April 26, 2024, 01:33:56 PM

Author Topic: Hyland will join Premiership  (Read 26301 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hyland will join Premiership
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
All yuh blieve in d tooth fairy and Santa Claus. Dey eh have a youth academy that they could ah filter he true or some other club in Europe. If he so hot some other club go pick he up

he should go to holland or Germany .. I wonder who is his agent ... Man even try celtic again
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:45 AM »
i wonder if maturana pickin him now...bess he go atlanta silverbacks..wa yuh say brent?!!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
If Pompey is prepared to appeal against this he will get through eventually.

The reality is he is a permanent fixture in the squad for the last 9 months....

We have not played in any competitive FIFA matches for the year other than the 3 WC qualifiers so far. So our rankings will ultimately suffer as a result. Especially with so many european teams in competitive action in qualifying and participating in Euro 2008. Olympics too.

Those things should work in his favour, is only if Pompey want to go through it.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »

We have not played in any competitive FIFA matches for the year other than the 3 WC qualifiers so far. So our rankings will ultimately suffer as a result. Especially with so many european teams in competitive action in qualifying and participating in Euro 2008. Olympics too.

Those things should work in his favour, is only if Pompey want to go through it.

Our ranking suffer cause ah that asss warner
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »

Allyuh is some real haters in here.
 The youth exceptionally talented but allyuh only decrying like if anyone of allyuh ever do anything big in football or even in the lil exsistence allyuh have in the wuk yuh doing.
 If ah could see some of allyuh in front of mih is 10yr old season bullpistle fuh allyuh.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2008, 10:31:12 AM »
i wonder if maturana pickin him now...bess he go atlanta silverbacks..wa yuh say brent?!!

steupse..u cant be serious..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »
Jan Michael play every game after d WC and he eh get he WP dat was b4 d rankingsbecame a radio stadion ranking and he eh get he WP. After dat I know man salt
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2008, 10:45:06 AM »

to be honest, the vibes I get is that Pompey have exhausted all their options. I think the work permit was already an issue and this rounds it was about going back to them to get this sorted once he got the necessary caps under his belt.

The reality is that despite being a fixture in the squad for this year, we were ranked much lower than the requisite 75th place throughout the course of the year which is a problem. In addition, he hasn't racked up enough competitive fixtures to factor in and his only saving grace would be for them to somehow prove that he is a talent FAR exceptional to anything in England at the moment. With the amount of South American and African talent pressing for the same opportunities that are better than him at an even younger age, it is hard for me to see how they would swing that one.

He might have to just wait it out another year until he makes the amount of competitive games necessary and even then our ranking will be an obstacle.

Anyhow you look at it, this is sourness like graeme. Thanks again Jack for the blacklist.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2008, 10:53:07 AM »
Kenwyne Jones also required a work permit for his move to Sunderland and he was granted one after he was initially turned down cause of the blacklist. It is just a matter of whether the club willing to go through the appeal process.

I am yet to hear whether Pompey are willing to go through that process. We all know that he will not make the cut on the standard conditions, all this talk about Pompey so interested, they have to now really show their worth and go through the appeal process. Hyland will suffer if he doesnt sign for a club and i don't think he can hold out till January again just for the sake of playing in 5 more competitive fifa matches hoping that our rankings improve, even though i think that once we make the hex by november we should be back inside the top 75.

If he does sign for a club before, then Pompey will have to pay a transfer fee for him. I am thinking that Premiership clubs will get a more favourable outcome than lower league clubs in those appeals.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:55:55 AM by g »

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »
Kenwyne Jones also required a work permit for his move to Sunderland and he was granted one after he was initially turned down cause of the blacklist. It is just a matter of whether the club willing to go through the appeal process.

I am yet to hear whether Pompey are willing to go through that process. We all know that he will not make the cut on the standard conditions, all this talk about Pompey so interested, they have to now really show their worth and go through the appeal process. Hyland will suffer if he doesnt sign for a club and i don't think he can hold out till January again just for the sake of playing in 5 more competitive fifa matches hoping that our rankings improve, even though i think that once we make the hex by november we should be back inside the top 75.

