March 28, 2024, 05:14:47 PM

Author Topic: Uprising El Salvador / Warriors Match Report  (Read 10932 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Uprising El Salvador / Warriors Match Report
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
Forumites - I am trying a ting here ...so please doh compare mih to our resident Match Report expert - Sir "Touches" Esq.

With that out of the way, I must open by saying that we need to continue to support OUR team! - I am very proud of what I witnessed last night at RFK Stadium - The fellas made us proud ..for the most part ...some players on display were clearly not of International calibre and are just not ready (we will get into that later)

When I arrived at RFK (~ 7:15p) ... I was shocked to see how badly outnumbered the T&T contingent was by the ES crowd.  I thought to myself "Nah! -dis cyar be true..de Trinis must be around de corner or assembled somewhere else ..because dis cyar be it" ...yuh  seeing two three red jersey over so ..another  two three dong dey...couple flags ..couple bandana ...

Proceed to find a parking spot in lot 8 and all de ES drunk already and carrying on .. so I studying..if / when de Warriors win dis match..how I getting my car out of here ... because I park deep deep in de middle of a ES section.  Anyhow ah lock mih doors ...say ah quik prayers ...cause de car lil new still... and proceed to de stadium..nice lil walk but ah reach.....tickets in hand ...warm up jes finish by de time ah reach inside.

Bam - sit down ...pan around de stadium and realize dat yes .... we outnumbered bad bad ...it was like de movie -300- ... it might ironic if it was actually 300 of us out of the reported 28000 people in  attendance.... but dat 300 make rell rell noise...and conduct weself properly especially considering dat ES do rell sh_t wit de bottle pelting and runnin on de field and all dat...

The Game:
Trinidad lineup in a 4-1-3-2 - with Leon sitting in front of the back 4 and Theo, Daniel and Hyland in front of him.  Glen and Toussaint up front.  We looked purposeful in de earlies and were looking to settle in and play some ball.  The tactics were made clear within the 1st 10 mins that Trinidad were not going to pressure high and allow ES to knock the ball around in their own half and in midfield - we would retreat and apply ball pressure about 40 yards out - look to win the ball and play counter attacking football.  OK ah could live with that ... but not WHOLE game??!!

The defense was organised in that the spacing was good, but the formation allowed for way too much room on the flanks, so the wide ES players were able to serve balls into the box or swtich the field with one pass, under most often, no durress.  The left mid (#17) for ES was terrorizing Cyd, who looked either roast, old or injured... this was ES best player on the night and was always going to be the player to score for them.  Very comfortable on the ball and always looked dangerous going forward.  His goal was well struck and ES executed to perfection.

To our credit we defended well and limited them to only a few clear cut opportunities.  The best saves our keeper had to make were from deflected clearances from our defenders.  ES players were generally better technically than us...but any player would look good when not under pressure.  It would have been good to see Maturana mix things up occasionally, by moving his line of pressure.  Because when pressured (late) in the game - the ES back 4 looked shaky. Trinidad's defensive tactics were what you would expect from a team playing a man down - very little risk, compact and limited excessive movement ..which is OK..but it relies on defenders winning their individual battles.

Offensively, I was disappointed by the movement off the ball and the overall movement of our forwards.  Toussaint seemed disinterested and never really seemed to get engaged in the game.  He did some things well.. but at this level, more is required. The crowd was calling for his sub after 10 minutes... after two poor touches and no defensive effort.  He was playing as if his spot is booked in the side when the FB are available. No way! Glen, did not see opportunities to run into space or check back to the outside backs to recieve the ball, he spent most of his time posting up the central defenders..who muscled him off the ball..  his 2nd half was better than the 1st.  There always seemed to be too much of a gap between the mids and fwds ..and it was in that gap that ES kept winning the ball.

A point that must be made clear is that is very evident that our players are playing to instructions.  They almost look programmed and to be lacking ideas sometimes..but it is clear that they are trying to execute the coaches instructions.  Which is not an entirely bad thing..because it breeds discipline ..a trait that we have not always had..HOWEVER..a coach must recognize a players strengths and showcase them as well, while maintaining that discipline. 

