April 23, 2024, 07:58:48 PM

Author Topic: Hyland will join Premiership  (Read 26268 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hyland will join Premiership
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
all this talk about the spanner gerrard, get WHAT HAPPENED AFTER?

well de bar i was in... everybody bawl out like jamette and de carnival start... we start to like weself like mad...  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 09:33:15 PM »
Exactly dcs all yuh want he agent 2 change d WP rules? When I saw dat Jan Micheal get blank I know we salt plus d rankin eh helpin niether
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 03:06:59 AM »
Hyland will get through on the next try ! remember we was @ 102 in the fifa ranking about 2 weeks ago which leads me to believe that they put in for the permit when we was above 100, now we under 100 @ 92.

i don 't see what will hinder him on the next try, he have the caps reqired, he have the rating reqired aswell so i would say it's ah rap.

time will tell.                                            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 05:45:13 AM »
From www.skysports.com on 2008.08.13

Portsmouth are still holding out hope they will be able to sign Trinidad & Tobago international Khaleem Hyland.

As revealed by skysports.com back in July, Portsmouth have lined up a deal to bring Hyland to Fratton Park

The 19-year-old is very highly rated in his homeland and Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has been looking to sign him for over a year.

Hyland enjoyed a trial at Pompey last year alongside compatriots Lester Peltier and Atullah Guerra and all three were offered deals but none were able to secure work permits.

Hyland has gone on to become a full T&T international and featured against England in their friendly in the Port of Spain in June - but the British Home Office do not take non-competitive games into account.

He is also now a free agent after rejecting a new contract with San Juan Jabloteh and Pompey are continuing their efforts to sign him.

"We have always been looking at Hyland but there are complications with the work permit situation," said chief executive Peter Storrie.

"At the moment he fails to satisfy the criteria. He has played in friendly matches but they have to be competitive so do not count.

"It's a shame because he is very much one for the future and a player we are interested in.

"We are not even sure when we will find out the outcome, it's a case of how long is a piece of string.

"The powers that be are still working towards the permit so we will just have to wait and see."
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 06:01:39 AM »
I just find is ah real shame that these work permit rules keeping so much ah we young players out ah top flight football where dem can develop, improve and strengthen our selection pool. This ruling that because of our ranking that one of our players cannot displace ah english player is crap..if the club's scout find we players will fit into dem club, den dat should be good enough...but i guess England lookin out for dem own yute too which i cyah blame dem for..jus as a trini i would like to see our players get ah bligh..hope he goes out there and really work hard..

on the other hand now what d skin is dis i hearing bout he agent keep he from playing cause he fraid he break he foot...dais d chupidest ting i ever hear..poor sancho yes...Hyland havebrittle bone or wah? dat jus doh make no sense and for Hyland to agree wid dah crap, sounds kinda girlish to me..u is ah footballer..u start playin football in all kinda oloe filed and kicking bottle and now cause u feel u get big u eh wah play cause u go break yuh foot...steupssssssss....gimme a break nah man, get serious eh, u and ur manager..and i hope sancho read this article and see dat he have ah quack for ah agent
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 06:12:39 AM »
I think the rule is rank 70 in the world, given the general feeling is hardening from the FA with regards foriegn players the only ones they can stop is Non Eu that don't satisfy the existing criteria.  It also has to be said who is applying for the permit makes a difference top 4 clubs have less hassle.  Liverpool recent had to send an argentine lad abroad on a 2 year loan because his "Italian" passport was revoked, although did not have international appearances.

Someone on here mentioned the rules changing shortly, all I can see is a even harder criteria for Non Eu players being put in its stead.

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 06:26:04 AM »
Hyland would benefit from playing in Belgium for 3 years anyway.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 08:19:56 AM »
I think that this whole break foot thing is being blown out of proportion.  

I think it is feasible for an agent to not want his player to be complicated by the terms and conditions of a new contract.

The break foot senario was just a by the way situation he just brought up as a possibility.........no need for us to over react.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »
Hopefully this is done before Septemeber ranking come out and make it harder , becasue we already lose against Haiti for August.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 10:14:12 AM »
Hopefully this is done before Septemeber ranking come out and make it harder , becasue we already lose against Haiti for August.

