April 28, 2024, 08:02:15 PM

Author Topic: The bad news about last night that may haunt us  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The bad news about last night that may haunt us
« on: March 27, 2005, 03:17:48 PM »
is that many were expecting TT and Guat and Panama to be fighting for the 4th spot.

I was jus reading the FIFA regulations concerning games in this round.
If we tie with Guat at the end of the 10 games, they start looking at the results between the 2 teams in the group play.
Seeing that they blitz us 5-1 las nite, unless we can beat them 5-0 in the POS return, they will get the edge.
So if we going to the WC, we hadda aim now to finish 3rd at the least, and somehow find a way to put 5 on Guatemala in TT on Sept 3rd, just in case.
Then the fact that we have Mexico as our last game, it makes winning our next 2 home games vs CR and Panama totally essential. Winning in Panama is now an essential as well, no ifs or buts.

One thing for certain, we aint qualifying for Germany with games to spare. That is known.
Is either we flop big time like 2001, or it goes down to the wire, and we done know how T&T does play in pressure games that have meaning.

Pressure.

A couple T&T players have to step up and perform better than we ever see them play or expect them to play over the next 8 games, in odda words, we need some heroics (of the order greater than Latas and Leonson in 89), and some luck. We also need one of the teams to self destruct, like we did in 2001, and Costa Rica in 1997.
We not playing or getting the kinda luck right now to even make 7 pts in this entire round.
IT IS INDEED CRISIS TIME.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The bad news about last night that may haunt us
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 04:39:38 PM »
is that many were expecting TT and Guat and Panama to be fighting for the 4th spot.

If we tie with Guat at the end of the 10 games, they start looking at the results between the 2 teams in the group play.
Seeing that they blitz us 5-1 las nite, unless we can beat them 5-0 in the POS return, they will get the edge.
So if we going to the WC, we hadda aim now to finish 3rd at the least, and somehow find a way to put 5 on Guatemala in TT on Sept 3rd, just in case.
Then the fact that we have Mexico as our last game, it makes winning our next 2 home games vs CR and Panama totally essential. Winning in Panama is now an essential as well, no ifs or buts.

One thing for certain, we aint qualifying for Germany with games to spare. That is known.
Is either we flop big time like 2001, or it goes down to the wire, and we done know how T&T does play in pressure games that have meaning.

Pressure.

A couple T&T players have to step up and perform better than we ever see them play or expect them to play over the next 8 games, in odda words, we need some heroics (of the order greater than Latas and Leonson in 89), and some luck. We also need one of the teams to self destruct, like we did in 2001, and Costa Rica in 1997.
We not playing or getting the kinda luck right now to even make 7 pts in this entire round.

Funny you are speaking about crisis time and you defended this shoemaker for so long. Just proves my point about Trinbagonians. Aint know shit but want to talk the most.

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 08:35:10 PM »
sub, it was crisis time from day one!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 09:42:48 PM »

Pressure.

Funny you are speaking about crisis time and you defended this shoemaker for so long. Just proves my point about Trinbagonians. Aint know shit but want to talk the most.

Steups, if i didnt know better, i would think that you are almost happy that we losing in this manner now.
Is either yuh wear panty or u is jus a natural fassy, yuh damn jackass.
Boss, when las i check, Trinidad was losing. The country that is yours and mine.
I done admit already that you and Triniman d fagget was right about BSC, get over it.
Lord, you want knighthood now?
We both want T&T to succeed, focus your parading and sowboating attitutde about BSC and his followers into a positive light nah.
How long will you harp upon the BSC fact?
This is football boss, anything can happen.
The best managers in the world are hired and fired constantly.
BSC was the best T&T coach of all time with regards to accomplishments, and had the team played the best in terms of attractive ball and team camaraderie  in 1999, heck we even set a new record, unbeaten in 9 games straight in that period, then we went on to come 3rd in the gold cup.
I defend BSC, but a big part was that we had nobody even close locally to replace him, and i still feel so, and we dont have the $$ to get a quality foreign coach.
So unless you want to go and sell yuh soul in curepe junction and donate some money to the TTFF, shut the f**k up and start talking realistic and possible scenarios and stop dwelling on critisising the T&T supporters over and over who was supporting they local coach through thick and thin.
As i said, is like you happy trinidad and tobago getting beaten now.
Nobody say shit and yuh come sliding in........ all of a sudden from nowhere.
I feel u is a guyanese.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 09:52:01 PM »
allyuh fighting more dan de damn warriors dem when dem on de field we.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
maybe they should start reading the message boards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 09:53:44 PM »

1]; } ?>