April 27, 2024, 01:39:39 AM

Author Topic: Canadian Squad for Jamaica.......  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Canadian Squad for Jamaica.......
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:01:51 PM »

FIFA World Cup™
13 August 2008
Canada selects squad for Stage III match in Toronto

The 20 August match kicks off at 19.30 ET at BMO Field in downtown Toronto. It will be the 10th FIFA World Cup Qualifiers™ match ever played in Toronto, but the first at BMO Field. To date, Canada has a record of four wins, three draws and two losses in those matches.

1 | Greg Sutton | G | Hamilton, ON | CAN / Toronto FC
2 | Daniel Imhof | D/M | Smithers, BC | GER / VfL Bochum
3 | Mike Klukowski | D | Oshawa, ON | BEL / Club Brugge KV
4 | Kevin McKenna | D | Calgary, AB | GER / 1. FC Köln
5 | Adrian Serioux | D/M| Scarborough, ON | USA / FC Dallas
6 | Julian de Guzman | M | Scarborough, ON | ESP / Deportivo La Coruna
7 | Paul Stalteri | D/M | Brampton, ON | ENG / Tottenham Hotspur
8 | Jim Brennan | D | East York, ON | CAN / Toronto FC
9 | Tomasz Radzinski | M/F | Toronto, ON | GRE / Skoda Xanthi
10 | Ali Gerba | F | Montréal, QC | ENG / Milton Keynes Dons FC
11 | Richard Hastings | D | Vancouver, BC | SCO / Inverness CT
12 | Issey Nakajima-Farran | M | Calgary, AB | DEN / FC Nordsjælland
13 | Atiba Hutchinson | M | Brampton, ON | DEN / F.C. København
14 | Dwayne De Rosario | M/F | Scarborough, ON | USA / Houston Dynamo
15 | Patrice Bernier | M | Brossard, QC | DEN / FC Nordsjælland
16 | Rob Friend | F | Kelowna, BC | GER / Borussia Mönchengladbach
17 | Iain Hume | F | Brampton, ON | ENG / Barnsley FC
18 | Pat Onstad | G | Vancouver, BC | USA / Houston Dynamo

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian Squad for Jamaica.......
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »
seen most of these players..and its easy to say they are more quality players than the jamaicans they will face soon

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:08:33 PM »

This is a very strong Canada squad.  As usual, Canada has not has the preparation of Jamaica, but looking at the rosters, I think Canada will have 3 points.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »
Go Cannuks
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »
3 points in the bag

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 01:10:23 AM »
i licks in jamaican muthas c**t :D

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 06:52:23 AM »

Fullback Paul Stalteri (Tottenham) will captain Canada and earn his 68th cap, third on the Canadian all-time list, against Jamaica. Mitchell's squad includes three players who were unavailable for the initial qualifying games against St. Vincent: forward Iain Hume (Barnsley), midfielder Daniel Imhof (Bochum) and defender Kevin McKenna (FC Koln).

NOTES -- Mitchell says fullbacks Ante Jazic and Marcel de Jong and forward Olivier Occean were unlucky in missing selection because of the depth at their position, with left-sided fullbacks Mike Klukowski and Jim Brennan and similar style-strikers in Rob Friend and Ali Gerba already in the squad ... The coach says he has yet to choose his starting 'keeper between Greg Sutton and Pat Onstad, who is one cap short of tying Craig Forrest for the most appearances by a Canadian goalie (56). Fellow 'keeper Lars Hirschfeld, while healthy again, was not considered because he is not No. 1 at his Romanian club. "We're going with the two guys that are playing -- and playing on a regular basis." ... The Jamaica game is expected to be a sellout in Toronto.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 07:05:26 AM »
very happy the csa is deciding to play at bmo field, b4 they were afriad bc of the home advantage being taken away bc of the large population of west indians numbering over 500-600 000 or more; i look forward 2 seeing tt play at bmo for the hex against canada :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:09:39 AM by TI »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »
very happy the csa is deciding to play at bmo field, b4 they were afriad bc of the home advantage being taken away bc of the large population of west indians numbering over 500-600 000 or more; i look forward 2 seeing tt play at bmo for the hex against canada :beermug:

Heh eh. Canada not making the Hex...and it looks like T&T wont either :)

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »

On a positive note, there shouldn't be any rubbish play acting or diving.

This will be a very good match.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »

Media comments:

Dale Mitchell - "The squad selected has quality and a lot of experience, the two things I was looking for."

Quality is an understatement. The true testament to the current men's national team lies in who did not make the list of 18 names. Internationals like Marcel de Jong, Ante Jazic and Oliveir Occean, a player currently turning heads with Lillestrøm S.K. of the Norwegian Tippeligaen.

Personally I fear we made a mistake in not selecting Occean, the second leading scorer in Norway.  He is in mid season form, unlike Gerba has has not played a competitive match since Canada's, St Vincent match.  That said, Gerba has had great success on the international scene and has been a prolific goal scorer.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:24:24 AM by Winnipeg Fury »

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »
I hope allyuh Canadians walk wid plenty tape to wrap up ankles when allyuh go to play the return in  "the office" cuz rite now dat pitch lookin like the surface of the moon

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 12:32:21 PM »

You really think that Jamaica going to make the hex with squad?
well yes

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »

u sounding desperate breddah, if yuh check my last post in the other thread about simoes picking the team, i showed support for jamaica as our caribbean brothers, yet u coming back to tell me tt not making the hex, check yuhself, right now tt not in the group of death son and even if we were we have a better chance than the boyz

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »
f**k canada...f**k jamaica
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »

u sounding desperate breddah, if yuh check my last post in the other thread about simoes picking the team, i showed support for jamaica as our caribbean brothers, yet u coming back to tell me tt not making the hex, check yuhself, right now tt not in the group of death son and even if we were we have a better chance than the boyz

In the group of death, the only sure team to go through right now is Mexico. that said, here are my picks for the Hex.
Sorry, but I think Guatemala is stronger playing at home, and will pick up more home points than T&T.

USA
Guatemala

Mexico
Honduras/Jamaica/Canada (in that order)

Costa Rica
El Salvador

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »

In the group of death, the only sure team to go through right now is Mexico. that said, here are my picks for the Hex.
Sorry, but I think Guatemala is stronger playing at home, and will pick up more home points than T&T.

USA
Guatemala

Mexico

Costa Rica
El Salvador

BOy. i now notice why you always here talking shit all the time. i went to your shit site and neither u or ur forumites have anything good to talk about. maybe after we qualify you would stay off tis site and cry much like the way u cried after we beat barhain and went to germany.

instead of coming here and be-littling my team. stay on ur end and hope ur shitside aint get about 6 from Canada/

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 06:54:12 PM »
3 points in the bag

For who?

Go Maple leafs!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 07:02:54 PM »

USA
Guatemala

Mexico

Costa Rica
El Salvador

BOy. i now notice why you always here talking shit all the time. i went to your shit site and neither u or ur forumites have anything good to talk about. maybe after we qualify you would stay off tis site and cry much like the way u cried after we beat barhain and went to germany.

instead of coming here and be-littling my team. stay on ur end and hope ur shitside aint get about 6 from Canada/

Which one of the RBZ sites you went to? I post on about 3 of them. Boss, I am not belitling, I'm just posting the likely situations. Go big-soccer.com and you will see similar sentiments.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 08:26:17 PM »
Go Jamaica !!!!!  ;D

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »
f**k canada...f**k jamaica