April 18, 2024, 01:09:25 PM

Author Topic: Warner vows to set up meetings for sport ministry officials.  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner vows to set up meetings for sport ministry officials.
« on: August 19, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
Warner vows to set up meetings for sport ministry officials.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Special Adviser Jack Warner says he will look into making arrangements for Minister of Sport Gary Hunt to attend international seminars from which he could take the benefits back to his home country and utilize for the development of sports. Warner made this revelation as he reacted towards T&T’s 3-1 victory over El Salvador in Washington last Thursday and looked ahead to Wednesday’s World Cup qualifier against Cuba in Havana.

“I was extremely impressed with what I saw against El Salvador especially with the heart with which they played. They showed guts and had a level of ball possession which I find was commendable. They didn’t allow the crowd of 25,000 most of which were Central Americans, to distract them,” Warner said

“This is all part of the preparation program which we had put together earlier this year. It was a deliberate build up because we wanted to ensure that we would peak at the right time. I have to also laugh as well because one of the irony of our times where when the Government assisted us in 2006 we played fewer games then that we have played this time. We have not even had help from any other source or corporate except for BMobile who honoured the last part of their contract by giving us $1.5 million dollars earlier in the year. Yet we have been able to play more matches and try out so many different players,” Warner added. Warner said that he was called to a meeting by Hunt on Monday to hold discussions around “breaking the ice”  but no details have yet been revealed.

He continued : “I passed near to the Sports Ministers meeting in Beijing where there were over forty countries represented but not one Minister from the Caribbean and  in particular Trinidad and Tobago. We being such a wealthy country should have had some form of representation there. I have all the documents from the meeting which I shall make available at home. I also want to add that I will most definitely look into making the necessary arrangements for our Sports Minister or other representatives to attend similar seminars and meetings that are taking place globally as this will in turn only benefit our country in the long run,” Warner said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner vows to set up meetings for sport ministry officials.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »
What a joke!!!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:34:27 PM »
Hunt should send Warner to an "Accountability Seminar."

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 05:37:44 PM »
MY DAILY LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »
Hunt should send Warner to an "Accountability Seminar."

VB

hunt gonna send a mail back envelope for the dem to put the account audits

but most likely will send a representative because he dont forget what warner do to his public image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TyzCpSxP6E

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »
We have not even had help from any other source or corporate except for BMobile who honoured the last part of their contract by giving us $1.5 million dollars earlier in the year.

.......hhhhhmmmmm we still eh know how de last setta money got spent Jackula......whey de money gone Jack, where??....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 08:20:16 PM »
What a joke!!!!!

Lol, ent!

Like Jack only find out about de meeting when he "passed by" it  ::)

1]; } ?>