March 28, 2024, 08:24:28 AM

Author Topic: Uprising El Salvador / Warriors Match Report  (Read 10929 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising El Salvador / Warriors Match Report
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
Thanks for the detailed follow up breds  :beermug:

ah hope dey eh scratch yuh car
Nah ah was safe man!! - - but ah walk tru dat parking lot like ah teef something doh....steuppss ....is a shame dat as a big man ah have to move so...but man have wok, wife and kids to go home to sah... cyar be on dat bad boy ting and look to start nutting!!  We done win de game..ah good wit dat...

:beermug:
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
thanks for de report  :beermug:

i was on youtube looking for some highlights and i find this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEd91EUKlRw
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »
Thanks uprising! VERY nice read. Sounds like we should be able to get pass Cuba on Wednesday. Will also be a good boost for the Guatemala game...Also sounds like an SOS for Stern, Randi Patterson and Collin Samuel.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »
Uprising thanks breds.

Sounding like we improving...I think we should be good enough to win 1-0 or 2-0 in Havana.

Whitley is the key...if he fit, he will add the defensive and offensive spark. Birchall will tackle and serve in the freekicks and corners for Lawrence so we alright.

Thank you Uprising for the report !

I was thinking the same thing. Birchall is a much-needed man in the def mid for T&T.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 01:31:37 PM »
Thanks uprising! VERY nice read. Sounds like we should be able to get pass Cuba on Wednesday. Will also be a good boost for the Guatemala game...Also sounds like an SOS for Stern, Randi Patterson and Collin Samuel.

I surely hope that we can get a result at Cuba -- it will not be easy...but last night was a BIG win for this team -- Hostile environment and the kept their composure and got a result...sometimes yuh have to do what you must..we just have to accept that it will not always be pretty. 

Of concern;  the retreating to the 40 yd (line) before we apply pressure on the ball.  This will not work for 90 minutes.  Pacho has to change up his defensive schemed DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME.  Last night he afforded ES way too much possession and did not make A SINGLE ADJUSTMENT.  That is worrying...is he actually coaching?? Because these fellas need it.

Is like in basketball - sometimes yuh press full court...sometimes yuh fall back and play zone....yuh have to mix it up...alot of time las night one man would presha high ...but the other 9 men droppin back...leavin about a 30 yd gap in the middle of the field...there must be presha as these teams transition throough the 3rds....

There is not enough time to teach that to the locals...so hopefully the addition of the FB brings this level of understanding.  Pacho you self man!  You is a big coach...you must read the game and make adjustments....did not make the last 2 subs until 10 minutes left in the game?? Not when yuh defending most of the game...yuh know men was tired.... bring the subs on (especially in a friendly) with 20 - 25 mns left ...so they could help hustle it and preserve the win....

Coaching 101!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
u getting the left back #3 mixed up with Cyd,#3 get cap,furs whatever u want to call it & foul the spanish man.That was not a well excutied free kick a little lucky if u ask me, the ball was to be a cross nobody toched it & it snuck into the last post.Dont forget after the game the players greet we(t&t fans),first time i see Hyland play he had a decent first half,nice touches & was changing the play from left to right.Not a bad proformance seeing that EL SAL was like the home team we still need alot of work to get things right,nice report never the less :beermug:

I understand dat it was the #3 that get the "sombrero" that lead to the ES goal.. but I thought he AND Cyd had sub par nights.  The ES goal may have been lucky to you ..but it was perfect execution to me.  

From that angle - right side of the box for an inswinging left footed service - players are coached to drive the ball across the face of the goal...aiming for the area just inside or just outside the far post.  The attacking players are to make aggressive runs towards the near post, so that the GK does not have a clear view of the ball, because there is too much "traffic" flashing across him.  The idea is, if the ball is driven well (as it was) - 1) all an attacker would need is a touch to get it on goal 2) You get a deflection of a tracking defender - own goal and 3) in this case - no one touches it ....but because you were aiming for the area indicated above.... the result is the keeper getting beaten standing still....goal!  

Perfect execution ..... not luck.  

