April 26, 2024, 11:38:02 AM

Author Topic: West Ham trial for Daniel.  (Read 7140 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
West Ham trial for Daniel.
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:58:10 AM »
West Ham trial for Daniel.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Midfielder Keon Daniel could be one of the next Trinidad and Tobago international to grab the opportunity of plying his trade in the English Premiership. Following this country’s August 20 2010 World Cup qualifier against Cuba, Daniel will head to West Ham United for a one-week trial.

The Tobago-born player, who once had a training stint at Manchester United, got word of West Ham’s interest from an associate of the club and after subsequent follow ups, the invitation was extended for Daniel to attend the trial. It is understood that Daniel was spotted at the T&T versus England friendly international on June 1 in Port of Spain.

Daniel though will be hoping to not only impress West Ham boss Alan Curbishley during the trial but he will also be keeping his fingers crossed over a work permit application once the club decides on making him an offer.

“It’s going to be a great opportunity for me and it’s one I’m looking forward to. I’m not worried as once I get over there I will give it my best and show what I can do. Going over before I started playing for the national team may have been a bit strange but now I’m playing regularly and I have been to England before so this time I know what to expect in terms of the conditions,” Daniel told TTFF Media.

The former T&T Under 20 player mentioned that the “Hammers” were keen on having him over at an earlier date. “They actually wanted me to come earlier this month but I couldn’t because of the matches we have now leading up to Cuba. (So) arrangements have been made for me to go up after the Cuba game. If things work out for me… we also have to look at the transfer deadline which is August 31,” Daniel noted.

Daniel becomes the second player on the current national senior team being scoped by a Premiership club with Khaleem Hyland also being looked at by Portsmouth and is close to signing a contract depending on a work permit application.

On the topic of the national team, Daniel added : “Right now we are just focused on playing and training as much as we can because that is one main way of getting our game right. We are aiming to reach a certain level. I think we are on the improve and we are working towards an opening win in Cuba.”
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:04:17 PM by Flex »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Utd. Petrotrin's Keon Daniel for West Ham trials in 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:46:51 AM »
Good luck Keon.

Although ah cyah see how if Hyland eh get a work permit, why you would get one.

Wish you both the best
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 04:08:19 AM »
Tinto ketching his arse to impress League Two club managers and Keon Daniel have a trial at West Ham? Well yes!

Good Luck Bro!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 04:26:59 AM »

I wonder if the minister of Sport link the British High Commission in Port-of-Spain..if that go make a difference??

After all.. work permit is a government issue and not a making the team issue...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: West Ham trial for Daniel.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 06:11:03 AM »
Good luck Keon.

Wish you both the best
Even if they don't get permits, the clubs will ship them out to Belgium or somewhere. So, depending on the level, at least they getting experience outside. And if they good enough, when they qualify for the permit they'll be back.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 06:24:24 AM »
skilla go rip them up

he have de body and skill to make an impression
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 06:30:02 AM »
funny how he wasnt the most talented in his age group from bago  but he kept to it while the others played and continue to play the arse.

i dont believe st clair is the most technical of our coaches but i think he offers the most at yute level. who vex loss.

do yuh best skila, doh frighten to share beat, i find we shy away from that. you have to give the english something they dont already have.

bend it like skila
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 06:45:43 AM »
skilla go rip them up

he have de body and skill to make an impression
?

If is one man desperately need a weights program is he.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 07:06:33 AM »
all d best skilla, keep flying the flag of Compre " d original compre" and T&T as well...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »
funny how he wasnt the most talented in his age group from bago  but he kept to it while the others played and continue to play the arse.

i dont believe st clair is the most technical of our coaches but i think he offers the most at yute level. who vex loss.

do yuh best skila, doh frighten to share beat, i find we shy away from that. you have to give the english something they dont already have.

bend it like skila

sure about that !!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 07:58:39 AM »
yup pretty much

he was more well known because he was in coaching school. there is this guy who probably 2-3 yrs  older than skila, left footer also, he has stopped playing ball now. stopped totally dont even sweat.  his surname is yorke so maybe he is some distant relative.

one of the most promising yute i saw migrated to the states at about age 14. so ah know he football days done more into basketball now. at 12 yrs old  he was shooting hard with left and right foot hence the nick name trigger foot. did meet skila's team  in a  republic cup match. ripped them to shreds
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:06:07 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 08:27:58 AM »
I do not know the individual personally or his advisors...but do you think this trial and the timing could unsettle him?

