March 29, 2024, 09:41:53 AM

Author Topic: phelps fuh real  (Read 8825 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
phelps fuh real
« on: August 11, 2008, 09:16:21 AM »
what de arse goin on with that feller

de man cyar loose

like he genetically more advanced than we

bowell drop out ah de 200 cause he know he cyar beat ah mutant

i want to believe iz drugs but he seen too genuine to me

ato do meh ah favor and try to drown him, i want to see if he have tuna in he family.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: phelps fuh real
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
Freak of nature.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »

de man cyar loose

ato do meh ah favor and try to drown him, i want to see if he have tuna in he family.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »
Tuna in he family good 1 morvant. Must laugh when I come yes
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:54:40 PM »

de man cyar loose

lmao... :rotfl:

Nah, but I give Phelps full props.. I didn't understand what was going on with him until reading ah SI article last week on his training and thing.  He is blessed in that there's a very talented pool of individuals training at Michigan, and as well as with the club that he swims with... including several Olympians (American and non-American).

So to go with the talent he has naturally... he has the type of competition around him that keeps him on his toes, he was saying in one of the NBC pieces that no one in that group dominates the others, guys take turns besting each others.  So that keeps them pushing each other.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 02:11:26 PM »
Wehn yuh nickname is SUPERfish....dey name yuh dat for ah reason
De man is ah chlorine beast

Ay Morvant dais serious talk dat Bovell drop out de 200??
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
Wehn yuh nickname is SUPERfish....dey name yuh dat for ah reason
De man is ah chlorine beast

Ay Morvant dais serious talk dat Bovell drop out de 200??

Bovell stopped doing the 200IM a couple years ago after he injured his knee playing paintball. His injury still limits him so he changed his event from the 200IM to the shorter sprints - the 50m and 100m freestyle. I think the fact that Phelps and Lochte are virtual locks for 200IM medals also influenced his decision to switch to the sprints where the field is somewhat more wide open
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:35:18 PM by sinned86 »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 02:33:53 PM »
Ah!!  :beermug: I had no idea about the paintball ting

Thanks for clearin that up
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
How George Bovell doing allyuh??
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »
Ah!!  :beermug: I had no idea about the paintball ting

Thanks for clearin that up

Yeah the paintball injury really set him back from a real medal shot in 2008. Even though the times in the 50m and 100m freestyles are fairly close among the field I think it's unlikely George will medal -- he's not even top 20 ranked in either event for 2008. I really wish him the best of luck though and I hope I'm in for a pleasant surprise.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
Allyuh real trusting boy. Ah mean...i might sound like palos eh...buh.....de man basically setting records at will. In a matter of 3 days. My brethrin who is a national swimmer telling me that usually people would be tired after the season for olympics...buh JEEZ! I could be cynical..buh.....something eh adding up.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
Allyuh real trusting boy. Ah mean...i might sound like palos eh...buh.....de man basically setting records at will. In a matter of 3 days. My brethrin who is a national swimmer telling me that usually people would be tired after the season for olympics...buh JEEZ! I could be cynical..buh.....something eh adding up.

well from what I readin here...de suit actin like ah flotation device and de pool smaller, ah kinda technological teefin

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/08/11/sports/olyrecords.php

dem eh go aks him to pee in ah cup doh..dais dey golden boy

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 08:26:06 PM »
And he gets gold #3................. he breaking them records real easy.............

Record     Splits     Name     NOC     Location     Date
WR    1:43.86    
24.47   51.00   1:17.73   
   PHELPS Michael
   United StatesUSA
   Melbourne (AUS)    Mar 27 2007
OR    1:44.71    
24.81   51.04   1:17.92   
   THORPE Ian
   AustraliaAUS
   Athens (GRE)    Aug 16 2004
Event No: 8
Rank    Lane    Name    NOC    R.T.    50m    100m    150m    Time    Time Behind    
1    6    PHELPS Michael    United StatesUSA    0.73    (1)   24.31      (1)   50.29 
25.98    (1)   1:16.84 
26.55    1:42.96
26.12       WR

2    5    PARK Taehwan    KoreaKOR    0.67    (3)   24.91      (2)   51.54 
26.63    (3)   1:18.68 
27.14    1:44.85
26.17    1.89    AS
3    4    VANDERKAAY Peter    United StatesUSA    0.75    (4)   24.97      (4)   51.67 
26.70    (2)   1:18.61 
26.94    1:45.14
26.53    2.18    
4    3    BASSON Jean    South AfricaRSA    0.69    (7)   25.39      (6)   52.21 
26.82    (4)   1:18.94 
26.73    1:45.97
27.03    3.01    
5    2    BIEDERMANN Paul    GermanyGER    0.86    (8)   25.61      (7)   52.37 
26.76    (6)   1:19.36 
26.99    1:46.00
26.64    3.04    
6    1    MEICHTRY Dominik    SwitzerlandSUI    0.68    (2)   24.75      (3)   51.63 
26.88    (5)   1:19.02 
27.39    1:46.95
27.93    3.99    
7    7    OKUMURA Yoshihiro    JapanJPN    0.71    (6)   25.17      (8)   52.39 
27.22    (8)   1:19.96 
27.57    1:47.14
27.18    4.18    
8    8    RENWICK Robbie    Great BritainGBR    0.74    (5)   25.03      (5)   52.17 
27.14    (7)   1:19.92 
27.75    1:47.47
27.55    4.51
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 08:30:11 PM »

well from what I readin here...de suit actin like ah flotation device and de pool smaller, ah kinda technological teefin

