April 28, 2024, 07:08:27 PM

Author Topic: Player ratings - CR v T&T  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Player ratings - CR v T&T
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:50:26 PM »
KELVIN JACK - 6 - Good game but made one costly mistake. Kept it simple. Did not try to be creative on the distribution nor take unnecessasry chances except when the second goal was scored from the free kick we was nowhere near the ball because his positioning was very poor for the free kick. he underestimated the player's ability to dip it over the wall and he was nowhere near it.

DENNIS LAWRENCE - 7 - Nothing special tonight. He should have been fresher but it did not show. came forward twice but did nothing on those forays. Showed nothing in the air when we had free kicks.

MARVIN ANDREWS - 6 - Looks tired but played his heart out. Jumping for offensive headers and taking his eyes of the ball. Kept trying for the long ball distribution upfield instead of going to Carlos Edwards.

IAN COX - 7 - Saved Spann's many embarassing moments. Dealt well with Wanchope in one on one but was twice turned inside out by Gomez on the same beat that set up the first goal. Not very effective going forward and has a left foot that is weak and inaccurate.

SILVIO SPANN - 5 - Worst game I have seen him play. He was being beaten all ends up and passed all night. Made some forays upfield to link well with Latas early in the game but got lost after about 10 minutes and never recovered.

AURTIS WHITLEY - 7 - The guy keeps improving. This was a good game and a few times he took on the defence but not enough times to have a big impact. Had a balanced game and made some crisp passes. Can do much better if he is given liberty to attack and takes his shots from the 18yd line like Birchall does.

CHIRS BIRCHALL - 6 - Had a horrible start ( even picked up a yellow) but recovered well in a battling appearance. Had a great shot to goal saved in the second half, he continues to have at least one good pop at goal per game which is good for the team because they can set up that shot for him like Latapy did.

DWIGHT YORKE- 8 - Captain Fantastic worked his butt off but played too deep for long periods.

RUSSELL LATAPY- 9 - Without Latas this team would like very ordinary. He had the most creative passing and set up most of the shots on goal. Had a good pop at goal himself late in the game but his movement left and right of the field and the fact that he was getting the ball a lot made it mush easier for the team to attack through him.

CARLOS EDWARDS - 7 - Way under-utilised. He should have been given the ball a lot more tonight because he was always willing to go forward quickly. Pretty solid game though.

SCOTT SEALY - 4 - wasted three very good opportunities and did not run at anybody.

STERN JOHN - 4 - I think he should blame the astro-turf or the flight or tiredness or something. Stern was just not into it. Its not that Latapy was not looking to give him passes it was his positioning was poor and sometimes his touch overcooked. Could not repeat the instinctive play that got him the two goals against Guat.

JASON SCOTLAND - 7 - Had a very good chance but missed. He seemed willing to run at people and fight for balls.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Player ratings - CR v T&T
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 11:10:34 PM »
thanks...for soemone whjo couldn't see the game I am grateful for that synopsis.
sounds like the same old, same old unfortunately.....

Offline laughing

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 11:14:25 PM »
Who in the world would give Marvin Andrews a rating more than 4 and give Silvio a rating as low as five.. are you thinking? Or just talking?  Sivio is playing out of position on the "wrong" side of the field and without a left midfielder to help him on defense whilst having to go forward.  Ian Cox did nothing to cover him.. and killed us by turning his back on a stricker that was running at him.. NOt even Silvio would do that.  We could not have been watching the same game.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 11:31:57 PM »
Who in the world would give Marvin Andrews a rating more than 4 and give Silvio a rating as low as five.. are you thinking? Or just talking?  Sivio is playing out of position on the "wrong" side of the field and without a left midfielder to help him on defense whilst having to go forward.  Ian Cox did nothing to cover him.. and killed us by turning his back on a stricker that was running at him.. NOt even Silvio would do that.  We could not have been watching the same game.

i didnt see he game but going by what u said it seems as if spann played in the defense...can u confirm that for me? and if he did where?
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 11:50:36 PM »
thanx.. I await the full match report

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 06:27:14 AM »
i didnt see he game but going by what u said it seems as if spann played in the defense...can u confirm that for me? and if he did where?

From what I heard Spann played left back
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 06:54:19 AM »
The team played with a 3421 system. Lawrence as sweeper Andrews on the right and Cox on the left at wing back Carlos on the right and Spann on the left. Birchall and Whitley in the middle with Latapy and Yorke behind Stern.

The Costa Rican team took advantage of the right side defensive bias of our team and concentrated the majority of their attacks on the left hand side this left Cox and Spann in isolation since no other midfielder or defender found themselves on the left hand side to offer defensive support.

Spann did ok he overlapped well but was often caught out of position when attacks brokedown and Cox was a mess whenever he was attacked directly. He did much better covering would have been a better choice as sweeper but I guess the coach prefered Lawrences height in the middle.

Whitley  was a wonder in the middle if only the coach wanted him as an attacker instead of a defensive midfielder.

Offline Newkid

• New Warrior
  • I love the beautiful game
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 12:49:20 PM »
Solo , stern john had a good game you are letting your bias cloud your judgement. His positioning was good, he ran more than normal and attempted to run at men. he set up marvin with a chance at goal, sealy with two chances, soctland with one. he was very good in holding up the ball and bring other players into the game. Where i think t&t failed, was in the midfield, where carlos did not stretch the field, only one time was he able to get behind the defense and that one time caused the costa rician defense trouble. Latapy was marked by two men when ever he got the ball but the other midfield did not make use of the space when he found them or did not show for the ball. we missed the carlos/ spann combo. Hopfully it would be restored next game.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 01:33:40 PM »
birchall shouldve done better with his shot.
cant fault dog for his because he had to awkwardly torque his body to flick the shot.
Hart for president

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 02:05:54 PM »
I agree with you about Andrews, after reading the posts last nite and man say he throw awaya sitter, ah was blu, but maybe I doh understand what a sitter is, but I would quicker qualify that as a half chance...
Disagree about Birchall, it was a very good shot and a very good save...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 02:26:05 PM »
Ah go say this doh...Dawg was trailing as how ah does always see in Highlights( he usually good otherwise), when ah nex team score on we...and he fix Jack easy..easy...so ah think if he did just try to block the persons pull back, we woulda be good to go...buh so the ball bounces sometimes... ;D...Jes a lil heckle Dog...doh dig.. :devil:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 05:10:53 PM »

Disagree about Birchall, it was a very good shot and a very good save...

nah man from the highlights it looked straight on goal, if not a little high.
Hart for president

1]; } ?>