If he does sign for a club before then Pompey will have to pay a transfer fee for him. I am thinking that Premiership clubs will get a more favourable outcome than lower league clubs in those appeals.

You don't appeal for appealing sake....you have to have some reasonable prospect of success in the appeal.

Kenwyne situation is markedly different; we weren't as low as we are now in the rankings and  he had played more competitive national games than Hyland has at this point in time

Arsenal had trouble getting a work permit for Eduardo, even Aston Villa had problems getting the American keeper Guzman a work permit, but the relationships and assurances given by both country's federations would have assisted greatly as well.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2008, 11:02:36 AM »

If he does sign for a club before then Pompey will have to pay a transfer fee for him. I am thinking that Premiership clubs will get a more favourable outcome than lower league clubs in those appeals.

You don't appeal for appealing sake....you have to have some reasonable prospect of success in the appeal.

Kenwyne situation is markedly different; we weren't as low as we are now in the rankings and  he had played more competitive national games than Hyland has at this point in time

Arsenal had trouble getting a work permit for Eduardo, even Aston Villa had problems getting the American keeper Guzman a work permit, but the relationships and assurances given by both country's federations would have assisted greatly as well.

Well my argument is premised on me thinking that he has a good enough case to win an appeal given the points made in my earlier post.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »

off course ah not serious...anyways..seein dat he unattached can he move even after d window closed?..if t&t were to pull off victories against guatemala and d usa our rankings shud climb considerly and cud boost his chances..am i rite am i rite?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »

off course ah not serious...anyways..seein dat he unattached can he move even after d window closed?..if t&t were to pull off victories against guatemala and d usa our rankings shud climb considerly and cud boost his chances..am i rite am i rite?

its the average ranking over a two year period boss And we eh beating the USA i cannot see that

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
Doh sweat that! Hyland will get through in the january transfer window.                               positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »
Kenwyn was slightly different as he had to renew his work permit with the transfer.  I seem to remember someone not TTFA wrote a letter for him explaining the blacklist and if it wasn't in place he would of been playing for T & T.  The FA accepted this, I also think you rating was much higher then than it is now over the 2 year average. 

I think the rating is top 70 (average over last 2 years), the FA are changing the rules on this, likely to make it harder for non EU players to get in.  Attitudes have hardened towards foriegn players as the national teams performances get poorer and the number foriegn players in the prem being seem as part of the reason for that.  Quite a few have been turned down recently so I wouldn't hold your breath particularly if the new rules come in.

I think the lad maybe better off trying a different European country at this moment in time.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »
Wherever it is, he needs to get a club sorted it out quickly. Because, from most accounts, the lack of regular football is leading to poorer and poorer performances.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
Wherever it is, he needs to get a club sorted it out quickly. Because, from most accounts, the lack of regular football is leading to poorer and poorer performances.

Tell his agent to look to Continental Europe, Scandinavia in particular. Jamaica's Rudy Austin was recently turned down by the UK home office for the very same reasons that Hyland is being held back (TT/JA not satisfying the top 70 criteria). Austin just this Friday secured a 1 million pounds move to FC Brann in the Norwegian premier division (the same amount of money stoke was offering for his services). Austin's team has a Eufea Cup game this weekend vs Deportivo. I believe this brings the number to 7 Jamaicans to hjave secured professional contracts in Scandinavia in recent times.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2008, 05:06:42 AM »
Doh sweat that! Hyland will get through in the january transfer window.                               positive.

Since he is a free agent, I don't think the transfer window matters in his case.

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2008, 03:03:31 AM »
Hi any news on whats happening?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2008, 11:02:15 AM »
Thank u d brudder eh need no window d door wide open. Pompey he get blank
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
Due to work permit complications, he would have to wait until the january transfer, providing our rankings jumps up to 70 or below, he also needs more international competitive caps. keep your fingers crossed.                                    positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
Due to work permit complications, he would have to wait until the january transfer, providing our rankings jumps up to 70 or below, he also needs more international competitive caps. keep your fingers crossed.                                    positive.

not entirely true. He is a free agent therefore does not have to wait till January. He just needs to meet the requirements for a work permit and hope the team still wants to give him a contract
Back in Trini...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2008, 05:40:56 AM »
Portsmouth still keen on Hyland 
bbc.co.uk
Page last updated at 10:52 GMT, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 11:52 UK

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp says he still hopes to sign Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Khaleem Hyland despite work permit issues.

