April 22, 2024, 07:20:48 PM

Author Topic: What really wrong with Brown?  (Read 11104 times)

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
Re: What really wrong with Brown?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 07:47:05 AM »
If Brown was Jamaican he would be a world beater now. You all should've sent him out here when he broke the jr record. He would've been properly trained and developed. No gloating or nuttin.

Man f**k off dis MB nuh :devil:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 08:09:16 AM »
The man pull up injured again in another big race..........steupssssssssss

Now that Darrel has not delivered the magical gold medal some were predicting here I hope you all sit down and digest some HARD facts
You just do not have a season (or a FIVE YEARS for that matter) like he's had going to the Olympics and beat the World.

Darrel Brown was the greatest junior sprinter in history and that is a great achievement in itself. Regardless of what happens here on out his place in our history is etched. However THAT has nothing to do with the present. Saying he'll be our main guy or a big threat when he's healthy counts for nothing because HE IS NEVER HEALTHY. Sentiment counts for nothing when the window of opportunity is less than ten seconds

Something is physically wrong with this guy and it needs to be addressed NOW while he is relatively young. He is always hurt and runs far too little. He has been handled the same way both by Henry Rolle and Stephen Francis. It must be clear to all now that Darrel's team (Darrel himself included) know something that we don't. Ah mean he hardly looked distressed when he trailed through the line.

Look at this quote from his coach Stephen Francis

“What he has been through is probably a result of his body type and maybe he had not done enough true developmental work as a youngster. But his fitness has improved a lot and he is more likely to be able to perform without great problems. There are no long-term injuries that he carries. I think most of his injuries are probably because he didn’t really have a good base for fitness.

Anybody here still doubt me when I say his career has been mismanaged after reading that?

Now that reality has slapped us hard in the face I hope the necessary steps are taken to save this precious talent. The days of just sitting down and hoping he'll be healthy one day are OVER! Enough is enough! Steps must be taken to address the physical and mental state of this athlete NOW!
My greatest fear is the psychological affect this is having on this athlete because every time he needs to push himself in a major meet his body fails him. It happen in Helsinki, Melbourne and now in Beijing. Not to mention it prevented him from running in Athens and Osaka

Nestor Brown musbe turning in his grave.

Allyuh lewe say ah prayer for Darrel that he and his team make the right decisions so that he can revive a once very promising career. Too great to talent to waste away

Well said Flash, who remember TT opening batsman Clint Yorke (Dwight's cousin)?  He was always promising but failed to deliver, for years commentators would talk about a solid 15 runs he made in the then Shell Shield.  DB will always have his accolades at the juniors but unless something is done to address this recurring issue he may not factor at the senior level in major meets. No horrors DB, we still proud and love yuh as a son of the soil
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 08:37:06 AM »
Dont worry Trins. Nothing wrong with Brown. He was merely intimidated by Jamaica Michael Frater. He'll be alright.

Yuh sure is not de Jamaican chemist and Lab rat he fraid...HYStinkingMC >:(

Yeah, yeah...real sour grapes. True colours showing now. BAD MIND!

Haul yours mate...bout Tyson Gay...like seh Yankees are not the biggest offenders...PROVEN.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 08:41:13 AM »
The man pull up injured again in another big race..........steupssssssssss

Now that Darrel has not delivered the magical gold medal some were predicting here I hope you all sit down and digest some HARD facts
You just do not have a season (or a FIVE YEARS for that matter) like he's had going to the Olympics and beat the World.

Darrel Brown was the greatest junior sprinter in history and that is a great achievement in itself. Regardless of what happens here on out his place in our history is etched. However THAT has nothing to do with the present. Saying he'll be our main guy or a big threat when he's healthy counts for nothing because HE IS NEVER HEALTHY. Sentiment counts for nothing when the window of opportunity is less than ten seconds

Something is physically wrong with this guy and it needs to be addressed NOW while he is relatively young. He is always hurt and runs far too little. He has been handled the same way both by Henry Rolle and Stephen Francis. It must be clear to all now that Darrel's team (Darrel himself included) know something that we don't. Ah mean he hardly looked distressed when he trailed through the line.

Look at this quote from his coach Stephen Francis

“What he has been through is probably a result of his body type and maybe he had not done enough true developmental work as a youngster. But his fitness has improved a lot and he is more likely to be able to perform without great problems. There are no long-term injuries that he carries. I think most of his injuries are probably because he didn’t really have a good base for fitness.

Anybody here still doubt me when I say his career has been mismanaged after reading that?

Now that reality has slapped us hard in the face I hope the necessary steps are taken to save this precious talent. The days of just sitting down and hoping he'll be healthy one day are OVER! Enough is enough! Steps must be taken to address the physical and mental state of this athlete NOW!
My greatest fear is the psychological affect this is having on this athlete because every time he needs to push himself in a major meet his body fails him. It happen in Helsinki, Melbourne and now in Beijing. Not to mention it prevented him from running in Athens and Osaka

Nestor Brown musbe turning in his grave.

Allyuh lewe say ah prayer for Darrel that he and his team make the right decisions so that he can revive a once very promising career. Too great to talent to waste away

Good post Flash. Serious talk.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »
Dont worry Trins. Nothing wrong with Brown. He was merely intimidated by Jamaica Michael Frater. He'll be alright.

Haul yours mate...bout Tyson Gay...like seh Yankees are not the biggest offenders...PROVEN.

Funny how yuh choose to come at me alone.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »

Funny how yuh choose to come at me alone.

No funny at all. Studying you long time.

Was just waiting for the true colours to shine thru.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »
It eh have no true or false colours. I do not support Jamaicans because of what I experienbced with them. That eh badmind, that eh hate. De fact is yuh countryman come here on ah TRINI webvsite to waste we dong. So I respond as hard as he give. But say wha.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 09:05:53 AM »
It eh have no true or false colours. I do not support Jamaicans because of what I experienbced with them. That eh badmind, that eh hate. De fact is yuh countryman come here on ah TRINI webvsite to waste we dong. So I respond as hard as he give. But say wha.

So what that have to do with repeated drug accusations?

Steeuups.

Lionpaw deserves whatever cussing he gets as he is a set on, but you go way past that.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »
If Brown was Jamaican he would be a world beater now. You all should've sent him out here when he broke the jr record. He would've been properly trained and developed. No gloating or nuttin.

Get the f*ck out ah here!!...his problems escalated after he went jamaica...he should have been training elsewhere...and who yuh trying to fool with this "No gloating or nuttin"...steupse

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
I think the injury or soft spot on that boy is in his head.  Look at his heat.  Then look at his quarter.  He started well as a Junior and as soon as he got his first major injury, he is a changed man.  The talent is there but his mind need a lot of work.  "Just sayin"
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
I think the injury or soft spot on that boy is in his head.  Look at his heat.  Then look at his quarter.  He started well as a Junior and as soon as he got his first major injury, he is a changed man.  The talent is there but his mind need a lot of work.  "Just sayin"

Explain to meh how de mind could pull ah muscle. Anybody take timeout to think for once how DARREL must be feeling?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 09:31:54 AM »
from what i see he look like he ent pull no muscle , and as brownsugar reported he say he doin fine. to me it look like he realise he was behind in d field an he jus didn't bother to run hard again.

remind me of d time i was runnin d 800 for school sports, when a realise ah was ded las, faint on d track even tho not one ting was wrong wid me.   ;D. so i believe, d ting wid darrel brown is psychological. maybe trainin in jamaica wid asafa powell was a bad idea

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 09:42:03 AM »
remind me of d time i was runnin d 800 for school sports, when a realise ah was ded las, faint on d track even tho not one ting was wrong wid me.   ;D. so i believe, d ting wid darrel brown is psychological. maybe trainin in jamaica wid asafa powell was a bad idea

bless!!

Or Michael Johnson in the 150m race with Donovan Bailey...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfAeCluBBF8

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »
I feel that he was feeling the heat and ketch he tail between he leg if he aint pull no muscle then he simply being a pussy  ....and I SAYING IT NOW.....THATS A RAP HE EH HAVE NO MAJOR MEDAL TO WIN HE SIMPLY CANNOT CUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!  HE NEED TO GET A DAMM DAY JOB OR GROW SOME NUTS OR SOMETHING......however if he is injured I'm sorry about that but I'll still stick to my guns if youre always injured or mentally weak this is not the sport for you talent can only take you so far the rest is simply about balls Burns and Richard have plenty of it ...Darrel  might not
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:01:44 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
Just a thought.... Maybe he realized that he is not in the best shape of his life and has decided to give his best to the relay rather than attempt to run 3 hard races. I trying to put a silver lining to the situation, because we have two great guys still in the hunt and a relay that could do some real damage. We ehn look this good all around since 1964 and I think we should dwell on the positives now that we know Brown is out of the individual race. We not depending on one man like how it was with Ato, so let's move on from it and hope the other guys really have us celebrating tomorrow morning.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 10:03:55 AM »
This is what Fasuba's coach had to say about Brown,,,,,,,,,,

Actually, Brown fell down at warm-up just before the first round while practicing starting blocks. The fall figure was impressive but he looked ok after that. Not for long though. He could cope with one race (heat) but not two (quarter finals). Same thing happened with Mark Jelks last year in Osaka.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »
well with all the psycho analysis thing with Brown he should run the first leg in the relay because from what you'll saying he cyar take pressure.Asafa you to be like that.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »
I glad I didnt say brown would have have pulled injured prior to the final because allyuh would  have accused me of goat mouth, looking at him for the past few years that outcome was the most probable so we really can't be surprised.  I feel sorry for the youth especially since he is a cool humble fella but the writing is on the wall, his individual career in the 100 is basically over.  He may have a future in track in the relay and possibly the 200.  I hope I wrong and brown returns to be a major force in track but right now that seems highly unlikely.