That's why we need to beat El Salvador and Cuba....no ifs, ands or buts....
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
Preach Fire Preach no if buts or maybe so who startin d pray and fast chain because dat is what dat team needs nuff sack cloth and ashes
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 02:24:04 AM »
Checked the prem league rule.

Its a top 70 Ranking, based on an average of the past 2 years, I would imagine this would help a bit as you have slipped down recently iirc.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 01:44:47 PM »
Pompey pursue Hyland chase
by Adam Polkinghorne (Setanta)

13 August 2008

Harry Redknapp is still hoping to capture the signing of Trinidad & Tobago international Khaleem Hyland.

The highly-rated 19-year-old midfielder enjoyed a trial with the FA Cup winners last year alongside compatriots Lester Peltier and Atullah Guerra and all three players were offered deals but work permit problems put an end to any deal.

Hyland featured in the Trinidad & Tobago friendly against England in June and he is now a free agent after rejecting a new contract with San Juan Jabloteh with Pompey looking to step up their interest.

“We have always been looking at Hyland but there are complications with the work permit situation,” said chief executive Peter Storrie.

At the moment he fails to satisfy the criteria. He has played in friendly matches but they have to be competitive so do not count.  He is very much one for the future and a player we are interested in but we will just have to wait and see.”

David James has expressed his fear at the impact European football could have on Pompey’s Premier League campaign.

Portsmouth’s entry into the UEFA Cup brings European football to Fratton Park for the first time in the club’s history but the England keeper feels it could stretch the Pompey squad.

“We’ve a UEFA Cup bid and that’s going to put a strain on us with the amount of games and the size of our squad,” James said.

“Middlesbrough proved in 2006 you can go so far in the UEFA Cup but unless you win it, it becomes a bit of a fruitless task. It’s going to be important we keep our players fit to do well in Europe and on the other front do well in the league.”

James added his concern more cup success for the South Coast club could see them slip down the league after Portsmouth lost their last four games last season when they reached the cup final.

“Arguably we could have finished fifth, but with the FA Cup we didn’t and we ended up eighth.”

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »
Portsmouth's attempts to sign Trinidad defender Khaleem Hyland could be scuppered after the initial application for a work permit was rejected by Home Office (Daily Mirror).
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15082008/58/premier-league-transfer-talk.html

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »
sigh
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »
keep your head up, good things will  come
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 11:19:16 PM »
Portsmouth's attempts to sign Trinidad defender Khaleem Hyland could be scuppered after the initial application for a work permit was rejected by Home Office (Daily Mirror).
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15082008/58/premier-league-transfer-talk.html

Oh boi, hold de faith Hyland, yuh young de man above go bless yuh wid something soon. HIGHLY BLESSED.

As we proceed yes indeed

Team USA basketball team picked another win on their towards dat gold medal. They defeated de Greece team yesterday morning, wid a score of 92-69. All scores was lead by Kobe (18), Bosh(18) and Wade again in fine form wid 17 points, 5 assist and 6 steals  ;)  ;D. Well give credit where it is deserved, tuh me it was a great team effort, but de Toronto Raptors Bosh  ;D had an outstanding game, wid some solid defending. James and Wade, as usual, dey were involved in some very good defending as usual. Next stop for my bois, will be on Saturday, dey come up against Spain  8).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:38:26 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 08:50:16 AM »
Pompey pursue Hyland chase
by Adam Polkinghorne (Setanta)

13 August 2008

Harry Redknapp is still hoping to capture the signing of Trinidad & Tobago international Khaleem Hyland.

The highly-rated 19-year-old midfielder enjoyed a trial with the FA Cup winners last year alongside compatriots Lester Peltier and Atullah Guerra and all three players were offered deals but work permit problems put an end to any deal.

Hyland featured in the Trinidad & Tobago friendly against England in June and he is now a free agent after rejecting a new contract with San Juan Jabloteh with Pompey looking to step up their interest.

“We have always been looking at Hyland but there are complications with the work permit situation,” said chief executive Peter Storrie.

At the moment he fails to satisfy the criteria. He has played in friendly matches but they have to be competitive so do not count.  He is very much one for the future and a player we are interested in but we will just have to wait and see.”

David James has expressed his fear at the impact European football could have on Pompey’s Premier League campaign.

