April 28, 2024, 02:59:03 PM

Author Topic: We must now get six points from our last 2 games!  (Read 6575 times)

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We must now get six points from our last 2 games!
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:02:41 PM »
This is some crap. Why it is that when trinidad play a good game the next game they really f**k around. My God I am tired of this shit. Now these f**kers must now get 6 points from ther last 2 game. I think that we would still get 4th becasue Gutemala would tie ther last two.I cannot take this crap anymore
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 11:25:43 PM by Tallman »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
not over yet but....................
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 10:03:57 PM »
The hill is a steep one.......

Peeps in Trinidad........how we look ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Official situation now
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 10:05:34 PM »
We cannot automatically qualify.

We have to fight for 4th.

Guat has to play Mex in Mex and at home vs CR to finish.
They will not get more than 3 pts again, going to 11.

BUT

They have the head to head vs us.

We HAVE to beat Panama next game in Panama, then win vs Mexico. Simple as that.
Once we dont do that, we have to start hoping for stuff out of our hand and Guat slipping up at home vs CR in their last game.
They will never win in Mexico. They will get 3 points more I feel.
For us to qualify, we in 2 must win games.
No excuses now.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: not over yet but....................
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:06:40 PM »
we aint dead yet. we hadda rely on mexico to rough up guatemala in d next rounds dey still smarting over dat loss to d US plus dey playing at home so guatemala aint winning, panama dead so we have a chance to win away. come down to d last rounds we go be on 10 and guatemala on 8. desitiny in our own hands
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:07:46 PM »
We going into the Panama game kinda like how Honduras was going into their home game svs T&T last WCQ  ;D

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 10:08:12 PM »
we still can;t get a pt on the road...

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
WE WILL PREVAIL!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 10:09:02 PM »
To the Brothers:

I know that did not that many of you will be upset with the way things turn out tonite but many of us knew that it would be tough getting a positive result in CR. We also expected the USA to do us a favor and beat Shittymala but everything is everything.

We still hold the cards to our destiny in many ways so let us give our 100% to the team. There are twists and curves yet left in the road.

So hopefully we can avoid the miserable hopelessness that pervades the board after every loss. keep the positive. we still have two more games that we can win and I am confident that Shittymala will drop points somewhere between tegucicalpa and some altitude afflicted mountain in Mexico.

Keep the faith and keep the positivity...

Even with Stern...

Bless Up

Seeker

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guat...not beating Mex...or CR
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 10:10:32 PM »
I can't see that happening ...they not getting any more points....all we need is a win and a draw....
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official situation now
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 10:11:02 PM »
You right.  I cannot see Guatemala getting less than 3 points in their last game at home against a Costa Rica side that done qualify.
We need to reach 12 points to beat Guatemala for 4th.  That point against the USA and the tiebreaker will be the difference. That is if we can even beat Panama on the road.
We need 6 more points!

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 10:11:21 PM »
Again it will be down to the final game, the good thing is the guatemala game against costa rica on the last day is 2 hrs before us, so we should know if we need to win or draw for fouth place.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 10:12:20 PM »
Recently in situations like this they would move de games to start at de same time
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Gameweek 8 results
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 10:13:16 PM »
TRINIDAD 0 COSTA RICA 2

USA 0 GUATEMALA 0

MEXICO 5 PANAMA 0

I tight, and i going and break up de lime outside so i could go and sleep

bless up fellas! we go still get 4th!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 11:27:28 PM by Tallman »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Guat...not beating Mex...or CR
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 10:13:17 PM »
guatemala  AT HOME will mash up a Costa Rica side that done qualify

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WE WILL PREVAIL!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 10:13:27 PM »
And what if Mexico play they B team like USA tonight to help they spanish brothers and put their A team against we? FIFA should stop that B team bullsh!t.  Some people on this site acting as if coutries doh scratch each other back in football, and politricks could be involved too, dat slackness going on long time.  Again, why de phu*ue US play that sh!t team in Guatemala?

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 10:14:13 PM »
And what if Mexico play they B team like USA tonight to help they spanish brothers and put their A team against we? FIFA should stop that B team bullsh!t.  Some people on this site acting as if coutries doh scratch each other back in football, and politricks could be involved too, dat slackness going on long time.  Again, why de phu*ue US play that sh!t team in Guatemala?

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 10:15:45 PM »
We need six points. Most likely when Cosat Rica play Guatemala at home they might have done clinch a world cup spot. them ticos done celebrating like they make it.they might play a b team like the us did. so to make the world cup trinidad and tobago have to win their last two games. must win. i hate to say it but our chances just get slim. i supporting trinidad a long time now and i wonder why when they go play with a fighting spirit. they should have played glen on that turf man.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 10:17:45 PM »
where is guatamala playing mexico
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 10:18:48 PM »

How do you propose that FIFA stop it ?? A coach could always say "I consider this team to be my strongest"..........or "x and y are not available to play because of yadda yadda"...There is no way for FIFA to assess who is a "best" team....and FIFA can't force players to play or coaches to select "best" players........So you could go ahead and get grey hair over conspiracy and who scratchin' who back.....You're better off drinking a beer and coolin' yuh nerves.................Your rant and rave is understandable, but there is no way around it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 10:21:49 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 10:20:30 PM »
Glen or not, it would not have mattered.
Lets be honest, we cant match CR in CR, never really have in the past before.
It was always going to be a hard and difficult game.
Fact is, we appear to CR like how St Vincent appear to us, a nice juicy 3 pts.

