April 27, 2024, 06:05:12 AM

Author Topic: Simoes names squad for Canada  (Read 8942 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Simoes names squad for Canada
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 05:25:10 PM »
Full squad: Goalkeepers – Ricketts, Shawn Sawyers; Defenders – Marshall, Ian Goodison, Keneil Moodie, O’Brian Woodbine, Demar Stewart, Jermaine Taylor; Midfielders – Austin, Thorpe, Evan Taylor, Watson, Hue, Gardner, and Wolry Wolfe; Forwards – Deon Burton, Cummings and Williams.

I am surprised that Wolry Wolfe who currently plays for T&T's Joe Public is in your world cup team. I clearly remember RF saying that any player playing in the T&T league cannot make the JA side, wow, how time has changed...

Let me here the silly excuses by the Jamaicans flow now....
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 05:33:22 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »
Full squad: Goalkeepers – Ricketts, Shawn Sawyers; Defenders – Marshall, Ian Goodison, Keneil Moodie, O’Brian Woodbine, Demar Stewart, Jermaine Taylor; Midfielders – Austin, Thorpe, Evan Taylor, Watson, Hue, Gardner, and Wolry Wolfe; Forwards – Deon Burton, Cummings and Williams.

I am surprised that Wolry Wolfe who currently plays for T&T's Joe Public is in your world cup team. I clearly remember RF saying that any player playing in the T&T league cannot make the JA side, wow, how time has changed...

I too remember that...well, well, well :devil:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 05:33:38 PM by Flex »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 06:20:34 PM »

Ah could just see the headlines " 20 Jamaicans go to Canada for WC qualifier but only 12 return"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 07:02:29 PM »

Canada is 100% more civil to visitors than T&T and the Central American countries whom mistreat visitors.

Based on what...your personal experience of visits to TnT, Canada and Central American countries? Second hand information from your own media? Please explain how you arrived at the figure of 100%
Based on T&T's mistreatment of the Jamaica's teenage Reggae Boyz from their arrival in T&T for the CFU Youth Cup and the aftermath.
And 100% based on my visit to Canada last year.
so based on one experience you had, and another that the under 17 team had, you have come to the belief that all visitors to Trinidad are mistreated and in Canada they are not?
nah man....come better than that...think before you write!
well yes

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »

good observation Sam. I await RF reply excuse.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »

Wolry Wolfe has been playing football for Jamaica since he was about 14 years old. and Like Roen nelson, he plays a load of crap when he wears the national uniform. Go on, beat up your chest and claim another Jamaican player as your own, if that makes you feel good knock yourself out. Shelton, Burton, cummings are all way ahead of him in the pecking order by the way, he is only there to make up numbers.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 07:32:50 PM »
GO CUBA!!! Again. ;D

Why are you supporting Cuba? I thought you're Jamaican ;)

Same reason the Trini is supporting Canada.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »

Ah could just see the headlines " 20 Jamaicans go to Canada for WC qualifier but only 12 return"

Not in these modern days my friend. Jamaican footballers do well for themselves, and for the most part, most of them will end up making more money per month than the average Candian make in a month wnen they sign professional contracts. Again, you guys need to get with the times! Stop living in the past.

Tell that the to Haitians and guyanese.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 09:03:25 PM »
GO CUBA!!! Again. ;D

Same reason the Trini is supporting Canada.

I know what you're saying but jamaica2099 seems to always suport Cuba. I thought there was some sort of connection.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »

Not in these modern days my friend. Jamaican footballers do well for themselves, and for the most part, most of them will end up making more money per month than the average Candian make in a month wnen they sign professional contracts. Again, you guys need to get with the times! Stop living in the past.

Tell that the to Haitians and guyanese.

How old are you RF?
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 12:05:16 AM »
How old are you RF?

His age and IQ are identical.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 10:03:23 AM »

Wolry Wolfe has been playing football for Jamaica since he was about 14 years old. and Like Roen nelson, he plays a load of crap when he wears the national uniform. Go on, beat up your chest and claim another Jamaican player as your own, if that makes you feel good knock yourself out. Shelton, Burton, cummings are all way ahead of him in the pecking order by the way, he is only there to make up numbers.

:violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:

De point is RF, you were WRONG !!!!!!! now Wolfe a Joe Public player is on your world cup roster.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:11:47 AM by Sam »

leroy

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 11:00:46 AM »
honestly I want cuba to win, after seen how kids were mistreated in trinidad.Come on why you let
the children cry ?. Come on Jack warner , they are kids , come on trinidadians they are young.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:20:54 AM by leroy »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 11:13:04 AM »
honestly I want cuba to win, after seen how kids were mistreated in trinidad.Come on why you let
the children cry ?. Come on Jack warner , they are kids ? come on trinidadians they are young.

Go Canada >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »

:violin:  :violin:  :violin:  :violin:

De point is RF, you were WRONG !!!!!!! now Wolfe a Joe Public player is on your world cup roster.

Sam, take wolf and wrap him in the T&T flag if you want. Have him Sam.

by the way, Wolf is a PORTMORE UNITED Player...liek Roen Nelson is. they play in T&T in the Jamaica off season. bTW, why do you think Roen Nelson is not on the Jamaica squad? simply because he is currently in T&T, while wolf has been in Ja all summer.

Get your facts straight, Mr Man.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »
what dey puttin in the water in Ja?  ???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 12:34:53 PM »
Get your facts straight, Mr Man.