Not definitive... those are some of the accusations of the Speedo LZR suit.  Most of it coming from competitors wearing competing brands themselves.  The pool talk is actually that it deeper to dampen waves which slow the swimmers down...

I dunno one way or another, but almost 50 records have fallen since the introduction of the suit 6 months ago...

Phelps just set another one a couple minutes ago in the 200m Individual Freestyle.

Aaron Piersol just set another world record in the 100m Backstroke.

... I think if people suspecting doping then they can't just suspect Phelps, many of these athletes are setting personal best times.  Cullen Jones (the black fella) actually had the fastest split in the 400m relay... so is not juss Phelps swimming fast.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:47:41 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »

Not definitive... those are some of the accusations of the Speedo LZR suit.  Most of it coming from competitors wearing competing brands themselves.  The pool talk is actually that it deeper to dampen waves which slow the swimmers down...

I dunno one way or another, but almost 50 records have fallen since the introduction of the suit 6 months ago...

Phelps just set another one a couple minutes ago in the 200m Individual Freestyle.

... I think if people suspecting doping then they can't just suspect Phelps, many of these athletes are setting personal best times.  Cullen Jones (the black fella) actually had the fastest split in the 400m relay... so is not juss Phelps swimming fast.

I know. I conceed that. I found it amazing that 5 teams swam below the previous record which was set in a heat on that same day..but.....that shows an improved competition. However my concern is the time period that this being done. It isnt over a matter of months..is in the space of 3 Days...a man swimming so many events....and not showing the least bit of fatigue. In one instance he had a 50 minute break between races. Now....to swim faster than any human has done before.....twice in the same day..should take some drain on you. Maybe i thinking too much. Maybe the articles i read about EPO usage and hearing some of the whispers of the methods some athletes utilize to make their advantage count have me cynical. The man talented..no doubt. However..no drug can cause you to improve unless you working. EPO allows you to work harder and more frequently. It could be anything. But......innocent until proven guilty.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 09:43:33 PM »
d fact dat he knee double jointed ( accordin to nbc) an he jus more flexible dan most odder swimmers givin him a lil edge too. :-\.
but he schedule is eat, swim an sleep 4 d las 4 years. nbc bawl every day he goes to d pool 4 bout five hours an swims about hundreds a laps per day.
but it kinda impossible to believe one man cud swim so fast all d time so widout any hint of being tired.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:56 PM »
First things first...

Phelps is that good. He has been that good for a long time. He set a world record at 15 years old. You want to talk about phenom, well this is the definition. As bakes say it ehn just him though. The suit cause real records to fall as it not only creating greater buoyancy, it not only reducing friction by repelling water, but it actually brings the muscle fibres closer together and is fused together rather than stitched. Combine that suit with the best swimmer in history and you are bound to see some ridiculous times.

That being said, Phelps isn't the only one with a demanding schedule. Three girls raced in two races tonight alone. Ryan Lochte's turn around between the 200 back and the 200 IM is only about 40 minutes should he make both finals. He is joint WR holder in one and the second fastest man in history in the other and he did this at US trials in June when he only had 27 minutes between both races. :o

As for George, yes he got injured from a misstep in paintball, but had he not been injured, he would be among the Phelps/Lochte region in the 200 IM. George is a lot stronger and faster now than he was four years ago relatively speaking. Had fate alllowed him to stay with his natural event he would be very scary and would be a legit threat in the 200 IM. Talk to anyone who has coached him and they will tell you that George is a late bloomer. He didn't have the age group records people associate with star swimmers in TnT. He only got to breaking records in the 13-14 age group. When he got to college he was still skinny. In 2004 he put on some muscle mass but comparatively speaking he would be a twig compared to what he is now. Granted you need more strength for the 50, the fact that he has already gone 22.17 without taper or the suit shows that what he has done to adjust to swimming the 50 rather than saying "ah get injured buti done get a medal already so I done" is nothing short of brilliant.