Our movement off the ball was not there consistently..which says that the players do not understand supporting angles and timing of runs.  That is because all 10 field players are not equally proficient technically..so the thinking is.. "I am not going to run off the ball..because WHEN we lose it..the run back will be that much harder..so instead, I will hold my ground here and leave the player on the ball to figure it out" - that is not international football - The coach has to find players that have this understanding and that are technically proficient..which means that they are fundamentally sound (trapping, passing and receiving), can read the game and are physically fit.   So from this point on ..if you do not have those attributes..your opportunities to represent the Trinidad & Tobago National team, should be slim to none.  A Standard must be established...

Player Evals:

Keeper - 5, Shaky

Cyd - 5 .... something is not right with him..is he injured? ..a speedy winger will mash him up

Edwards - 5 ... seemed too dainty ... his distribution out of the back was poor.  Showed his inexperience by giving up the foul that lead to the ES goal...nice late run forward to setup last goal...

Central defenders - 7.5, were strong in the challenge and played to their limitations..never really got caught out..need to work on clearing the ball..in any direction other than on goal!

Hyland - 8, the fella could play..was the best TT player in the 1st half.  It only takes a few touches to see the men that have IT and the ones that dont...Hyland does..Toussaint does NOT

Theobald - 7, got better as the game progressed...deserved the full 90... is not going to be our defensive midfield so mid, so as an attacking mid needs to offer more going forward.

Daniel - 7.5, good on the ball and could make the squad when the FB come in.  But again, must be more of a threat going forward..but a player to keep.

Leon - 6, did not really have an influence on the game...plugged the middle when he had too..but the flanks were so wide open that ES took advantage of that and never really threatened down the middle.  Do not really see him playing ahead of Whitley, Hyland or Birchall.

Toussaint - 5, 45 minutes was plenty - had me convinced that at 34 and 200 lbs... I deserve a call up to this team!  - this fella cannot be one of our better local forwards..ah cyar believe dat.

Glen - 7, 2 well taken goals..deserves to be in the squad..but comes off the bench to play up front or play him on the flank in midfield.  He is not a target player, and his movement of the ball needs work.  Must be trained accordingly.  Seems to be on a star boy kinda scene..so must lose that attitude, put his head down and continue to work hard.  Did well in the 2nd half.

Subs - 6, OK ..no real contribution... nice goal by Wolfe..a touch was all he needed ..the service from Edwards was top class....

Coaching staff - 6, this is my 1st game seeing Pacho's tactics live...and I was left wondering if he is up to the task.  Trinidad players have a flair and pinache that needs to integral to our football - I just did not see that last night.  I saw players afraid to make mistakes and to take risks.... gone are the days of attacking football?? ...say it aint so!!!... 

We need to find;
2 defensive mids that are pitbulls in the midfield, that would allow the other 4 offensive players the freedom to attack

2 wing backs that can defend, initiate the attack and get forward,

2 wingers with pace and ability to get down the line and around the corner..

a target striker, with a mobile striker playing off of him..both of whom could finish....

Players from ES game that should be in the 18 for Cuba:
Hyland (should start), Daniel (should start), Theobald, Glen, Central Defenders

Bless!

"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising El Salvador / Warriors Match Report
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 08:41:51 AM »
MUCH APPRECIATED

:beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »
so do you think my client (julius) could get ah run.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »
excellent report uprising..  :beermug:

glad to hear that from all accounts it seems like their was some improvement from the last couple haiti games.

onward to Cuba.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 08:57:34 AM »
thanks for the report.  :beermug:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 08:59:52 AM »
Nice round up...

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 09:01:28 AM »
u getting the left back #3 mixed up with Cyd,#3 get cap,furs whatever u want to call it & foul the spanish man.That was not a well excutied free kick a little lucky if u ask me, the ball was to be a cross nobody toched it & it snuck into the last post.Dont forget after the game the players greet we(t&t fans),first time i see Hyland play he had a decent first half,nice touches & was changing the play from left to right.Not a bad proformance seeing that EL SAL was like the home team we still need alot of work to get things right,nice report never the less :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »
Uprising thanks breds.

Sounding like we improving...I think we should be good enough to win 1-0 or 2-0 in Havana.

