April 23, 2024, 11:57:20 PM

Author Topic: CONGRATS TO THE T&T 4 x 100 MEN'S RELAY TEAM  (Read 9880 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONGRATS TO THE T&T 4 x 100 MEN'S RELAY TEAM
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 11:27:42 AM »
Look de race: http://www.sportstrick.com/play.php?vid=1292

Dat last hand off shit we up boy. We woulda at least push dem more. Callender boots like they had rockets. Why we wasn't using he in de first place?

Thanks  :beermug:

I was going to ask if Callender was the third leg when ah see Aviator confirm it... b/c I thought the same thing, I couldn't believe that it was Bolt he run dung so.  If a couple things had gone a little different for us... not having to field a relatively inexperienced team... kept Frater close... cleaner exchange on the anchor...

but taking nothing away from Jamaica, they showed everybody how you run a relay.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »
http://www.sportstrick.com/play.php?vid=1292 and tell Monkey Genius thanks  ;D

Brownsugs ah look on some sites and didn't see anything of that nature.

------------------------------------------------------------------
on another note....allyuh not easy nah
I reading some posts here there in other threads, how men disappointed about placing second, and the baton change was bad etc etc etc.....  My question to some ah allyuh, allyuh coulda do any better ??? Since when allyuh became experts on baton handling ??? Some ah allyuh, dis is allyuh first time in dey Track and Field section ah dey forum.

hush allyuh arse and enjoy dey damn moment. ah silver medal better dan NONE at all.
Yes dey fumble by dey 3rd/4th baton change, but dat is all dat happened. Nobody big toe touch dey line, no baton didn't fall. Be frigging grateful nah...juss once.

steupse

TnT sprinters congrats also Jamaica sprinters congrats on dey gold and the record breaking moment.  :beermug:

Rat and Capo is expert on baton handling  :devil:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
Always remember that as Keith Smith of the Express says - TRINIS never happy with anything - we must complain.....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »
I ain't complaining. I happy.       For now!!!!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »

Dat last hand off shit we up boy. We woulda at least push dem more. Callender boots like they had rockets. Why we wasn't using he in de first place?

Yuh right. The race would have been more competitive if there was a better hand off at the last leg.

Powell still would have won anyway though.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »
http://www.sportstrick.com/play.php?vid=1292 and tell Monkey Genius thanks  ;D

Brownsugs ah look on some sites and didn't see anything of that nature.

------------------------------------------------------------------
on another note....allyuh not easy nah
I reading some posts here there in other threads, how men disappointed about placing second, and the baton change was bad etc etc etc.....  My question to some ah allyuh, allyuh coulda do any better ??? Since when allyuh became experts on baton handling ??? Some ah allyuh, dis is allyuh first time in dey Track and Field section ah dey forum.

hush allyuh arse and enjoy dey damn moment. ah silver medal better dan NONE at all.
Yes dey fumble by dey 3rd/4th baton change, but dat is all dat happened. Nobody big toe touch dey line, no baton didn't fall. Be frigging grateful nah...juss once.

steupse

TnT sprinters congrats also Jamaica sprinters congrats on dey gold and the record breaking moment.  :beermug:

Ah hear yuh pardner ..if they did offer ah silver before de race to our relay team who woudda refuse it ? is de besr we coulda do !!!!! it jess shows yuh kyah please ah trini !

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »
I don't know what anyone have to complain about, the only way for us to win the gold was for Jamaica to drop the baton.  Considering the last minute changes and the issue with the final handover it was still a phenomenal race by T&T especially by Richard Thompson on that anchor leg.

Well done guys!!  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »

Yuh right. The race would have been more competitive if there was a better hand off at the last leg.

the BEST things are that
we carried the stick around the track
AND
We are #2 in the world
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 10:42:48 PM »

the BEST things are that
we carried the stick around the track
AND
We are #2 in the world
dah ent sound good ,second fastest in the world .Callender really rung down bolt ent truth ,to bad he had thatside step thing in the end .Congrats guys  :beermug:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »
I must get damn vex. This relay team since 2001 has gotten 3 silvers in 7 years 2 at WORLDS and one at the OLYMPICS - and still no support. USA and GB spent 1 million on theirs and they ent even run 300m good around the track men or women ....the amount of crap we waste a million on -

GET SERIOUS!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 12:14:44 AM »
I must get damn vex. This relay team since 2001 has gotten 3 silvers in 7 years 2 at WORLDS and one at the OLYMPICS - and still no support. USA and GB spent 1 million on theirs and they ent even run 300m good around the track men or women ....the amount of crap we waste a million on -

GET SERIOUS!

Correct Ato.  It's not just T&F though, all of sport, at the public and private sector level there just isn't that committment (until the moment of waggonism arrives) to support sport.  Like many I don't only see it as a means of national pride, but a means of providing opportunity to youth who can strive and succeed in these areas, a potentially viable alternative to illegal activity --- sigh.  Not sure when we will get our house in order, it's the same story whether T&F, Football, Cycling etc....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2008, 01:46:29 AM »
Dat's arrite, we go welcome de waggonists if they coming with money... now is the time to underscore to Hunt the need to be spending on T&F... not only are we doing well, but it will afford him an opportunity to take front on jack on this whole neglecting 'ghetto sports' thing. 

