April 26, 2024, 02:37:23 PM

Author Topic: NO BROWN  (Read 4614 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NO BROWN
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:07:23 PM »
In 4x 100 metre relay Blenman 2 replace he. TV6 say so
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brown Out of 4x100
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »
TV 6 jus say how brown out for sure
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NO BROWN
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 09:10:37 PM »
Hmmm hope Bledman ready to deliver..cause we cant take no Fork Ups right now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 09:17:26 PM »
I willin 2 give d yute a go I so fed up ah Brown let he go in peace.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »
Who is Bledman ,whats his story ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »
All reports dat d yute runnin well born in Grande but livin Palo Seco now trainin wit Petrotrin

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brown Out of 4x100
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »

Wise decision for both the athlete and the team. This is not even news to me since today's Express said MRI and Ultra Sound Tests showed a Grade Two hamstring tear. The writing was on the wall once I read that.

Bledman is a consistent 10.1 sprinter who only turns 20 this year. If we are honest with ourselves, there is a drop off but it isn't as huge as many may think is is as far as foot speed given Darrel's inconsistent form this year. Now as far as experience Darrel will be sorely missed and there is a MASSIVE drop off there. However this could have been worse for the team. The good news is that the line up does not have to be reshuffled. Once Bledman replaces Brown on first leg he's only involded in one exchange and Burns, Armstring and Thompson are in their spots.

Bear in mind that Aaron Armstring had to be withdrawn very late at the Helsinki World Championships and he was replaced by Kevon Pierre who was a 10.3 runner at best. Pierre ran out of his skin and we shattered the NR to 38.10 and got barely beaten into silver.
Bledman is faster than Pierre, Armstrong will be faster than Jacey Harper was on that third leg, Burns is in the form of his life and Thompson is superior to what anybody on that Helsinki team ever has been in their career

This is by no means a lost cause. This team can still medal. Bear in mind the USA is in some trouble with Gay unable to break 10 and Patton running below par in the 100m. Jamaica are heavy favourites at this point but they may have been even with Brown in this team. Anything can happen in a relay. We're still in it to win it!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:38:25 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown flash, ah feelin better now w/we overal chances  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 09:41:40 PM »

Wise decision for both the athlete and the team. This is not even news to me since today's Express said MRI and Ultra Sound Tests showed a Grade Two hamstring tear. The writing was on the wall once I read that.

Bledman is a consistent 10.1 sprinter who only turns 20 this year. If we are honest with ourselves, there is a drop off but it isn't as huge as many may think is is as far as foot speed given Darrel's inconsistent form this year. Now as far as experience Darrel will be sorely missed and there is a MASSIVE drop off there. However this could have been worse for the team. The good news is that the line up does not have to be reshuffled. Once Bledman replaces Brown on first leg he's only involded in one exchange and Burns, Armstring and Thompson are in their spots.

Bear in mind that Aaron Armstring had to be withdrawn very late at the Helsinki World Championships and he was replaced by Kevon Pierre who was a 10.3 runner at best. Pierre ran out of his skin and we shattered the NR to 38.10 and got barely beaten into silver.
Bledman is faster than Pierre, Armstrong will be faster than Jacey Harper was on that third leg, Burns is in the form of his life and Thompson is superior to what anybody on that Helsinki team ever has been in their career

This is by no means a lost cause. This team can still medal. Bear in mind the USA is in some trouble with Gay unable to break 10 and Patton running below par in the 100m. Jamaica are heavy favourites at this point but they may have been even with Brown in this team. Anything can happen in a relay. We're still in it to win it!
Thanks flash for your insight ,we really working blind ,in alyah section here lol .So all the info we could get is really much appreciated .

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
No problem fellas. The key with Bledman will be his mind and how the coaches handle him. This kid ran the 100m in Osaka and actually won his heat beating Asafa into second so I doubt the big stage will intimidate him too much

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »
No problem fellas. The key with Bledman will be his mind and how the coaches handle him. This kid ran the 100m in Osaka and actually won his heat beating Asafa into second so I doubt the big stage will intimidate him too much
as a semi-ignorant question: why did bledman not run the 100m here?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »
Simply put, no country can enter more than 3 runners in the 100m. Actually, that may be the same for all individual track events.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 10:42:57 PM »
Simply put, no country can enter more than 3 runners in the 100m. Actually, that may be the same for all individual track events.
thanks. for some reason i thought the limit was 4

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »
thanks. for some reason i thought the limit was 4

Well in the World Championships you could send four cause the Defending Champion get a wildcard but one of the Four must be the defending champion. For example we coulda send 4 in the 200m in 1999 Worlds cause Ato was defending champion. Off cause Ato wasn't able to defend that tile due to injury and nobody else from T&T made the qualifying time so we actually were not represented but at least the opportunity was there

Olympics is strictly three per nation though

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »
Gold still the goal
Brown ruled out of sprint relay, but
Kwame Laurence In Beijing
Monday, August 18th 2008

Trinidad and Tobago will not have the services of Darrel Brown for the men's 4 x100 metres relay, at the 2008 Olympic Games here in Beijing, China.

This was confirmed yesterday by Team T&T chef-de-mission Michael Valentine.