Do you think he will go full 100% for the next two matches knowing he has to remain fit for his job interview the following week. Let us not forget he has some niggling injuries and missed the Haiti game in TT.

That said I wish the youth man all the best. Concentrate on each challenge and task as it comes, stay fit and give it your all. Also the first thing you should do is say some prayers. If it is for you it will happen. Best of Luck.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 08:32:03 AM »
Aganist England they scout Daniel and he was good in spurts....   :devil:

Hyland was a boss in that game, even though Daniel run pass a few players on the left. Luís Boa Morte, Kieron Dyer and Kyel Reid can also play on the left.... might be tough for Daniel, he will have to step up...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 08:45:03 AM »
Keon breds go prove yuhself ..ignore the haters and go make yuh country proud

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 09:11:36 AM »
Aganist England they scout Daniel and he was good in spurts....   :devil:

Hyland was a boss in that game, even though Daniel run pass a few players on the left. Luís Boa Morte, Kieron Dyer and Kyel Reid can also play on the left.... might be tough for Daniel, he will have to step up...

I can guarantee West Ham are going to try him as a CM(His preferred position)     

Well done Skilla... Go up dere and do what yuh have to do

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
Good luck Keon.  But first you have to put in ah bess performance for we against Cuba, with a goal.  All d best man.  Hopefully T'dad climbs the FIFA rankings in September.  Blessings man.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »
i feeling confident 4 some strange reason anyways.......do left footers have an advantage?

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
How we going to climb in the rankings and we lose our first game in August.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »
How we going to climb in the rankings and we lose our first game in August.

You don't understand how the rankings are calculated.

Yes, we can rise even losing all our games in a period... yes its complicated  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »
All the best young man. Make it happen, both you and Khaleem!! :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
Hope you have an outstanding game tomorrow and against Cuba and carry that momentum into the trial and blow dem away dread......we backing u right thru as usual hoss...all the best to you and Hyland
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
My main concern is his ability to handle the rough play because he will get plenty of that in the english game and the trial .....how he handles it mentally will determine how well he performs ..if he intimidated...game over
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:17:11 PM by Ngozi »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »
All d best say yuh prayers as Touches say because d WP issue need pray and fastin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 01:10:14 PM »
Firstly, I certainly believe you deserve to be congratulated. Congratulations meh boi. I'm happy for you, and I hope de man above bless you, so dat things go in your favor and you be rewarded a contract. People, I always believe dat being offered a trial at a big club or a good club dat is playing in a top league, is an honor by itself. Let us don't ever take dat for granted, cuz remember there are thousands or should I say millions of yutes around de world, trying to make it in football/soccer. So wid dat said, to be even offered a trial and come from our lil island, we better be thankful for small mercies.

However, in de worst case scenario, like someone mentioned earlier, I hope you at least go to Belgium and get some well deserved experience. Of course dat move will give you some valuable experience, so dat you could further your career and very important, to help our national team qualify for 2010. Hyland I haven't forgoten you also my breddah, best of luck to both of you. Bless. CLICK-CLICK.

Team USA

Well wid no surprise to me at all, de men's basketball team won their second game. Wade from de Miami Heat  ;), for de second consecutive game he has led all scores wid 19 points. Well Wade is meh boi, but I must admit, dat de block dat James put on dat Angola player was de highlight of dat game. I thought de Angola player and de ball went out of de arena yes  :o. Damn dat young boi (James) so big and strong, it is unbelievable. Yuh cud see de highlights of it and other plays on nbcolympics.com (click on basketball, highlights etc). Damn ah wonder if, yuh mad, not if, is when USA win dat gold medal, what some people around here will say  8).Next game (tomorrow)Thursday at 8:oo AM.

