March 28, 2024, 04:23:52 AM

Author Topic: Maturana names 18-man squad to face Cuba in W/Cup qualifiers.  (Read 13422 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana names 18-man squad to face Cuba in W/Cup qualifiers.
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »

I hope we lose... so dat f**king Colombian and his c**thole f**king assistants could get out of here 

I aint that mad........

No Stern hurts, but let's see how his plan works.....

ah aint love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »
wait wait a minute allyuh hold up!!!! Is Stern injured?? was a reason given for his non-selection?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »
 :whistling: at this whole thread....

SM yuh have to be real vex boy..... :o  :o

I hope we lose
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 06:04:54 PM »
wait wait a minute allyuh hold up!!!! Is Stern injured?? was a reason given for his non-selection?

nope
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »

I hope we lose

well obviously the recent disasters wasnt getting de powers at be to fire him...so maybe a shock loss would get him packing.... i am willing to sacrafice 1 game to get these jackasses off the coaching staff.... enough points can be gained after cuba..

but Maturana and his staff should be axed if we win or lose... 

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »
You really feel that ah shock loss would send him packing?

The only people who are affected when we lose are supporters like us, not them......

We already had a shock loss to BERMUDA and no one was fired

ah love it!!

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »

I hope we lose

well obviously the recent disasters wasnt getting de powers at be to fire him...so maybe a shock loss would get him packing.... i am willing to sacrafice 1 game to get these jackasses off the coaching staff.... enough points can be gained after cuba..

but Maturana and his staff should be axed if we win or lose... 

nah fella  :shameonyou:  yuh gettin on with some madness.  T&T cant afford to sacrifice any games.  Sorry you feel that way about the coach and the coaching staff but thats your personal problem.  I want T&T to win everytime regardless of who coaching.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »
I think pacho lost his head were is he going with toussaint ?

I also don't see the value of Toussaint.  He is way too lightweight to play the position he plays.  He has ability but isn't anywhere near strong enough to be effective.

When you consider that Toussaint went to the USL last year and had little or no impact, yet Randi Patterson is ripping up the League, and Patterson played well on his few appearances for T&T, one has to wonder about the selection philosophy.  But we've been wondering about that all year.

Nothing we can do about it but voice our concerns and support Toussaint to come good.  Maybe he needs some confidence and someone who has confidence in him, in addition to some strength on the ball.  

Good luck to the entire team.

No Stern is baffling. Especially considering Alvin is a Stern fan.  Maybe Pacho runnin de team after all.

On the money. Stern and Alvin got rid of Najjar but Maturana is proving to be a STERNer test for them both. All I can say is that Maturana is one wierd character. The sooner he goes the better.

he is very funny indeed.  no telesford etc  he mess with guerra not sure what toussaint has done this year in the proleague even wolfe two guys who stuggled in the USL but patterson get blank ........ I think he is working by guess ..... he is not sure what he is doing anyway best of luck to the TEAM ...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:20:51 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 07:13:34 PM »
Fair enough... i just venting..at the end of the day is T&T ...and i supporting the selected players and the non selected... not Maturana not Corneal not any of them...only the players

I would love to know the reason why Stern was not selected... but i think I already know... I am certain he probably gave Anton and Maturana a piece of his mind after the Bermuda game(keeping him on the bench)