It is in our hands 99.9% (the 0.1% is if Guat somehow beat Mex in Mex).
If we could get 2 wins, we will make it.
If we cant win vs Panama, we have to start practising obeah for the last game.

Offline Platt

• New Warrior
  • I and I love Soca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 10:21:12 PM »
I dont think that Mexiko can play at home with a B or C team. The fans would just knock them out off the country if them lose against Guatemala. The fans are lunatics, so they are afraid of doing so. In the US the situation is complete different one, isn't it?
Hopefully we will see you Trinis next year over here in Germany. Do your best!

It will be a big party...

Offline nomad warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 10:23:34 PM »
Mexico still want first place in CONCACAF or else dey coach go get fired. I doubt they gonna play a second string in the upcoming games.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 10:26:23 PM »
Agreed last 2 posts, Mex will win at home, dont worry.

Plus, even if they want to, its their right to play who they want.

We should not be in this situation, its our own fault.

If I was Beenhakker and I sew up qualification, and I could be in a position to help Ja reach in front of Panama, I wont mind helping them.

We cant tell them what to do, or argue fair is fair.
They can do whatever they want.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 10:27:03 PM »
We still have everything to play for. This was always going to be the toughest game. This one is going down to the final game and our destiny will still in our own hands.

I out. talk to allyuh tomorrow.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 10:29:07 PM »
i don't think mexico will alow guats to beat them at home but i see guatemala beating costa rica at home. guatemala is in a better position than we. they playing against two teams that qualify and they have alot of motivation. trinidad on the other hand will have to get it together. i praying that some way some how we going to the world cup. trinidad have to make it to this world cup. i have no clue what we team might be like in 2010 qualifiers. so to latapy and yorke and the team. the whole country is depending on you all. save your best games for the next two games trinidad.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 10:29:23 PM »
We will need J Lloyd and Zamora to beat Mexico  :justkidding:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 10:46:44 PM by arrow »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 10:34:32 PM »
I can't see that happening ...they not getting any more points....all we need is a win and a draw....

How can you say for sure that Guatemala cant beat Costa Rica at home? My knowledge of the HEx is that they probably will. Beating Mexico in Mexico wont happen, so they will throw everything behind the Costa Rica game (on and off the filed  ;D)

The race is still on between Trinidad and Guatemala for the 4th half spot. Advantage Guatemala. You have to think that Mexico is good enough to secure a point in Trinidad(based on their dominance in CONCACAF), and also, one has to expect Panama will be able to secure at least one point as the home team vs T&T. I never really like predicting a win for an away team in these games.

Anyaway, it will come down to the last round of games before the 4th spot is decided. Still hope for the Caribbean.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 10:40:24 PM »

FIFA cant tell a country who to select on their national side. The tearm "B" squad is subjective, as its purely based on perception. Todays "B" team could easily be tomorrow's A team. Time for Jack Warner to help out is country-men  ::)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 10:43:23 PM »
We will need J Lloyd and Zamora to beat Mexico

Why would those guys come over now when the team have its back agaianst the wall? I dont think Anyone in the EPL who have a remote chnace of playing for England is willing to commit to another country at this time, with teh orld cup just a mater of months away.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under all the ole talk...we in trouble
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 10:45:26 PM »
Alright so it was great to pull off that remarkable last minute win last Saturday but that win only served to mask the true reality that our present team just isn't ready and that is the plain truth, whether we want to see it or not.

The fact remains that we were 5 minutes away from losing to Guatemala at home.  Based on that fact alone we really couldn't expect any points against Costa Rica on the road.
And what leads us to believe that we can now go into Panama and pull off a win against the Gold Cup finalists, a team that mighty Mexico and gritty Guatemala could only draw against and a team looking to salvage some pride in this campaign against the only team they have a chance to beat?
People are looking ahead to the Mexico game but we will need some more miracles in this next game to keep this dream alive.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under all the ole talk...we in trouble
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 10:49:11 PM »
And what leads us to believe that we can now go into Panama and pull off a win against the Gold Cup finalists, a team that mighty Mexico and gritty Guatemala could only draw against and a team looking to salvage some pride in this campaign against the only team they have a chance to beat?
People are looking ahead to the Mexico game but we will need some more miracles in this next game to keep this dream alive.

I believe beating Panama in Panama City will be tougher than getting a point in Trinidad vs Mexico. Winning in Central America is tough. Panama is not as bad as they appear, they are decent team. Anyway, if Trinidad wants to go all the way, they have to blow out Panama and get a result vs Mexico. They know what they have to do, and I think the coach is capable of getting the players to pull it off. But Panama and Mexico might have other ideas.

1]; } ?>