March 28, 2024, 01:14:17 PM

Author Topic: The Official Richard "Torpedo" Thompson Thread  (Read 54575 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats Richard
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 01:11:40 AM »
Doh assume I taking any shots. You ever know me to veil anything I want to say?
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 10:47:44 AM »
dis kinda unrelated... but wasn't sure where else to ask it.

Any word on if this is true how Crawfie get treated?

HASELY CRAWFORD...badly treated

Trinidad and Tobago’s only Olympic gold medalist, Hasely Crawford, was not treated as royalty since his arrival in China for the premier athletic event in the world.

So shabby was the treatment, it took the generosity of friends and associates to come to Crawford’s rescue and ensure he was housed in a comfortable hotel.

Despite the gloom of his trip, Crawford was able to witness on Saturday (his 58th birthday), a record-breaking run from T&T’s Richard Thompson to snatch the silver medal in the 100-metre dash at the Bird Nest Stadium.

The race was won by Jamaican Usain Bolt in a new world record time of 9.69 seconds. This was the closest T&T came to getting its second gold medal. The previous best was also a silver medal from Ato Boldon at the Sydney Olympics in the 100 metres in 2000.

In July, the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) announced Crawford’s selection in the T&T squad as Olympic Ambassador.

Crawford, who works at the National Gas Company (NGC), has gone with the T&T teams in the past, as Chef de Mission and Ambassador.

But as time drew closer, the TTOC realised that it had already used up its quota of accreditation, so Crawford’s name had to be deleted. But he was still accredited, but as a member of the St Vincent and the Grenadines team.

Crawford, who won the gold medal at the 1976 Montreal Olympics, arrived in Beijing, only to find out that there was no one to meet him. He went to a hotel booked for him, but no one saw him. It was only on Saturday that fans realised that the Olympic champion was not seen.

When officials checked on him, Crawford was found staying in a small room, with very small bathroom and other facilities and he was by himself, and under the weather.

Crawford was eventually moved to a more spacious hotel, closer to the Bird Nest Stadium, by friends and associates who are here in China for the Olympic Games.

They could not believe the treatment meted out to the only T&T gold medalist. They paid the money for Crawford to be relocated and they have been promised a reimbursement.

The T&T Guardian learnt that the TTOC did not have the funding to change hotels as the premier hotels in Beijing were lapped up long ago.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
it not true bakes, he was on cnc sayin is not true, he doh know where d media gettin d news
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 03:06:04 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
D Guardian cyah cover athletes dat bein treated badly aka d blacklist but dey talkin bout Crawford being treated badly.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »
it not true bakes, he was on cnc sayin is not true, he doh know where d media gettin d news

Thanks  :beermug:

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
anil roberts was on his show Spalk las nite cussin d hell outta ah d TTOC for allegedly placing hasely crawford in some small, rat infested hotel room. he cuss an carry on in he usual way. maybe he know someting we, an hasely himself doh know.  ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2008, 06:19:31 PM »
Y I eh surprise he was in d mix and now dat HC say is a lie from d bit of hell I eh go hold meh breath waitin on d apology. D man is a menace and d longer Gayelle have he on d station dey loosin credibility by d second
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »
Y I eh surprise he was in d mix and now dat HC say is a lie from d bit of hell I eh go hold meh breath waitin on d apology. D man is a menace and d longer Gayelle have he on d station dey loosin credibility by d second

well girl, he on again rite now quarrelin an raisin he pressure.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The Official Richard "Torpedo" Thompson Thread
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »
Check this link, shows the man behind the run a bit ... Runs for LSU

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X4axEBQczuI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X4axEBQczuI</a>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:55:34 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Thompson interview (after the NCAA championship)
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »
Ah see dat long time now...I know bout Thompson since last year..still thanks for putting it here.. :beermug:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »

well girl, he on again rite now quarrelin an raisin he pressure.

Anil Roberts is rel jones yes  :devil:

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2008, 12:53:50 AM »
well done richard... original QRC man.. bless up

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
Hopefully this reporter was  concentrating on he script writing and didn't fully understand what dey minister was saying eh. Cause i wasn't aware dat ya hadda get 2 medals to get ah prize from dey government...ent Hasley get 1medal and bam ah stadium?

BY KYLE JEREMIAH
Trinidad Guardian

An “appropriate” reward for T&T Olympic silver-medalist Richard Thompson would be considered by Government, pending the outcome of today’s Olympic Games 4 x 100 metres final in Beijing, China, Sport Minister Gary Hunt says.

