April 25, 2024, 11:36:19 PM

Author Topic: The Official Richard "Torpedo" Thompson Thread  (Read 54892 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats Richard
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »
Ato keep doing the good job yuh doing with Thompson  :beermug:..and hopefully we see more of our athletes rise to the occasion in the near future...Imagine a young trinbagonian athlete having Ato Boldon (their national hero) as their coach..Dat alone could motivate them!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
ato, maybe u could verify.thompson runnin d 200? ah read on dis board how he not runnin it but george henry an joel villafana on tv6 dis mornin said he is. wat is d truth?

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »
Nah I am not his coach and credit to his coach BTW who has been bad talked but has D E L I V E R E D!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »
Hey Ato, do you have some idea of what the format for the 4 x 100m team is gonna be? Do you think they should risk putting in Brown, evn if his MRI and stuff is clear.

I must say, I hadn't heard of Richard Thompson until you posted those pics from the NCAA games on facebook. But on watching him in the quarters, I told everyone he'd get silver. Yeah, I got some good stick and ole talk, got into it with my jamaican friends here...lol But I see I was right. Wish I had bet money on it!

But how is he in the 200m? Which would you say was his favoured race, the 100m or 200m?
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 03:25:35 PM »
No 200....men better MAN UP and get this relay medal....that is all I have to say.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
BIG UP!!!! to Richy rich he did himself and us proud aswell that's all i cud ask for. Ato i kno 2 trus yuh from since yuh make the assumption bout Marion Jones(i stil like she) and it came true. I hope i not spoiling anyting btw! But i trust yuh 4 definite this time and yuh come tru so wwell done ato for whatever yuh say to him and CONGRATS to Richard.   

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »
No 200....men better MAN UP and get this relay medal....that is all I have to say.

Ato question... would putting renne quow in the back stretch be a bad idea his 200 meter time is better than burns put burns to lead off  quow aron  and thompson
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
BIG BIG congratulations to Richard Thompson.
This final did not disappoint!

Ah was real proud to see two T&T flags in the lane assignments.
Congrats to Marc Burns too on a great run, makin the final is no easy feat.
Fellas keep up the good work.
Hopefully in London we will have three Trinis in the final. :)

Today was a good day.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
Any new news on Darren Brown as yet ???

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
I ent losing no mind at all cuz I told him this in April, including him breaking 9.86 which he surprisingly didn't - and everything I have told him, he has believed, and followed, and trusted - right up until last night when we spoke and I told him "*(&^ BOLT focus on your race and don't throw away an olympic medal cuz u are in awe of Bolt....."

Congrats to mih boy yes this feels better than winning it myself because it only confirms what I have known for years - I not studying who feel they know what I know in this track game.  All I interested in is results......all that other stupidness is of no consequence to be honest. Opinion this and who say and who think and who do what 10000 years ago - in a different era.  You saw 9.6 tonight....this is a new day, and old thinking dead.

MONEY talks, BS runs that long arse marathon....I fed up try to talk to those who feel like I don't know what I am doing....whatever.....do you, and watch what happens on this end....oh BTW, where all those who thought that move to anchor was such a bad move? Where are you? Uh huh, thought so.  Three 100m medals in the last 4 olympics.  Accidents happening often!

We about d money as in it SURE, and Richard Thompson is "money" - is my job to keep him that way.  Yuh ent see nuttin yet.

Good talk dat.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »
congrats to richard thompson!! :applause: :party: :applause: :party: :applause: :party: :applause: :party:

what i liked was you could see how focussed he was. this 4x100 gorn be something to watch.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 06:07:17 PM »
Congrat Thompson and Ato for keeping the track youth focus and guided

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 07:03:58 PM »

Ato question... would putting renne quow in the back stretch be a bad idea his 200 meter time is better than burns put burns to lead off  quow aron  and thompson

Quow cant run de 100 plus burns is not a good starter, you trying to cook up ah recipe for disaster.. ;D. I sure ato have a plan in case brown don't run but I feel brown real issues is more mental than physical.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:01:33 AM by Nightmare »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »
Ato yuh need to get Brown and Kelly Ann Baptiste under your fold too.
Two of them promising longer than Thomo and they ain't deliver.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
Congratulations to RT!  What a great run.  And Ato, you are a great analyst, you know track and you deserve all the credit.  Now I hope that Brown, Burns and Quow listen to one of the brightest knowledgeable track and field gurus who just happens to be a Trini.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
To be honest before the Olympics started I saw this Richard Thompson guy being interviewed on TV some night and to be honest mih eh pay that much mind cuz I didn't have no idea who he was.....well lucky for me they replay that interview tonight and people.....I know a lot could happen on race day BUT today belonged to Richard....dat boy was getting a medal, it was in the stars....