I clearly remember RF saying that any player playing in the T&T league cannot make the JA side

Are you saying you never expressed the sentiments that Sam posted above RF?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 01:06:37 PM »
Wolry Wolf is included in Simoes' side as a "local based" player. In fact, he is in the squad for the same reason Roen Nelson (currently back on loan in T&T) is not. I'll leave it up to you and Sam to figure it out.

Nelson, for all his goal scoring exploits, is not national material. Naturalise him if you want. :)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2008, 01:20:53 PM »
But de question have nothing to do with his ability. It have all to do with him being called while playing for a club in T&T. You said in the past if a player wants to play on the JAM side they should not go to T&T being they risk their chances.

Eman, can you pull up some of RF post so you can shut him up..... I lil busy at the monent to be arguing with a contradictive Reggae Foul....

And, why should T&T naturalise him, you guys are the naturalization kings, beside, if he cant make the JAM side what make you think he'll make the T&T side.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:25:40 PM by Sam »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
beside, if he cant make the JAM side what make you think he'll make the T&T side.

Good question.  8)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »
But de question have nothing to do with his ability. It have all to do with him being called while playing for a club in T&T. You said in the past if a player wants to play on the JAM side they should not go to T&T being they risk their chances.

Eman, can you pull up some of RF post so you can shut him up..... I lil busy at the monent to be arguing with a contradictive Reggae Foul....

And, why should T&T naturalise him, you guys are the naturalization kings, beside, if he cant make the JAM side what make you think he'll make the T&T side.

I know you are dunce, but didnt know you were this thick.

Let me ask you one question, when was the last time Wolry Wolf play a game in T&T? Here is another hint for you. Why do you think Roen Nelso is not currently in simoes plans?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2008, 07:00:50 PM »
GO CUBA!!! Again. ;D

I have a co-worker who is extending is medical lessons in Cuba. And how they treat him well.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 07:08:08 PM »

Dey let u een?  ??? :o
How geographical ignorant are you not to know that there are several ethnic groups whom migrate to or visit Canada?
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:10 PM »

Canada is 100% more civil to visitors than T&T and the Central American countries whom mistreat visitors.

Based on what...your personal experience of visits to TnT, Canada and Central American countries? Second hand information from your own media? Please explain how you arrived at the figure of 100%
Based on T&T's mistreatment of the Jamaica's teenage Reggae Boyz from their arrival in T&T for the CFU Youth Cup and the aftermath.
so based on one experience you had, and another that the under 17 team had, you have come to the belief that all visitors to Trinidad are mistreated and in Canada they are not?
nah man....come better than that...think before you write!
You chose to say "all visitors" and I chose the two encounters in one for the teenage Reggae Boyz, not as visitors but as representatives for their country for a football Championship in T&T.
That came from my "thinking cap."

jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »

I know you are dunce, but didnt know you were this thick.

Let me ask you one question, when was the last time Wolry Wolf play a game in T&T? Here is another hint for you. Why do you think Roen Nelso is not currently in simoes plans?

Wolfe currently is with joe public RF.... and played for joe public before the el salvador game nelson has a number of players ahead of him in the pecking order as jamaica is full in the striker deparment so breaking into the team would be very very hard for him....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »
You'll doh give Reggaefan and J2099 a hard time nah man.You'll aint see we might be from the same country soon.It have "Unity Talks" taking place right now to put things in place by 2013.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
Reggae Boyz held to draw by Portmore
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »
Reggae Boyz held to draw by Portmore
published: Friday | August 15, 2008

Robert Bailey, Gleaner Writer

Jamaica's Evan Taylor fends the ball away from Portmore United's Carlington Smith during their match at Brancourt yesterday. The game ended 0-0. - Peta-Gaye Clachar/Staff Photographer

JAMAICA'S REGGAE Boyz were held to an exciting 0-0 draw by National Premier League champions Portmore United at Brancourt in Clarendon yesterday.

Despite the ordinary result, national technical director Rene Simoes said he was pleased with his team's efforts.

"I am satisfied with this performance because we are not preparing the team to play this game," said Simoes. "We are preparing them for the game against Canada and we have to give everyone an extensive practice," he said.

Blood test

"They also did a blood test in the morning and so the team wasn't light, as it was against Waterhouse," Simoes said.

The Reggae Boyz defeated Waterhouse 5-1 on Monday.

Simoes added that the main aim of the camp was to make the players learn how to be patient in their approach to the game.

"Jamaica has to learn how to be patient and how to mark, and this was the objective of this camp," he said.

"I think we have a good mix between the local players and the overseas players. I am very confident in them," Simoes said.

Portmore United dominated the match from the opening whistle and created a number of clear-cut chances in the first period.

However, poor finishing from the likes of Carlington Smith, Steven Morrissey and Omar Campbell let them down.

Shot went wide

Ricardo Cousins should have given the Reggae Boyz the lead on the stroke of half-time but, with custodian Dwayne Carr at his mercy, his shot went wide of the target.

Five minutes into the second period, Morrissey received a perfect through pass from Stewart but also shot wide of the target.

Portmore United outplayed the Reggae Boyz for the remainder of the match but they weren't able to capitalise on their chances.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »
Palos, yuh hit dem for six every time....dey too many to quote.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »
I will be at the game. should be a doozer. btw RF Marshall won't be playin as he is injured
every man has the right to an opinion but that does not give him the right to be a jackass

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »

The official press release states the players, but not their clubs. 

Can someone fill in the many blanks please............

1]; } ?>