March 28, 2024, 01:28:04 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland v Liverpool  (Read 7005 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Liverpool
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »
Match done. Sunderland can take positives from this...their squad already seems better and deeper than last year, and that's still with Kenwyne (and Yorke) to come back from injury. For Liverpool, 3 points while playing badly. That's what Man Utd and Chelsea were able to do last year from time to time, so I'm taking this as a positive, rather than the negative that we played kind of flat and blah  :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »
Match done. Sunderland can take positives from this...their squad already seems better and deeper than last year, and that's still with Kenwyne (and Yorke) to come back from injury. For Liverpool, 3 points while playing badly. That's what Man Utd and Chelsea were able to do last year from time to time, so I'm taking this as a positive, rather than the negative that we played kind of flat and blah :beermug:

Wondering whether we should sell Alonso, although Barry scores a lot and has good chemistry with Gerrard.  Alonso was the difference in the second half.  Robbie Keane will get going soon.  Needs a few more games to settle in.

Offline firefish

• New Warrior
  • you'll never walk alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »
 ;D goal TORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  a win is a win 8)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 12:30:42 PM »
Elementary mistake cost them the game, you don't give a player of Torres calibre that kinda real estate.

Malbranque, Diouf and Chimbonda definitely add a lot of quality to this Sunderland side, and at times they were playing some football I didn't see all of last season.

But also study if they go revert to the same long ball target man brand when KJ returns. And if they don't, how will KJ adjust to a side that actually willing to knock around the ball on the floor?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »

mixed feelings... Sunderland losing... but fantasy points for me

same

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
carlos form worries me

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 12:35:05 PM »
Elementary mistake cost them the game, you don't give a player of Torres calibre that kinda real estate.

Malbranque, Diouf and Chimbonda definitely add a lot of quality to this Sunderland side, and at times they were playing some football I didn't see all of last season.

But also study if they go revert to the same long ball target man brand when KJ returns. And if they don't, how will KJ adjust to a side that actually willing to knock around the ball on the floor?
That is how he accustomed to playing with Southampton. Dey midfield was playing dat same knockaround style. Different level, but still. He eh have much adjustment to make besides speed of thought and better touch.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »
Damn sunderland get some players , chimbonda, and malbranque is good players you can really help sunderland play better football.
Glad I'm not the only one... Malbranque, Chimbonda... Diouf??  Where've I been? lol

Darn good players... will be interesting to see how the temperamental Diouf copes with the equally temperamental Keane.

Tough loss... but brilliant strike by Torres.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »
they look better than that shyt they was playin last year

i wouldnt wear that liverpool kit if i get it free

i would take it but never wear it

good to sleep in outside... fend of de mosquitoes.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 12:42:46 PM »
for those who were able to see, d defense lookin stronger dis rounds, dey still shaky, or it still too early to decipher? flow block fsc so wasn't able to see game.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »
for those who were able to see, d defense lookin stronger dis rounds, dey still shaky, or it still too early to decipher? flow block fsc so wasn't able to see game.

bless!!

much stronger squad both in defence and inmidfield
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 12:50:03 PM »

bless!!

much stronger squad both in defence and inmidfield

thanks.  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 01:04:07 PM »
carlos form worries me

yea like he forget how to run past men, and giving away the ball easy easy

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »
side lookin stronger...

the game was still boring no mudda!
was tuff to sit still and watch it

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »
i wonder if i will keep getting these hasty post match emails from Roy when Sunderland hit ah bad patch?

Dear Sunderland supporter,

We were tiring in the last 10 or 15 minutes, which I take responsibility for, because maybe we should have had one or two more tougher games in pre-season.

Other than the goal, I thought we played well.

This time last year we scored three minutes into injury time, you have just got to take it on the chin, but performance wise, I was fairly pleased.

I thought we played some good stuff today, we had one or two chances, but when you get chances against one the big teams, you have got to take them.

If we had gone a goal up today, it would have been very hard for Liverpool, after their game in midweek.

Liverpool were getting stronger as the game went on. When you drop off Torres like that, you know what can happen. As soon as it left his foot I thought 'goal'. That's why he costs a few bob.

When we played Liverpool and teams like that last year, I hoped we'd get a result; this morning I believed we'd get a result. That's the big difference, that's the progress we've made.

Liverpool will get on the bus and they'll be glad to see the back of us, and that's a good sign for us. It was a big result for Liverpool today, a big result.

The new lads did well - but all the lads did. Some of our players tired in important positions, the last 15 minutes was always going to be tough for us.

Bardo had not played much in pre-season and he gave a good performance, I can't fault the players, they all contributed today.

But for all our effort and good play, we lost. We have got to take it on the chin, this is the Premier League, the toughest league in the world.

Thanks for your support,

Roy Keane

Sunderland 0 Liverpool 1

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »
i wonder if i will keep getting these hasty post match emails from Roy when Sunderland hit ah bad patch?

You now come or what? I have at least 38 or those in my inbox from last year...
I think is a nice touch, when you see "you have received an e-mail from Roy Keane, lol
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »
The game turned out much as I thought although thought the draw would of been OK. 

I thought tireness got in, Malbranque especially but his transfer dragged on the longest so unsure how much it effected his preseason training.

Midfield was good, as expected very little firepower / toothless up front, rumour a striker is due to sign early next week ( probably Benni McCarthy being linked all week) I think we need someone with a bit more power. 

The defence was what I expected the goal was coming a couple of times players were free 5 yards or so outside the box with the defenders seemingly happy to hold the penalty box as a line. 2 poor headers lead to the goal should of been cleared.  Still need a CH and a LB.

Carlos just doesn't seem to want to hold the ball or go past players, don't know what is going to happen there. 

Kenwyn will have to play a different game on his return, with ball in front of him and finding space, I hope he is equally effective at it, discussed on the transfer thread.

We are as said 3/4 palyers short of a decent team, Liverpool didn't play well today, but in truth we never really threatened them, but played pretty football.  Still think there is improvement in the team.   

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
I saw nothing today to convince me that the vermin are title contenders.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »

It's early out still.  We still have three players to return from the Olympics:  Babel, Lucas, and Mascherano.  I think we need one more quality signing before the transfer window closes.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2008, 03:52:50 PM »

true talk.. just wait till you see those prawn sandwich eaters tomorrow. ;)

1]; } ?>