Talk keep dem talking, Wade, Kobe and crew, dey have a lot more coming  8).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 12:46:47 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »
                                                          Team USA

Well wid no surprise to me at all, de men's basketball team won their second game. Wade is meh boi, but I must admit, de block dat James put on dat Angola player, I thought he and de ball went out de arena yes  :o. Damn dat young boi (James) so damn big and strong is unbelievable. Yuh cud see de highlights of it and other plays on nbcolympics.com (click on basketball, highlights etc). Damn ah wonder if, yuh mad, not if, is when USA win dat gold medal, what some people around here will say  8).Next game (tomorrow)Thursday at 8:oo AM.

SUPA...ah worried fuh yuh yuh know breddrin. 

Ah mean.....what if de "unthinkable" happen and yuh Redeem Team get dey clock clean and doh get de GOLD.

U go be arrite bro?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
I eh know how them men making priemiership  side when they cyar handle they business aganist Haiti players and the Bermudians?

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »

I eh know how them men making priemiership  side when they cyar handle they business aganist Haiti players and the Bermudians?
great coaches can work wonders with potential and talent....jus ask yorke

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »
                                                          Team USA

Well wid no surprise to me at all, de men's basketball team won their second game. Wade is meh boi, but I must admit, de block dat James put on dat Angola player, I thought he and de ball went out de arena yes  :o. Damn dat young boi (James) so damn big and strong is unbelievable. Yuh cud see de highlights of it and other plays on nbcolympics.com (click on basketball, highlights etc). Damn ah wonder if, yuh mad, not if, is when USA win dat gold medal, what some people around here will say  8).Next game (tomorrow)Thursday at 8:oo AM.

SUPA...ah worried fuh yuh yuh know breddrin. 

Ah mean.....what if de "unthinkable" happen and yuh Redeem Team get dey clock clean and doh get de GOLD.

U go be arrite bro?  ;D

Boss man, I'm expecting gold, and nothing else but gold. I feel extremely confident about dat, we have too many weapons to turn to and team work going on, to have the "unthinkable"  :beermug:. CLICK-CLICK.   

By de way ah keep forgetting tuh big up meh boi Dinho and de rest of de Brazilian team. Dey are doing well so far, dey just destroyed China wid 3 goals. Well as far as meh support go, ah had one dissapointment so far, Adu and de rest ah de USA soccer team are out  :(.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:04:51 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 03:07:52 PM »
i feeling confident 4 some strange reason anyways.......do left footers have an advantage?

freak, IMHO, i believe they do, ah does do ah lil coaching and anytime ah bounce up ah left footed youth ah does tell dem dat dey start out with an advantage. ah does also tell dem, they just have to be ah lil skillful and dey will work magic (baby steps nah).......now ah know other more knowledge/experienced/whatever-they-might-call-deyself men might say otherwise....but i really believe dey do.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline d-hawkeye

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Keon Daniel selected for West Ham trials
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 12:15:41 AM »
Keon Daniel selected for West Ham trials
Trinidad Guardian - Friday August 15, 2008

Soca Warriors midfielder Keon Daniel could be one of the next T&T internationals to grab the opportunity of plying his trade in the English Premiership.

Following this country’s Concacaf Semifinal Round 2010 World Cup qualifier against Cuba on Wednesday in Havana, Daniel will head to West Ham United for a one-week trial.

The Tobago-born player, who once had a training stint at Manchester United, got word of West Ham’s interest from an associate of the club and after subsequent follow ups, the invitation was extended for Daniel to attend the trial.

It is understood that Daniel was spotted at the T&T versus England friendly international on June 1 in Port-of-Spain.

Daniel though will be hoping to not only impress West Ham boss Alan Curbishley during the trial but he will also be keeping his fingers crossed over a work permit application once the club decides on making him an offer.

“It’s going to be a great opportunity for me and it’s one I’m looking forward to. I’m not worried as once I get over there I will give it my best and show what I can do.

Going over before I started playing for the national team may have been a bit strange but now I’m playing regularly and I have been to England before so this time I know what to expect in terms of the conditions,” Daniel said.

1]; } ?>