He promise to take care of Rich... we need to let him know dat watering de plant is not just about sprinkling water on de flowers... we need to make sure de roots get wet as well.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2008, 09:32:23 AM »
Dat's arrite, we go welcome de waggonists if they coming with money... now is the time to underscore to Hunt the need to be spending on T&F... not only are we doing well, but it will afford him an opportunity to take front on jack on this whole neglecting 'ghetto sports' thing. 

He promise to take care of Rich... we need to let him know dat watering de plant is not just about sprinkling water on de flowers... we need to make sure de roots get wet as well.

I (and am sure others) would welcome that as well BnS, the problem though is that the $$ support cycles w/the global accomplishments (that are usually fuelled by individual pursuit and talent) as opposed to fuelling frequent global accomplishments and reducing those cycles
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »
I just heard the Richard Thompson soca tribute by the original Defosto himself ,...get on yah marks run run run .

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »

GET SERIOUS!

when you say the USA spend 1 million is that the govt? USOC? USATF? some combination of the 3? or something else altogether?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »
on ah annuda note..
who else here the Trini runner telling Bolt someting and Bolt lookin at him like wha up with this man boy ? Then ah hear the trini runner (doh know who, maybe Cali),saying "Come son, come, lemme...." daiz all ah hear ..it was in the tunnel, coming out to the race   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »
I know he said something to the effect of 'we go beat dem up' or 'I go beat him up' on the way out.  My wife and ketch real kicks off of that :rotfl:.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2008, 09:54:34 PM »
on ah annuda note..
who else here the Trini runner telling Bolt someting and Bolt lookin at him like wha up with this man boy ? Then ah hear the trini runner (doh know who, maybe Cali),saying "Come son, come, lemme...." daiz all ah hear ..it was in the tunnel, coming out to the race   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah Callender was talking trash tuh him... ah real enjoy dat.

Dat to me just underscores how schupid dis whole TnT v. Jam thing is...  dem men and dem real cool wid each other under all talk.  Even Spearmon, de US runner who get DQ'd... he and Bolt tight.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »

You guys who know track very well...did you find out what the 'splits' or whatever they're called were for the last leg?

Just curious, if the handoffs had come at the same time could thompson have bettered or matched powell?..cause from my naked eye Thompson spool up the turbocharger to full boost to pass dem two fellahs

Although  Asafa REAL run to redeem heself......redemption speed looks fas like hell
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:16 PM »
Asafa ran a WR 8.84s anchor last year in Osaka. It seems he smashed that to smithereens. He seems to be in shape to sacre even the new 100m WR later this year, if he gets a decent tailwind.
================
Bruce James, president of MVP had the following, or something close to it:

Carter - 10.3
Frater - 9.03
Bolt - 8.97
Asafa - 8.77

Remember, all runners except Carter had a running start, hence the big difference.

But, like I said, split times in a relay must be among the world's most inexact science fields.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LoL, they are all stealing my UK friends splits he gave yesterday.

Recorded the action from TV so I could catch-up with the action. Couple of angles, some estimates:

Nesta Carter 10.35
Michael Frater 9.03 (19.38)
Usain Bolt 8.95 (28.33)
Asafa Powell 8.77 (37.10)

That's bout as good as the estimates I can produce. Safe change between Carter & Frater so don't be too annoyed at 10.35 and 9.03, they could've been quite quicker (in 10.2x and 8.9x) with better changes. Like I say the numbers above are just estimates

E-Man Callander 9.28 (19.57-28.85).......TnT has a new curve burner !
====================

Fasuba's coach PJ did a prelim analysis and got Asafa at 8.68s.

Swedish site has Asafa at 8.63s.

OH and in case there is any doubt, in general, Jakans are dilirious that we won in style and extremely pleased that TnT came 2nd (good job Ato)! Now if they can just reinstate Churundy in the 200m...
Caribbean POWER.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:04:44 PM by willi »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2008, 12:12:04 PM »
These should be the most accurate so far consider who they were done by and they actually had cameras set-up.

USATF High-Performance analysis (figure good to within 0.02):

Carter- 10.41
               Frater-  9.01
               Bolt  -   8.98
               Powell  8.70

So to answer Dutty's question Richard would not have better or matched Powell's leg had they got the sticks at the same time. If you look at the video you will see that Powell was still pulling away from Thompson even after he got up to full speed. Powell's split is the fastest anchor leg by some way. Greene, lewis, Bailey etc in their prime would not have been able to match that run. Richard doesn't quite yet have the afterburners to run a leg like that, but will in due course.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2008, 02:09:33 PM »
steups allyuh forget is trinidadians we dealing with?

Afert Crawfie get we fus and only Gold to date Eric Williams name plane after he, Stadium get build and talk was we go see to it that there will be many more Crawfords: "Money is no problem."

His famous quote.

Little later a kaisoian sing ah song saying :  Money is no problem,"  "De problem is money."

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2008, 06:48:05 PM »
Still though anyone could get their hands on our splits?
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
BACKING DE BOYS ALL DE WAY IN ISTANBUL
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
Fishs made a quick visit to Istanbul.

Here is he and I backing the 400 relay squad in the semis in a bar in Istanbul.

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1300843&l=36b44&id=533420798

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1300844&l=f9968&id=533420798

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 09:10:21 PM »
Thanks 4 postin d race finally got 2 c it. 2nd was always on d cards once JA eh do nonesense ah glad 4 Powell 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>