April 27, 2024, 03:06:43 AM

Author Topic: Ma Pau gambling on Brazillians.  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ma Pau gambling on Brazillians.
« on: August 08, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »
Ma Pau gambling on Brazillians.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).
[/size]

Displeased by their rookie performance thus far in the TT Pro League, the  management of Ma Pau SC made the early move of sending head coach Ron La Forest on a talent search mission in Brazil—considered as the mecca football nation—and he returned full of confidence.

Promising a reshuffle—a term used in the game of cards—La Forest said that he handpicked players that could make the difference in his team’s debut year at the TT Pro League level.

Currently Ma Pau are in ninth position with just 8 points after twelve matches—unacceptable according to La Forest.

“We are hurting just as any parent would feel,” said la Forest. “We can consider ourselves bleeding at the moment.”

However La Forest still holds the hopes of finishing in the top six this season.

“At the beginning of the season we said that we are aiming to finish in the top six and we still hold this belief.”

Nine Brazilians are expected to arrive in Trinidad on Friday, seven players and two technical staff members all of Sao Paulo and scouted by La Forest in his June visit to Brazil.

“These players are going to add a new breed of life in Trinidad and Tobago football. They are going to bring entertainment and goals to our club which is something that we lack in local football,” continued the Ma Pau coach.

He said that the introduction of Brazillians had done alot for W Connection in the past and he hopes the same can happen for his club. La Forest is also expected to sign three Tobagonians during the transfer window as the club moves into a transition period. The Ma Pau coach is expected to name his cut later this week adding that only the best players will remain at the club.

Tomorrow Games

W Connection vs San Juan Jabloteh—4pm, Mannie Ramjohn Stadium

Defence Force vs Tobago United—6pm, Mannie Ramjohn Stadium

Joe Public vs Caledonia AIA—4pm, Marvin Lee Stadium

United Petrotrin vs Ma Pau SC—4pm, Palo Seco Recreation Ground

North East Stars vs St Ann’s Rangers—4pm, Larry Gomes Stadium
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ma Pau gambling on Brazillians.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »
I know the objective is to win, but this does not serve well for TT footbal in the long run. We need the teams to concentration on Trini talent. They need to groom the young ones. That is laziness on their part.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:21:46 PM »
I know the objective is to win, but this does not serve well for TT footbal in the long run. We need the teams to concentration on Trini talent. They need to groom the young ones. That is laziness on their part.

Agreed.
Although he talk about injecting new life into the club with a set of Brazilians...and three Tobagonians...he ent mention nothing about resigning as head coach  :-\
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:26:22 PM »
De man talkin bout bringin een Brazilian players to entertain fans and score goals

YET

Is PREVENTIN GOALS seem to be Ma Pau biggest problem.

Unless of course, he expect games to finish 6-5 and 5-4 on a regular basis.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 06:42:07 PM »
well if nothing else, its a good marketing move by Ma Pau.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »
Tomorrow Games

W Connection vs San Juan Jabloteh—4pm, Mannie Ramjohn Stadium

Defence Force vs Tobago United—6pm, Mannie Ramjohn Stadium

Joe Public vs Caledonia AIA—4pm, Marvin Lee Stadium

United Petrotrin vs Ma Pau SC—4pm, Palo Seco Recreation Ground

North East Stars vs St Ann’s Rangers—4pm, Larry Gomes Stadium

Amazingly, I was informed that Pro League games today were not played due to non- attendance by the referees due to a strike against the Pro League for non-payment of outstanding monies.  Joe Public versus Caledonia AIA and W Connection versus Jabloteh were definitely not played.  I was reliably informed that no other games were played also.

PS: Thanx for that clip Jah Gol....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 08:05:37 AM »
heard from reliable sources that ron la is a real ass as a coach

none of the players feel he ever respected them and openly told them thaqt the brazillians wee better and he was happy to see most of them leave

i hear the average cheque for a mau pau player is 900 a week
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:25:35 AM »
bring in the brazilians give dem ah lil exposure and sell dem outside, football business is bigger than the sport
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 09:36:15 AM »
heard from reliable sources that ron la is a real ass as a coach

none of the players feel he ever respected them and openly told them thaqt the brazillians wee better and he was happy to see most of them leave

i hear the average cheque for a mau pau player is 900 a week

yeah he continually told them how a bunch of them would be going home and how he couldnt wait for the brazilians to arrive
Back in Trini...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 10:30:09 AM »
as George Bush would ask
"How much is dat, Man?"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

This is business Deeks and the young Trini players will need to step up their game in the face of Brazilian players taking their spots. Yes the teams do need to groom youngsters but a new team like Ma Pau doesn't have the time to do that as yet.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »
I would think competition would serve TT football very well. Step up your game or step aside. If you're discouraged by competition, then you didn't have the necessary mentality in the first place.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »

This is business Deeks and the young Trini players will need to step up their game in the face of Brazilian players taking their spots. Yes the teams do need to groom youngsters but a new team like Ma Pau doesn't have the time to do that as yet.
I would think competition would serve TT football very well. Step up your game or step aside. If you're discouraged by competition, then you didn't have the necessary mentality in the first place.

this is how I see it too...

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 03:01:14 PM »
Actually this could help to groom young T&T players and I think it will serve T&T football very well.  Most of the players on the other teams in the league are locals. These guys will get a chance to play against brazilians on a regular basis.  While the Brazilians at mau pau are not likely to be anywhere near the level of ronaldinho or Kaka, they will still bring a different style and level of competition to the league that most of the local players would not normally be exposed to.  In that respect it will help T&T football in the long run.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 03:51:32 PM »

Competition is good but is of reduced value when introduced at such a late stage.  No amount of competion when you are already a big man can make up for lack of development at youth. Ma Pau management trying to emulate Connection but they going about it wrong. Connection doh jes pick up a setta Brazilians willy nilly. Connection brings in young foreigners too and develops them in their reserve and youth squads and makes sure their youth teams are always competitive. Ron La dreaming if he feels putting Brazilians in a shopping cart can hide poor coaching and tactics.

Ma Pau can do what they want but they need to spend $$$ on getting their youth exposed to high standards of football so they do compete well when the time comes.  They and the rest of the Pro-League except for Jabloteh need to take a deeper look at how Connection really operates.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »
I am no xenophobic, but I think that they should try to put emphasis on the young Trinis. All the money being spent on bring them guys, then the salaries to entice them to leave Brazil, could have been spent the local guys. So what if they lose. They are a young team. They should have no fear of being demoted because of the way the league is structured.

What would have been nice is if the Ma Pau people and Fakoory from Rangers could have formed an alliance. They would have put money into a team that has been around and struggling for a very long time. Too bad.

But good luck, Ron. I hope your team is so entertaining that it will bring people out to see som football.

1]; } ?>