Brown suffered a grade two hamstring tear in the quarter-final round of the 100m dash, and hobbled to the line eighth and last in his heat in 10.93 seconds.

But though T&T will not be at full strength for the sprint relay, 100m silver medallist Richard Thompson is convinced that gold is still attainable.

"We're still planning to approach it the same way. We still want the same result. We want a gold medal and nothing is going to stop us from accomplishing that."

Either Keston Bledman or Emmanuel Callender will team up with Marc Burns, Aaron Armstrong and Thompson for the 4x100m.

Armstrong and Rondell Sorillo were at the Bird's Nest stadium here in Beijing after press time last night (T&T time), competing in the opening round of the men's 200m. The T&T sprinters were bidding for berths in the quarter-final round, scheduled to start at 8.05 this morning.

Also on show last night were quarter-milers Renny Quow and Ato Modibo, hammer thrower Candice Scott and sprint hurdler Mikel Thomas.

Rhonda Watkins will be in action tonight (T&T time), in the women's long jump qualifying competition. First jump is at 9.40.

And at 10.45, at the Peking University Gymnasium, France-based table tennis pro Dexter St Louis squares off against Canada's Zhang Peng in a men's singles preliminary round showdown. The winner will play Japan's Seiya Kishikawa.

At the Bird's Nest stadium, yesterday, Aleesha Barber and Josanne Lucas exited in the opening round of their respective events.

Barber finished fourth in the fifth women's 100m hurdles heat. The T&T athlete's 13.01 seconds clocking earned her 18th spot overall.

And Lucas was sixth in heat four of the women's 400m hurdles and 23rd overall. She stopped the clock at 57.76 seconds, well outside her 55.29 national record.

Coming off the final bend, Lucas was in fourth spot but struggled coming home and faded to sixth.

"Before the race," a disappointed Lucas told the Express, "I felt nice and loose, ready to go. In fact, even throughout the race--comfortable, holding a good position. Last three hurdles killed me. My legs got the best of me.

"Unfortunately," she continued, "I got injured in practice (last) Sunday, but it's not something I focused on. I got a small (hamstring) tear, very small. It's a minor injury. I've bounced back from these many times, and I treated this race as a final. I knew I had a 54."

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »
Who is Bledman ,whats his story ?

He a solid 10.1x runner, that I am hoping is a relay animal. If he's in 10.1x shape right now, there wouldn;t be much of a drop off speed wise. I have seen guys with PR's in the 10.2x range beat guys with a 10.0x range many a times on lead-off. A couple races......

Hampton games 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRIA7qW-6XY

Trini trials 2007 coming 3rd and beating Burns. He's in lane 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4da5nUhrJY&feature=related
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 11:09:12 PM »
It doh change much, we still lookin good 4 at least a bronze.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 01:31:37 AM »
GO TnT 4X100m relay
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »

Good post

The cool thing about 4x100 relays is that everyone (except the first leg) gets a running start so the playing field is evened (just a little bit), as one of the distinguishing factors between great sprinters and average sprinters is speed over the first 35-40m from a stand-still position (in the blocks).....that factor gets diluted somewhat in a relay....Also the staggered start offers a psychological advantage to runners (except lane 8 ) in having someone pull them as if they were chasing a moving target...... and if you have great "bend/turn" runners you can also capitalize on the 1st & 3rd legs...add that to the technical sophistication of the baton hand-offs and you have a situation where teams can greatly exceed expectations on their day if they get it right......

The Soviet Union, Japan & France for e.g. have all had great relay teams at points in time without really having great individual sprinters in the flat event.

Still tough to imagine JA losing this one without something out of the ordinary happening.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 03:42:07 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »
Yuh soundin like a track man boy, not a central midfielder  ;D  Nice post, makes sense to may naiive eye, cyar wait for Thursday
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »
Get tie up wid... Kicker..he was a runner back in de day oui..... ;)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »
Get tie up wid... Kicker..he was a runner back in de day oui..... ;)

Yuh's meh real boy...thanks for the flattery  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 10:37:52 PM »
Relays are a strange beast.  Some men does just run out of their mind in the relay and that is what we hoping for.  This might just be the race that propels Keston into a great sprinter and starts a great career.

Go TnT!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 12:33:32 AM »
Start List
Men's 4 x 100m Relay Round 1 - Heat 1
National Stadium / Thu Aug 21 2008 / Start Time: 20:20 Beijing Time

LaneNOC NameNational RecordSeason Best
2Brazil37.9038.76
3Netherlands38.6338.92
4Japan38.0338.94
5South Africa38.4738.75
6Nigeria37.9439.81
7United States37.4037.80
8Trinidad/Tobago38.0038.00
9Poland38.3338.61

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 12:53:40 AM »
I willin 2 give d yute a go I so fed up ah Brown let he go in peace.

Yes RIP Brown.  He is the Asafa powell of tnt  ;D

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 03:52:36 AM »
how we get that joakey lane boy.... but we should pull through

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
Lane 8! Small ting...Fellas pass dat baton well..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
Come fellas, leh we do dis, mash up de 4 x 100 field!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 04:36:22 PM »
Guys,
        How all yuh dissin' DB so!! That ain't right.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »
since he left his old club he was never the same. plus coach died
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>