Whitley is the key...if he fit, he will add the defensive and offensive spark. Birchall will tackle and serve in the freekicks and corners for Lawrence so we alright.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »
One thing I disagree wid yuh about is Glenn.  Ah think sometimes he looks bad because the service to him is poor.  Glenn is a player that is most effective when he is facing the opposition and running towards goal.  Because of tactics/formation/lack of creative midfielders he is forced to play with his back towards goal.  What you call starboy attitude I see more as frustration.  There were a couple times last night when he made good runs into space only to have a terrible pass sent his way.  Either de pass was overweighted or wide and yuh could see by his gestures that he wasn't happy about it.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »
u getting the left back #3 mixed up with Cyd,#3 get cap,furs whatever u want to call it & foul the spanish man.That was not a well excutied free kick a little lucky if u ask me, the ball was to be a cross nobody toched it & it snuck into the last post.Dont forget after the game the players greet we(t&t fans),first time i see Hyland play he had a decent first half,nice touches & was changing the play from left to right.Not a bad proformance seeing that EL SAL was like the home team we still need alot of work to get things right,nice report never the less :beermug:

I understand dat it was the #3 that get the "sombrero" that lead to the ES goal.. but I thought he AND Cyd had sub par nights.  The ES goal may have been lucky to you ..but it was perfect execution to me.  

From that angle - right side of the box for an inswinging left footed service - players are coached to drive the ball across the face of the goal...aiming for the area just inside or just outside the far post.  The attacking players are to make aggressive runs towards the near post, so that the GK does not have a clear view of the ball, because there is too much "traffic" flashing across him.  The idea is, if the ball is driven well (as it was) - 1) all an attacker would need is a touch to get it on goal 2) You get a deflection of a tracking defender - own goal and 3) in this case - no one touches it ....but because you were aiming for the area indicated above.... the result is the keeper getting beaten standing still....goal!  

Perfect execution ..... not luck.  

Our 1st goal was also well executed ..... short corner from the right side.. Theo to Daniel ...well driven bending ball into the 6yd box....Glen rises and with the slightest of headers (because of the quality of the ball served)...goal.  Had that ball from Daniel beaten everyone..it would have been a goal or a real nice save....

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 09:15:10 AM »
Thanx Uprising... Good Read...
Touches yuh better watch out your reporting job might be on the line :)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
buh A,A.....Uprising like yuh wha give Touches ah run for he money, nah just kidding, we appreciate all we match reports for all we forumites. Give thx breds!
On a lighter note, I take it your feeling is that Toussaint does NOT deserve to be on dis  team, yuh wasn't too CLEAR bout dat in yuh report ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
Speaking abt Toussaint.. I have not seen him play since Gold Cup, and to me he played decent.. Gets bumped off the ball  a little too easily, but otherwise OK.... Has he just dipped in form?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »
Look some more pics  http://picasaweb.google.com/acjeffers/TTVSElSalvador   Thai yuh boy Weh-it-is in thee white tee with thee shades.  
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 10:02:16 AM »
Thanks.Looks like our reporters better ;D

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »
Nice report Breds.

Toujour Pret!

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 10:09:03 AM »
Thanks for the report, man. I was quite pleased and surprised to hear that we won...then I saw that the coach actually bent to his critics and put 2 men upfront. good.
anyhoo, uprising you didn't explain how we came to be 1 man down???what happened there? and who was sent off?

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
Thanks Wehitis for the pix. The videos gave a real nice taste of the vibes.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 10:38:54 AM »
Thanks for the report, man. I was quite pleased and surprised to hear that we won...then I saw that the coach actually bent to his critics and put 2 men upfront. good.
anyhoo, uprising you didn't explain how we came to be 1 man down???what happened there? and who was sent off?

One ah we players hit ah man ah tackle on the line and the referee call the foul against T & T...we players start to quarrel, ES men start to rant and rave.....All of ah sudden Cyd Gray run out ah the defence, past the half field to quarrel, ah man get in he way and he butt him like ah shoalin monk...get ah elbow after dat dat lay him flat on d ground for ah 10...den he get up to receive he red card (along wid the ES player).  Dat Cyd gray buttin incident was real chupidness in my book...no way he was suppose to be even near dat scene...he in dis ting too  long to be still doin dem kinda arsenine ting.
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
quite right..steups >:(

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »

I understand dat it was the #3 that get the "sombrero" that lead to the ES goal.. but I thought he AND Cyd had sub par nights.  The ES goal may have been lucky to you ..but it was perfect execution to me.  