Speaking at yesterday’s post-Cabinet media briefing at the National Library in Port-of-Spain yesterday, Hunt said: “I would also like to inform the public that the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs is to submit to Cabinet for consideration an appropriate reward for our athlete Richard Thompson.

“We still have to wait—tomorrow (today) is the 4 x 100 final. So we will await the result of that before we bring something to cabinet for consideration.”

Hunt’s announcement came almost a week after Thompson produced a personal best time of 9.89 seconds and copped the silver medal in the 100 metres final.

Asked what type of reward Thompson would receive and whether it would be a precursor to what any future reward policy would be, Hunt said his Ministry had to “look at what was done in the past.”

Hunt said, “I have before me the policy. It has to be deliberated with the stakeholders a bit more. I can tell you it’s occupying a lot of time and consideration and as soon as we have that information available we will release it.”

It was only in 2004 that George Bovell III—bronze medalist at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece—received the Chaconia Medal (gold) for his Olympic achievement.

Bovell failed, however, to produce any medals at this year’s Olympics.

Hunt also assured that Government was taking note of Jamaica’s success at the Olympics.

“Clearly they are demonstrating to the world that they are doing something right and we can learn from our neighbors.

“We intend to collaborate on this matter closely,” Hunt said.

The Minister added that Government had not yet made a formal gesture to Jamaica regarding any possible collaboration, but had been “in the wings” watching what Jamaica was doing.

“Clearly there is a strength in their school programmes that we need to look at closely and see how we can adapt that for T&T.

“But we will be coming out with a master plan for 2016 with 2012 being a milestone,” Hunt said.

Regarding the Caribbean Games which was scheduled to take place in T&T next year, Hunt said the country would be divided into zones where national competitions would be held. He said they would culminate in the T&T games which he hoped would have Grande prix status.

Hunt said an announcement would be made on the completion on phase one of the Tarouba Complex—the Brian Lara stadium—and that the Ministry was actively pursuing the completion of the facility.

truetrini

So where will Richard be ranked in 2011
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »
One sub ten and that was with illegal winds

He has to deal with the following men:

Tyson Gay
Usain Bolt
Asafa Powell
Mike Frater
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Darrel Brown
Ryan Bailey
Mario Forsymthe
Christophe Lemaître   
Daniel Bailey 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:00:07 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: So where will Richard be ranked in 2011
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2010, 09:37:27 AM »

Tyson Gay
Usain Bolt
Asafa Powell
Mike Frater
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Darrel Brown
Ryan Bailey
Mario Forsymthe
Christophe Lemaître   
Daniel Bailey 

Your missing a few key guys Trinity:

Nesta Carter
Keston Bledman
Ivory Williams
Marc Burns?
Churandy Martina
Rae Edwards
Trell Kimmons
Dwayne Chambers
Justin Gatlin?

If everyone listed here is in form and injury free, next years finals could be one of the best. If Sorrillo turns pro he could be on that list as well.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »
Top 5.

And I can't wait to see the return of DB.
whey boy!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »
Top 5.

he still alive?
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Top 5.

he still alive?

If breathing means alive then yes.
Top 5.

All yuh have more guts than a callabash.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »
He is still one of the current Top 10 sprinters in the world today despite a poor 2010 season

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »
Hmmmm.......I say

1.) Tyson Gay
2.) Usain Bolt
3.) Asafa Powell
4.) Nesta carter
5.) Yohan Blake
6.) Christophe Lemaitre
7.) Richard Thompson
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
That looks about right. But how about:

1st tier
Usain Bolt
Tyson Gay
Asafa Powell
Nesta Carter

2nd tier
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Richard Thompson
Christophe Lemaitre

3rd tier
Ryan Bailey
Daniel Bailey
Keston Bledman
Michael Frater
Churandy Martina
Rae Edwards
Trell Kimmons
Marc Burns

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »

1st tier
Usain Bolt
Tyson Gay
Asafa Powell
Nesta Carter

2nd tier
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Richard Thompson
Christophe Lemaitre

3rd tier
Ryan Bailey
Daniel Bailey
Keston Bledman
Michael Frater
Churandy Martina
Rae Edwards
Trell Kimmons
Marc Burns

We need to define 1st tier, 2nd tier & 3rd tier in terms of average times they are capable of once fit:

I would define the different tiers as these:-

1st tier: Capable of 9.7x or less: Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell, Nesta Carter, Darrel Brown ;D

2nd tier: Capable of 9.8x or less: Walter Dix, Yohan Blake, Richard Thompson

3rd tier: Capable of 9.9x or less: Christophe Lemaitre, Ryan Bailey, Daniel Bailey, Michael Frater, Keston Bledman, Dwayne Chambers, Churandy Martina, Rae Edwards, Trell Kimmons, Marc Burns

4th tier: Capabale of 10.1x or less: Mark Lewis-Francis, Rondell Sorrillo & most other world class athletes unless they run PB's!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:06:15 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »

Tyson Gay
Usain Bolt
Asafa Powell
Mike Frater
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Darrel Brown
Ryan Bailey
Mario Forsymthe
Christophe Lemaître   
Daniel Bailey 

What illegal winds? Did RT fart while running that sub 10 or something?
No wonder the other athletes couldn't live with him!!  ;D

And btw DB is my facebook friend and has promised he will silence all you doubters!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:45:57 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
He is a dead horse...he cyar run sub 11 now.  And you must be mad he is capable of a 9.7x time?  based on what?  a Wii race?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »

1st tier
Usain Bolt
Tyson Gay
Asafa Powell
Nesta Carter

2nd tier
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Richard Thompson
Christophe Lemaitre

3rd tier
Ryan Bailey
Daniel Bailey
Keston Bledman
Michael Frater
Churandy Martina
Rae Edwards
Trell Kimmons
Marc Burns

We need to define 1st tier, 2nd tier & 3rd tier in terms of average times they are capable of once fit:

1st tier: Capable of 9.7x or less: Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell, Nesta Carter, Darrel Brown

3rd tier: Capable of 9.9x or less: Christophe Lemaitre, Ryan Bailey, Daniel Bailey, Michael Frater, Keston Bledman, Dwayne Chambers, Churandy Martina, Rae Edwards, Trell Kimmons, Marc Burns

4th tier: Capabale of 10.1x or less: Mark Lewis-Francis, Rondell Sorrillo & most other world class athletes unless they run PB's!

Socapro, my list is based on this year's performances. Not based on capabilities. I see why you put DB on that list. He indeed has the potential to be sub 9.9s. And I think if he gets a healthy season he will do that. But right now we can only go by what occurred this season.

I heard that he is hungry to come back as well and other sprinters who know him and are occasionally around him have acknowledged that he is far from over. So I am waiting for next season to see what he has in store.

And Trinity..... Lets not turn this into a bashing session. Remember this is your thread, so lets stay on point!

truetrini

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
man hush  how many sub 10's Browne has to justify that shit talk?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »

1st tier
Usain Bolt
Tyson Gay
Asafa Powell
Nesta Carter

2nd tier
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Richard Thompson
Christophe Lemaitre

3rd tier
Ryan Bailey
Daniel Bailey
Keston Bledman
Michael Frater
Churandy Martina
Rae Edwards
Trell Kimmons
Marc Burns

1st tier: Capable of 9.7x or less: Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell, Nesta Carter, Darrel Brown  ;D

Socapro, my list is based on this year's performances. Not based on capabilities. I see why you put DB on that list. He indeed has the potential to be sub 9.9s. And I think if he gets a healthy season he will do that. But right now we can only go by what occurred this season.

I heard that he is hungry to come back as well and other sprinters who know him and are occasionally around him have acknowledged that he is far from over. So I am waiting for next season to see what he has in store.

And Trinity..... Lets not turn this into a bashing session. Remember this is your thread, so lets stay on point!
Sorry for misleading you gawd, I forgot to put a smiley next to DB's name!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »

1st tier
Usain Bolt
Tyson Gay
Asafa Powell
Nesta Carter

2nd tier
Walter Dix
Yohan Blake
Richard Thompson
Christophe Lemaitre

3rd tier
Ryan Bailey
Daniel Bailey
Keston Bledman
Michael Frater
Churandy Martina
Rae Edwards
Trell Kimmons
Marc Burns

1st tier: Capable of 9.7x or less: Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell, Nesta Carter, Darrel Brown  ;D

Sorry for misleading you gawd, I forgot to put a smiley next to DB's name!

Oh ok. No worries

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »
And btw DB is my facebook friend and has promised he will silence all you doubters!  ;)

and that go make us feel better right ?  ::)
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>