Our 1st goal was also well executed ..... short corner from the right side.. Theo to Daniel ...well driven bending ball into the 6yd box....Glen rises and with the slightest of headers (because of the quality of the ball served)...goal.  Had that ball from Daniel beaten everyone..it would have been a goal or a real nice save....

:beermug: :beermug:
maybe i being a trini 2 the bone & hateing on they goal,also daniel is ah deffiate keeper even when the pros come back

doh study it... Steven Goff in de Washington Post call it ah lucky goal too.

Weh-it-is look yuh pictures here

David look like he have ah nice happy drunk going on  :rotfl:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 01:54:21 PM »
nice pictures...  :D  I especially like the last one.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »
u getting the left back #3 mixed up with Cyd,#3 get cap,furs whatever u want to call it & foul the spanish man.That was not a well excutied free kick a little lucky if u ask me, the ball was to be a cross nobody toched it & it snuck into the last post.Dont forget after the game the players greet we(t&t fans),first time i see Hyland play he had a decent first half,nice touches & was changing the play from left to right.Not a bad proformance seeing that EL SAL was like the home team we still need alot of work to get things right,nice report never the less :beermug:

I understand dat it was the #3 that get the "sombrero" that lead to the ES goal.. but I thought he AND Cyd had sub par nights.  The ES goal may have been lucky to you ..but it was perfect execution to me.  

From that angle - right side of the box for an inswinging left footed service - players are coached to drive the ball across the face of the goal...aiming for the area just inside or just outside the far post.  The attacking players are to make aggressive runs towards the near post, so that the GK does not have a clear view of the ball, because there is too much "traffic" flashing across him.  The idea is, if the ball is driven well (as it was) - 1) all an attacker would need is a touch to get it on goal 2) You get a deflection of a tracking defender - own goal and 3) in this case - no one touches it ....but because you were aiming for the area indicated above.... the result is the keeper getting beaten standing still....goal!  

Our 1st goal was also well executed ..... short corner from the right side.. Theo to Daniel ...well driven bending ball into the 6yd box....Glen rises and with the slightest of headers (because of the quality of the ball served)...goal.  Had that ball from Daniel beaten everyone..it would have been a goal or a real nice save....

maybe i being a trini 2 the bone & hateing on they goal,also daniel is ah deffiate keeper even when the pros come back

Thanks for posting the pics Bake n Shark, weh yuh was in thee crowd...Yuh ent have no pics?  :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:04:44 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »

Weh-it-is  :rotfl:  when ah show yuh who Pointman is yuh go laugh dread!!!
How is Clydie and Patrick and dem Virginia boys???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 02:15:02 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics Bake n Shark, weh yuh was in thee crowd...Yuh ent have no pics?  :)

ah was'n at de game man... ah done spring fuh de Chicago trip next month and had tuh economise, couldn't afford another set ah tickets, plus gas and all dat.

Ah was dey in spirit doh  ;D

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »
Point??? But what is this... Clyde, Rene and Patrick doing good and the crew. I saw them yesterday at the game. Unveil yuh self nah Point. Yuh ever play on the same team with we? 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »
Keep showing the pictures and Jack will be motivated to really move the games abroad cause it looking like it have good support
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 02:33:18 PM »
Point??? But what is this... Clyde, Rene and Patrick doing good and the crew. I saw them yesterday at the game. Unveil yuh self nah Point. Yuh ever play on the same team with we? 

Of Course!!!! ;D

In Blair road...I's Rookie

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »
Keep showing the pictures and Jack will be motivated to really move the games abroad cause it looking like it have good support
:whistling:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 02:44:21 PM »

Of Course!!!! ;D

How yuh doing Brethren? You still playin ball or what? Alyuh on here playing hide and go seek ah wah.  :rotfl: Yuh going to thee Chicago game?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »
Spidey boi more support than v Bermuda ah wonder what d crowd go b v Guat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 03:07:14 PM »

Nah... doh get fooled.  By all accounts the numbers were small.  Even on YouTube dem Salvatruchas and dem mocking we dat we can't even come out and support we team.  I think that the Trini contingent though small, they represented well in spirit.  That definitely came across in de pics... but either way is ah payday fuh Jack anytime he schedule ah game against dem Central American teams in the DC area.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »
Who was #3? He was leaving men on the flank open and then hadda put in some desperate tackle.