but i dont blame him... He is Legend 14... He will be back ... cuz I can guarantee we will need him... You cant win games without goals...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
Agree Andre if nobody eh lost dey wuk because ah Bermuda nobody eh loosin dey wuk
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 07:52:53 PM »
So we ain't have journalist to ask these questions to hear the reasoning behind these insane selections ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 09:24:53 PM »
D only 1 in d olympics so not a ? go b ask
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55:06 PM »
Ah now see dis thread yes, lawd no Stern. I'm so disappointed about dat, I will refrain from any comments, cuz ah might just loose it, say de wrong thing and get ban. Maybe there is something going on dat we doh know, cuz dat doh make no facking sense to me at all. Ah will still support any team dat take de field next week, but ah really screwin on dat one. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:40:09 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
Maturana please explain!
Fuentes yuh could pass de message for me.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 12:38:55 AM »
Ah was so facking mad, ah didn't even realise dat there is no Ince either. Like is ah conspiracy against de people dat came from ELDO ah what. But what de MC is dis boi? Somebody dat does talk tuh Mutt and Jef, please beg dem tuh take a read on dis forum, especially dis thread. Maturana, Corneal and company, all yuh better get de results we need yuh know. Ah only hope is nothing personal wid some players, dat is why dey didn't get pick, we need de best team on de field, so dat we country cud qualify fuh 2010. We eh have no time for no bad mind, girlish behavior. So wid dat said, for de time being ah will trust all yuh selection and hold my peace until after Wednesday. Again Maturana, Corneal, dis is not a game, make sure and handle all yuh business, alright. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:20:01 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 03:33:49 AM »
It is surprising that Stern is not in the selected 18 but he hasn't really done much in the matches he's played so far.Since back in England he hasn't played a full 90 minutes as yet.In the meantime Roberts and Cornell have had more time on the pitch and Cornell is beginning to look like himself again,maybe just maybe Cornell,Toussaint and Roberts would be enough for Maturana's match plans.I can only suspect that as long as Stern gets a few matches he would be Cornell's striking partner,the point is the strikers he is going with have in recent times been together and are looking good if not lighting up the world but the win against El Sal and Haiti was good enough to keep that partnership if only for this Cuba match,dont forget that Haiti robbed us recently so its not really that bad.The fact that we are so close to the Cuba match probably led Maturana to not breaking a partnership that  is beginning to look good.I do hope that Stern starts getting some minutes i for Southampton.When did last beat anybody so convincing,good luck and hope to see Stern soon.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 06:33:56 AM »
rumor has it that Stern was given the arm band for the last game he played, but before the match start he gave it up.... :-\
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 06:58:34 AM »
It is surprising that Stern is not in the selected 18 but he hasn't really done much in the matches he's played so far.

What shit u talking?

Trinidad 1 (S.John) Bermuda 2.......first leg

Trinidad 2 (S.John, D.Roberts) Bermuda 0.........second leg

He scored in our last two competitive matches!!

Plus he scored a couple of goals for Southamptom in pre season!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 07:11:06 AM »
It is surprising that Stern is not in the selected 18 but he hasn't really done much in the matches he's played so far.

Ah tink people does take Stern fuh granted yuh know.

Hasn't done much?  Ah tink ah get whey byuh comin from...

BUT

Yuh know is Stern goal dat have we in dis position to be in wit a chance fuh de Hex right?  If wasn't fuh dat goal, it might well have been Bermuda playin Cuba on de 20th.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »
There is no place on this squad for John - he is too slow and does loaf too much. Thanks for your service Stern.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2008, 07:44:34 AM »
We saving stern for the next set of games. (Guatemala & USA)

Maybe he asked to be excused to start off the season correct.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2008, 08:00:11 AM »
i went to the el sal game yesterday with carlos,avery(who is very much needed & birchie with the team i see yestreday we should BEAT CUBA. But we really need ah left back, no3 last night we left back should not be on the team,even though he set up the 2nd goal for we he gave EL sal their first,they kept picking on him in the first half.But i think is ah nice squad i got some confidencs back last night ;D

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
To leave Stern out of de squad is just plain madness.  Fuh all de shit people want to talk about him he have 2 out of de 3 goals so far.  He singlehandedly took us too Germany 2006.  

In my book yuh don't leave Stern out of de team unless he foot break.  Is donkey years now people bawlin how Stern doh do nutten, how he lazy blah blah blah.  All he does is score goals.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 08:16:43 AM »
for real, it have nuff men here who dont rate him so i hope they happy now.
No Stern, KJ injured.
In early June before the England game, who woulda thought eh...

Best of luck to Glen and the rest of the team...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 08:16:48 AM »
Maybe he asked to be excused to start off the season correct.