He is a focused fellow....he did say that nobody knew about him because he did not do the local circuit like the others (Brown, Burns Kelly-Ann Baptiste).  So much so, that when he applied to 5 Universities, four turned him down/offered him partial scholarships (he'd have to find tuition) because they did not know him.....LSU took a chance on him after reviewing DVD's of him and saw the potential....well I tell you....BIG UP LSU!!...
He also said that he was ranked 3rd in the world behind Bolt and Tyson Gay.... :o I honestly didn't know that...

Anywho, Congrats again Richard....after watching you tonight being interviewed, I've been reminded that there are youths out there who really got their heads screwed on right and that you are blessed to have parents who have guided you to this point....

As an aside, for our youths to make it to the next level they seem to almost always have to leave the country.....we need to develop our sport so that the ones that can't afford to leave these shores could still make it to an Olympics....imagine how many more Bovell's and Boldon's and Thompson's there are out there, but don't have the resources to develop.....e.g. since the 2004 Olympics we STILL don't have an Olympic sized swimmng pool!!...if we do have one now, I stand corrected but I heard that the Gov't was going to build one....but what happened??...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2008, 09:04:57 PM »
I would love to have everyone, but some people have to learn the hard way.  I dont think is my way or failure, but let's just say if I was the next Lara I might want to have Lara in my corner.  Take that anyhow u want.

In 5 years when Rich has done everything I said he would maybe some will figure it out. It will be much too late for some by then, and that saddens me....those who were so concerned about being in my shadow have seen in RT now that I am content to give him the full spotlight and help him to do more than I ever did.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:21:49 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2008, 09:11:14 PM »
DB and MB done spoil 2 late 4 dem we have 2 hope 4 d best but Ato spend yuh energy on RT and any more dat it have like he
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 01:12:16 AM »
study dem two men that won... both of them more of the skinny than buff type in terms of runners...

never imagined after the last olympics that two men that are seemingly cleaner than the rest would win in such an emphatic manor.

just finish talkin to monique cabral on facebook, her and richard seem like they in wonderland, i think the praise must be flowin in from every angel.

hopefully they both do well in their respective relays.

funny... i remember back in the day me and monique doin neighborhood sports day races together... i remember cuttin her ass in dem as a kid too...  :P hahaha

how embarrassing would it be to try and test her now.

well, like a bullet with butterfly wings im sure her killer looks will only be surpassed by her running ability.

go get em you two.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:19:02 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2008, 01:25:50 AM »

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:38:39 AM by sinned86 »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2008, 03:06:13 AM »
I would love to have everyone, but some people have to learn the hard way.  I dont think is my way or failure, but let's just say if I was the next Lara I might want to have Lara in my corner.  Take that anyhow u want.

In 5 years when Rich has done everything I said he would maybe some will figure it out. It will be much too late for some by then, and that saddens me....those who were so concerned about being in my shadow have seen in RT now that I am content to give him the full spotlight and help him to do more than I ever did.

Concentrate on the Youngsters.

Get the Fla ting rolling man.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2008, 08:33:46 AM »
congrats to this youthman. i saw him win a race on tv earlier this year and i was shocked when he opened his mouth and i hear the trini accent.  he was very eloquent and extremely grounded also which made me proud.    keep doing your thing richard.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2008, 10:13:25 AM »
My friend in New York ..hearing bout this for days now and just get a chance to see the race....shame on nbc!...Aye allyuh see dat man name Thompson in the RWB..he is the next big sport superstar coming out of T&T...I say so

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:23 AM »

stop taking shots i can tell you are dissappointed in some
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »
All Pics Courtsey of facebook

The look on bolt face here is jus priceless

Video

http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=27034781105
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:53:22 AM by trinindian »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
Post race interview with Asafa and Richard. He's Ato' prodigy in more ways than one. De english flowing ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6RLbd9Olo&feature=user
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2008, 04:45:59 PM »
Post race interview with Asafa and Richard. He's Ato' prodigy in more ways than one. De english flowing ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6RLbd9Olo&feature=user

Thanx for posting dis  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2008, 04:59:20 PM »
Aviator... thanks fuh de link dred, you's ah real diehard track and field man, ah could tell yuh appreciating this win  ;D

... doh mind too much if ah share it  :beermug:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »
200 and 400 HEATS coming up at 8:30 pm tonight.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »
200 and 400 HEATS coming up at 8:30 pm tonight.

Nice... God-willing one of these 8 channels (for those with DirecTV) will air it.

1]; } ?>