From that angle - right side of the box for an inswinging left footed service - players are coached to drive the ball across the face of the goal...aiming for the area just inside or just outside the far post.  The attacking players are to make aggressive runs towards the near post, so that the GK does not have a clear view of the ball, because there is too much "traffic" flashing across him.  The idea is, if the ball is driven well (as it was) - 1) all an attacker would need is a touch to get it on goal 2) You get a deflection of a tracking defender - own goal and 3) in this case - no one touches it ....but because you were aiming for the area indicated above.... the result is the keeper getting beaten standing still....goal!  

Perfect execution ..... not luck.  

Our 1st goal was also well executed ..... short corner from the right side.. Theo to Daniel ...well driven bending ball into the 6yd box....Glen rises and with the slightest of headers (because of the quality of the ball served)...goal.  Had that ball from Daniel beaten everyone..it would have been a goal or a real nice save....

:beermug: :beermug:
maybe i being a trini 2 the bone & hateing on they goal,also daniel is ah deffiate keeper even when the pros come back

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 11:22:53 AM »
My biggest concern with regards to the defending is the way we back off too deep a lot of the times. Many times we wait until them ES men reach on top ah the box before we start seriously tackling for the ball....and dat cyah work cause most teams not goin and try walk in the goal and score like we....it have plenty men out dey will welcome dat space to hit ah bullet and buss whey we net....we have to start to apply pressure from a lot higher up the pitch.. all dat contribute to the reason why it had dat big space between Cornell Glenn and the midlfield...we have to win more battles in the middle and break down the  opposing team plays much earlier instead ah waitn till dem right up on we box....dat is ah risky game.
Talking bout Glenn..dais meh boi but he need to get fit / fitter...and he need some better service too, for the most ah the first half dem was tryin to play the same cross field long ball to him all d time and it wasnt workin...better midfield play will improve both our defence and attack as we saw in the last 10 minutes ah the game when we were ridin high with confidence.
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 11:24:04 AM »
Thanks breds so ho doin d 1 v Cuba. Touches ah c yuh franchise out d match reports niceness
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »
Forumites - I am trying a ting here ...so please doh compare mih to our resident Match Report expert - Sir "Touches" Esq.

With that out of the way, I must open by saying that we need to continue to support OUR team! - I am very proud of what I witnessed last night at RFK Stadium - The fellas made us proud ..for the most part ...some players on display were clearly not of International calibre and are just not ready (we will get into that later)

When I arrived at RFK (~ 7:15p) ... I was shocked to see how badly outnumbered the T&T contingent was by the ES crowd.  I thought to myself "Nah! -dis cyar be true..de Trinis must be around de corner or assembled somewhere else ..because dis cyar be it" ...yuh  seeing two three red jersey over so ..another  two three dong dey...couple flags ..couple bandana ...

Proceed to find a parking spot in lot 8 and all de ES drunk already and carrying on .. so I studying..if / when de Warriors win dis match..how I getting my car out of here ... because I park deep deep in de middle of a ES section.  Anyhow ah lock mih doors ...say ah quik prayers ...cause de car lil new still... and proceed to de stadium..nice lil walk but ah reach.....tickets in hand ...warm up jes finish by de time ah reach inside.

Bam - sit down ...pan around de stadium and realize dat yes .... we outnumbered bad bad ...it was like de movie -300- ... it might ironic if it was actually 300 of us out of the reported 28000 people in  attendance.... but dat 300 make rell rell noise...and conduct weself properly especially considering dat ES do rell sh_t wit de bottle pelting and runnin on de field and all dat...

The Game:
Trinidad lineup in a 4-1-3-2 - with Leon sitting in front of the back 4 and Theo, Daniel and Hyland in front of him.  Glen and Toussaint up front.  We looked purposeful in de earlies and were looking to settle in and play some ball.  The tactics were made clear within the 1st 10 mins that Trinidad were not going to pressure high and allow ES to knock the ball around in their own half and in midfield - we would retreat and apply ball pressure about 40 yards out - look to win the ball and play counter attacking football.  OK ah could live with that ... but not WHOLE game??!!