That would be very unlike Stern especially in a crucial WCQ but who knows.  There better be a good reason though.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 08:31:19 AM »
Yes andre samuel he scored those goals but a man of his experience playing in such good company in England and before that in the MLS SHOULD REALLY HAVE PUT AWAY HALF THE CHANCES HE HAD,THEN WE WOULD NOT HAVE LOST AGAINST BERMUDA.Stern also scored in a friendly,Glen would hae done the same.I am not saying Stern should not play but Maturana is probably playing to a plan,when the Cubans start to run at us we need 10 men to be all working for each other,Stern does not fit the puzzle for this match.You have obviously seen the Cubans before,I am certain Stern will be back,in any case why break up a partenership that is looking good...for the time keep it so.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »
Yes andre samuel he scored those goals but a man of his experience playing in such good company in England and before that in the MLS SHOULD REALLY HAVE PUT AWAY HALF THE CHANCES HE HAD,THEN WE WOULD NOT HAVE LOST AGAINST BERMUDA.Stern also scored in a friendly,Glen would hae done the same.I am not saying Stern should not play but Maturana is probably playing to a plan,when the Cubans start to run at us we need 10 men to be all working for each other,Stern does not fit the puzzle for this match.You have obviously seen the Cubans before,I am certain Stern will be back,in any case why break up a partenership that is looking good...for the time keep it so.

that partnership aint lookin good no how

no stern no peacre

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOAL COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 08:46:22 AM »
Why is Jason Scotland always overlooked?? I know hes coming off injury but he should be match fit by now. We need all our big guns for Cuba. Why not take a guy who scored 29 goals last season?
Hart for president

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »
Besides Stern...This side is the best we have available.

Like we playing for a draw or a 1-0 in Cuba.

Now way no how Toussaint should be there before Stern.

Glen score a tap in vs Haiti down here but he play in a good few games and he salting bad.

Unless he starting Roberts and bringing on Glenn as the super sub in the second half.

I want him keep Phillip in the goal.

Other than Stern, the defence locked, but the middle is a real headache...Whitley ent play a game for the longest while. He have two ineffective midfielders who need caps in Hyland and Daniel. Theobold in the mix, Birchall in the mix, Leon dey too and Edwards spot locked.

The invited overseas pros include Swansea City defender Dennis Lawrence, Sunderland midfielder Carlos Edwards, Ferencvaros FC goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams, Miami FC defender Avery John, Coventry City midfielder Chris Birchall and Denizlispor FC striker Darryl Roberts.

Phillip

Cyd          Hislop       Lawrence      Avery

Leon

Edwards     Whitley   Birchall/Theobold   Hyland/Daniel

Glenn/Roberts

The other players included are goalkeeper Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Makan Hislop (United Petotrin), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Cyd Gray (Clico San Juan Jabloteh), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Khaleem Hyland (unattached), Aurtis Whitley (W Connection), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Andre Toussaint (W Connection) and speedy striker Cornell Glen who is currently undergoing contract negotiations with an overseas club. Maturana commented on his selection, citing the importance of a good start for the team in Havana.

Toussaint should not  even get a corbeaux sweat again for this team - based on what I see last night vs. ES...

From last night's display..I feel we should go wit..

Williams

Cyd            Lawrence         Hislop            Avery

Birchall
Edwards                                           Theobald
                           Hyland

Daniel                Roberts

A bit unorthodox with Daniel up top - but he is better technically than Glen and would link better with the midfield, which would help us maintain possession and get more players involved in the attack.  He is certainly a better option than Toussaint. If he is able to turn his defender...he strikes the ball well.

Subs;
Glen for Daniel (60')
Whitley for Birchall (70') - move Hyland back to DM let Whitley play AM
Leon for Theobald (70')
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 09:09:13 AM »
Baygo boy  ah almost want to agree wid yuh but ah feel for this match I'll give Maturana the benefit and yes we cant afford no loafers for this match against Cuba.John puts too much pressure on other players and we cant afford that kind ah luxury against Cuba.We need 10 men fighting for each other.Nuff said!

1]; } ?>