April 28, 2024, 09:55:55 AM

Author Topic: Ince set to become Blackburn boss  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ince set to become Blackburn boss
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:17:49 AM »
Ince set to become Blackburn boss

Paul Ince is set to be named as the new manager of Blackburn Rovers, according to BBC Radio 5 Live.

The MK Dons boss is Rovers' number one target following Mark Hughes' departure, despite Sam Allardyce being interviewed for the role.

Former England and Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren has also been linked with a move to Ewood Park.

Rovers chairman John Williams says he expects an announcement to be made over the next few days.

"We are now down to a small short-list," Williams told BBC Radio Lancashire. "I am delighted with how the process is going and we hope to make a decision by the weekend.

"We have steadily gone about our business in the proper manner but we have not yet made an offer to anyone at this stage."

BBC Radio 5 Live reporter Juliette Ferrington said: "The former England captain has always been a target of Blackburn and the MK Dons are expecting the situation to be resolved in the next few days.

"That would tie in with the bookies who, in the last 24 hours, have made Ince firm favourite to succeed Hughes.
   606: DEBATE

Langdaleblue

"Sam Allardyce has also been interviewed for the job but I understand he is likely to miss out in favour of Ince."

Six candidates have been interviewed to succeed Hughes, who left Rovers for Manchester City on 5 June, with Ince, McClaren and former Bolton and Newcastle manager Allardyce regarded as the leading candidates.

McClaren has been out of work since he was sacked by England in November after they failed to qualify for Euro 2008 and he told Radio 5 Live on 7 June that he would be interested in the Blackburn job.

Ince has had an impressive season with MK Dons after moving from Macclesfield in June last year.

The 40-year-old former West Ham, Manchester United, Inter Milan and Liverpool midfielder led MK Dons to the League Two title as well as the Football League Trophy in his first season with the club.

His achievements attracted the interest of Leicester City, who made an official approach to the MK Dons for Ince's services earlier this month.

Blackburn would need special dispensation to appoint Ince as he does not yet have the Uefa Pro Licence coaching qualification.

Uefa and Premier League rules require anyone wishing to manage in the top flight to hold the Uefa Pro Licence, which requires 240 hours of study and usually takes a year to gain.

The Premier League could block his appointment, although Gareth Southgate got the green light to manage Middlesbrough two years ago without being licensed.

And League Managers' Association chief executive Richard Bevan insists he will not lobby against Ince's appointment.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7463294.stm

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ince set to become Blackburn boss
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:47:25 AM »
saw a rumor somewhere that Ten Cate was up for the job also
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:49:40 AM »
Dah headline ketch meh yes.

I tort dat was de reason why Clayton get drop fuh de return leg against Bermuda.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »

I tort dat was de reason why Clayton get drop fuh de return leg against Bermuda.

That woulda be something!  I wonder what odds the bookies woulda give on that?? :rotfl:
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 09:02:49 AM »
You sure Ince get drop?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »
Wish him all d luck
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
First black manager in the EPL...big move should it happen  :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 10:30:46 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 10:10:31 AM »
won't be the first black manager.

Tigana coached Fulham before this.

but hopefully opens some doors for other aspiring black managers.

Yorke anyone ???

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »
doh forget bout gullit.

yet another one of fergie man u alumni managing an EPL team. that go make 4 next season i think.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
We went through this before.

He will be the first black English manager, that is why it is so significant.

doh forget bout gullit.

yet another one of fergie man u alumni managing an EPL team. that go make 4 next season i think.

He had 4 last year too with Mc Liesh at Brum.

I remember counting 5 a couple seasons ago (including McClaren) when Robson was at West Brom and his son (another former United player) just win promotion with Peterborough.

The list of former players under him who are now managers is real long.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »
won't be the first black manager.

Tigana coached Fulham before this.

but hopefully opens some doors for other aspiring black managers.

Yorke anyone ???

Correct.

First black English manager as JDB says.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
Does Paul have WI parents? If so, where?

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 08:43:03 AM »

Ince's parents are from Trinidad, according to wikipedia...

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Paul Ince is the new manager of Blackburn Rovers
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 03:42:46 PM »

From SkySports.com

Paul Ince has been named as the new manager of Blackburn Rovers and has signed a three-year contract at Ewood Park. 

Blackburn began their search for a new boss earlier this month when Mark Hughes left to take over at Manchester City.  Sky Sports News revealed on Wednesday evening that Ince had emerged as the front-runner for chairman John Williams.  Former England coach Steve McClaren and ex-Bolton and Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce were both interviewed for the post, while Michael Laudrup was a shock late contender.

First choice

Once it became clear Ince was Blackburn's first choice, McClaren accepted a role with Eredivisie side FC Twente and Allardyce withdrew from the running.
Former England midfielder Ince leaves MK Dons to take over in the North West having guided his former club to the League Two title and lifting the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in his first season in charge.  The former West Ham, Manchester United, Liverpool and Internazionale player is in only his third season as a manager having started out with Macclesfield in the 2006/07 season.   He does not yet possess the necessary Uefa Pro Licence required to manage in the Premier League, and Rovers will be hoping they are granted dispensation for him to earn the qualification while in the role.
Ince, who becomes the first black British manager in the Premier League, will be presented to the media at a press conference at midday on Tuesday.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »

His father is from trinidad.