The defense was organised in that the spacing was good, but the formation allowed for way too much room on the flanks, so the wide ES players were able to serve balls into the box or swtich the field with one pass, under most often, no durress.  The left mid (#17) for ES was terrorizing Cyd, who looked either roast, old or injured... this was ES best player on the night and was always going to be the player to score for them.  Very comfortable on the ball and always looked dangerous going forward.  His goal was well struck and ES executed to perfection.

To our credit we defended well and limited them to only a few clear cut opportunities.  The best saves our keeper had to make were from deflected clearances from our defenders.  ES players were generally better technically than us...but any player would look good when not under pressure.  It would have been good to see Maturana mix things up occasionally, by moving his line of pressure.  Because when pressured (late) in the game - the ES back 4 looked shaky. Trinidad's defensive tactics were what you would expect from a team playing a man down - very little risk, compact and limited excessive movement ..which is OK..but it relies on defenders winning their individual battles.

Offensively, I was disappointed by the movement off the ball and the overall movement of our forwards.  Toussaint seemed disinterested and never really seemed to get engaged in the game.  He did some things well.. but at this level, more is required. The crowd was calling for his sub after 10 minutes... after two poor touches and no defensive effort.  He was playing as if his spot is booked in the side when the FB are available. No way! Glen, did not see opportunities to run into space or check back to the outside backs to recieve the ball, he spent most of his time posting up the central defenders..who muscled him off the ball..  his 2nd half was better than the 1st.  There always seemed to be too much of a gap between the mids and fwds ..and it was in that gap that ES kept winning the ball.

A point that must be made clear is that is very evident that our players are playing to instructions.  They almost look programmed and to be lacking ideas sometimes..but it is clear that they are trying to execute the coaches instructions.  Which is not an entirely bad thing..because it breeds discipline ..a trait that we have not always had..HOWEVER..a coach must recognize a players strengths and showcase them as well, while maintaining that discipline. 

Our movement off the ball was not there consistently..which says that the players do not understand supporting angles and timing of runs.  That is because all 10 field players are not equally proficient technically..so the thinking is.. "I am not going to run off the ball..because WHEN we lose it..the run back will be that much harder..so instead, I will hold my ground here and leave the player on the ball to figure it out" - that is not international football - The coach has to find players that have this understanding and that are technically proficient..which means that they are fundamentally sound (trapping, passing and receiving), can read the game and are physically fit.   So from this point on ..if you do not have those attributes..your opportunities to represent the Trinidad & Tobago National team, should be slim to none.  A Standard must be established...

Player Evals:

Keeper - 5, Shaky

Cyd - 5 .... something is not right with him..is he injured? ..a speedy winger will mash him up

Edwards - 5 ... seemed too dainty ... his distribution out of the back was poor.  Showed his inexperience by giving up the foul that lead to the ES goal...nice late run forward to setup last goal...

Central defenders - 7.5, were strong in the challenge and played to their limitations..never really got caught out..need to work on clearing the ball..in any direction other than on goal!

Hyland - 8, the fella could play..was the best TT player in the 1st half.  It only takes a few touches to see the men that have IT and the ones that dont...Hyland does..Toussaint does NOT

Theobald - 7, got better as the game progressed...deserved the full 90... is not going to be our defensive midfield so mid, so as an attacking mid needs to offer more going forward.

Daniel - 7.5, good on the ball and could make the squad when the FB come in.  But again, must be more of a threat going forward..but a player to keep.

Leon - 6, did not really have an influence on the game...plugged the middle when he had too..but the flanks were so wide open that ES took advantage of that and never really threatened down the middle.  Do not really see him playing ahead of Whitley, Hyland or Birchall.

Toussaint - 5, 45 minutes was plenty - had me convinced that at 34 and 200 lbs... I deserve a call up to this team!  - this fella cannot be one of our better local forwards..ah cyar believe dat.

