April 25, 2024, 11:04:20 PM

Author Topic: The Official Richard "Torpedo" Thompson Thread  (Read 54891 times)

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
The Official Richard "Torpedo" Thompson Thread
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
Is a football forum so sue meh....congrats on the Silver in the 100m...Richard Thompson in 9.89...big up Tnt
well yes

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats Richard
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »
Big up Richard Thompson,   !!!

I see the guy throwing shit up into the air after the race and had me wondering where the hell did thompson get shit to throw into the air
right after the race.

Bolt is just a Beast hands down. Nuff props to him and jamaica , Nice Gold in fact i think we owe him his wind drag alone probably pull thompson to silver!!!!

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 09:34:39 AM »
Big up Richard Thompson,   !!!

I see the guy throwing shit up into the air after the race and had me wondering where the hell did thompson get shit to throw into the air
right after the race.

Bolt is just a Beast hands down. Nuff props to him and jamaica , Nice Gold in fact i think we owe him his wind drag alone probably pull thompson to silver!!!!

that was the sticker (number) that he had on his chest that he ripped off and pelt up in the sir.

Well done RT!
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »
Torpedo Thompson!!!!!!!!!!    We on the medal table count. I am satisfied.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 10:31:21 AM »
well done borse!
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM »

thanks for starting this thread....all on the track and field board, one setta thing about Bolt, not one thread CONGRATULATING Richard Thompson for a brilliant silver medal on the fastest 100m final EVER!

I hope he gets his national parade and national medal, he has done TnT Proud!!

Who say gold for the 4x100 ?
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »
True

Heartiest congrats to Thompson  :beermug: :beermug:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 10:50:02 AM »
Congrats !!!
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »
Of course d airport scene iz a must we boi Hunt was on tv immediately after d race so Piarco we comin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »
Congarts to RT  :beermug:..now build on this momentum for next year world championships..

and some geniuses in here was saying that you cant medal cause Gay will take bronze, then after you beat Gay they said the best you can get is bronze cause this competition is bout BOLT vS POWELL...now dem same jackarses want to congratualte you for earning silver....keep shutting people up!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 11:13:20 AM by Sando prince »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 11:14:28 AM »

thanks for starting this thread....all on the track and field board, one setta thing about Bolt, not one thread CONGRATULATING Richard Thompson for a brilliant silver medal on the fastest 100m final EVER!

i say it. with or without brown. hopefully is with.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »
Girl me ain't know nah wid dat Gold talk for Relay. Silver yes, but Gold uhmm :-\

Other dan Brown, who else it have in he place, just incase dey MRI come back bad ?
and did Mister Burns pull up wid some ailment to place 7th or was it just a bad race on dey whole for he ?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »
cana, burns jus look like he didn't have too good a start out of d blocks. he eh look like he pul up wid any injury. IMHO. honestly, d alternates in d relay team eh nuttin to scream about, but it have one ( ah cah recall d name at present) who was in d team when we broke d old nationaal record las year, he mite be d best replacement (if needed). we crossin we fingers. hopefully it doh have to come dong to dat.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 11:42:46 AM »
Great race Richard
Thanks man
also thanks to Marc
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 11:42:58 AM »
Maximum big up to RT and congrats to Burnsy who again made the final unlucky on his placing tho them fellas seem on the right track ah waiting for ATO I know he losing he mind right now with his prodigy taking the silver medal...lol Big up to ATO too

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 11:44:35 AM »
well done richard, now on to the relay, bledman could do a decent job if brown cant run and we could still challenge for silver.  Gold may be out of reach for two reasons 1) no brown 2) Bolt

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 12:05:08 PM »
Congrats to Richard.Certainingly make all Trinis happy today.he being a QRC boy makes it even more special for me.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »
well done richard, now on to the relay, bledman could do a decent job if brown cant run and we could still challenge for silver.  Gold may be out of reach for two reasons 1) no brown 2) Bolt

You think Bolt running four legs in a relay race?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 12:37:29 PM by Sando prince »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 12:40:21 PM »

Yo think Bolt running four legs in a relay race?