Portsmouth’s entry into the UEFA Cup brings European football to Fratton Park for the first time in the club’s history but the England keeper feels it could stretch the Pompey squad.

“We’ve a UEFA Cup bid and that’s going to put a strain on us with the amount of games and the size of our squad,” James said.

“Middlesbrough proved in 2006 you can go so far in the UEFA Cup but unless you win it, it becomes a bit of a fruitless task. It’s going to be important we keep our players fit to do well in Europe and on the other front do well in the league.”

James added his concern more cup success for the South Coast club could see them slip down the league after Portsmouth lost their last four games last season when they reached the cup final.

“Arguably we could have finished fifth, but with the FA Cup we didn’t and we ended up eighth.”

Dont tell me our England match still classified as "not competitive".  steups
Hart for president

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »

It never was, and never will be, independently of the number of subs that were made...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

It never was, and never will be, independently of the number of subs that were made...

yeah it was in danger of losing "A level" status, but still a friendly. Competitive means qualifiers, finals and the like.

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2008, 12:37:49 PM »
http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=85835

Just seen this on one of our forums. Any info your side of the water?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 12:44:42 PM »
http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=85835

Just seen this on one of our forums. Any info your side of the water?

A chap from Trinidad came through Gatwick today claiming he was here to sign for Pompey. Didnt manage to get his name but didnt we have one on trial last year? He reckons he turned down Kevin Keegan to join us.

This is why I does marvel at this age of information we live in yes. A man pass some talk in the airport and this already making circles around the world. Truly amazing.

On a second note this reminds me of the scene from the movie Goal when the fellah reach Heathrow and immigration ask him what he come for and he say to work.. They watch him cross eye, then he say he going and play for Newcastle, the man say "that is my club give him ah bligh yes" lol.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2008, 01:33:56 PM »
 :praying:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2008, 02:46:35 PM »
Time will tell if Firebrand prays go b answered

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »
Hardest  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »
From Sky Sports  >:(

16.09 Skysports.com understands Portsmouth target Khaleem Hyland has been refused a work permit.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
Pompey fail in Hyland bid
Caribbean star refused work permit
Last updated: 1st September 2008
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4082193,00.html

Skysports.com understands Portsmouth target Khaleem Hyland has been refused a work permit.

Pompey have been chasing the Trinidad & Tobago star for most of the summer, well aware that this situation could arise.

The 19-year-old is highly rated in his homeland and seemed set to secure a move to Fratton Park last year, before a similar problem scuppered his plans.

He is a free agent after rejecting a new contract with San Juan Jabloteh, but remains without a club as new campaigns get underway across the world.

He did not make his full international debut until January of this year, but has been a regular since then.

He featured in a summer friendly defeat against England, while he scored his first goal for his country against Jamaica in June.

The midfielder had been desperate to fulfil his dream of securing a move to Europe, but the saga looks set to end in disappointment for both Hyland and Pompey boss Harry Redknapp.
Hyland work permit refused.

Pompey have been tracking Trinidadian midfielder Khaleem Hyland for well over a year now, but this move again appears doomed to fail...

Sky sports is reporting - as we had expected to be honest - that he has again been refused a work permit so his move to Fratton has yet again fallen through, as it did last summer when he and a couple of other Trinidadian stars were offered contracts after successful trials.

Other clubs have signed players then agreed deals to loan them out to 'feeder clubs' in the past until the can claim themselves a European passport, and it had been suggested that we could have done this and sent him to Zulte in Belgium, although this looks unlikely and the free agent will now most likely end up somewhere else...

This is of course disappointing news, but to be honest do we really think that he would have made an impression on the 1st team in the near future? It is also news that I think we had been expecting in all honest hadn't we?

So, with around six and a half hours of the transfer window left we remain left on the edge of our seats wondering 'if', as unlikely as it might seem at the moment, we could pull off one last deal, but mostly wondering 'if' we will lose any more key players...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:19:34 AM by Flex »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »
Damn it. Was hoping for good news.  :(

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:04 AM »
refused work permit on the basis of  our rankings  or caps ?  .. If so this would be the doing of the ttff..... Thanks alot jack for screwing us up
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:45 AM »
All yuh blieve in d tooth fairy and Santa Claus. Dey eh have a youth academy that they could ah filter he true or some other club in Europe. If he so hot some other club go pick he up

1]; } ?>