Also there was a play where the El Sal Left back put in a long ball that split our two CM and was almost a goal scorig opportunity. Our midfield falling back too far off the ball. #18 was playing zone but was covering no one. He was trying to fill passing lanes but when you doing this on the 30 yd line yuh begging for trouble.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
Thanks Uprising...good read....
Good win for the team......good  morale booster before Cuba.....and I still hope Maturana know what he doing....

GO T&T!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 06:01:31 PM »
Nice pics... I know this fella (David)...8)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2008, 08:09:27 AM »
Nice pics... I know this fella (David)...8)

Tai Teddy thee Roti man in DC. ;D

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
good stories on the game, but you all see this man still have the guys playing back behind the mid line...we gotta learn to play forward and push for the goals. Okay we win but will this tactic work against the cubans, guatemala, usa???
we have to get more aggressive...am I wrong? ???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2008, 12:46:12 PM »
Tai Teddy thee Roti man in DC. ;D

Teddy brother actually... he just kept the name of the business the same.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2008, 12:57:17 PM »
One thing I disagree wid yuh about is Glenn.  Ah think sometimes he looks bad because the service to him is poor.  Glenn is a player that is most effective when he is facing the opposition and running towards goal.  Because of tactics/formation/lack of creative midfielders he is forced to play with his back towards goal.  What you call starboy attitude I see more as frustration.  There were a couple times last night when he made good runs into space only to have a terrible pass sent his way.  Either de pass was overweighted or wide and yuh could see by his gestures that he wasn't happy about it.

Peeps ... no worries on de report ...it was de least I could do because Touches and others have been handling we (especially those of us dat outside) fuh so long ..ah had tuh give it a go!!  Touches is de chief doh...de res ah we is jes tryin a ting!!

I hear yuh on Glenn .... he would show better wit better service...but he could actually help improve the quality of service ...by improving the quality of his runs... 2 tings were not happening consistently...the forwards were not leading the mids and backs and; the mids and backs were often playing too slowly ...they were not processing the play quickly enough when the counter was on.  IMHO that comes down to technical ability and awareness.  Which is learned.

"we need to find a lot, we need basically a whole team...it funny how some people say phillips  performing well while you said he was shaky.  The cuba game will be very interesting"

When I say we need to find these players for these roles - - I mean we need to decide on who these players are going to be based on the current crop of players ...I am in no way saying that we need to start or extend the "talent search"....

From what I saw last night, I think Hyland could hold it in the middle.. He and Whitley (if Yorke is not available) could be the 2 pitbulls I spoke of earlier...we just need 4 dangermen in front of them to make of offense go...KJ and who else?

:beermug:

ok i understand yuh point but it look like maturana done decide and we know one thing for sure..he decide we doh need stern... :beermug:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »

Of Course!!!! ;D

How yuh doing Brethren? You still playin ball or what? Alyuh on here playing hide and go seek ah wah.  :rotfl: Yuh going to thee Chicago game?

Ah cyar make that Chitown game...too far.
I done running ball, age in meh ass.
Will be in the DC area weekend of the 26Th

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »
www.ttproleague.com say 25,000 people was in the stands.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
good stories on the game, but you all see this man still have the guys playing back behind the mid line...we gotta learn to play forward and push for the goals. Okay we win but will this tactic work against the cubans, guatemala, usa???
we have to get more aggressive...am I wrong? ???

I wonder if it was a tactical move by the defense to open up the midfield, by holding on to the ball on occasions switching it back and forth. That can become dangerous agint much fast strikers. Our defense needs to learn to overlap or make more plays and not hold on to the ball as much.   

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2008, 04:42:19 PM »

Of Course!!!! ;D

Ah cyar make that Chitown game...too far.
I done running ball, age in meh ass.
Will be in the DC area weekend of the 26Th

Age?? Thai what America does do to people, you never to old jed. Ah foget, I was thee rookie at tha time back at Blair road. I still flying pass people on thee wing Boi.   Remember we team use to beat all them JA team...Bajon team is everybody use to geh licks. ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 04:50:09 PM by Weh-it-is »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia