April 28, 2024, 12:54:54 PM

Author Topic: Edwards out Wednesday's world cup qualifier.  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards out Wednesday's world cup qualifier.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »
how calling a spade a spade is turning on a man?  he is going to be in a sunderland uniform next game  thats the honest truth. he  is out of form and i think right now he is in the right place re. regaining his form and his starting spot.
     Aye boy,you is a mad man you can't say that on this site about one of our heros.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »
how calling a spade a spade is turning on a man?  he is going to be in a sunderland uniform next game  thats the honest truth. he  is out of form and i think right now he is in the right place re. regaining his form and his starting spot.
     Aye boy,you is a mad man you can't say that on this site about one of our heros.

you in dat too boy Coops. you could say what yuh want about whoever. I shoot as straight as anyone. is ah cool scene. i cynical when i ready, but in this case, i jess feel de man deserve some compassion unless it comes to light that he lying. i have no real issue with him staying to fight for his place. i mightn't agree, but we know who pays the bills. i really take issue that we could so easily believe he would use such a disgraceful excuse to hide behind not playing for his country...I not naive, but I'd like to think if anyone uses a family tragedy as an excuse to not do something...regardless of their nationality, as humans..the first thing we feel is compassion...not suspicion. i simply expected at least one or two people to wonder if Carlos head right and wish him well

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 05:32:12 PM »
What if one of the man children sick bad or his wife , and he can't make no move to the other side of the globe, if thats the case what yuh want him do, leave he wife or kids in their time of need and jump to play for ungreatful jack warner and stinking camps.

that could be ah good posibility! like all who talking ain't have no kids or what!! don't you know kids does get sick and wife too.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:34:56 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
Yeah what is d family tragedy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »
there's a good chance that a point versus Cuba won't be good enough.

There's a good chance that six points in the first two games won't be good enough.

As far as Carlos goes, I would like to think he wouldn't call nothing down on his family to miss the game, he strike me as a bigger man than that. I'm pretty sure that the TTFFand Pacho know what the family tragedy is and that (believe it or not) is good enough for me. Is none of our business, once the decision is made to excuse him from duty.

As fans we have to watch weself a little bit. Is not brain surgery he coming to do, is play football and hopefully entertain us... If the replacement not up to scratch, none of us going to croak...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »
ah think the discussion got a bit warped. initially i really was not focusing on why he cannot make it. i basically saying the fact that he cant make it , is not a big lost to the team  because of his current  below par form.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »
It look like after Stern geh he text from Pacho, he text Carlos then Carlos look like he txt thee team...

1 Message Received

From +447832182566, 2:10am UK:

Pacho. I not coming if Stern not Ply in cuba game nxt wed.
               Yuh need to go back to Columbia with tha tata football. No speaka espanol, Carlos.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:01:03 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »
Nice txt but unless he pull ah Morton who kill he grandmudder but shewas not dead it have a tragedy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 09:04:31 PM »
Well, none of us know what the "tragedy" is.  But when you use a word as serious as that, it seems like the whole nation would have known what this "tragedy" was.  When I see that word, I thinking the man mother dead, he wife gravely ill, his chile in the hospital with a life threatening illness.  The fact that nobody know and nothing is published make me very suspicious as to the gravity of this tragedy.  You could keep an unfortunate incident quiet and private, but a "tragedy" sound like the whole nation should be holding hands and praying.  Somehow, ah have a feeling that word "Tragedy" was made up by the TTFF to cover Carlos request not to participate in the game.  After all he did play on Saturday, although he came off the bench in the 67th (I think) minute.

"Ah jus' sayin'..."
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 05:09:28 AM »
It is clear to see that Carlos abscence is down to Roy Keene and nothing more,Keene had already stated his intentions long before the English season started.Trinidad is now at the mercy of the English managers to which our footballers are attached to.Lets hope that the home based boys that have been playing for us over the last year does the business for us.Keene even made sure that Yorke did not make
himself available with a fractured cheekbone.I have seen several players play with similar injury;the next week,Yorke had this so called injury about 5 or six weeks ago,Keene also made sure that Jones were not going to play in these matches by delaying Jones exploratary operation for about six weeks.Had that operation been done a couple days after the damage who knows how quick he would have recovered.We would continue to suffer this kind of past colonial behaviour by our past masters because these people do not care about us crossing that barrier which could make us their equal on the field of sport.I do hope the boys who are going to do battle see it this way
and play with their heart and souls.Let Keene know that we know he is a selfish ignorant Irishman and hopefully if we get into the Hex we would let FIFA deal with him.

Offline Gretzky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 05:21:28 AM »
It is clear to see that Carlos abscence is down to Roy Keene and nothing more,Keene had already stated his intentions long before the English season started.Trinidad is now at the mercy of the English managers to which our footballers are attached to.Lets hope that the home based boys that have been playing for us over the last year does the business for us.Keene even made sure that Yorke did not make
himself available with a fractured cheekbone.I have seen several players play with similar injury;the next week,Yorke had this so called injury about 5 or six weeks ago,Keene also made sure that Jones were not going to play in these matches by delaying Jones exploratary operation for about six weeks.Had that operation been done a couple days after the damage who knows how quick he would have recovered.We would continue to suffer this kind of past colonial behaviour by our past masters because these people do not care about us crossing that barrier which could make us their equal on the field of sport.I do hope the boys who are going to do battle see it this way
and play with their heart and souls.Let Keene know that we know he is a selfish ignorant Irishman and hopefully if we get into the Hex we would let FIFA deal with him.

man that is a dumb post.  :-[

why would jones's exploratory operation be delayed? how would that benefit keane or sunderland? surely they too want him back playing as soon as possible. my understanding is that they had to let the swelling go down first, and hopefully they could avoid having to operate at all because even an exploratory takes weeks to recover, i know as i've had it done myself. i'm not a doctor but i'm not an idiot either, come on, think about it.

as for edwards, he really looks to be lacking in confidence. against liverpool he was unwilling to do the things that made him the player he was just over a year ago, ie; shoot at the fist sign of an opportunity, run at defenders and get early crosses in. it's a reall shame, i hope he gets it back soon, he's a top fella and i want to see him succeed.  :'(
god is da boss

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 06:12:18 AM »
Grextzy man when I said a few days I didn't mean it literally and although I too have no medical background do you honestly think it should have taken 5 weeks to operate?Keene also bought in quite a few players and they are very good replacements for Jones,the fact is Jones is now definitely out of these matches that is so important for TT.Keene does not care about nobody but himself judging by some of his past utterances and dont believe for a moment that Jones is going to stroll straight back into Sunderland team.Keene even showed his selfish attitude to his own country so what do you expect him to to do when it comes to a little dot in the Caribbean,he does not give one damm cent bout us.Their attitude still remains the same as it washundreds of years ago,USE AND ABUSE.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 06:26:10 AM »
Grextzy man when I said a few days I didn't mean it literally and although I too have no medical background do you honestly think it should have taken 5 weeks to operate?Keene also bought in quite a few players and they are very good replacements for Jones,the fact is Jones is now definitely out of these matches that is so important for TT.Keene does not care about nobody but himself judging by some of his past utterances and dont believe for a moment that Jones is going to stroll straight back into Sunderland team.Keene even showed his selfish attitude to his own country so what do you expect him to to do when it comes to a little dot in the Caribbean,he does not give one damm cent bout us.Their attitude still remains the same as it washundreds of years ago,USE AND ABUSE.

wait you were serious  ???  I could swear your first post above was pure sarcasm...too stupid for words!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »
Look here Arrow ah dunno who yuh trying to protect,if its Keene he doh give a shyte bout you and Trinidad.You try and use some f**king commonsense and ask yuhself some questions about Carlos situation.Who is the bereavement that he suffer,is close family and if so who.When Redknapp mother died recently he played a week later in a big match for Chelsea so that is rubbish bout some so called bereavement.I can understand if its very close like IMMEDIATE FAMILY.If Redknapp could play after the death of his mum then surely Carlos should play in amatch which doesn't come bigger than a WCQ.Everything stinks of club over country and we must not call Carlos again,he's been shyte all of last season and he breaks down if de breeze blow to hard.This same shit happened with Yorke while at Aston Villa and MU now its the same.Eight weeks after Jones injury they operate,six weeks ago Yorke suffered facial injury.Man daz play with dat kindah injury all de time.Look man they would continue to fool people like you but not me.Here is a little advice,when yuh see FRICO next to de post den doh worry to read it.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 10:26:06 AM »
when yuh see FRICO next to de post den doh worry to read it.
I think most of us learned that a long time ago.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
Look here Arrow ah dunno who yuh trying to protect,if its Keene he doh give a shyte bout you and Trinidad.You try and use some f**king commonsense and ask yuhself some questions about Carlos situation.Who is the bereavement that he suffer,is close family and if so who.When Redknapp mother died recently he played a week later in a big match for Chelsea so that is rubbish bout some so called bereavement.I can understand if its very close like IMMEDIATE FAMILY.If Redknapp could play after the death of his mum then surely Carlos should play in amatch which doesn't come bigger than a WCQ.Everything stinks of club over country and we must not call Carlos again,he's been shyte all of last season and he breaks down if de breeze blow to hard.This same shit happened with Yorke while at Aston Villa and MU now its the same.Eight weeks after Jones injury they operate,six weeks ago Yorke suffered facial injury.Man daz play with dat kindah injury all de time.Look man they would continue to fool people like you but not me.Here is a little advice,when yuh see FRICO next to de post den doh worry to read it.

so why yuh calling Yorke name in club vs country..ent Yorke retired? seriously tho...did i miss the news that he made himslef available for national team selection.

Sunderland pay plenty for KJ. They also have the potential to make plenty more if he is a success and moves on to a big club. Makes no sense to jeapordize his health. And Sunderland ain't benefitting by delaying surgery. He go jess get fit later in the season and come and play for T&T in the other rounds of the semifinals of CCAF WCQ. Club losing out more by delaying surgery...by getting less out of him, and they'd be reducing his market value if they really jeapordized his health by delaying surgery for no good reason.

I feel yuh mean Lampard..not redknapp. And he did miss at least one or two games when his mum died. In any case, no two men should be expected to deal with tragedy the same way. I eh know why yuh trying to make that point. It ain't maths. And who say Carlos issue is playing? His issue may just be that he doh want to travel too far and be away for a few days from people who may need his support right now. Who knows.

In any case...lewwe not get so worked up when all we doing is speculating. For all yuh know..Sunderland and TTFF come up with ah agreement and Carlos caught in the middle. Hopefully some facts will come out soon. Agreed, it strange not to hear what the tragedy is, but some things might jess be very private. Maybe Carlos decide he wha' stay at Sunderland and regain his form. One thing we can agree on is that clubs will always look out for themselves first. But I think your suspicions a little to the extreme

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 11:39:03 AM »
The Reality is
1) Who pays the piper calls the tune.
2)  Tragedy is a very serious word. Until we know what the tragedy is - We ought not to judge. Now I know that we are all disappointed as Carlos is our new star boy, not having Latapy and Jones and Dwight, I wanted to mention Stern but we have always had a love/ hate relationship with our best goal scorer.  Carlos is not on top of his game and after seeing him on Saturday , I feel that he will warm a lot of pine this year, maybe the tragedy got to him against Liverpool. He was quick to pass off the ball backwards and did not look as if  he wanted to take on the last defence or run to goal.
 Who knows maybe this is a blessing in disguise.
Finally we dont want Guatemala to get a point against the USA. Two teams going through-USA beating Cuba and Guatemala twice is a plus for us.
 We have to take care of business rather than hope that others wil do what we ought/ must / have the players to do.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 04:27:10 PM »
OK Filho and Injunchile I suppose we are getting a bit worked up and saying things in an emotional state because we are now missing  players that could have made us overwhelming favourites,our situation now could result in a win lose or a draw but we cant be too sure of a win although my heart tells me that we are going to come away with a win.We sometimes say things we regret and I am not the only person to have ever done that.I have read both of your posts and I feel a little better now,your posts seems to have had a calming effect,the thing is we all want our sweet Trinidad to win and may sometimes get carried away,anyway thanks for your posts,it changed my feelling from one of being vex to calm.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
OK Filho and Injunchile I suppose we are getting a bit worked up and saying things in an emotional state because we are now missing  players that could have made us overwhelming favourites,our situation now could result in a win lose or a draw but we cant be too sure of a win although my heart tells me that we are going to come away with a win.We sometimes say things we regret and I am not the only person to have ever done that.I have read both of your posts and I feel a little better now,your posts seems to have had a calming effect,the thing is we all want our sweet Trinidad to win and may sometimes get carried away,anyway thanks for your posts,it changed my feelling from one of being vex to calm.

Wow...

Men really anxious but this game boy. Men getting all mellow.

Hormones acting up and thing... Just now we go all start passing round boxes of chocolate ice cream and listening to Alicia keys on loop :'(

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 11:29:54 PM »
what really happen to edwards family?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2008, 05:21:51 AM »
Edwards partner child has died.Now lets put that into perspective,what is Carlos expected to do apart from show sympathy and console his partner.Ireally do not know how you guys think but I know what I would do.I would like to take this oppurtunity to send my sincerest sympathies to Carlos and his partner.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2008, 05:50:03 AM »
Had I been his pardner, I would have said Carlos you have a duty and responsibility to your people and nation. Go out there and give it your all.
 Feed on this tragedy. This is irresponsible- I read it on Fazeer Mohammed's aricle this morning. Fazeer hit the nail on the head that we dont have the pedigree to be complacent. One of the few with the pedigree using a lame excuse.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 05:55:34 AM »
Not being funny lads but its the Blue tablets for paranoia.

Nobody uses the word "tragedy" as an excuse unless they are complete arseholes.

As for Kenwyns surgery god give me strength.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 06:03:32 AM »
Some of allyuh real fas, boy. Allyuh can't just accept a big man word and settle wit dat. Allyuh need to know de intricate details of de man life. So that you could subjectively decide if his tragedy was tragic enough. Steups! Allyuh trying to tell a big man how to deal wit tragedy. Just to satisfy allyuh by coming to play a GAME. A GAME. Selfish.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 12:14:15 PM »
Fellas ....if Stern John was in Carlos position...you think the situation would be the same..

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 12:40:35 PM »
We must not let one fact escape us and that is we seem to do better in adversity.I expect us to blow Cuba away to-nite.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2008, 01:01:35 PM »
If there is a death in de man family allyuh be quiet and let the man handle his business, dat is more important than ah blasted football game. This website have some real a$$hole$.  If we can't beat cuba without carlos then we don't deserve to win or even qualify for the world cup.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 01:14:56 PM »
Had I been his pardner, I would have said Carlos you have a duty and responsibility to your people and nation. Go out there and give it your all.
 Feed on this tragedy. This is irresponsible- I read it on Fazeer Mohammed's aricle this morning. Fazeer hit the nail on the head that we dont have the pedigree to be complacent. One of the few with the pedigree using a lame excuse.

After Brent Favre from the Green Bay Packers now with the NY Jets,father died on the same day he went out and played Monday night football. He then found out that his wife had cancer, he played in a game that very week with a dedication to the Cancer victims and his wife. Just wanted alyuh to know...how much you should love this game. ;)   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:25:52 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »

After Brent Favre from the Green Bay Packers now with the NY Jets,father died on the same day he went out and played Monday night football. He then found out that his wife had cancer, he played in a game that very week with a dedication to the Cancer victims and his wife. Just wanted alyuh to know...how much you should love this game. ;)   

good example but not everybody is the same.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »
Carlos Edwards gay or what.  What kinda partner is that he missing games for???

:rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:07:40 PM by Babalawo »

1]; } ?>