I don't know if he will medal, but i do know that after his 100 the picture will be a lot clearer. He seems to be ready, so lewwe wait and see.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »

BTW bakes. Jones had the slowest time on the relay. Lezak had the fastest split of the flying starts and Eamon Sullivan (AUS) beat Phelps on the lead off to break the WR previously held by Alain Bernard (FRA), who got passed by Lezak on the anchor leg.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 10:04:26 PM »
D new suit is like d new tennis racket it helps a lot
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 10:49:34 PM »
BTW bakes. Jones had the slowest time on the relay. Lezak had the fastest split of the flying starts and Eamon Sullivan (AUS) beat Phelps on the lead off to break the WR previously held by Alain Bernard (FRA), who got passed by Lezak on the anchor leg.

wheeyyyy allyuh men keeping man on dey toes boy... ah like dat  ;D

Ah stand corrected... my fault fuh reading too fast and absorbing too little, had to go back and check.  He recorded the fastest split with a time of 47.12, but in de pre-lims...

...but now ah have tuh aks...dai'z what yuh name means... "swimmer"?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 12:24:54 AM »

de man cyar loose

lmao... :rotfl:

Nah, but I give Phelps full props.. I didn't understand what was going on with him until reading ah SI article last week on his training and thing.  He is blessed in that there's a very talented pool of individuals training at Michigan, and as well as with the club that he swims with... including several Olympians (American and non-American).

So to go with the talent he has naturally... he has the type of competition around him that keeps him on his toes, he was saying in one of the NBC pieces that no one in that group dominates the others, guys take turns besting each others.  So that keeps them pushing each other.

Ah was never ah big fan of Phelps (doh know why). But I have started to really appreciate his extra ordinary talent, dat he is blessed wid. De man is ah boss, hopefully he keep de world admiring him for his talent and don't disappoint us wid any drugs scene later down de road, as we have seen on so many occasions before wid other athletes. CLICK-CLICK

BnS ah doh know how long yuh have dat Obama picture down dey, but ah just observed it. Well yuh know I doh hide nothing, yuh probably know by now I'm a democrat and huge Obama supporter. Well ah know we cah be talking politics here, so tuh make a long story short, who ever yuh vote for (if yuh cud vote  :-\), just make a smart decision for your future, kids future (or future kids), de rest of your family and de rest of us in de USA  :beermug:.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:07:41 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 04:44:28 AM »

wheeyyyy allyuh men keeping man on dey toes boy... ah like dat  ;D

Ah stand corrected... my fault fuh reading too fast and absorbing too little, had to go back and check.  He recorded the fastest split with a time of 47.12, but in de pre-lims...

...but now ah have tuh aks...dai'z what yuh name means... "swimmer"?

Correct Sir. Although these days it would be more accurately to call me "Coach".

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
he doh wear no friggin suit

what tv allyuh watchin
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »
he doh wear no friggin suit

what tv allyuh watchin

Phelps wore the suit for that ridiculous swim of a 200 freestyle final. 1:42 .96 in the 200 free is otherworldly! Like he using it for certain events. We shall see what he uses in the 200 fly tonight. Remember that this is the event he swam at Sydney as a 15 year old. He broke the world record in it a few months later. God help the rest of them in that final.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 03:44:41 PM »
wat men not mentioning is phelps 6' 7" wind span  and his high flexibility. u ever check the way he swings his hands on the starters block ....the man like ah rubber band. heard a commentator say he double jointed in the knee ???

i was really questioning his acheivements  until i did a lil read up on him. h e is part ah the group that gets tested 4 drugs,  refered to as the control group, they basically get tested very often and at random.
. the man jus  have the talent the phsyical attributes and the commiment.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 12:10:33 PM »
check it out: phelps consumes 12 000 calories per day:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08132008/news/nationalnews/phelps_pig_secret__hes_boy_gorge_124248.htm

Not to sure about anything the NY Post says nuh... but I've read elsewhere (Sports Illustrated) that it's 4,000 calories per day... the RDA for the average Joe is 2,000 calories per day.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08132008/news/nationalnews/phelps_pig_secret__hes_boy_gorge_124248.htm

Not to sure about anything the NY Post says nuh... but I've read elsewhere (Sports Illustrated) that it's 4,000 calories per day... the RDA for the average Joe is 2,000 calories per day.

The NY Post is shady but this report is correct - he eats 4000 calories for breakfast alone! I've heard from several sources (ESPN radio, NBC on tv) - but unfortunately no links.

Doesn't surprise me too much though - you really need around 10,000 calories a day with the mileage him and other swimmers do every day.
I remember George doing an interview a while ago and he had a beastly breakfast also.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 02:08:07 PM »

The NY Post is shady but this report is correct - he eats 4000 calories for breakfast alone! I've heard from several sources (ESPN radio, NBC on tv) - but unfortunately no links.

Doesn't surprise me too much though - you really need around 10,000 calories a day with the mileage him and other swimmers do every day.
I remember George doing an interview a while ago and he had a beastly breakfast also.

The NBC piece I saw mentioned the 4,000 calories as well... 10,000-12,000 sounds excessive.  But who knows...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »
I just heard this news article on NPR. An expert say that Phelp ability to do the dolphin kick better than most swimmers, in addition to holding his breath longer while doing it, is the reason for his success. They also says his big feet helps.

1]; } ?>