Glen - 7, 2 well taken goals..deserves to be in the squad..but comes off the bench to play up front or play him on the flank in midfield.  He is not a target player, and his movement of the ball needs work.  Must be trained accordingly.  Seems to be on a star boy kinda scene..so must lose that attitude, put his head down and continue to work hard.  Did well in the 2nd half.

Subs - 6, OK ..no real contribution... nice goal by Wolfe..a touch was all he needed ..the service from Edwards was top class....

Coaching staff - 6, this is my 1st game seeing Pacho's tactics live...and I was left wondering if he is up to the task.  Trinidad players have a flair and pinache that needs to integral to our football - I just did not see that last night.  I saw players afraid to make mistakes and to take risks.... gone are the days of attacking football?? ...say it aint so!!!... 

We need to find;
2 defensive mids that are pitbulls in the midfield, that would allow the other 4 offensive players the freedom to attack

2 wing backs that can defend, initiate the attack and get forward,

2 wingers with pace and ability to get down the line and around the corner..

a target striker, with a mobile striker playing off of him..both of whom could finish....

Players from ES game that should be in the 18 for Cuba:
Hyland (should start), Daniel (should start), Theobald, Glen, Central Defenders

Bless!

we need to find a lot, we need basically a whole team...it funny how some people say phillips  performing well while you said he was shaky.  The cuba game will be very interesting.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »
One thing I disagree wid yuh about is Glenn.  Ah think sometimes he looks bad because the service to him is poor.  Glenn is a player that is most effective when he is facing the opposition and running towards goal.  Because of tactics/formation/lack of creative midfielders he is forced to play with his back towards goal.  What you call starboy attitude I see more as frustration.  There were a couple times last night when he made good runs into space only to have a terrible pass sent his way.  Either de pass was overweighted or wide and yuh could see by his gestures that he wasn't happy about it.

Peeps ... no worries on de report ...it was de least I could do because Touches and others have been handling we (especially those of us dat outside) fuh so long ..ah had tuh give it a go!!  Touches is de chief doh...de res ah we is jes tryin a ting!!

I hear yuh on Glenn .... he would show better wit better service...but he could actually help improve the quality of service ...by improving the quality of his runs... 2 tings were not happening consistently...the forwards were not leading the mids and backs and; the mids and backs were often playing too slowly ...they were not processing the play quickly enough when the counter was on.  IMHO that comes down to technical ability and awareness.  Which is learned.

"we need to find a lot, we need basically a whole team...it funny how some people say phillips  performing well while you said he was shaky.  The cuba game will be very interesting"

When I say we need to find these players for these roles - - I mean we need to decide on who these players are going to be based on the current crop of players ...I am in no way saying that we need to start or extend the "talent search"....

From what I saw last night, I think Hyland could hold it in the middle.. He and Whitley (if Yorke is not available) could be the 2 pitbulls I spoke of earlier...we just need 4 dangermen in front of them to make of offense go...KJ and who else?

:beermug:

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
nice report!   :beermug: thxs UPRISING
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:14:49 PM by chinee boi »

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 12:42:09 PM »
Good one UPRISING
seems like you could be the eastern seaboard sports bureau reporter for the Soca Warriors.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:44:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 12:47:18 PM »
Thanks for the detailed follow up breds  :beermug:

ah hope dey eh scratch yuh car
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »

Ah rell bad tackle -late and over the top of the ball - by our #7, start off the whole ting..  Simple ball play across to the man...he could not trap...so...since it was right in front of our bench that he made this error (with Pacho watching)... he decide that he want to mash up the ES player... de fella jes push and skip... but could not avoid the tackle completely.... so dey tussle after...benches cleared ...even the ES subs dat was warming up behind de goal ran all de way out to midfield........anybody on here would have been vex if a man com sliding een like dat...  

it took quite a while to sort things out...so I did not even see what Cyd do...  ES only had one player sent off as well so it was actually 10v10....a player on the ES bench got a red card....so they only lost one field player.

Note: the #7 get turn up bad bad by ES #4 -  so he was frustrated long before he do dat piece ah mess.... the #4 giv him a lil stop and go and hand de man doing de "matrix" yes - - de part when Neo was dodgin de bullets... I seriously tawt de #7 break he back!!!

1]; } ?>