Hyland is still trying to convince the British authorities to allow him to play in the Premier League.

The 19-year-old has been a regular for his national side since making his debut in January and featured against England in the friendly on 1 June.

"We are still trying - he's a very good young player," said Redknapp.

"We've had him over for training and seen a lot of him to know what he's all about. I think he can be a good player here.

"It has gone on for quite a while, which is a bit frustrating. It's just about getting that work permit and then we can get him down here. We'll just have to wait and see what happens."

Hyland is a free agent after rejecting a new contract with San Juan Jabloteh in Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »
Just saw the news and Harry Redknapp said that he still wants K.Hyland and is willing to do his best to get him because he is a very good 19 year old.Teletext sports news at 3.30 pm,Tuesday 15-09-08.Seems that he would be at Pompey sooner than later.NICE!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2008, 09:45:47 AM »
This is a little off topic but I'll ask anyway. Between the two Kaleem Hyland and Keon Daniels. Who's better you think??? 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2008, 10:44:19 AM »
This is a little off topic but I'll ask anyway. Between the two Kaleem Hyland and Keon Daniels. Who's better you think??? 
both of them is bosses ah guess only time will tell

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »
Doh hijack the thread nah...this could be a separate post....

Depends,

Both of them are central midfielders even though pacho uses them on the wings at times.

Defensively Hyland is better, stronger and puts in the tackle. Daniel ent doing that.

Skill wise I find Hyland better. ( But Daniel real improve of late)

In terms of shooting and passing, Daniel is better and he has really come along in the last few games.

In terms of work rate and consistency...Daniel drifts in and out of matches, Hyland will be at it right tru.

Up to the other day Daniel for me woulda be the first man to get drop from the side, now the man is the go-to guy and in form player. Same way Hyland was "it" but his lack of training and professional environment killing his game.

Hyland better...but Daniel in form.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »
Touches you making me real smile with that assessment. 

I remember you, cowen, small mag and patriot giving me talk when i bigging up de man, but i know deep down inside that you is ah "Hyland fan" too.........lol.

well said horse, well said.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2008, 11:50:31 AM »
Doh hijack the thread nah...this could be a separate post....

Depends,

Both of them are central midfielders even though pacho uses them on the wings at times.

Defensively Hyland is better, stronger and puts in the tackle. Daniel ent doing that.

Skill wise I find Hyland better. ( But Daniel real improve of late)

In terms of shooting and passing, Daniel is better and he has really come along in the last few games.

In terms of work rate and consistency...Daniel drifts in and out of matches, Hyland will be at it right tru.

Up to the other day Daniel for me woulda be the first man to get drop from the side, now the man is the go-to guy and in form player. Same way Hyland was "it" but his lack of training and professional environment killing his game.

Hyland better...but Daniel in form.

lol..

yuh say doh hijack the thread but then yuh hijack it ???

I find it hard to compare them both like for like, because they play different positions but I find Hyland is the better prospect. Daniel is the more skillful player and i real interested to see what he'll do if given licence in a central midfield role with the form he's currently in. However, he does drift out of games and does need to put on some more pounds. Hyland is a harder worker and seems a bit more intelligent and to me shows more promise to cut it at the highest level.

Put another way, if they both got the same coaching, same development, I think Hyland would turn out to be a bigger player than Daniel.

Both great prospects though.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »
Well Touches yuh hijack...i was going and ask flex to put it separate. The reason I bring it up is because to me they are both promising mid-fielders and posses alot of talent. Keon is a lil more skillful than Hyland and he's a little more a hustler than Keon. They both have plenty potential. I never really saw Hyland shooting ability can he shoot the ball like Keon...I never saw him play school ball. 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>