Burns looking good enough for a place in the final where he can surprise people and finish in the top 4 or do one of his specials (i.e. false start or finish dead last in the final after running sub 10 in the semis).

Richard Thompson is the real deal and Ato was right about him running the anchor.  Richard had a long season so I was doubtful about him having enough left in the tank for these games but so far this youth is looking very good.  He is the future of track for TNT and next year asafa, bolt and gay will have serious competiiton.  He is good enough to get bronze this year and anything can happen in the final so silver is possible.  Bolt is definitely the man to beat and Asafa is captain choker so I don't expect him to win gold.

As for allyuh yardies it is only small talk, all this thing about drugs is just picong.  Those guys getting tested like everybody else and once they clean that is all that matters.  If it was the other way around and it trinis running the real fast times allyuh would say we on drugs.  However, if bolt and safa get a beating don't come with any stupid excuse of they were tested too much so they couldn't perform.  All this talk about unity is just crap because the yardies on this site like to see us fail so when do the same all of a sudden trinis bad mind.  I am not saying all jamaicans are like that but the majority of them who post on this site are not supportive of other west indians and at the end of the day nothing is wrong with that.  Supporting your country and not liking your rivals could never be wrong.

As a west indian if the trinis don't beat the americans at least I will be satisfied if the yardies do it because the americans feel they are entitled to win at all times.

Here is my prediction for the 100M:

1) Bolt
2) Asafa
3) Richard Thompson
4) Gay
5) Patton
6) Marc Burns
7) Martina
8) Obikwelu

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »

Awwwwww. That's so touching....
Smoke and Fly

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »
On I 95.5fm dey report that Brown say he alright and goh be good to go for the relay.....

Darrel has an hamstring injury and is awaiting MRI to see the extend of the injury, he said he felt a "yank" and slowed down.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »
Yeah, so should be a good 2 races tomorrow here are the lanes (we are using 2-9 here so no lane 1)

SEMI 1

Atkins BAH
Francis QAT
Burns TRI
Collins SKN
Dix USA
Bolt JAM
Edgar GBR
Frater JAM

SEMI 2

Mbandjock (yes that is d man name) FRA
Tsukahara JAP
Patton USA
Martina AHO
Powell JAM
Thompson TRI
Obikwelu POR
Gay USA

(that is the hot, hot semi)

It get quiet boy. I was "losing wuk" and ting for not knowing what would happen etc. weeks ago and for making bad relay personnel decisions. 

Best to the guys tomorrow and to the relay - hope DB recovers, I really do.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:09:47 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »
Yeah, so should be a good 2 races tomorrow here are the lanes (we are using 2-9 here so no lane 1)

SEMI 1

Atkins BAH
Francis QAT
Burns TRI
Collins SKN
Dix USA
Bolt JAM
Edgar GBR
Frater JAM

SEMI 2

Mbandjock (yes that is d man name) FRA
Tsukahara JAP
Patton USA
Martina AHO
Powell JAM
Thompson TRI
Obikwelu POR
Gay USA

(that is the hot, hot semi)

It get quiet boy. I was "losing wuk" and ting for not knowing what would happen etc. weeks ago and for making bad relay personnel decisions. 

Best to the guys tomorrow and to the relay - hope DB recovers, I really do.

dix, frater and atkins have a good chance to make the finals now.

the second semis will have a lot of sub 10s if all those guys bring thier A games.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
Me eh know but I totally fed up of d injuries
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »
Me eh know but I totally fed up of d injuries

Imagine de athletes dat sufferin dem...
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »
stueps like the boy cyah handle the pressure of the Country watching him huh.  Ato, Hasely, etc.  were one of a kind

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 12:46:20 PM »
http://www.roadstobeijing.com/video.htm

The three ah dem on the same page for everybody...until it come to the 'dark horse' question

whos de english fellah btw?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 12:55:06 PM »

The three ah dem on the same page for everybody...until it come to the 'dark horse' question

ya axe dat question too quick ;D
go down the page
"1990 European 200m Champion John Regis. "
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »

de man saw Kim Collins is a dark horse yes

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
stueps like the boy cyah handle the pressure of the Country watching him huh.  Ato, Hasely, etc.  were one of a kind

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Babalawo, think b4 yuh post  :beermug:

1]; } ?>