there would be surprises. After speaking about discipline, self control, developing a winning habit and developing a positive and creative attitude, perhaps the most telling of all the passages would be the following: “Dear Jamaicans, these are the things we are working with our players, some will be there some will not. I will not compromise my principles in the name of a player, or the clubs or the persons who are connected to them,” he said in the ‘letter.’

Prompted by this letter which can be seen in its entirety on JamaicaWin.com , calls were made to clubs in England enquiring about the call up of Jamaican players to the squad for this game.

“We have to work as a team,” Simoes pointed out as he waited on his players after a practice match where they beat Premier League team Harbour View 2-1. “I have no time to work with those who cannot fit into the unit. When I came here the first time I had enough time to make changes as we went along. On this occasion, we have to work with those who can fit into the team.”

He went on to say that football has changed over the years to the point where any team can do without any one player. “Manchester United has not done badly since David Beckham moved to Real Madrid,” he pointed out.

This would not be the first time that Simoes has picked teams without some of Jamaica’s most celebrated players. Walter Boyd and Onandi Lowe come to mind, but there were others who were left off on various occasions as the Brazilian found them wanting. King was suspended for two years in 2006 by the past JFF administration for indiscipline, but he was reinstated by the new administration after the elections last November.

King made his debut for Jamaica against Venezuela in April, 2004 scoring once and two months later scored a hat-trick against Haiti in a World Cup qualifier at the National Stadium. The prolific striker scored twice when Jamaica beat El Salvador 3-0 in San Salvador.

The Brazilian said that the players for Jamaica’s second game in the qualifiers against Mexico on September 6 are yet to be confirmed. “It is a long time between the two games, so we have to wait and see. It could be the same players or we may call others,” he informed. “The door is never closed.”

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: The King gets the axe
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 04:49:12 PM »
 :'( ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:55:34 PM »
Man was captain now he cyah make a 18 man squad?

Ting is....in the games I saw with the Jamaican team, the 2 against T&T & the qualifiers against Bahamas, he was easily their most dangerous player for me.

Oh well....
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
Man was captain now he cyah make a 18 man squad?

Ting is....in the games I saw with the Jamaican team, the 2 against T&T & the qualifiers against Bahamas, he was easily their most dangerous player for me.

Oh well....

Problem with King is that he doesnt like to play as a central striker. He tracks back alot, and sometimes end up playing wide on teh wings....Some coaches would actually like this....Simoes seem to think its a weakness.

simoes is also known in the past to make it is point of duty to isolate players as soon as they become the central focusing point of his teams.

Its hard for a man to give up 3 weeks of his vacation time with his wife and newborn child to attend a training camp in jamaica, only to be kicked out of the side when it matters most.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
sports is not 4 d weak hearted
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »
well now he have plenty time to help gardner in the studio wit he shit song
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 06:56:47 PM »
and here I was thinking that Elvis was a woodsman.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »
is it me od does it look like he have too much sugar in he tank?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »

Oh fork....LMAO!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 08:39:58 PM »
It happen 2 Angus Eve nutten new
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »
like Simoes get the Alvin Corneal memo..go local  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »

This response deserves ah "lol"

ah love it!!

nb: some ah allyuh does really kill me on thsi site!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »
it is a long campaign he will be involved. maybe the player ask to be excused so he can get his wigan career off to a good start,

On away games jamaica are going to play with only fuller upfront and either 5 in the middle or the defense.

Simoes believe in defense first.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »
it is a long campaign he will be involved. maybe the player ask to be excused so he can get his wigan career off to a good start,

On away games jamaica are going to play with only fuller upfront and either 5 in the middle or the defense.

Simoes believe in defense first.

Fuller wont be called for Canada

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: oh lord Dutty
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 04:35:33 PM »
the REASON FINALLY OUT!!!

According to sports commentry on TVJ, oral tracy thought that the reason given buy JFF was fictitious and he did some snooping on his own, to find out that the reason for KING BEING AXED! is :

In the first Qualifier against BAHAMAS king was pissed about being substituted and him lick out him sound gainst SIMOES!wicked wicked and curse bare badword, so inturn SIMOES bench him in the return leg, and its reported that after the return leg match finished him did give it to simoes wickeder!!! than the first leg.

Come to think of it If look at the tapes u notice him never have on nuh shirt for the whole match so i guess him never intended to play even if simoes was to sub him on.

SO there u have it All speculation Closed! UNO have the reason now so wah uno a seh!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »
the REASON FINALLY OUT!!!

According to sports commentry on TVJ, oral tracy thought that the reason given buy JFF was fictitious and he did some snooping on his own, to find out that the reason for KING BEING AXED! is :

In the first Qualifier against BAHAMAS king was pissed about being substituted and him lick out him sound gainst SIMOES!wicked wicked and curse bare badword, so inturn SIMOES bench him in the return leg, and its reported that after the return leg match finished him did give it to simoes wickeder!!! than the first leg.

Come to think of it If look at the tapes u notice him never have on nuh shirt for the whole match so i guess him never intended to play even if simoes was to sub him on.

SO there u have it All speculation Closed! UNO have the reason now
so wah uno a seh!!!

i see......like he is keith rowley cousin  ....ah wahjang
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 11:55:39 PM »
My all time favorite Jamaican player is Lowe. De word from meh bois dem over dey, is dat he cool down and was doing good for his club in yard. Well recently, ah not sure how he is doing. However, for de sake of Jamaica, ah will love to see dat breddah terrorise all dem CONCACAF defense again (except T&T ;D). CLICK-CLICK
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:58:04 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>