of course not but when yuh have an anchor like bolt it hard for our first 3 runners (injured brown or half way decent bledman, burns and half way okay armstrong to give us a lead prior to bolt running versus richard..so doh make yuhself a fool.  The funny thng about a relay is anything can happen ,men cabn drop the baton, run out of lane, bad passing but all things equal, jamaica is the team to beat. whether you are a trini, american, yardie or alaskan, anybody with sense and who is realistic will not bet against the yardies right now.  Bolt is capable of running a blasted 9.3 split in a relay or even better.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »

of course not but when yuh have an anchor like bolt it hard for our first 3 runners (injured brown or half way decent bledman, burns and half way okay armstrong to give us a lead prior to bolt running versus richard..so doh make yuhself a fool.  The funny thng about a relay is anything can happen ,men cabn drop the baton, run out of lane, bad passing but all things equal, jamaica is the team to beat. whether you are a trini, american, yardie or alaskan, anybody with sense and who is realistic will not bet against the yardies right now.  Bolt is capable of running a blasted 9.3 split in a relay or even better.

You didnt say anything bout baton dropping or who faster than who..all u said was Bolt...so it was read as if Bolt alone can beat our relay team

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

2 hours ago: Trinidad's Richard Thompson reacts after winning the silver medal in the men's 100-meter final during the athletics competitions in the National Stadium at the Beijing 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008.

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »

You didnt say anything bout baton dropping or who faster than who..all u said was Bolt...so it was read as if Bolt alone can beat our relay team

i understand yuh point..my comment was based on all things being equal or held constant (ceteris paribus)..doh get mih wrong with a 'fit" brown we could challenge for gold but right now I can see anybody catching bolt or keeping up with bolt if even at the start of the anchor leg.  To win you will need a hell of a lead prior to Bolt receiving the baton and I will still put my money on bolt.  Right now we witnessing greatness from Bolt.  Phelps is remarkble but bolt is great as well.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2008, 12:56:01 PM »

2 hours ago: Trinidad's Richard Thompson reacts after winning the silver medal in the men's 100-meter final during the athletics competitions in the National Stadium at the Beijing 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008.

]

BOI RICHARD DISPLAY DAT RED, WHITE AND BLACK  PROUDLY...WHO ENT KNOW BOUT WE, WILL KNOW NOW!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 01:13:42 PM by Sando prince »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 12:56:51 PM »
we flag still looking better ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »

if only we could behave like dis during football ;D

according to Martin Luther...."i have a dream"
ooops dey scotch now reach meh brain :P

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »
  CONGRATS THOMPSON!!!  ....and he's cute too.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 02:19:33 PM »

Jamaica taking that!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
I ent losing no mind at all cuz I told him this in April, including him breaking 9.86 which he surprisingly didn't - and everything I have told him, he has believed, and followed, and trusted - right up until last night when we spoke and I told him "*(&^ BOLT focus on your race and don't throw away an olympic medal cuz u are in awe of Bolt....."

Congrats to mih boy yes this feels better than winning it myself because it only confirms what I have known for years - I not studying who feel they know what I know in this track game.  All I interested in is results......all that other stupidness is of no consequence to be honest. Opinion this and who say and who think and who do what 10000 years ago - in a different era.  You saw 9.6 tonight....this is a new day, and old thinking dead.

MONEY talks, BS runs that long arse marathon....I fed up try to talk to those who feel like I don't know what I am doing....whatever.....do you, and watch what happens on this end....oh BTW, where all those who thought that move to anchor was such a bad move? Where are you? Uh huh, thought so.  Three 100m medals in the last 4 olympics.  Accidents happening often!

We about d money as in it SURE, and Richard Thompson is "money" - is my job to keep him that way.  Yuh ent see nuttin yet.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »
have to reserve some big congrats to Ato too.

Can't overlook his hard work, belief and input in Thompson's rapid and unprecedented success and must be quite something to see it pay off. Really hope yuh continue to play a big part in our athletic program for years to come. And see if yuh could take Brown out of Powell and dem camp.

Now lets see.. ah whole 3 more hours to wait until NBC finally comes around to giving us televised coverage of the race to see if some 'code switching' take place.  :waiting:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2008, 02:56:51 PM »
Words cannot describe how I feel right now, this is just a dream come true for me," Thompson told BBC Sport.

"I have to tip my hat to Usain Bolt, he's a great competitor, a phenomenal athlete, and there was no way anyone was going to beat him with a run like that.

"But it just feels good to come in here, run in the Olympic Games, my first Olympic Games, and win a silver medal and run a personal best at the same time. I couldn't ask for anything more, thank God."

Well done Richard!  :beermug:

1]; } ?>