Not all such stories have a happy ending. The father of the footballer Paul Ince, who lost touch with his son when Ince was a child, was not welcomed back. "His friends have poisoned his mind against me and now he tells people he doesn't have a father," he complained

Focus: When you discover the parent you never knew/Publication title: The Independent. London (UK): Jul 19, 1998.  pg. 21
[/color]

Does he have any contact with his father today? “The first time I saw him was when he decided to jump out at the press conference when I joined Man United from West Ham,” he says. “He had arranged it with the press, which I wasn’t best pleased with, so it wasn’t the nicest thing in the world. It was the first time I had seen him since, well, the age of 2. I don’t have any contact with him now.

I was in a gang from 13 to 17. We would go to a nightclub for a fight . . .
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article3090359.ece

His mother is Bajan and is related to Nigel Benn via that side, he was raised by his aunt (bajan)

http://www.thefa.com/england/seniorteam/archive/?i=4653&pf=p&searchname=Ince&ap=p
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:08:33 PM by Carib-Briton »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:37:26 AM »
Heard a report suggesting he could be as many as 2 levels below the Uefa Pro licence. This may be supported by the 2 year window he has been given to get the credential.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 12:16:48 PM »

His father is from trinidad.

Not all such stories have a happy ending. The father of the footballer Paul Ince, who lost touch with his son when Ince was a child, was not welcomed back. "His friends have poisoned his mind against me and now he tells people he doesn't have a father," he complained

Focus: When you discover the parent you never knew/Publication title: The Independent. London (UK): Jul 19, 1998.  pg. 21
[/color]

Does he have any contact with his father today? “The first time I saw him was when he decided to jump out at the press conference when I joined Man United from West Ham,” he says. “He had arranged it with the press, which I wasn’t best pleased with, so it wasn’t the nicest thing in the world. It was the first time I had seen him since, well, the age of 2. I don’t have any contact with him now.

I was in a gang from 13 to 17. We would go to a nightclub for a fight . . .
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article3090359.ece

His mother is Bajan and is related to Nigel Benn via that side, he was raised by his aunt (bajan)

http://www.thefa.com/england/seniorteam/archive/?i=4653&pf=p&searchname=Ince&ap=p

Good stuff dey Defoe  ;)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »
Congrats to Ince. First black captain of the England and now first black bristish manager of the EPL. Now make it to the first black England manager.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 06:32:09 AM »
Good research from Carib-Briton there.

He left under a cloud at Man united but he has did some very good things with Macclesfield and looked as though he would continue with MK Dons.

Unlike some players who retire and jump into management, Ince has considerable experience from managing clubs in the lower divisions which will no doubt help him.

It will be interesting to see the Blackburn v Sunderland fixture next season. Ince vs Keane.

Ince and Keane were probably the best midfield pairing that united ever had...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:40:05 AM »

I get catch for about 3 seconds, then I remember the other Ince.

Is eider real novice fans posting these days or men just want to play de ass  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:29 PM »

I get catch for about 3 seconds, then I remember the other Ince.

Is eider real novice fans posting these days or men just want to play de ass  ;D

VB

I'll go with "C" for $200 Alex: What is "men just acting hungry and eating chain up"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ince hits out at attempts to unsettle Rovers
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 07:19:44 AM »
Ince hits out at attempts to unsettle Rovers

Updated: August 17, 2008, 1:39 PM UK
soccernet.com

Paul Ince believes attempts were made to wreck his Premier League managerial career before it had even started.
Click here

The new Blackburn boss witnessed his side's excellent 3-2 win at Everton on the opening day of the season yesterday which helped dispel claims that there was unrest in the Rovers camp.

Ince has had to contend with continued pressure to sell his best players while claims of a split in the dressing room since his arrival surfaced just days before his first top flight campaign as a manager.

Ince said: 'People have been trying to upset what we are trying to achieve at Blackburn, even before my first season as a manager in the top flight had even started. But that has been dispelled by this result.

'It hasn't upset me, nothing upsets me. Things annoy me but don't upset me.

'It wasn't only because of what was being said about myself, because I have dealt with a load of crap throughout my career. Just the way it tried to unsettle what I was trying to achieve.

'And for someone facing his first job in the Premier League, it was wrong, attempts were made to upset things before things had even started.

'The season had not even started and things were being said that were bang out of order.'

He added: 'There seemed to be an attempt to unsettle myself, the players and the staff. We have a good bunch of lads and we have stayed strong, people could see that against Everton.

'Do I know the source of what was said? No, I don't, but it was wrong and it was out of order.'

Blackburn went ahead early on through a David Dunn cracker, but Everton were level in first-half injury-time thanks to a stunning Mikel Arteta free-kick.

Ayegbeni Yakubu put Everton ahead in the second period before late goals from Roque Santa Cruz and Andre Ooijer - in injury-time - gave Ince his debut victory as a top flight boss.

Ince said: 'I was a bit unsure what to expect, I have played in the Premier League for a long time and know what is about. But as a manager I was unsure.

'It was an eye-opener for me, I was happy with three points and the experience of being a manager in the top flight was tremendous.

'It was a deserved victory, no doubt. We were a bit sloppy and disappointed after the break having been hit by a very late sucker punch with their equaliser.

'But we needed to salvage something and did that very well. We were 2-1 down to a team that finished fifth last season, and nobody outside the top four won at Everton last term.

'It showed what spirit and togetherness we have at this club. I was very pleased with what I saw and the win.

'It was nice, but we always had confidence. There has been a lot of crap spouted about things that are supposedly going on at Blackburn, there has been attempts to unsettle my players.'
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

1]; } ?>